Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I look like I care? (Mature, fairly long posts, pargraph atleast per post please, experienced)

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Do I look like I care? (Mature, fairly long posts, pargraph atleast per post please, experienced)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Do I look like I care? (Mature, fairly long posts, pargraph atleast per post please, experienced)

Post by themagus Sat May 26, 2012 9:04 am

"Hold on there, you shouldn't rush into this place so quickly - it's hard enough to survive even if you won't be attacked, and the old scandal here was right, or mostly right... There won't be rain in the Nether, you don't need to worry about that, but I... we, believe you won't get to safety without fighting for it." Methos's gaze turned to the other sword Tyrael was carrying by hand, the archangel offered it and Methos took it, examining it he found that the runes that were embedded in to the blade gave it the qualities of the blade he carried now - a divine blade, the sword however wasn't made in heaven, it was an earth made one, a mundane blade that naturally was a very high quality steel that was mastercrafted into a sword, Methos looked back to his mentor, waiting for an explanation. "Our weapons don't work here the same they do on other places." Said the archangel "Like my hood don't shade my face, thus the forces of hell can recognized me." Then his face turned grave with a memory Methos had a feeling he'll recognize, and the notion wasn't comforting - there weren't many things that put his mentors' spirit down "Do you remember Methos, the fight over Shadowdeath Valley?" Ofcourse Methos remember, it was before this silly war, back when Heaven and Hell were declared enemies, that was the worst battle Methos took part in, Hells' forces won, without a single casualty and heavy casualties for Heaven, they barely knew what hit them and it took them two more skirmished to understand, and that's when they withdrew, leaving Shadowdeath Valley to its' name - the shadows and death. Methos stared with disbelief as he remembered "A shadow--" "Assassin, yes." Tyrael cut him off "We couldn't spot him, ofcourse, but everything's leading to this - there's a shadow assassin after you." The shadow assassins, the residents of Shadowdeath Valley were a rival the warrior angels weren't able to cope with, the only thig that kept the warriors winning in other fronts was that the assassins didn't leave their valley, the moment the last angel left the valley the attacks stopped. Not a single Lord of Hell commanded them, they had their own leader, and hell used the valley as a natural berrier, and area they knew Heaven won't be able to invade from. Methos held on to the sword, strapping it over his own "I forged this weapon after the battles with the assassins, but our swords aren't able to absorb shadows so I had to use earthly material and magic." Methos nodded, he was wiser than to ask who helped Tyrael with this operation, Methos knew he was going against his superiors orders who were often as not God himself "Thanks Tyr" was what he could offer, and to the two it said it all. "I should get back, they're pressing on me and i have to take the long way, to find a story about how I didn't meet you" Tyrael said with a smile. They shook hands this time, looking in eachothers' eyes when Tyrael noticed soemthing "You got some light in you, keep it!" and with that he took off, his wings of light strings taking him away. Methos turned to Seclusion, Deadly Score and Taar, wondering if they were up for the challange of defeating a shadow assassin. There was nothing to it now, they had to go on "Let's go." he said and took flight, gliding on the warm winds before gaining altitude and turning toward the sun, which made it hard to look at the horizon "The temple i've seen should be over there, i didn't go inland so i can't be sure exactly, we'll have to keep going in this direction for some time to spot it with the sun in our faces."
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do I look like I care? (Mature, fairly long posts, pargraph atleast per post please, experienced)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Do I look like I care? (Mature, fairly long posts, pargraph atleast per post please, experienced)

Post by Soul Hunter Sun May 27, 2012 5:39 am

Seclusion rustled her half developed wings and stretched them to let the wind catch the feathers and take her into the air so she could follow Methos, the utopians had met the shadow assassins several time the clashing races had also fought several times both races were of equal size and her family in particular had encounters with them so she knew how they worked. “Seclusion, be careful, Deadly is getting worn before you fight you should sharpen her blades” said a deep voice “understood” she said bluntly before she soon flew on par with Methos “The temple is north west of here” she said “I trained in these lands so I know them well” she said “But first we should rest, I need to sharpen Deadly and you need to get used to that new sword." she said landing a little ways off she picked up some stones she had hidden there long ago and sat down to tend to Deadly, the blades being sharpened nicely and the gleam returning to make them look new, although she had both to polish up and sharpen still.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Location : sitting at a table playing a dangerous game of cards

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 am

Methos smiled, his master knew every bit of him, from the first moment he knew he would have that sword "There's no need, im already used to it." he said as he landed beside Seclusion, watching her taking a seat on a small rock and beginning to sharpen Deadly with stoned she got out of a hidden pocket, he looked curiously "I thought those kind of weapon don't worn out" he refered to this sort of intelligent weapons, that had their own entity and life, too "Anyhow we shouldn't stay here for too long, i want to reach that temple before sundown, the shadow assassin is a considerable threat" his voice slipped with doubt, and a bit of fear, he never wanted to have anything with these horrible things ever again, let the mages deal with them with their light magic which proved to be the best selution back at the war. Methos let Seclusion do her work with Deadly and went off to get the feeling of the place. He didn't. The Nether was as unknown and unfamiliar as he remembered it and will always be, he was out of place here, like his friends and as much as this place was out of place in their world. He shook his head, trying to shake the feeling without seccess and grabbed his new swords' hilt, his hand going right into place, the handle fitting percisely 'Like a lovers' hand, as the humans say' he thought but he kept from drawing it, he didn't want to ruin the moment of unsheathing it and striking with the same, fluid motion for the first time. Feeling forever uncomfortable in the place he was he went back for the rock Seclusion sat on, looking for the familair feeling of someone coming from his own space and time. He found Taar flowting close to the ground, flat on her stomach a short distance away from Seclusion and Deadly, a complete amusement on her face. She could see the mental wolf image of Deadly, Seclusion sharpening her teeth, ofter Taar poked at an unsmooth spot which made Seclusion go over it again, and Deadly nearly snap at her, the knowledge she probably would have been bitten by now if Deadly was in her wolf form making the fun all the better and she rolled in the air laughing her high pitch laughter but before Deadly went mad the Nexus backed off, giving the wolf time to cool off and showing she didn't have truely mean intent. Methos, smiling at the mischiefous behavior glided quietly above Taar and pushed her down at the torso, making her flail her arms and shriek at the sudden sink. Methos landed and Taar turned an angry glare on him, but he tapped her on the shoulder and she managed a smile and a small giggle just when Methos imagined Deadlys' reaction at this time if he pulled this on her. Having a better mood he turned to Seclusion "been alright while i was gone? Is Deadly ready? I don't want to be late." They were well into the Nether by now and the temple shouldn't be far, it was afternoon and Methos was thinking that they could probably see it now, that the sun has moved.

[ tell me if Deadlys' behavoir is ok, if not i could fix it ]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed May 30, 2012 7:08 am

She finished sharpening the blades and put the stones back in the same pocket they were in before “After some time they can wear down a little, but also it’s to ensure the blades cut properly, she answered and picked the scythe up laying her neatly on her back between her wings and looked to Methos “yes we are ready, seems I got the direction a little wrong and those Shadow assassins are very irritating for one, so Methos lead the way” she said to him stretching her wings she jumped into the air and waited for him and Taar “hurry up, the night is when they are most likely to strike” she said bluntly to the pair of them waiting in silence as she hovered in the air before she followed Methos as he led the way to where the temple was. “I’ve seen this place but what is actually here?” she asked him curiously hovering beside him when they stopped briefly.

(sorry brain dead at the moment...)
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Methos was only partly concentrated on the flight "I've never been there, but Tyr says it's a haven.” Was all the angel could offer "I guess we'll find what we need there though i have to admit i have no idea what that might be. Come on, it's not far." He said, pointing at the now clearly seen half sunken into the ground structure. The worm winds carried them toward their destination, the god forsaken land quiet and barren, the landscape not repeating itself but not changing in it's nature, even the odd structure which was closer now seemed like a part of the natural terrain but its' rhombus, pyramid like shape with a flat top protruding from the ground, the golden walls worn from the winds and the color became closer to dust than anything else. Methos lowered his flight while telling Seclusion and Taar to stay high in the sky, not wanting them to risk a meeting with a shadow assassin if he's there, he could aswell use their help and the most comfortable point would be the sky, where he had no reach or hiding. He flew about 5 meters above the ground, remembering to always keep his own shadow in sight. There was nothing near him in a large radius, the closest big rock lay a hundred meters away and the rest was the desert like ground that covered everything around him. He landed infront of the building, the huge doors, standing well above his hight were slightly open which left a big enough space for him to get in, but he didn't go for it, it'll be too easy to the shadow assassin to kill him once he got in there and if Tyrael was right the shadow assassin will try to prevent them from getting in, but there was no sign of him. He made the steps that weren't burried to the door and crossed the short distanse from the last step to the door slowly, trying to detect any movement and listen to his inner senses, he go to the door, put his hand on the stone-like material. He couldn't see what's inside, the indoor enviroment too dark for him to see when coming from the sun washed desert so he decided to give them some time to adjust, now that he was there he didn't need to hurry. After a minute of not seeing anything he got tired of the waiting and slowly moved his head closer to the opening. The darkness was thick inside, and no shapes could be seen yet. He went closer and closer till he was inches from it, the darkness looming over him throughout the high door, he tried to focus on something but there was nothing there but blackness, he looked hard and then, his nose nearly going through the door he saw a change the darkness that wasn't even a pattern of a shape, the darkness itself shifted. He tried to scramble back but before he moved a blade popped out, coming at his stomach. Methos pushed himelf away with his hands and flail with his wings for a moment, disoriented, before he could fly off, holding his belly and feeling the blood running through his fingers. He mustered the courage and let his hand go, looking at the wound he sighed with relief - it wasn't nearly as deep as he though, hesitation would've killed him if he did. He took a hod of his new sword and looked down. The shadow assassin walked out of the door, blood dripping from his blade and a mocking expression on his face, laughing at Methos. The blade disappeared and the assassin cast his clawed hands forward, it seemed that every shadow in the afternoon sun deepened and darkened, and then looked up, including everyone in his black for of a face, the message was clear - if they wanted to get in, they'll have to go through him. They had time to stall, but they'de loose for sure when the night will come, they won't even be able to land and rest. Methos pulled out his sword, getting ready for the fight, waiting to see his enemy diving into the shadow of a nearby pole that was cast a fair distance from the door.

[i hope it's good enough, i don't know if im clear at everything, i sent a PM about the topic so see it first? (im not sure you'll get it...) ]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:55 am

Seclusion hovered a little, she watched curiously. She could sense someone else was here as well, her eyes searching through the darkness to see what she could find, “Shadow assassin” she muttered and went over to Methos when he returned to the air “You ok?” she asked and looked to him before she backed up when he took hold of his new blade. “We can’t afford the night to come” she whispered to him. She thought a minute and pulled him up to her level resting her finger tips on his temples clearing his mind briefly “Just listen ok?” she said picking up the next attacks that the shadow assassin would make, but she struggled to even keep her gaze locked on the soul let alone attack it. Instead she landed to help him. She gave a light hiss "In front, claws" she whispered to him.

(Sorry, I'm lacking sleep recently)
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 pm

[ Methos is in midair... but lets say he's on the ground like you did in your post xD ]

Methos's whole body tensed, telling him teh next attack that the shadow assassin will make Seclusion triggered a speific course of action. The assassin attacks, now, and Methos had to react. He spread his wings as hard as he could, blowing Seclusion away from him and the danger and whirled his sword vertically to make an upward slash but he froze in mid-swing, the sword pointing forward. This was the moment he was waiting for - the moment he didn't know what happens in, Up till now he knew what will happen - the assassin will make his assault and Methos will defeat it, the problem in that strategy was that once Methos planned his next move the assassin knew it, his attack was as obvious as an ogre in a castle, and this is the moment he realized it and waited for the assassins' next move and for his warrior senses to guide him. For some reason he thought it will really be a claw attack so as long as he'll attack first there won't be a risk but as the assassin moved towards him in the shadow of the pillar it was standing in he (the assassin) disappeard and Methos's eyes popped, he was up to something... His wings making shadows... the assassin could come from any point under him and right after that thought, a moment that wasn't long enough to blink he felt it right under his feet so he turned the sword in a low circular move and pushed with his wings, hoping to prevent the assassins' attack and buy some time while he'd ascend but the assassin was too quick - at an amazing speed and impacable timing a hand popped out of the shadow and cought his leg, claws ripping his shirt and digging into his flesh. The assassin drew him in, to his shadow realm where Methos won't come back from. Methos ley his sword flat on the ground and used it to keep himself from falling inside. The assassin was gone, only his hand holding Methos's leg was left out. Methos prayed for the swords' powers to come but nothing happened and at the very last instance a fire tongue scorched the ground and the hand disappeared, hiding from the light sourse 'Are you alright?' it was Taars' voice, Methos turned to see her still holding the fire spell "Yes, good choice here." Light spells were best against the shadow assassins, but Taar didn't know any and went for fire spells, which were less effective but atleast held some effect. Methos stood up, his shin bleeding but it was nothing he needed to worry about, the grab was to take him to the shadow realm, not to slice him, and he readied himself for anther attack.

[ i am most sleepy when im typing, right now, i hope it's fine ]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:01 am

Seclusion growled a little when she was blown back form the danger giving a light snarl “Taar can you try and convey what I’m seeing to him, since he won’t listen…”but it was too late she cursed a little and then noticed it recoiled from light and fire. “Both of you close your eyes, Deadly sing…” she said placing her scythe down letting the music echo while she sat on top of it once more perching herself speaking in her ancient forgotten language. She kept speaking a little more snapping her eyes open and blocking an attack although she did obtain some damage she kept speaking. Suddenly there was a huge flash of light, only for a moment but it was enough to make it get away while She went over to Methos “When I say listen, listen you stupid angel” she said threads stitching him up again that bought them only a few seconds but that was enough for her to finish stitching him up before she was pulled by the hand of the shadow assassin. Deadly snarled and lunged having turned into the wolf form tried to rip at the hand but failed. She kicked the hand slipping free and hissed angrily letting her gaze try trailing around to find the assassin, it certainly lived up to its name that was for sure. Crouched with ehr wings loosley folded on ehr back, ready to spring open she sniffed the air a little seeing if she could pick up any trace of them.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Methos closed his eyes and listened to the incantation, recognizing bits from his previous studies but not enough to get an idea about the nature of the spell. He waited till he felt the burst of energy that the spell triggers and opened his eye, making sure he won't face Seclution as he could see the light from behind his eyelids and there he was, standing in Methos's long shadow was the assassin, the sword that first cut him in his hand. One slash landed on a block, another one parried, slow and testing the shadow assassin wasn't fighting for real instead, he gleed at Methos and Methos knew that whatever he knew the assassin knew too. When the spell dissipated the shadows changed so quickly the assassin had to retreat and regain his concentration, and that's when Methos noticed Seclusion standing beside him, his spirit rejecting the soul strings she used to heal him but he forced himself to accept them, it was rare to get wound mending in mid-battle. "Everything you tell me, everything i know he knows too, and once i plan a counter attack for his next attack he's already a step ahead of me, we can't take him, not like that. I'll slay him in one strike but his skill and cunning are unparalleled..." Methos stopped talking when he noticed the runes on his sword glowing the full spectrum of a rainbow, the flash giving it the push it needed start working and then he noticed another thing - he was facing Seclusion and the sun was shining off her eyes, the light coming from behind him, and he didn't have a shadow. That brought Traels' words back, the blade was made to fight these assassins by absorbing shadows "We can use the sword against it!" He was amazed, during the war the warrior angels didn't have any weaopn with the capacity of exposing the assassins so he took a look around to find a vantage point, a spot they could asolate a shadow in and expose the souless being.

[ ehh... one of my worst =/ my muse got expired, i'll go get a new one ]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:58 am

Seclusion backed up a little waiting her eyes instantly closing when she felt the burst of light in so many colours opening her eyes she noticed there were no shadows “hmm, how interesting” she said rustling her feathers and then looked to the temple “let’s make our move now before whatever your sword did wears off” she said to him “also for a vantage point try… I know the roof of the temple” she said to him. She didn’t want a fight to prolong anything and at this rate she didn’t want to risk continuing this fight with the Shadow assassin. She rustled her hair a little “let’s just get inside, you can find a way to the roof inside plus if we can clear the temple of shadows we can rest peacefully there for tonight as well.” she said to him. She waited for his response and got Taar to safety first before she stretched her wings and glided in the air motioning for him for follow to the roof and stood on the very tip waiting for him. “How about this for a vantage point?”

(same here...lol... hmm time to think of more random ideas...Smile )
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Methos's eyes popped open at her idea "We can't get inside, it's a shadow trap in there." He pointed out, they would be in a place that hadn't see sunlight in ages, and the shadow assassin will have a marvelous feast out of them. While Seclusion got to the roof Methos looked around, expecting an attack at any moment. When she finally got there she nearly blocked the sun with her wing, but just nearly. Methos was ready this time and let fly, the attack of the assassin missing completely as it came from Seclusions' shadow, standing at a hands' reach from Methos. "I was thinking about something more... private, how about that rock over there?" He pointed at the only nearby rock, standing 4 meters tall with a round top about 60 meters away from the temple entrance, rather isolated, and rather far. It was too obvious though and the dark killer won't follow them voluntarily. He had to get his plan to everyone without letting their enemy the knowladge of his plan, so he used two lined of communication: one verbal and one of consciousness - Taar still kept the telepathic link open but the assassin could read surface thoughts which is why as he was sending the telepathic message to told Seclusion with a loud and clear voice, one that will take her concentration from the message and leave the message on a lesser consciousness level, he said "Repeat after me: We will to fight our way into the temple." While he was sending 'We'll fight him and slowly let him think he pushed us away till we'll reach the rock.' He hoped she'll understand and do the same when as she'll repeat his words and he began to descend slowly, forcing her to answer him loudly, the same way he spoke.

[ i hope it's clear enough, i felt kinda puzzled myself when i read it ]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:00 am

She gave a slight nod at his suggestion before “We will fight our way to the temple” she said repeating what he told her and moved a little shouting the same words at him again before she backed up a little blocking the attacks from the shadow assassin with her scythe growling at it a little. Slowly backing up towards the huge rock her wings keeping her balanced spreading themselves a little to stop her from tipping her balance. She kept trying to push back to get into the temple pulling it off quite well. She growled when she got caught getting a nasty cut but at least it wasn’t fatal she could fix it up later anyway. Methos, what are you planning? she asked through Taar. Waiting for his answer as they let the assassin think they were being pushed back until she backed up to the rock waiting for him to execute his plan.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Methos followed Seclusoin back to the ground. The assassin awaited them in the same pillar shadow it was before and Methos charged at him right away making a powerful swing that used the swords' long reach to aviod an attack from the assassin. The assassin easily dodged it, half side-stepping and half crouching he didn't need to back away, and began to launch a counter attack when a scythe blade nearly took off his hand and he had to dodge again, now backing off into an attack stance. When Seclusion disturbed his attack Methos absorbed the pillar shadow, not allowing the assassin escape to his shadow kingdom and forcing him to back off from Seclusions' attack, then he came in with a barrage of fast attacks, first going for the witty Utopian and teleporting to the larger shadow of the angel, forcing them to defend and to back off themselves while scoring minor hits as the pair guarded their retreat. After a while they were far enough from the temple, and if the assassin wanted to disappear into the saftly of its' shadows he'de have to run back, risking sweeping attacks from both sword and scythe. He hesitated and Methos attacked again to show that he was working hard to defend himself and that he'de use any opportunity he'll have to attack but even though their thoughts were mostly focus on the fight, the shadow assassin picked trails of other thoughts and becase suspicious, his attacks became more careful and planned which made the fight progression even slower.
'Just keep on fighting, get us there.' He told her, while trying to dodge a clawed uppercut and missing his attack, the assassin appearing near Seclusion who played her part quite well, sending Deadlys' blades whirling so they deflected the dark ones' blade and one followed another cutting at him but like Methos - missing, while he got further back towards the rock, the assassin now facing him 'nearly there he thought as he missed another attack and backing off as the assassin lashed his blade one more time. They were very close now and he saw Seclusion swipping above him and landing in the shadow of the big rock, now stretching long as the late afternoon sun descended. Methos joined her and the assassin materialized before them crouching with hands on the ground and the shadow of the rock became completely black, they won't be able to escape it's perimiter now and the assassin launched a series of attacks, coming from every bossible direction if it was for the neck, ankle tendon or a wing vein, both claw and blade working at getting every possible vulnerable and vital area. While the tree were fighting Taar was looking at a dark globe, her elemental magic didn't seem to affect it. She tried Psionic magic, and was able to see through the darkness and communicate with the others but nothing else.

[ i don't know if to continue it or stop here, i'll post it and see... the sword will get them out of this so just survive? idk ]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Seclusion and her shadow were perfectly matched both just as determined to not let the other win as the other. She snarled and as did the shadow. She hope to god Methos would go through with his plan soon. Seclusion had no problems fending off both the assassin and her shadow having a double bladed scythe had its advantages and she could block with one end while she could attack with the other carefully. She felt Taar communicate with her and snarled a little once more this time at the shadow assassin “You coward, too afraid to come out in the open so you have to fight in the shadows” she smirked and kept on her tactics with Deadly giving small signals to her when an attack was coming as her back was turned. That did help ehr a great deal, she looked to Methos as if telling him to hurry up with his plan. She folded her wings tightly so they could not be attacked as easily and signaled for Methos to do the saem since it would help him greatly.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Methos saw the signal but couldn't reply, his size and unbalanced blade made him an easy target for a tactical fighter such a as the assassin and he had to keep moving, and fast. For that he kept his wings partly spread, giving powerful thrusts that helped him turn and sent him flying short distances, his swings either full force or defensive quick slashes. They fought for a while, the assassin appearing near him, stiriking and going back to face Seclusion, Methos then took off, taking himself as high as the shadow of the rock allowed him to, and dived right into the ground. The assassin, knowing his plan, left Seclusion in mid-fight and came from under him to block his attack but it could not match the angel in strength, and Methos's momentum knocked the sword from the assassins' hand and burying a foor into the ground. The runes littered and the shadow vanished, the magic of the sword keeping it from reappearing. Just for a moment the assassin stood shocked - he was left without his battleground advantage, one that he had all his life, that was a part of him. He came in hard on Methos, but loosing his invisibility advantage Methos kicked him and used the kicks' momentum to pull his sword out of the ground, finishing with a complimenting wing that hit air - the assassin rolled aside to avoid the predictable attack, the short sword coming out of his palm and into his grip again. He stood up and watched his two opponents, waiting for their next move to pop into their minds. Methos exchanged glances with Seclusion 'Pressure him till he's down, the sword can kill him' he sent through Taar, no point in holding anything back now, they are going to kill him. The assassin turned to run the 60 meters back to the temple, but Taar rose a high ring of fire around them, creating a ring of something the assassin couldn't escape from - the source of earthly light, and the fight began with Methos rushing in, trying to push the assassin to the wall but with amazing agility the assassin jumped above Methos's slash and landed beside him, the angel forcing himself to get away before the assassin could make an attack.
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:26 am

Seclusion watched a little when everything began to fall into place and watched as the assassin tried to run and sighed twitching her fingers a little, they tried to grip at the shadow assassin to pin him down. She looked to Methos and Taar before she spoke to Taar Can you channel your power through my threads? she asked and then once the threads gripped and pinned the assassin down the strong yet delicate threads refused to let go and sharpened the more he struggled. “Look just finished this off “ she said through Taar to Methos, she was getting tired of this game now. Snarling a little she tightening the strings making sure they had a grip on the muscles and nothing more so no doubt this creature was in pain. She waited for Methos to finish it off keeping control of her threads best she could cinsudering the amount of struggling she found it a little hard aty times....
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:54 pm

'I can't use the swords' power on the threads, but i can kill it now!' He sent back as he charged at low flight, gaining little altitude and coming down face snarling at the shadow assassin. His blade was beside him so he couldn't quite see it, but he knew he aimed well and trusted Seclusion to keep the assassin fast, there was a flash of light as he felt the blade going through what he could only describe as a condensed mist and a fading ghost sound followed, confirming the strike. He turned in time to see the assassin, cut in a vertical slice vanish and the soul threads floating in the air for a moment before returning to Seclusion and he said "Good riddance, curse those assassins... Are you two alright? We should get into the temple as fast as we can, i don't think anyone in the world could track us there." He was looking at Taar while saying this but the Nexus floated high in the air, her shadow not visible and well out of a melee combatants' reach, then he looked to Seclusion and saw the the vicious gash she got at their retreat to the rock. It was nasty, and as the adrenaline will fade after the battle the pain will come, he walked to her, and offered himself for support "We'd better treat that in the temple, this land isn't a pleasent place to be at night." He said, looking at the sun that was a semi-circle now, half way down the horizon.

Finished!
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:26 am

“I’m in one piece” she said and nodded before she headed into the temple “and I know that already the tales I’ve heard from my tutor, for he is one of those unpleasant creatures” she chuckled and Deadly shook her head turning back into a wolf and walked at her heels while they headed back. Walking into the old temple she looked around this place was ancient, very ancient and the shadows inside seemed to have vanished which made her feel a lot better. She gave a yawn and rustled her hair just wanting to sleep. “Anyone else exhausted?” she asked them both feeling her energy just drain from her and she just settled herself down in an old chair she found quite comfortable just to sleep with her wings wrapped around her to keep her warm despite her ice cold skin. Settling down she was soon asleep and Deadly chuckled “you two get to sleep as well, we all need it and the night has come so it’s time we all rest” she said softly to them all and settled at the foot of the chair seclusion sleep in with her legs over one of the arm rests and leaning slightly towards the back of the chair as she slept.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:09 am

Methos was amused by Seclusions' words, she would heal herself later and she didn't mind the wound after the threat disappeared, she was used to it and Methos just went after her with a small smile on his lips.When they got to the temple Methos slowed to inspect the material it was made of, he couldn't quite decide whether it was stone or some sort of metal of both, and most things in the entry hall seemed to be mae of the same, now gray and sometimes a bit yellow material, like the chair Seclusion sunk herself into seeming to feel comfortable. He found Taar floating above his head level, inspecting the wall. It had circular and spiral carvings that were spread all over the room and Methos guessed this whole place was covered with them and probably the outside too, but those carvings disappeared long ago in the dusty wind. One of the bricks, at a comfortable waist hight protruded from the wall, Methos walked to it and Taar joined him. They found that the brick had a bowl shape, semi-circlish hole in it, Taar reached out and toutched the brick. Faded blue light appeared in the carvings while the hole filled itself with water, so this what Tyrael meant when he said it was a safe place. The room contained few other bricks of that sort, one produced a square orage object that after a long inspection Methos could determine was food, he found it tasty though he couldn't link the taste to anything else he ever ate while also guessing it won't nourish him as other, worldly food would and another brick conjured a tiny orb of light serounded by a completely transparent glass-like bubble that Methos could move around and leave in mid-air just to see it floating, he could also smash it so effortlessly he wondered if it was his thought that did it, and after he opened his fist he found the orb of light gone. The angel, testing the healing orbs didn't figure out their purpose as he didn't use them properly - he smashed them with his hand instead of smashing them on him wounds, or if he was sick on his deseased areas. The room, other than the chair Seclusion slept in and the bricks contained a single, long and narrow table with medium chairs around it, benches that went along the walls, a stand that was probably used to give speeches or to carry a large book that was often used to record the passengers who passed through the cities in the middle ages, and a big, noticable chair decorated with carvings of the natural world was standing on a hightened plate over the left wall, allowing whoever sat there to see all who passed the temple entrance while an exit to a corridor lay on the wall opposing the main doors. All of those were made of the same odd material, Methos didn't notice all the details, he was tired from the long journey, even with the battle pumping his blood, he fell asleep on one of the benches, Taar following his lead spread her body over the table and was quickly dreaming about her far away home. The room was never entirely dark but it seemed to reflect the time of day and became dimly lit as the sun disappeard, continueing to shed her light in another part of the world. As the night came the door to the temple closed silently yet wasn't locked, Methos slightly awoke for a moment recognizing the absence of fresh air but fell asleep again, as quickly as he woke.

[ mm, im unsatisfied with this one, feels like something's missing ]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:00 am

The next morning when she woke up she took notice of everything having been too tired before and rustled her hair a little before standing up and stretching out her wings. She looked around a little once more before she made her way to a certain part of the room and looked to it curiously “Oi, you two wake up” she said nudging Methos and then Taar. She looked to the wall once more “Something doesn’t appear right, for one this one wall is hollow, different sound when you know on it" she said knocking the wall next to it then that one" wonder what they’ve hidden behind it” she smirked and rustled her hair curious to see what was behind and what was hidden here, she had always wondered why this place existed as a child and the Reaper always said it was because there was something to protect here in this vast land of nothingness.Although who knows which Death that was" she said her head falling to oneside.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Methos looked at the wall with surprise "Hmm" he said to himself while examining it, he couldn't feel any magic around him yet magic had to do something with it, he also guessed Seclusion couldn't see too much in it with her soul seeing, none of their tools, mundane or magical could well syncronize with the materials of their inviroment, yet she knew about this, maybe it was Death whom she over-heard talking about this place, however she knew about it wasn't as important as the moment, Methos was getting the gut feeling, the one that told him he was around something that was mroe than him, something that his soul could woven through as part of the fabric of existence... The longer he dwelled on it the more determind he became about unravelling this mystery, and he began knocking on the wall, trying to decide the exact measures of the hollow in it. He took off the sword Tyrael gave him and rested it on another wall, then he took his own sword, holding it with both hands and butted the wall with the hilt as hard as he could, not a scratch, as he expected "there's magic nivolved in this, or the wall would probably crumble where it's hollow and by my guess, no magic from our age could move it too. I know i can't do anything about it, do you have an idea?" He asked, somewhat worried that they won't be able to get to whatever it was that drew Seclusions' attention and sent a to Taar, who by then found an interest in a small tea pot.
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:35 am

She looked to Taar "Taar, can you come over here?" she asked "See if you get get that wall down ro figure out what's behind it, me and Methos aren't having any luck with our magic and abilties you however, have different ones so can you tell us anything?" she said softly. She could not see the anceint aftifact behind it. This place jsut was either impossibly old or extrememly new but still something was hidden bhind that hollow wall and she was very curious.
Behind the wall however the old chalaise remained in silence a strange liquid in it remained but it did not reflect a single thing in that room, it only reflected people and creatures nothing more and could also see the hidden, the truth, thsoe that tried to hide themselves however, its origin remained unnoticed.
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Taar turned to look at the wall, she frowned when she put down the pot and floaetd a around the room toward the others, the wall was just like all the other walls - it was dust gray with a slight yellow-ish tint to it, it was in the Nether, and like other things in the Nether, it was boring. Then, just as Seclusion was talking she noticed the magic, flowing ever so slowly in the curves carved into the rock, it wasn't active yet it held the thin wall and made it look like the other walls in the reception hall. She didn't recognize it, not at first, so she started flying around the wall, sensing its structure and purpose till, after few short moments, she could understand it. It was the magic of those who were before her in the world, so she couldn't quite controll it, but she found a way to work with it. Taar decided to trust her intuition about this magic to lead her through whatever ritual it required to open the wall and so she let a little squick out as she summoned the forign power and let it shape her spell to fit the one in the wall, she wasn't comfortable when it took over her making her wave her hands in an odd way, she could almost picture herself holding a staff in her hands as they followed one another, In another situation she could giggle at the thought of using a staff herself, something that meant to aid those who needed help in focusing their magic this time however, she could believe those unexisting magicians practiced their art with those over exaggerated gestures. The magic was building itself in her, regardless of her own source - it came from all around her and burdened her but not to the opint she couldn't maintain it, and just as she thought it should be ready her right hand lifted to the sky, or ceiling in this case, and a bright ping ray shot from her body at the wall, immidiately expanding in a large diameter to cover the wall from floor to ceiling with strange marks and pure energy. The facade disappeared and left the carvings in the wall glowing, the Nexus was in complete awe from her doing, and for the lack of immidiate result of the walls' disappearance she backed away slowly, fearing the many possibilities that spell she just cast might cause, but just a moment after the large bricks began moving, creating a lighted path into another section of the temple. Taar moved to Seclusions' side, not knowing what to do next and too afraid to make a move herself 'Was that sepose to happen?' She asked through the telepathic link. Methos didn't move the entire time, all he did was to remark that he never saw spellcasting that was based entirely on staff movement, which is what Taar would do if she only had one. He took a step toward the hallway when it opened, asking himself if he really needed his sword here, in a place that was locked for probably more than his lifespan and gave an inviting look to the others to join him.
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Hunter Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:00 am

She looekd to the wall almost confused when the markings were there "I have no idea what was supposed to happpen, i jsut sort of hoped that it would all collaspe" she said and ran her fingers over the markings, they seemed to change black in when her fingers touched them and she could see behind "Look over there" she said pointing to the old chalaise and wondered what it was doing there. "What is that doing here I wonder?" she asked rather curious about it "Methos any ideas why it is there?" she asked seeing if he had any ideas adn ruffled her wings and then her hand slipped through the markings and she pulled her hand back nervously.

(sorry this week si really busy for me... so bare with me if my replies are bad)
Soul Hunter
Soul Hunter
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:04 am

"No, i've never heard of anything in this place, just that it exists. Why would anyone put anything here? If it's from the time that this temple was built it probably has no use, not in our hand or in our world I sepose, it's hard to know what to think anymore." He said with a slight grin and gave a sidelong look to Seclusion "If it's from our time someone took great effort to place it here unnoticed AND use ancient magic to seal the wall, and he made sure it'll be in a place no one could use it, it'll be my guess that the magic of this place won't support the chalice..." He gave a small pause, rethinking the recent events - A shadow assassin, a very powerful one was waiting for them, the temples' magic was obviously still active and working on its own... Taar could use the sealing magic, but who can tell how old that one was... "Do you think there might be a possibility that the chalice is the old one and this wall and seal were... Well 'new' won't fit here perfectly, but 'relatively new'?" As he said that he reached his hand through the seals serrounding the chalice, daring himself, and like with Seclusion nothing happened [<-is that ok?], there was less than a centimeter between his finger and the chalice, but he'd rather not toutch it and he drew his hand back, letting it drop and calming himself taking a big breath and ruffling his hair.

[ow i didn't know what else to do]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next