Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started - Page 2 Empty Re: A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:04 pm

"I got to admit that's what I was kinda thinking to at the time, but ofcourse he went to court and then jail." I turned to look at Bones "You want to help brush him?" I asked. Looking at Thorn I saw him glance at Veronica. He was standing closer and watching us. I picked a body brush from the grooming box and went to stand by Bones. "Thorn there is a great mover, in his past life I was toldhe was training to be a jumper. His sire was a unsecsefule race horse and his dam was used for eventing." I said. I brought the brush over Bones well deep set shoulder's and down his strong short back. "Bones hates bath's by the way." I hinted. I did not know if she wanted to buy him or not but she seemed to like him. I talked to Bones for a moment as I cleaned his coat. "So what's your story?" I asked turning to look at her-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started - Page 2 Empty Re: A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Veronica

I nod and take a brush from the bag. The curry comb perfect for removing the caked dirt on his belly. I giggle "Really? My old horse loved baths, I do believe it was his favorite part of the day" I smile and run the teeth of the comb over his stomach, breaking apart the clumps of mud and sending dust into the air. A sneeze resulting from my position above the comb. I lower myself into a squat to avoid breathing much more of the dust. My breath caught in my throat at his words, tears balling the back of my throat. I attempt to hide it by shrugging nonchalantly, but bite at my lip. My brushing becoming more absent-minded.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:24 pm

I smile a little when she sneezed trying to avioed the dus myself. I started on his hooves humming a little. Whe she told me her horse like dbaths I said "Honey does to, she likes to try and eat all the suds that get into her mouth." I look at her relizing her face was more in a blanck or rather plain exspresion. "Evrey thing ok?" I asked putting Bone's foot down-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Yea" I clear my throat and shake my head. Straightened brown hair with golden highlights sliding over my bare shoulders. "Sorry" I small and stand up. Putting the curry comb back, I get out a smoothing brush and slide it over his belly, smoothing his coat to a shine after the dirt was removed.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Hmm? I stood up straight a little and patted bone's shoulder "If you want you can saty for a while and see more of the horses or even take some for a ride and see what you think about them?" I asked with a encuraging smile.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 pm

"Well, what would you like to do?" I counter the question, unsure of how to respond. I did like Bones, he was sweet and strong.

[fail]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:46 pm

"Well we could go riding." I said, yeah I could ride Honey and she could ride well Fancy a grey mare would do nice for the job. She had been used for trail riding in the past and was now looking for a home. "You could ride our mare Fancy?" I said-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:48 pm

"alright" I say and stand up. My knees popping from being in the uncomfortable position. I place the brush into the bag. My hand runs gently over Bone's shoulder before ending it with a pat. "I mean, if you're not busy or anything" I comment.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:02 pm

"Oh no not at the moment." I say while I untie Bone's. I lead him into his stall near the end of the isle next to Champ a chunky bay and the large shire Bee. I then went into the tack room to pull all of the tack out. I went to get Fancy from her stall and tied her up. "She is very good just got abandoned, she was a school horse for younger kids but for some reason when she was sold her new owners moved and couldn't afford to take her with them." I said. leading Honey from her stall-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:19 pm

"oh" I say and stroke Fancy's back tenderly. I then grab a soft brush and comb her back down a little bit. Her saddle was already there. Taking her saddle pad, I place it on her, barely over her whithers. I then place the saddle on. Tying the strap loosely until she gets warmed up. I take off her halter, setting it around her neck. Placing the bit in her mouth and folding her ears gently into their place. I then remove the halter and hold the reins.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:22 pm

I smiled at Fancy, she was doing great with her and the grey was acting very calm and stood still. I saddled Honey up adjusting the stirups seeing my uncle had used the saddle yesterday. Rubing her forhead I slid the bridle on with the hackmore. No bite was used on her, even when my uncle said it would make her mouth soft I knew it was the only peace she worked best with. I slid my booted foot into the stirup then pulled mayself up into the saddle. Holding the split reins in one hand I turned her around. "You can get on her in here or outside if you feel more conferdable that way." I said. She had taked the mare up without a problem "Do you ride often?" I asked seeing how well she handled Fancy-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Veronica
I shake my head and mount the mare from her left side. "Unfortunately no, after my last horse passed on, I haven't been able to ride" I say and squeeze her sides gently, she responds by walking slowly to the man's side. "I don't believe I caught your name.." I say.

[ sorry if he already told her... ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 pm

"It's Riley." I said smiling a little. I have Honey walk outside and stop to turn in the saddle "I'm sorry about your horse, my first horse was a saddle pony named Trib." I smiled "Well he was really was a mustang but he was old and cranky." I said laughing a little-

(No it's ok his name is Riley Ford) Cool

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Veronica

"It's nice to meet you" I smile warmly at him after he introduces himself. Fancy automatically moves towrds the two without my cue. To keep her in line, I pull the reins and force her to turn in a tight circle. She immediately responds. I stop her and she waits. Knowing that she was now responding correctly, I tap her sides gently and she trots up to the man. A beautiful, feminine laugh pulling from my throat. "I see, mine was simply a quarter horse. But had blue eyes and was a bay. Odd but gorgeous" I shrug and pat Fancy's shoulder for her cooperation before.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:47 pm

I smile "Fancy does not seem to agrea with the direction where taking, there are some nice trails that start from the pasture into the woods." I tap my heels against Honey's sides and we snap into a brisk trot. Siting straight in the saddle I laugh a little "Come on cow girl!" A horse with blue eyes was odd-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Veronica

I give him an odd look and tap the sides of Fancy twice. She canters to catch up with him, then matches their pace. "Cowgirl?" I joke. "What gave you the idea that I was part cow?" I tease, joking about the odd phrasing.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:59 pm

I laugh "Don't all girls who love horses want to be a cow girl?" I said patting Honey's neck. "Honey does." I joked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:26 pm

I smile at his words and shrug. "Sure, but the hot sun and cow poo don't sound too pleasant" I joke and look around. "So... what is your favorite trail around here?"
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:35 pm

"I like the one that leads to the pound and willow trees." I say. "I learned to swim there and broke many young horses there to." I said. Troting into the back pasture I follow the small path that lead to the small bunch of trees. "So do you have any specail place you go to?" I asked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Veronica
I shrug "Not really.. maybe the local coffee shop?" My words slightly questioning. I allow Fancy to fall behind slightly so she was following Honey more than walking with her. The steady thuds from their hooves like music to my ears.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:50 pm

I push branches up and out of the way as we ride through the small patch of woods. "So where are you from if you don't mind me asking?" I said-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:53 pm

"Wisconsin" I answer, my voice soft. As though if I spoke any louder our entire ride would be ruined. The sun's rays warped and shaped from the leaves it had to pass through and move around. "It's beautiful here" I say quietly, barely audible to him.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I smiled "Yeah it is really nice out." As we walked into the clear I looked at the pleasing seenarey before us. Weeping willows bowed under the gentle breeze and a clear pound could be seen glistaning in the sunlight.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:02 pm

"Are you from here?" I return the question. Looking forward at the pond. A grgeous blue/green color. The reflection of the trees created an interesting picture. I missed this. I haven't been in the wilderness for.. around 15 years. I was eight when my father passed away and I was sent to foster care.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:13 pm

"No I'm from California." I said simply while stopping Honey to dismount-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next