Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started Empty A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 pm

From my insperartion The Man Who Listend to Horsea:

I stood alone in the round pen (about the size of a small pond) with the unbroken horse-a powerful, potentially dangerous animal. When the horse enterd the pen, clearly nervus, I flicked a light cotton line at him-but never touched him with it to send him around and around the perimeter. I spoke to him. The horse soon learn's to respect but not fear, the tossed line, which I he had first instincivley perceived as a threat. Still trotong the horse eventually lock's one ear in the direction of my voice. He lower's his head to the ground and makes chewing motion's. As if to say "I want to talk." A wild horse now a animal of solitary. His powerful instinct, the heard instinct, to join another heard. Maybe my heard? When I face the horse and make eye contact, when to and not to, when to touch the horse first, when ever to move slow or fast: All this I know.
I stay where I am as he watches me. I let the lead rest over my shoulder and take a step closer. Very slow and easy toured him. He lift's his head and I stop. We keep each other's gaxe and he prick's his ear's. I know it is safe to step closer agian. I move toured him slowly my hand's out infront of me but not to close to him. "Easy." I say. He watches me and I can hear his steady breathing. he lowed his head and my finger's touch his muzzle. I let him know that I will do no harm to him. I slip the bridle off my shoulder and raise it up. I stand at his side rasing the bridle over his head and slip my index finger in the corner of his mouth and then slip the bite into it. He takes the bite and stand's waiting. I strocked his neck and wait for the right minute-

Back ground: Riley is 22 he shares a small ranch with his uncle and break's horses feel free to jump on in Very Happy

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started Empty Re: A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:17 am

(Sure thanks- Very Happy

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started Empty Re: A Horse Whisperer? [mature if you want it, exsperianced, and please be a active member if you reply] Re-started

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:32 pm

[just a question first-srry im stupid like that and ask questions-can his uncle sell horses or something?]

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:22 pm

It's ok, Riley break's the horses but his uncle cover's most of the exspences like bill's and stuff. He does sell the horses when the ready to have a new home and bring's in new ones for training.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 pm

[ok thnx]

Veronica~
I open the large, rusted metal gate and step through. I glance around, and head towards the man who was training. "Hello? Are you Mr. Kinslow?"[is that ok for their last name?] I asked, my dark hair was in a braided bun, but a few strands had blown out in the wind. I watched his work over the tall gate. My short stature was a disadvantage, and many tried to take advantage of me. I move my stunning green eyes to the horse, and watched it closely. It appeared completely relaxed. Amazed at how well he handled the horse, I completely forgot about my earlier question.
I was looking to buy a horse, a gelding probably. One that was young and capable, but trustworthy. I liked larger horses, they could get more done easily. The mountains were always my dream place to live, and now that my father died, I sold the house and headed for the hills, so to speak. My excitement wasn't hidden, as I had waited my whole life for this horse. I even had my fathers saddle and bridle in my arms, ready to fit it to the horse and ride home.

[is that too short??]

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 am

(Your welcome and great picture I have one of Riley but he look's like he 17 so I need to find a new one. His last name is Ford but his uncles last name can be Kinslow I did not think of one for him yet. And the post is the right size you dont have to worry about that though my get short sometimes Very Happy )

I could hear the girl opening the gate, but I watched as the horse took the bite. He was looking at me, and I looked back at him. I slid the chin starp through the small loop and buckled it. I then made sure the bite did not pinch the horses mouth. I lifted the rein's over his head and kept one hand on his shoulder. I spoke softly and let him chew on the bit. I held the rien's and lead him to the center of the round pen. Sitting there was a old stalk saddle, the horse lowerd his muzzle exsamning it. I grabed the saddle pad slowly and raised it. He watched but stayed where he was. I rubbed it agianst his side and he pawed the ground. I stopped moving and soon he did to. I rubbed the saddle pad against his shoulder then drabed it over his neck. His eye's grew large but he did not move. I was letting him feel the blancket and know it would mean no harm. He had figured that part out. I slowly lowed the blancket onto his back and straightend it out. He stayed still and I grabed the saddle horn to raise the saddle off the ground. He had a light sweat and his breathing was swifter. I let him smell it and feel it, as I strocked his neck. He clamed down and I raised the saddle above his back and let it rest on his spin. He stayed and I slowly reached under his belly to grab the saddle girth. I pulled the saddle girth over to the other side of his belly and started to tighten it. His nostril's flared and eye's where rimmed white. I backed up with the lunging line and started him in a circle. He started at a trot, I was getting him use the the stirup's as he went around and around the pen. I worked him and as I turned and saw her holding a saddle and bridle. "My uncle is Mr. Kinslow, I'm Riley Ford his nefiew." I kept my eye's on the horse as he lowerd his head. I kept him going. I took my eye's off the horse for a moment to see her more clearly. She seemed to be watching the horse very closley-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:21 am

Veronica~

I nod, then look at him instead of the horse "Do you know where I can find him?" I asked, my voice small but strong. I tucked a strand of hair behind one ear

and shifted the weight of the saddle into my other arm. The air was familiar to me. It smelled of grain and manure, of hay and horses. It smelled of my mom. I

felt myself tear up at the thought of her, but forced the sign of weakness back. The man handled horses so well, and I was very curious how. It seemed as

though he was talking to it. Wish I had that much experience..

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:12 pm

I ooked up at her "He is the farm office near the boarding barn." I said cliping the lead onto the horses halter. I strocked his neck gently and talked to him softly as I lead him toured the gate. "I think he might be working on paper work." I said "Is there any way I can help you?" I asked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Veronica~

I watched his graceful moves as they matched the horses. "Umm" I stuttered over amazement. Shaking my head and chuckling lightly "Yea, sorry, I was looking for a horse" I said and backed away from the gate to let him come out if he needed to.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:35 am

I smiled a little "Well I have two that are ready for new homes, if your looking to buy?" I said. I opened the gate and lead the horse through. Turning I closed it, he was watching the girl. "What's your name agian?" I asked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Veronica~

The horse's gaze fell on me, and I look back over at the man. "Yea, I would like to buy, and I'm Veronica" I flashed a warm smile. I felt the need to reach out and stoke the horse, but forgot it. Flicking my hair off my shoulder I await his reply.

[ Sorry, I've sorta been out of it lately :/ ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:11 am

(Thats ok it happens) Smile

I smiled back at her "It's nice to meet you Veronica." I look at the horse for a moment "This here is a new colt we brought in." I said. "He and a couple other three-year-olds had been hanging around an old farm so my uncle bought them and he is the last of the bunch so far to be trained." I said.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 am

Veronica

My eyes followed his words as they washed over the colt's gorgeous body. His strong legs and chest showing his good breeding. "He's very handsome" I said, and my eyes found the horses, mocha brown coloring looking into mine. My gaze found the man's and nodded towards the horse. "May I?" I asked to stroke the colt's coat.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:22 pm

I smiled "Sure he does not mind to be pet to much just don't touch his ear's, he did much better with putting the bridle on than I thought but he has a thing about anyone touching his ear's." I smiled at him "If your wondering he is Quarter horse, so far all we know is he was going to be used for cutting and roping. He has papers to." I said. Uncle said I should tell guest about the horses just incase they where looking to buy but I still needed to fix the ear problem. I watched him quietly as she pet him.

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Veronica

Listening to his words and softly running my hand down his strong neck, I answer him. "I'm not sure I'm looking for anything specific, just a horse that isn't lazy and is young" I said "I have a western saddle and bridle, just to add" I said and turned to look at the man, patting the horse's shoulder gently.

[ Ahhh get back here stupid brain! ... -__- ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:06 pm

"Well I might have him ready by tomarrow and you can spen some time with him right now if you want just so he get's use to you." I said. Sure feeding and brushing the horse would not put her in any harm, I new if evreything was taken nice and easy he would act just right for her. "I mean if you want to or I can show you some of the others?" I asked-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Veronica~

His voice blurred behind me, the horse's eyes captivating. I only registered his words without paying attention. My lips paused when they began forming my thoughts. Was he the one? Just then, the horse lowered his head and pressed it against my shoulder. A smile splits over my lips. My hand strokes his mane before I turn the man. "I think I'd like to spend some time with this one.. If you aren't busy, could you stick around and tell me about him?" I questioned. I wouldn't mind visiting with this remarkable man, the one who seemed to speak with horses.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 am

I gave her a small kind smile "Ofcourse, I will show you to the training barn where he has been staying." I started to lead the horse toured the barns but talked a sI walked beside him. "We call him by a few names Bones, Dappled With Reason since he has some dappling on his hunches." I said. "We called him Bones beacuse he was so skinny when we got him." I paused "But hes been putting on some weight ever since he arived." I said. "So far I have gotten him to waer the saddle and bridle but nothing more." I exsplaned. "I decided to learn his ways and what was the best aproach before saddling him. Other than that he has been very shy in the pasture, like when we go out to feed him he will stay a good distance away untill we leave. But I have just started working on that." I said. Walking into the large barn I could hear the other's call out to ther pasture buddy. A palamino named Honey pocked her pretty face out so she could see us. I smiled looking at her. "This girl is mine, her name is Honey." I said as we passed her. There was a large black Quarter horse named Thorn watching us from the back of his stall. "Thorn here has an abusive history." I said. I stopped Bones and tied the lead onto the ring atatched to the wall. We had been training him to stand tied for some time now and he was taking to it pretty well. "Some times he pulls at the lead but not enough to get tangled in the line." I said. I started to unsaddle him-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:59 am

[ I started my acount over, but I would like to continue this topic, would you? ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:15 am

Sure! Cool afro It's all good. Can't wait to continue-

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:19 am

Veronica

I smile up at the man as he speaks, knowing so much about the colt. "He was a neglect case?" I ask about the poor hose he was leading. However, I had only interupted him as he introduced his horse. I felt my cheeks get hot, although I simply admired the man. I didn't feel anything else for him at the moment. His beautiful mare greeted us with eager eyes. Next was a large black stallion, his appearance was rough however. I wince at the mans words. "That's so terrible" I whisper and reach out to allow the horse to smell my hand while the man tied the colt. "Oh, I'm Veronica by the way" I introduce myself, but continued looking at the poor stallion.[or gelding? Are they both geldings?]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Man O' War Lover Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:41 am

(Bones is a stallion, and Thorn is a stallion to Smile )

I looked at Thorn as he shifted his weight watching her not knowing weather he should go any closer. His history was hard to beleve in many ways. I finsihed untaking Bones and got a brush box out. I walked over to the stall "It's nice to meet you Veronica." I said. Looking at Thorn I paused a moment "He owner wanted to separate him fron all these mares he had so for some reason I have no idea the man decided that one of those large dog kinnels would do for a home." I said. I remember the first time my uncle called and I went to go pick him up. A lock had been put on the door and the space he was in had been filthy. Looking through the chain length fence I could see he had been naglected and starved almost beyond repair. "The athouritys let us take him home with us and I have been trying to repair the damige ever since." I said putting my hands in my back pocket's. "He has ganed most of his weight though." I added looking at him. The stallion eyed her for a moment then took a step closer. "Where really not sure what breed he is but I think he is mostly Thoroughbred by the look's of it. I have ridden him a couple of times, we didn't have to break him since he allready was but we have had to take him through most of the ground work all over agian." I said.

[Thorn's story is based on a true event. I was watching animal planted and they where talking about rescued animals and I saw this one horses' stroy pretty sad but he got qa new home thank god. Some people just don't know how to take care of animals.]

Man O' War Lover
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:45 am

Veronica

I turn to look at the man as he told the story, laughing, but masking it as a cough when he said he was put in a large dog kennel. "This big boy can't fit in one of those" I turn around again and notice the stud come a little closer. "That's too bad" I sigh and shake my head "I'd like to stick his owner in a dog kennel without food and water" I murmur and shake my head.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next