Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal Empty The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:20 am

Within days of her glorious birth, the young flaxen filly was abandoned by her dam. Left alone in a grassy plain hidden by a section of unusually tall, glowing grass. She was found days later, starving, dehydration, and half alive. A young mare discovered her and felt sorry, she couldnt leave her alone to die. She took her in on her own, not more than just four years of age, and nursed her with the remaining milk from a previous birth. Once the young filly was old enough to be on her own, with the mare not realizing her partcial blindness, she left her nameless.
Within her first few days, a nasty stud found her and took advantage of her blindness and forcebred her and left her on her own.

Mare~
Steping gingerly over the shallow, trickling brook. Her unsually small hooves felt along the grass so carefully, you would think she was an older mare then barely four years. The warm sun shone down and rested upon her chocolate brown pelt. The warm breeze drifted through the small wooded plain and tugged at her flaxen mane and twirled her matching tail aimlessly. Craning her head, she twitched an expert ear to the left an jumped at the sound of a fluttering bird. The sun gleamed across her white eyes and gave proof of her lack of sight.

Alone and pregnant, wandering the land, the unknown mare kept good pace. She trudged around trying to get out of the terrible little wood where her mother left her and a new mare took her in. Sad, sad that she has no name, doesnt have a mate for her child, and sad because she cant see, the mare keeps going with high hopes. She is battered and bruised from running into objects she couldnt sense, getting beat up by other mares or animals and flirty lusty studs who doesnt realize she is pregnant.

The mare stopped suddenly and gazed blankly at her gut, a shooting pain tearing up her insides. Groaning, she fell to the ground, nearly missing a large rock with her skull. She cried and whimpered in pain as she tried to block it all out. "I dont want it!" she cried as the young foal forced its way free of her body. Once free, the foal cried out in hunger. The blind mare got clummsily to her hooves and urged her foal to stand. She began to cry as her child nursed. "I dont know what you look like.." she whimpered.

Will someone come find her and help her see?
The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal Images%3Fq%3Dflaxen%2Bhorse%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1362%26bih%3D527%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=328&oei=Y-CZTbGfAa-H0QHEnISDDA&page=1&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0&tx=104&ty=107

foal~
The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal Images%3Fq%3Dpalomino%2Barabian%2Bfoal%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26gbv%3D2%26biw%3D1345%26bih%3D527%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C624&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=104&vpy=121&dur=1544&hovh=204&hovw=248&tx=177&ty=113&oei=E-GZTa_kC-SE0QHf07GADA&page=2&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:25&biw=1345&bih=527
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal Empty Re: The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal

Post by Nicoco177 Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Cai:I walked slowley up to the mare, being careful not to startle her " hello, I've noticed your blindness I'll take you to healers peak if you want, dont worry i'm not a forcer, i'm Cai." I walked up to her.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal Empty Re: The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:10 pm

(crap! I cannt see my pics so i have forgotten what the foal looks like lol)

Mare~
The mare's head jerked upward and to the side. Her ears twitched to catch the sound of the intruder and soon went quickly backwards. She lifted her mug to try and smell this new creature and she instantly shrank back with her foal. It was a stallion. "Please, just go." she pleaded, scared for her life. She had his line many times in her life, why should this one be any different.
But this stud said his name. She cocked her head and sighed. She did not have a name.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:45 am

"I'm not here to force you, honestly, I'm harmless!, I can take you to healers peak, so your no longer blind!" He said, looking up to the great mountain, with the stream of magical water running along it. (The Picture below is the stallion im playing)

Pic:The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal BbuvG
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Mare~
She focused her useless eyes on where she thought the stud stood. She wished so badly to able to see him. Her little filly nudged under her belly and suckled. It made her jump. "If you promise not to kill or harm me, i will go with you to be healed.." she said slowly.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:26 pm

"I promise, If I do, I will go and jump off a cliff, Now come." I said walking towards the large mountain.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:18 pm

The mare nodded her head slowly and noticed he was walking away. She heard his hooves hitting the ground advancing away from her so she knew it was time to follow him. The little filly was happy for company and bounded after the kind stallion. "Be careful child." she warned in a worn voice. She did the best she could to stay near hm and try not to run into anything.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:46 am

I smiled at the little filly behind me, "hello" I said to the young filly, and I focused my eyes back on the road "Dont worry" I said looking behind me to the mare "We just have to go up that extremely, rocky, steep hill..." I said pointing to the almost vertical hill.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 pm

the painted filly giggled and slowed her pace. She trotted between both the grown horses taking in all the wonderful new sights around her. The flaxen mare grunted, "If i could see it." and kept picking her way after them.

(Pic)
The unknown, blind mare and her gifted foal Milinkamed7
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:05 pm

He stepped on the rock a started to climb "Hold on to my tail!" I said to the mare.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:18 pm

The mare thought that was an odd thing to do, but she gently took hold and and ordered her child to do that same
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:15 am

"its just so I dont lose you." he said to the mare, they had reached half way on the mountin.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:57 am

The mare continued to pick her way slowly after him with her filly stumbling behind. "ALright.." she mumbled through clenched teeth.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:03 pm

The Stud clambered over a giant rock, the final rock, My ears laid back, hoping that the mare would make it over.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:19 pm

The mare grunted as he felt him pull himself over a rock and his tail was ripped out of her mouth. She struggled to feel around the rock until she could get over it. She reared and draped her legs over the top and lumbered over it. The filly made it safely over it too. "Are we here?" the mare asked him.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:00 am

"It apears so, wait unti you can see this place, its beautiful!" The young stud said, breathless, he shook himself and walked towards the healing water.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:20 pm

The mare nodded her head and followed behind him, listening to his hoof beats to see where he was going. The filly squealed and chased after the stud, nipping his tail before stopping at the waters edge. "Do i drink it?" the mare asked as she stopped at the edge too.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:10 am

"Hmmmm, I think you should either swim in it, or drink it?" I say quite puzzled.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:00 pm

The did not know, but she was eager to find out so she could see again. All she wanted was to see her little baby. Taking a deep breath and holding it, the mare plunged into the water. The filly squealed as the water dropped onto her and she hid between the stallion's legs. The mare opened her eyed under water and drank mouth fulls. When she felt it was enough, she climbed blindly out of the water. "How long do you think it will take?" she asked as she shook.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:32 am

"Maybe, a couple of hours? Anyway, it defenitly will work, since you drank some and swam in it!" I said tilting my head at the mare.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:33 pm

The mare had little patients to wait that long. With a grunt, she lowered herself to the ground and called her filly to her. "Come sleep with me." she cooed and the little filly laid down next to her. She cast a blind glance up at the stud knowing he would protect her and she fell asleep.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:30 pm

I stood next to her protectivly, I slowly bowed my head, resting my eyes, I hoped that tommorow, she would see.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:03 pm

The mare awoke the next morning with a fuzzy head. Her eyes felt funny and they tingled. She refused to open them so she blinked with them shut until they felt normal again. The warmth against her side from her baby was gone and it saddened her. She got to her feet with her eyes closed, unsure if she wanted to open them. What if the water did not work? Sighing, she the mare opened her eyes....

What she saw nearly made her swoon. With her new eyes she saw absolutely everything for the first time in her life. She could see colors as well as shapes. The trees and grass were green, the sky and water was blue, the clouds were white and the dirt was brown. She saw flowers sprouting about her the colors of pinks and violets and oranges. She dared to look at the rising sun and was blinded by the brilliant yellow. "Where is my baby?" the mare asked bewildered and spun on her heels to find the little filly. The filly bounded towards her, "mama! Mama!" she cried as she ran to embrace her. "Baby!" she said as she started to cry. "You are so beautiful!" Smiling, she gave her a name. "Rose. Like the pretty flower that i saw the moment i opened my eyes."
The mare then looked at the stallion who guided her up here. "Thank you so much.." she whispered as she studied him. He was a handsome stallion for sure.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:43 am

"Its okay, Im sure its brilliant too see coulors again isnt it!" I said as I looked into eyes, they werent that coulded color anymore!
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaloka Ahilya Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:23 pm

The once blind mare blinked her brown eyes a bunch of times making sure nothing would go away. "Its amazing!" she said with delight.
Aaloka Ahilya
Aaloka Ahilya
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next