Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horse Whisperer's Abode

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Horse Whisperer's Abode - Page 4 Empty Re: The Horse Whisperer's Abode

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Payton~
my eyes clouded over with thought as i stare out into space, i could hear the giggles and squeals from my baby girl as Bennie chased her around the house, "im going to get you" he teased playfully at her, as her grabbed her around the waist, her squeals and crys of laughter filled my ears, her saying "good night mommy, i love you" right before i would kiss her fore head and say it back then walk out when she was asleep and curl up on the couch with Bennie. i grit my teeth as the tears threaten to fall, i squeeze my eyes closed, why P why do you do this to yourself? there gone so stop leaving in the freakin past! i snapped at myself in my mind then open my eyes and walk back into the barn looking for Ami, my backpack sling over my shoulder, i stop finding her "need any help?" i asked my grey eye blank
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I arch my eyebrows at her. The look in her eyes was really starting to tick me off; It was the way druggies and alcoholics looked, and I hated them. "Yeah, carry these two buckets to the wash rack, if you will," I said, pointing the bucket of what I would need to treat him and the bowl of diluted Betadine, untying Rascal's leadrope and beginning to lead him around the left side of the barn.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Payton~
i nodded "yea sure" i say dropping my backpack and move it out of the way, i walk over and pick the buckets and start walking to where the wash racks where, i blow my bangs out of my face, i could see that my blank eyes were ticking her off but i kept then blank because it was easier to keep then blank, then to enplane to people why i had pain,hurt,anger, and loneliness in my eyes. i walk in and put the bucks on the wash rack
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
Leading Rascal onto the mat covering the concrete, walking on the outside while leading him in, the railing that came about three and a half feet up on both of his sides, close to him. Dropping the leadrope over the railing, I walked behind him and hooked up the plastic-tube that covered a chain behind him. "You can set it down in front of him," I said. There were two wash racks side-by-side in front of this barn, each with their own house, the farrier mat to its left, and a tiny building right next to it. In front of all these were one of the two lines of outside stalls, most holding horses in them. A couple were out in the pasture, and three (Rascal, Ozzie, and Scout) were in the barn. Each stall was against the barn, a door leading into the horse's inside stall. Walking into the building, I searched the shelves for a short moment before picking up a handful of non-stick pads and a little tub of red paste.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Payton~
i nodded and set them down in front of him and looked him over "you got beat up pretty boy" i say softly to him then watch Ami walk off, i let out a breath and let Rascal sniff my hand, i smiled small and gently pet his neck. well i think i had a job and they didnt look twice at my hair, witch most people looked down at me seeing my hair, and if people saw my tats they really didnt like me, but i wasnt a druggie or drinker, i just looked like it.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
Walking back out, I shut the door to the little building behind me, going back over to them. Pulling the scissors out of the bucket and dropping the other stuff in, I mve over to his right side. Rubbing his back and flank, I slid my hand down his leg as I crouched next to him, talking gently to him as I did. Starting at the top of the wrapping, I cut all the way down to where it ended at his hock. Pulling the cotton, vet wrap, and guaze away, I carefully take off the non-stick pads that covered the gashes in his leg. Only three of them, among the many other, minor ones, were still open. Pushing the wrappings away, I stood up, untwining some of the hose and turning it on a little, waiting for it to get colder so it wasn't not on his leg. "Can you hold him? He doesn't normally like this part," I said, waiting for the water to cool.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Payton~
i pet his neck watching Ami work on his leg, i wince a little seeing the gases on his legs "geez boy, what did oyu do?" i asked to him then nodded at her "yea sure" i yea and gently take his halter and hold his head cooing at him "thats a pretty boy, its ok, it'll be over soon" i say rubbing his neck with one hand
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I pick up the bowl of diluted Betadine and the bucket, setting the house down for a minute while I set the two by his leg. Picking up a rag, I wet it down with the hose. Running the hose down his leg for a bit, I touch the rag to one of the cuts. Immediately he lifted his leg, ears back as he tried to jerk his head up.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Payton~
i watch Ami then when he jerked his head up , i gently pull his head down "hey hey hey its ok boy" i cooed at him and rub his neck "and hey dont lay back your ears at us, your the one who picked a fight with a fence" i say with a light chuckled then looked at Ami "thats how his leg got chewed up right?" i asked to make sure i was right
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I glanced up at her and nodded. "Yeah, he undid the lock on his outside stall and jumped the fence out of the property line," I said. Once I had cleaned the cuts covering his leg, I picked up the syringe, filling it with the Betadine. Spraying it gently into the three main cuts, I dipped another rag into it and began to gently dab at the other cuts. I'd had to rip the scabs off so I could get the Betadine in and to get all the encrusted dirt and straw and such off of it. Filling up the syringe again, I used the rest to spray the main cuts. Setting it aside, I picked up the tub of the red paste stuff and applied it to the three big cuts, then ripped open the non-stick pads and held them over them. Picking up the gauze while holding the pads in place over the top cut, I begin to wrap his leg, starting at the top of his cuts all the way to the bottom. Each time I got to one of the big cuts, I would open a couple more of the non-stick packages and put them on. Picking up the scissors, I cut the gauze at the end, then took the tape. Ripping off a piece, I stuck the gauze in place, ignoring each time he lifted his hoof up, talking quietly to him all the while. Cutting off a long piece of the cotton, I wrapped it around his leg, holding it there while I got the already opened roll of vet wrap, I wrapped that around it before opening the bag of the other one. Wrapping the blue around it, I put the newer roll of vet wrap back into the bag. Even though it already sticks to itself, I tore a couple pieces of the vet tape and put it on, too.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Payton~
i nodded and pet his neck watching her work on his leg, "wow i take it you've done this before" i say watching her clean up and tape up his leg. i looked at Rascal then at Ami

(sorry its so short, theres not much to go on)
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I nodded slightly standing up. "Yeah, when I was younger one of my favorite horses liked to jump the fence and run through barbed wire. I helped Mom doctor her every day when I got home from school." I felt the familiar tightening of my chest that I always got when I talked about her; No matter how much time had and would pass since she died, it would never be the same for me. I sighed softly, the sound almost inaudible, and began picking up the garbage and dirtied bandages.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:01 am

Payton~
i nodded listening to her then seeing the same pain and hurt in her eyes for a brief second, i smailed faintly. it was kinda nice knowing someone around here went through the same pain i did. "well your om taught you well" i say softly patting Rascals cheek, i then bend down and pick up some of the trash that was by my feet, "so what else do ya got for me? im hear to work so lay it on me" i say looking at her, i wanted to work it kept my mind off of things and i forgot about the gaping hole in my heart for a little bit
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 am

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I looked up at her. "If you want, then you can put him on the hotwalk, he gets walked for half an hour each day, tie the leadrope loosely around his neck, clip him on to one of the hanging ropes that has plastic on it, which prevents them from chewing through the rope, and turn it on by the control pannel right over there, the on/off switch looks like a light switch and bring Scout out of the barn. He's got a bowed tendon and needs to have water on his leg for an hour each day. He's on the right side, there's a plaque on his stall door," I say. Picking up the rest of the bandages and stuff, I walk over to the little building. We had plastic barrels scattered all around the property for trash. Dropping the bandages and wrappings into the barrel, I walk back over to where Rascal stood to pick up the rest of the stuff.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Payton~
i nodded listening to her ok got it" i say then untie Rascal, i lean him to the hot walker, i tie the lead rope around his neck loosely then clip it to the hanging rope, "there ya go boy" i say then go turn it on, i watch him walk around for a little bit starring blankly at him, i shake my head snapping out of it, i walk back to the barn, and go to Scouts stall "hey there boy" i cooed at him slipping in to his stall, i walk to him slowly and slip on his halter, "there we go, lets go take care of your leg boy" i say walking him out slowly, i looked at Ami walking hi out of his stall slowly "so how do i water his leg for a hour?" i asked a little confused

(sorry it took so long, i was making a Bio on your site :] )
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
As she takes Rascal out of the wash rack, I start picking up the other stuff, screwing back on the lid to the tub of red paste, rinsing out the bowl. Putting the tub back into the little building, I took the rest of the stuff to the barn. Dropping the rags into the tub of dirty rags, I put the rest of the supplements back in their places, then walk out into the aisle. Seeing Payton walking Scout slowly out of his stall, I walk over to them. "He doesn't really have to walk that slow anymore; He's gotten a lot better, and it happened about a month ago. Just don't let him start prancing ahead because he's been cooped up in his stall for so long," I said, then listened to her. A small smile crept onto my lips. "Don't worry, you don't have to stand there holding the hose over his leg for an hour, I'll show you what we use in a sec," I said, walking back out of the barn and listening to Scout's hoofbeats on the concrete floor of the barn. Walking into the small building again, I search through the drawers until I find what I was looking for. Walking back out holding the thin, yellow hose-looking thing, I crouch down by the hose of the first wash rack, connected the two.

{alright, I'll look at it. I've gotta make another bio, anyway. Or a couple... Lol}
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Payton~
i looked at her listening then nodded "ok got it" i say then pat him on the neck then smiled faintly "oh ok, i was a little confused about that" i say then watch her go then start walking Scout out to where they washed the horses, "whoa boy slow down just a bit" i say as i gently pulled on the lead rope and smiled small when he walks in step with me. i stop him and looked at Ami walking to us and looked at what she had in her hands, watching her connect them then pat Scouts neck softly
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:33 pm

~Ami
"Alright boy," I say, rubbing Scout's left foreleg softly, I entwine the hose loosely around the upper part of his leg. There were small holes dotting one side of the whole thing, and I made sure those were against his leg. Turning on the water, the yellow hose connected to the main hose, the water came out of the small holes and ran down the entire length of his leg. Shifting the yellow hose slightly so that the water could get everywhere, I straightened up, rubbing his neck. "See, he just stays like this for an hour then gets taken off. It makes it much easier than having to stand here for an hour with the hose," I said with a smile, moving to his head and strokin his face gently.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Payton~
i take a step back watching her then looked at her and nodded smiling small "yea thats a lot easier " i say petting his neck then i looked at her "is there a place where i can put my backpack and take a shower?, i haven't showered seance Thursday" i say making a small face, my hair was starting to get oily, and my face as starting to break out from the old and dirt. i smiled small looking at her rubbing Scouts neck
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:34 pm

~Ami
I smile small. "Alright, I guess that means you don't have a place to stay. If you go in through the main, French doors to the house, then turn left, there'll be a staircase right there. Second floor, third door on the right, is a guest room with a bathroom," i said, leaning on Scout's neck slightly.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:48 pm

Payton~
i nodded with a faint smile "yea i dont have a place to stay for now" i say then nodded "ok thanks, i'll make it quick" i said then say a quick bye to Scout then pick my backpack up, walking to the house i look around thinking, k so i have a place to sleep at lest for a little bit and i can take a shower, i thought then open the doors and step into the house "whoa" i mumbled as i look around geez i havent seen a place like this in forever. i shake my head then walk up the stairs looking around still, slowly i open the door to the gust room and then looked around. whoa this room was the size my my living room!, i mumbled a couple words under my breath then. drop my pack kicking my shoes off, as i hop to the bathroom i take off my socks and pulled my shirt off. i looked around the bathroom and turn the water on, getting in i pull my hair out of the ponytail and then sighed as the warm water runs over my body washing off the dirt and grim
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:56 pm

~Ami
I smile small, watching her go over to the house before giving Scout one last scratch behind him ears and going over to the pastures. They were all green and well-kept, and horses grazed peacefully in most. Finally, I reached the last one, leaning against the gate. A lone, tall horse stood grazing in the middle near a group of trees, his hide the lightest shade of mahogany, his mane, tail, and legs the darkest satin of ebony. He had no markings. I whistled once, long and low, and the stallion lifted his head. He was of mixed breeds: Shagya Arab, Kiger Mustang, Spanish Barb, and English Thoroughbred. He was tall and lean, and used to be pure muscle. But now, as he began walking towards me, I could pick out the white hairs spreading across his knees, legs, face, and back. Basically, everywhere. I smiled as he reached the gate, pulling a bag of mints out of my pocket and offering him one, He lipped it gently off my palm and shook his head up and down as if in thanks and agreement with the flavor. I laughed, slipping into his stall and leaning against his broad yet slim shoulders. My eyes slipped shut and a sigh escaped my lips as I stroked Little Boy's neck.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Payton~
i sighed standing under the warm water letting it wash away the dirt,grim, and a little of the hurt. i soap up quickly then rise the soap out of my hair and body then turn the water off and get out, i reach for a towel, wrapping in around me i looked in the mirror and smiled small at myself, "see you look better clean P" i say to myself then dry off then looked around the bathroom, i pick up my dirty cloths, walking back into my new room i dig through my backpack pulling out a clean pair of jeans and a tan top, yawning i get dresses then comb my wet hair. i pulled my shoes back on and then walk back down the stairs, my heart in chains tat showing now, but i really didnt care because i saw Ami had a couple cool ones. i smiled to myself walking back outside
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:25 pm

~Ami
I sigh softly again, biting my lower lip. LB nudged at my back, almost pushing me over, and I laughed lightly. "You little pig, you only want more treats!" I scolded softly, and he snorted back as if to protest, which only made me laugh more, though sadder. "I miss her, LB," I whispered quietly into his mane. He had been my very first project horse; Mom had gotten him for me at an auction during fair time. He had been skinny as heck, sores covering his entire body, his mane and tail almost nothing, and he had despised everyone, standing at the back of his stall. Now look at him! He had been seven when I got him, I had been eleven. Now I was 19, and he was fifteen. Perhaps he would have been healthier at such a young age in his Life if he had gotten better treatment and care when he was younger.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Payton~
i walk out my wet hair down as i look around i bit my lip thinking, i shake my head and start walking around looking at everything, memorizing everything. so if i got into trouble i could find somewhere to hide. i walk to a tree that was perfect to climb, i smiled small and pull myself up into it, i climb to the top and sighed sadly as i look around from the view i had "Bennie, i screwed up..i tried to be a hero and screwed up, now im hiding and i could get everyone here into trouble" i say to the Sky and sniffled " i miss you Bennie" i whispered then closed my eye stop the tears
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next