Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horse Whisperer's Abode

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Horse Whisperer's Abode - Page 2 Empty Re: The Horse Whisperer's Abode

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Payton~
i brush Johnny humming softly to keep him calm, i looked over at Jared and nodded "yea kinda" i say then slip past him to brush Johnny's other side, "why?" i asked glancing at him then back to the horse , my hair was in my in my eyes again but i didnt want to move to much.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Jared
I shrug. "We need to excericise one of the other horses today, as well, if you want," I said.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Payton~
i looked over at him and flashed him a full smile "cool, you mean you'll let me?" i asked a little surprised that they where letting a girl that looked like a druggie tramp help them out, but like i wasnt either of those
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:33 pm

I shrugged. "As long as you know what you're doing and how not to get thrown in the first ten minutes," I said with a lopsided grin.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Payton~
i smiled small and look at him "i know what im doing, and even if i get thrown off i would get back on" i say matter of factly with a slightly smirk
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:51 pm

I rolled my eyes. "Just ask Kristy: You don't have time to get back on if you crack your head wide open," I said. Walking into the barn, I grab Ranger's leadrope and halter, disappearing around the side of the barn. A few minutes later I reappeared leading a big, dark chestnut gelding that looked a little like Seamus but with a messed up upper lip. "Shh, don't tell him his nose is ugly, he doesn't know it yet," I whispered loudly to her, tying him to the rail on teh other side of the barn door.

{this is Seamus, Ranger (my mom's mount XD) looks a lot like him: http://xxshadowolfheartxx.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2gjetu His upper lip was messed up when he was younger, but he doesn't know it at all}
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Payton~
i laughed lightly and nodded "well yea" i say then watch him go, i shake my head and go back to brushing Johnny humming a song, i finely finish brushing him and smiled to myself "good job P" i mumbled to myself then looked around thinking about what to do with him. i then looked over and see Jared walking over with a beautiful dark chestnut stallion, i looked at his nose and then laughed lightly at what Jared said "i wont tell him" i say back softly and watched him "where dose Johnny go?"
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:21 pm

I smiled small. "Good. Johnny will be going in the roundpen so he gets some exercise today. I'll go get Ranger's tack and grooming kit, then I've got to go take care of Ozzie, Rascal, and Scout," I said, picking up Johnny's grooming kit. "I'll take him in a minute." I walked back into the barn, setting Johnny's kit down in the second tack room and grabbing Ranger's. Bringing it out to her, I set it down by Ranger then walk over to Johnny slowly, untying his leadrope.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Payton~
i nodded and watch him then move over to Ranger and pick up a brush and start brushing him, "so your going to have to go easy on me today boy, i havent ridden for a while" i say brushing him then chew my bottom lip thinking. i shake of the thought, then stand on tiptoes to get his back brushed "geez i feel short right now" i mumbled to myself and blow my bangs out of my face
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:51 pm

I smiled slyly. "Yeah, he does that to almost everyone; He's 16.1 hands," I said with a shrug. Picking up Johnny's leadrope, I began walking him past the barn and hotwalk to the roundpen. Untying the gate, I pulled it open and led Johnny in, spinning him around. Undoing the buckles on his halters, he reared up playfully, dancing away before galloping and bucking across the pen, nearly running headfirst into the fence as I stepped out of the roundpen and shut the gate behind me.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Payton~
i nodded "yea, i bet" i say still brushing him, and humming to myself, i after a little bit i take a step back and smiled to myself "not bad P" i mumbled then put everything back into the grooming kit. "ill be back boy" i say to Ranger then walk to where i saw Jared come out with the kit, i walk in and put the grooming kit down by the others then looked around for a bridle, i finely find one this i thought was Rangers and walk back out to him. "sorry it took so long boy, i had to find where it was" i say then slid the bridle on then quickly unbuckle his halter and then chewed my lip. thinking, the best way i knew how to ride was bareback, the stable that i worked at said that was the best way, so thats how i learned how, but would they freak out on me if i rode him bareback?
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:50 pm

I put Johnny's halter down by the gate, turning to come back from putting him in the roundpen, seeing her put the bridle on Ranger. "Good, you found the right one. It shouldn't have been hard; It's got a nameplate hanging next to it and on it. Though normally we put the bridle on at the arena then take it off right when we get off, and we also put the saddle on first. Just so the horse doesn't have the bit in any longer than he or she needs it to be," I said with a shrug.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Payton~
i whirl around hearing Jared, i looked at him listening "yea it wasnt hard" i say then nodded "oh right" i say quickly "but i uhh all i know how to ride is bareback" i say with a small smiled "i know it sounds weird and all but at the stable that i worked at thats how they did things soo..." i trail off then lead Ranger over to a fence "steady boy" i mumbled then climb then fence then get on his back, "see? i promise i wont fall" i say glancing at Jared petting Rangers neck

(so is this like the heartland books?)
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 pm

{I was thinking a bit about that when I started writing this one thing for an English paper I had to do, but I made another, much shorter copy of it for a post. It sorta is, but more with my own touch to it XD}

I arched my eyebrows, watching her walk Ranger off. Rolling my eyes slightly, I held up a hand for her to wait, then walked into the tack room and pulling out a plain black helmet. Adjusting the straps a bit to what I think might fit her, I walk up to her and hand her the helmet. "Then put this on, because he has a habit of bucking every so often when you start to canter, which he sometimes does quite well to test whoever's on him, and with his slippery back, it's a long, long way to the ground on a 16-point-something hands high horse."
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:46 pm

(ahhhh i see, cool :] )

Payton~
i leaned down and take the helmet "thanks" i mumbled then put it on my lap then pull my ponytail out and make a lose one at the base of my neck, i grumbled under my breath as i pulled the helmet on, i looked at him and nodded "fine, but its not hard to tel when he'll buck, you can feel his mussels tense up and riding him is like sitting on a rocking chair" i say then pat his neck "so is there a trail you want me to take?" i asked looking down at him with a slight smile
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:11 pm

{haha, yeah, and are you gonna reply to Anna?}

I arch my eyebrows at her. Was she trying to show off or something by saying she could ride even though she had never used a saddle? "You'd be surprised, he's like Justice; His bucks come out of nowhere without any warning," I said, my tone a little sour. "And of course you aren't going out on a trail, just follow the road to the arena. It goes around the left side of the barn. You'll see the hotwalk, then right by it the roundpen, then right by that the arena," I said. "Kristy'll be riding in there, too. And don't go any faster than a walk until you gone right by the fence of the arena at least twice going both ways. We just put in a new haybarn at the end of it, and there are large mirrors that have covers on them scattered around the arena, as well, for whenever we have a training class. He isn't that used to the haybaarn yet, and a lot of horses are really skittish when they first come out of their stalls. And next time, you also shouldn't get on the horse until you're in the arena, cause he can jump most of these fences, and Ami doesn't normally like having to chase after a horse because it's almost always the rider's fault for doing something stupid or not paying attention. If you do end up working here, then you're gonna need to learn how to ride English and Western, as well," I said.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:21 pm

(oh yea , i had to help mom out, sorry)

Payton~
i looked at him and catch the vibe that he thought i was showing off, yea as if! showing off is how you got killed in the world i lived so i wasnt one to show off. i listen to him and nodded "ok right sorry, you could have told me this before i got on the horse" i say then pat Rangers neck "ok i got it, be careful and watch what your doing, got it" i say then slide off of Ranger "happy now?" i asked in a snippy tone then start leading him out of the barn to the arena, i mumbled under my breath, yea i was snippy with him but he had it coming
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:57 pm

My eyes narrowed considerably at her. "I would have if you hadn't just strutted over to the fence and hopped right on as if you owned RD," I snarled. As she turned to leave, I suddenly stepped forward and grabbed the arm that wasn't holding the reins, not wanting to jerk at the horse's mouth. If looks could kill, she'd be lying on the ground, along with 99% of all people in the world. The edges of my mouth were tipped downward in a scowl as I glowered at her. "No, I'm not. You're acting just like an arrogant showrider who doesn't care about their horse. If you're just gonna act like this, then you mineaswell put Ranger back in his stall so that he can go back to pigging out on the food he has 24/7, and you can also leave and forget about the job," I said, my voice snarling in rage as my serious brown eyes glared hatefully down at her. Just about then, I heard the hoofbeats of a pair of horses coming up the drive, but didn't look away from Payton. Normally I was a pretty cool, kind, funny, and laid-back sorta guy, but something about the way this girl talked really ticked me off-who did she think she was, anyway?
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Payton~
i hear him as i lead Ranger away and rolled my eyes, then feeling him grab my arm i whirl around instantly snapping into street survival mode, i snared up at him. god i hated being shorter then him!, i keep holding onto the rains with on hand, keeping then slack so i wouldnt jerk Rangers head. "im not being a arrogant showrider, i havent even dont anything mean to you!" i snapped back at him, my grey eyes glaring up at him with a deadly glint in them, "im not trying to show off or anything, i was just trying to show you that i know a little bit about what im doing around horse" i say in a even tone, "and let go of my arm now" i say in a low deadly tone, hearing the hoof beats i ignore them, keeping my glaring grey eyes one Jared, what the hell was is probable? i havent even acted mean to him!
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:51 pm

I scowled angrily. "You know, I don't think you actually do know what you're doing, and you may not have done anything physical to me, but the way you're talking makes you look like a spoiled child, so give me the reins," I snarled as the hoofbeats got louder, my eyes throwing iced-over daggers at her.

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
Spartan tossed his head and I caught the sound of raised voices. Thinking it was probably Jared and Kristy arguing over the training technique of one of the horses again, I urged Spartan into a trot, looking over at Ty. He shrugged and jogged Red beside Spartan. We rounded the corner of the barn, slowing the horses simultaneously to a walk. I arched my eyebrows, mouth opened slightly as I looked at them. opping down smoothly from Spartan's back, Ty took his reins and I walked slowly over to them, not going fast so as not to scare Ranger, who was already tossing his head slightly, agitated by the shouts. "Wha- Who are you?" I asked, my tone a little wary as I looked at the girl, talking quietly to Ranger to soothe him.

{Oh my gosh, I just realized that her name is the same as the girl's in the book, only spelled differently, and so is Ty's XD I got Ty's name from my friend Tyler who everyone called Ty, and Ami from a friend of my friend's XD haha...}
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Payton~
i snared up at him my eyes shooting daggers into his when he said i was acting like a spoiled, "how am i acting like a spoiled kid? all i didnt was say i know how to ride bareback only!" i snapped at him, he was really starting to tick me off. i feeling Rangers rains slip out of my hand i turn to see how did ready to scream take a number but then stop short seeing it was, i think the boss. i then groaned great P you just started a fight in front of the boss, who know is going to think of oyu as some ass. i grumbled to myself then looked at her "im Payton" i say softly my eyes going blank again, i was so screwed with theis job
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I arched an eyebrow, looking from Jared, who was glaring in simmering rage at Payton, then back to her. "Wha, what are you doing here?" I asked, my voice still soft as I took Ranger's reins, stroking his neck gently.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Payton~
i sighed and looked over at Ranger , shit i got him worked up, i kick myself in the butt mentally for doing that, . then looked at Ami ignoring the glare that Jared was still giving me "well, i was kinda hopin to get a job" i say softly looking at her, i shoved my hands back into my pockets. i screwed up and i knew it, but i really need a job and a place to stay that was safer then my little apartment.

(haha nice! yea those were some of my fav books when i was littler :] )
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 pm

{haha, yeah, we went on a trip to visit my aunt in Montana, and my mom bought me the first three books in one and the next three both in their each volume. Then whenever we stopped at a store or something we would buy the next books in the series that we could find}

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I look at her questionly. "What were you both even fighting about?" I asked, looking at them both. "And when did you get here?" I glanced over at Ty to see him leading Spartan and Red over to the hitching rail, nodding a slight thanks to him. He shrugged and took their bridles off, hanging them over the saddle racks in the aisle of the barn.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Payton~
i let out a small breath and looked at her with blank grey eyes "eh i walk here and i've been here for about a half hour now" i say then sighed and glanced at Jared out of the corner of my eyes "i said one wrong thing to him and he blew it out of portion" i say simply witch he did i was really listening to him and i meant it when i said i was sorry, but no he thought i was some spoiled bi*ch.. i shake my head at the thought then tighten my low ponytail, my blue,green bangs hanging in my face

(nice! i start with number 6 then read on from there, then i finelt got the first ones, there good books, not to much dram but enough to keep you wanting more)
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next