Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horse Whisperer's Abode

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Horse Whisperer's Abode - Page 3 Empty Re: The Horse Whisperer's Abode

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Jared
I scowled. "Then maybe you shouldn't talk like you own the farm and just hop right on as if he's your's," I say, my voice low and angry as I turned and walked slowly over to Ty, calming down slightly as I helped loosen and undo the saddles.

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I frowned slightly. "It looked as if you were both yelling," I said quietly, leading Ranger to the other hitching rail and leaning against him, biting my lip.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Payton~
i ignore Jared, i could care less about what he thinks of me right now, i listen to her and sighed letting my head hang a little "yea...look im really sorry, i shouldnt have yelled especially when Ranger was right beside me" i say then looked at her "but i promise that wont happen again, if i get the job, or i guess it wont happen again either if i dont get it" i say with a shrug, please please let me have a job, im so screwed and in big trouble as it is, i need a safe job, nobody from the city knows im way out here so this would be perfect
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I look at her thoughtfully for a minute, then shrug. Maybe... I thought to myself. Well, I could defiently relate to how she felt about being alone. "Grab a very small, very soft minibrush from the tack room and go groom the horse in the first stall on the right, right after the grain room. Don't bother taking him out, he'll be fine in there," I said, patting Ranger's neck. The horse in that stall was a little colt whose mother had died shortly after birth, being far too old for her body to support itself. The colt was a grey, with a dark head, mane tail, and legs a very, very light grulla, and he needed constant attention. "You're probably getting sick of being in a stall, maybe I'll put you out in the pasture with Duke," I whispered to Ranger, stroking him softly as I undid the straps on his bridle, slipping the halter on over his ears.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Payton~
i listen to her and flashed her a real smile "sweet thank oyu so much" i say then nodded "small very soft brush got it" i say then walk into the tack room, i looked around blowing my bangs out of my face then i finely find the brush, "took you long enough P" i mumbled to myself then walk out and to the stall she told me go to, she was giving me a chance! hey i was happy at this point not even Jared could ruin it, i thought then broke in to a smiled seeing the little colt "hey there little guy" i said softly as i slip into the stall, i walk slowly over to him, letting him small my one hand i gently pet his neck and back "your a pretty little guy arent you" i cooed at him as i gently brush him
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I hang the bridle up next to Spartan's and Red's, before returning to Ranger and running a body brush over his sleek, dark chestnut hide. I see Payton walk over to the little colt's stall, walking over to Jared and taking the light weight English saddle from his arms. Arching my eyebrows, he shrugged. I shrugged back; I knew how defensive he got when it came to the horses. His parents were both marines, and that's what he had grown up with his whole Life. That's where he got his temper. Walking back into the barn, I slid the saddle onto the rack that was attached to the wall. There were three in a row, each with a hook above them for the bridles.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Payton~
i gently brush the colt talking to him in a low tone "well little guy she gave me a chance, now the thing is i cant screw this up, i need the money and a place to stay for a while" i say then sighed softly "im in so much trouble back in the city but not with the cops or anything like that, its worse" i said then scratch him gently behind the ear and giggled softly when he butted me with his small muzzle "you and me are a lot alike, you lost you mom, i think and i lost my parents too, but if i can stay, i'll watch you" i whispered to him so no one could hear me, i wasnt trying to take over or anything but i just knew what it was like to be alone and he was really cute and i could take care of him....if she let me that is
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I pulled a hoofpick out of Spartan's grooming kit, turning to Jared. "Hey, can you put Ranger out in the third pasture from the right, the one with Duke in it? He's been in his stall for a few weeks. And did you guys ever spend some time with Johnny today?" I asked. He nodded an oky, untying Ranger's leadrope. "Yeah, he's in the roundpen," he said. I nodded and he began to lead Ranger to the pastures as I picked up Spartan's left fore, looking for any rocks that he might have picked up.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Payton~
i finish brushing him but i didnt want to leave him yet, so i sat down in the sawdust and smiled softly when he laid down laying his head in my lap. i gently stroke his forehead and cheek "your going to be a looker when you get older" i say softly to him then lean my head back against the wall to think. so i just need to lay low for about a year give or take a few, i let out a breath and stare blankly at the other wall "so P now what? if you get the job great but then what? you;d being putting the people here in danger, if Victor or any of his guys find you, yes i knew this but i dont have a better plan right now" i grumbled to myself petting his forehead, i would have to get up soon and tell Ami that i was done
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I straightened after checking all his hooves, tossing the hoofpick down. "Jeez, boy, I know you trust me and all, but do you have to weigh so much when you lean all your weight against me?" I grumbled jokingly, picking up a soft rag to brush down his legs. Ty looked over Red's back and smirked at me. "What's he supposed to do, suddenly sprout wings and lift himself off the ground so he doesn't have to lean on you?" he asked teasingly. I smirked, then pretended to think really hard. "Gee, how's that supposed to work? He wears nearly a ton! Literally! Maybe more, with his hay belly!" I smiled. "Though, that'd be nice. Think you can do that, Spartan?" I asked innocently, and Ty started chuckling. Spartan suddenly tossed his head up into the air, up and down at the flies, sending us both in an unstoppable round of laughter. "Uh huh, I'd love to see you try!" I said, and Ty and I started laughing all the harder.

Last edited by TheLastWish on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Payton~
i looked down at the colt and smiled softly seeing him fast asleep, i gently slid out from under him and-stand up, slipping out of the stall silently, i go looking for Ami, my eyes go back to being blank and dull which wasnt hard when you had grey eyes.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:37 pm

{I didn't mean to send the last post at first, so I edited it}

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
Finishing laughing and brushing him, I put the rag back down in the kit, picking up the bristle brush instead and starting to brush his body now. I see Payton come out of the barn and smile small without opening my mouth. "Well?" I ask. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Ty holding back a laugh. Picking up the rag again, I threw it at him. It hit him square in the face and he grabbed it as it started to fall, scowling teasingly at me. I shrugged, continuing brushing Spartan and looking at Payton for her answer.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:47 pm

(cool with me)

Payton~
i walk to where i heard voices then stop watching them with a faint smile on my face, they looked great together, like the way best friends would act around each other, i though then looked at her, then stops from answering when she threw a rag at the guys face, i stop from laughing and looked at her "well hes adorable and nice and clean, and sound asleep" i say with a small smile and my eyes lit up a little talking about the little cold
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I smile small. He's a really good little pony-horse, we've been looking for a name for him but haven't come up with anything yet; We want to wait and see what he acts like before we name him," I said, moving to Spartan's other side.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Payton~
i listen to her and nodded smiling small "right, well i was callin him Little Guy" i say with a shrug, "so is there anything else you want me to do?" i asked then blow my bangs out of my face
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I shrug. "It's still early, we don't give the night feeding until three, and the stalls are all already cleaned. If you want, then you can help tend to some of the horses," I said, tossing the brush into the kit.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Payton~
i looked at her with a small hopeful smile "dose this mean i get the job?" i asked then nodded "yea sure, whatever you need me to do" i say my hands in my pockets
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I arch my eyebrows slightly. "Let's call it trying out for a bit before I actually decide," I said. "You'll get paid for helping out and everything, but you won't actually have the job until I know how to get around a stall without being kicked," I said.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Payton~
i nodded listening her her and smiled faintly "ok thats cool with me" i said then looking around then at her "so what else do you want me to do?" i asked wanting to do something, beside just standing here.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I shrug. "Let me put Spartan away, looks like Jared's got Johnny, and then I'll bring out Rascal," I said. Rascal was yet another chestnut (it was almost as if we'd had a color code until a few years ago when I started going to auctions and rescuing horses again), a gelding who had run through barbed wire and cut up his right hind leg. We had already treated horses with barbed wire cuts; When I was younger, I had a horse named Patches who liked to jump her fence and run around town. She had run through barbed wire twice before she quit jumping out of her pasture all the time.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Payton~
i nodded "ok" i say simply then looked around, memorizing the stable, if anything happened it would be good to know where everything was. i let out a small breath as my eyes cloud over with thought, Victor was looking for me but in the city, he dosent know that im in the middle of nowhere, so i was safe for now, but what about everyone here? if he sent some of his boys over i could be them all killed, and the horses.. i shake my head getting that thought out of my mind "that wont happen" i mumbled under my breath to myself
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
Untying Spartan's lead rope, I glance at her. "What won't happen?" I ask as Ty began to lead Red into the barn.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Payton~
my head snapped up and i looked at her "huh? oh nothing, i was just talkin to myself" i say with a small smile hoping she would buy it, if they found out what was happening in my life, she most likely wouldnt let me have the job.
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
I arch my eyebrows but don't comment as I begin leading Spartan away. Rounding the corner of the barn, I open the stall door on the end, leading him in. Spartan snorted and tossed his head, pawing at the newly laid sand. "Hey, hey, I know you don't like your stall, but don't go digging holes again," I scolded him gently, undoing the straps of his halter. Redoing the straps together once it was off him, I slung it over my shoulder, wrapping the leadrope loosely around it and exiting the stall, redoing the lock shut. Leaning against the rails, I rub his shining ebony shoulder as he stepped forward and buried his head in his feeder. "You little pig!" I teased, laughing softly. "I wonder what's up with Payton..?" I say quietly. He lifted his head and flicked his ears. Sighing, I rub him behind his ears before making my way back to the barn, grabbing his grooming kit. Hanging up the halter on the line of pegs outside the tackroom, where about thirty others hung, I walk into the first tackroom and slide the kit onto one of the shelves on the metal bookcase that we had dragged in. Walking back out, I slung the bridle over my shoulder, picking up the saddle, turning around and bumping into Ty as I turned. He arched his eyebrows for a moment, reaching across me to pick up Red's bridle from the hook and walking beside me to the tackroom. "Are you going to consider letting her work here?" he asked quietly so only I could hear as I slid the saddle onto the correct rack for it, then placed the pad upside down on top of it. I did all this slowly before answering him, and he looked at me impatiently. "Maybe," I said. He shrugged. "Well, I already know what you'd do if she actually does turn out to be a druggie," he said as I hung the bridle up on the peg beside the saddle. I nodded and he disappeared into the hallway, turning down to walk down the corridor towards the other end.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveOnHerArms Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Payton~
i looked at her and let out a small breath, seeing that she wasnt going to ask any more questions right now. watching her go i stand there feeling a little awkward and out of place. oh my backpack! is was still outside in front of the barn. i walk out to get it and kneel down in front of it and start digging through it, new pre-paid phone, cloths,a couple meal bars,my text books and down at the bottom was a picture of me, a boy a year or so older and a little girl that was in my arms, i softly run my hand over the picture letting out a breath, "stop it P it just makes it worse" i mumbled to myself shoving it back to the bottom, i stand up and swing my backpack over my shoulder looking around the yard again thinking
LoveOnHerArms
LoveOnHerArms
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Ami
Going back out into the hallway, I search the racks on the wall with the halters on them. Finding the one I wanted, I picked it up. Looking over at Payton for a moment, I turned and walked down the hallway. Most of the horses in this barn were the ones that needed extra attention; The corresponding stalls on the outside were empty, and they would be until the horses in here were allowed out. There was the foal, orphaned at birth. Ozzie, who had scratched his eyeball, and the meds he needed made it so he couldn't have sunlight shining in his eyes and wore a flymask. Rascal, who had run through barbed wire. Scott, who had bowed his tendon running through deep sand in the beach yet looked like he would make close to a full recovery. Then Red, who would fence-fight with the other horses and usually was in the barn or a pasture. And Johnny, who was too shy outside of the barn to be able to not injure himself. Stopping at 9th stall on the left, I unlocked the door and stepped in. "Hey, there, boy. How's your leg today?" I asked softly. Rascal snorted at me, his chestnut coat gleaming healthily, the hot pink vet wrap on his leg standing out vividly. Walking slowly over to him, I slid the halter on over his ears, buckling it up. Clucking to him, I opened the stall door all the way and led him out. The sound of his shod hooves echoed on the concrete barn floor. Outside, I tied him loosely to the railing, going into the first room on the right just inside of the barn. Going into the medicine cabinet, I found a plastic bowl, filling it with warm water from the sink. Picking up a bucket, I tossed in three clean rags, a roll of gauze, a half-used-up roll of the hot pink vet wrap and one of clear blue, the roll of cotton wrap, scissors, and cotton swabs. Vet wrap came in wide assortments of colors. Picking up the clear bottle of Betadine, I poured a bit into the water, distorting it so it wouldn't sting as much but would do the same job. Mixing it up, I found the plastic, clear syringe and put it in the bucket as well. Picking up the bucket and the bowl, I walked back out of the barn, setting them both down by the railing. "All right, boy, let's get this bright pink off of you," I said, rubbing his nose.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next