Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Won't Break [R] [JunKy]

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I Won't Break [R] [JunKy] - Page 2 Empty Re: I Won't Break [R] [JunKy]

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Elora opened her mouth to protest Shay going without a helmet, but the woman was already down the ramp before she could even make a sound. Watching with an anxiousness, Lora gnawed at her bottom lip, but, she had to admit, the woman's skills were impressive. The fact that the girl seemed to know what she was doing eased Elora's nerves. She threw a glance at Kayden as he spoke again, responding with, "She's a bad ass, then, isn't she? Between the skipping school, boarding, and biking?" And I spend a majority of my time sitting up in my room, reading a book, and wondering why I don't have a social life. She sighed through her nose, lips pursed, and redirected her attention to Shay.

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Kayden smiled, "You ain't kidding. But outside of all that, she spends a lot of time at home with Nisha. The two have been best friends since they were 7." Kayden replied, watching as Shay carelessly did tricks, and kickflips. Shay came back up to where Kayden and Elora was, moving her hair out of her face, and smirking. "Alright Kay, your turn," Shay growled, gesturing her head towards the skatepark. Kayden nodded, and grabbed his board, riding down the half pipe. Shay sighed and sat down beside Elora, watching as Kayden did a few tricks. "So.." Shay said awkwardly, rotating her head to look at Elora, fixing her nose piercing a bit. "Do you skateboard or anything?" She asked.

(I love this topic omg. cx)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:53 pm

[yeyeye. c:]

The anxiousness was quick to return when Kayden took over the board, leaving Shay and her to sit idly and try to muster up some conversation. Elora's eyes fell to her lap, and her leg began to bounce as her mind scrambled for something to say. She couldn't just sit there and not say anything, could she? Luckily enough, Shay took the initiative of breaking the ice. "Well," Elora started, inhaling and exhaling, then stealing a glance at Shay, "No. But I play some guitar." She threw a nervous smile at Shay.

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Shay waited for the girl to answer, and once she did, the raven haired girl nodded. "Nisha taught me how to play guitar, and later on I taught myself how to play the drums," she replied, looking up at the sky, her blue eyes scanning the horizon, and white clouds. Shay looked back at Elora, meeting her glassy brown eyes with her own blue orbs. "My brother taught me a bit of guitar before he died, but Nisha perfected the whole teaching thing." She added. Shay hadn't thought about her brother, Levi, in a long time. She chose to block out the thought, because she knew that her mind would travel to the day she watched him die.

(Shay is kinda complex.. cx)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:55 am

Elora's once nervous expression dissolved into softness, and before she could truly respond, her arms were already wound around Shay. Her own brashness surprised her, yet she didn't move an inch. "I'm.. sorry about your brother, Shay," she murmured. Elora remained hugging the girl a moment longer before she released her, her eyes searching the girl's. "Losing someone is difficult, to say the least," she said quietly.

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Shay tensed up when Elora hugged her, not used to such gentle contact from people, or really much affection at all, except from Nisha. Even then Shay was never used to it. She looked away for a moment, sighing softly. "It's alright, I guess," she replied, then looked over at the girl, meeting her gaze steadily. Shay let out an air laugh through her nose. "People come and go. I've taught myself to live with it," she replied, a hint of coldness in her tone.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Elora's gaze dropped to the ground, her lips pressing together as she processed the girl's words. A part of her wanted to console Shay, say everything's okay, yet the other side found truth in what she'd said - it's the circle of life; people are born, people pass away. An easy concept to grasp, though it's harder to accept when it's someone you care for. Fingers fidgeting in her lap, she returned her full attention to Shay, anxiety building in her throat with what she was going to say next. "Life's fucked up sometimes," she admitted, "But... there's a lot of great things to live for. Even just tiny things, y'know? Like..." She glance around, then, catching an idea, broke into a smile. "Like skipping school to head to Starbucks, for example. Or skateboarding. Or getting really caught up in a book, wrapping up in a blanket on a cold day, making other people smile..." Realizing she was rambling, her cheeks reddened to a complete scarlet, and she shook her head. "Sorry."

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Shay's blue eyes gazed into space as she thought about her brother, thinking about the last thing she said to him, the last thing he said to her. Shay was ripped away from her train of thought when Elora spoke, and turned her attention back to meet her eyes, searching them. She has really pretty eyes, Shay thought, but quickly shoved it away, putting on a little smirk. "Skateboarding sure has become a big part of my life," she murmured, moving her hair back out of her face. When Elora apologized, she shook her head, laughing softly. "You aren't the only one that rants and rambles. Believe me, I know," Shay replied, actually smiling a full smile, one that was true to the heart. He dimples were at their fullest, as she looked down at her skateboard. "I'm not much of a reader. More of a gamer."

(Shay x Elora. :333333333333)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Elora smile transformed into something akin to tenderness. Those dimples... Stopping her mind in its tracks, she inhaled slowly and averted her gaze - she shouldn't be thinking this way about a girl she just met, it was too soon. Way too soon. She switched her mind onto a new and far less personal subject of video games, memories of trying her hardest not to curse at the screen or break the controller flooding back in a somewhat humorous wave. Her smile came back. "What kind of music do you play? It'd be nice to..." Her words drifted away, though she was quick to pick them back up again. "Maybe play with someone sometime?"

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Shay tilted her head, thinking about it for a minute. She didn't play much music, she more so listened to it, and let the emotions floor through her, much like a tidal wave. "Well," Shay muttered, then turned back to look at Elora, shrugging softly. "Sometimes I just play whatever I feel at the time. I listen to a lot of bands. Mostly Hedley, Green Day, Mariana's Trench. The usual stuff." She told her, trying her best not to ramble on herself. Shay pulled out her iPhone when it vibrating, wondering who would text her at this time. But instead of expecting a text, Nisha was calling her. She answered it. "Sup, loser?" Shay greeted. "Shay! I'm not going to be home tonight, so when we see each other next, I'm giving you the keys to our place." Nisha yelled through the phone. "Nish, all you need is a paper clip. And why are you telling me now instead of after school?" Shay questioned. "There was no time! Anyway, I gotta go, later!" Nisha replied, then hung up. Shay rolled her eyes, and put her phone back in her pocket. Shay glanced over at Elora, "sorry."
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Elora nodded, smiling a tad at Shay's choice of music, watching a moment as the girl fished her phone from her pocket and then, not wanting to pry, forced her eyes to the ground. Her eyes followed the tips of her shoes as they knocked together while Shay spoke. When the call ended and Shay apologized, Elora gave a shake to her head and waved a quick hand in dismissal. "Oh, no worries." Running a slim hand through her hair, her head tilted to the side and she looked at the park in front of her. "I don't mean to pry, and sorry if I am, but," she muttered, swallowed, then mustered up enough courage to look the girl in the eye, "Are you okay? That call kind of seemed to irritate you."

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Shay shook her head and sighed, meeting Elora's dark brown eyes steadily. "No, my friend Nisha is just going out again tonight, and she always rambles on when telling me," she replied, smiling softly. "She's probably met a guy or something." Shay laughed, running a hand through her black hair, and glanced over at Kayden, who had sat beside her. "Can you chill at my place tonight? Nisha's going out." She asked, quirking an eyebrow. Kayden shook his head, "I can't. My mom needs help tonight." He glanced at Shay, then at Elora, smirking softly. He nudged Shay, and she took the hint, rolling her eyes, then turned her attention back to the girl. "Do you want to come over tonight?" Shay asked.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:57 am

Elora swore her heart skipped a beat. "I, um," she said, managing a nervous chuckle before smiling, shaking her head at her own foolishness, "I'll have to ask my mom, but sure." She tried to keep her smile from exceeding anything beyond just a casual grin, but inside, her emotions were going wild -- which could be in part by both teenage hormones and the fact Shay invited her to spend the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:44 am

Shay chuckled, and shook her head. "Well, it is Friday," she laughed lightly, trying to keep her usual lopsided smirk from going into anything bigger. Why was she suddenly happy that Elora might be coming over? Shay thought nothing of it, and turned to look at Elora when she spoke again, shrugging softly. "Here, let me see your arm," she said, and shuffled a bit closer to the girl, taking her arm. Shay rummaged around in her bag until she found a pen, and wrote her address on Elora's arm -- 4761 Denver Avenue. Shay released Elora's arm, but didn't move away.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:58 pm

As the girl touched her arm, Elora's breathing seized, watching as the girl scribbled down her address onto her skin with a Sharpie. The writing was so dark in contrast to her arm, and it hadn't lifted her spirits any to realize that her skin was only a few shades away from being the color of paper. Shay released her arm, though she stayed close enough to Elora to make her heart drum in her chest and her palms sweat. Hoping to distract herself, she dug around in her pocket for her phone and checked the time - 3:32, which meant school had already ended. She slipped her phone back into her pocket and shot the other two a smile. "So, I'll see you later, Shay?"

[Time skip to Elora getting to Shay's house?]

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:09 pm

(Yeah, sure. XD)

Shay's heart pace had increased, and for some odd reason, she felt nervous. Shay didn't know why, but she played it cool. She compared her skin to Elora's, her own skin only slightly paler than the girl's. Shay turned her head to meet Elora's gaze when she spoke, nodding her head. "Yeah. Around 5pm, I guess." She replied, holding her gaze for a heartbeat longer, then standing up. "Later, ya' loser." Shay jeered to Kayden, before grabbing her skateboard, and ripping down the sidewalk, on her way to her house.

---

It was almost 5, and Shay got some chips and pop from the cupboard. She had root beer, coke, and sprite. The raven haired girl sat down on the couch, and cracked open a bottle of root beer, taking a large sip. Root beer was her absolute favorite drink. Shay sighed and looked around, unfamiliar with Nisha being gone for a whole night. But at least Elora was going to be here, and Shay smiled softly, her deep blue eyes glancing down at her shoes.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Somehow, Elora's mom had been just fine with her spending the night at Shay's, although her mom hadn't met her parents, or even her for that matter. Elora couldn't complain, though; she was gonna spend some time with Shay, and hell, that was more than enough to be happy about. She couldn't keep this goofy grin off her face when she was strolling up to Shay's front door, guitar slung over her shoulder and an overnight bag in hand. Luckily, the walk from her own house to here hadn't been too far. Inhaling deeply, she thumped a couple knocks on the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Shay had almost drifted off to sleep when there was a loud knock at her door, and couldn't help but smile, her own excitement Elora was staying over getting the best of her. Shay shook it off, and got off the couch, picking up her root beer and strolling down the little hallway, and towards the front door. She unlocked the door, and opened it, revealing the girl. Shay moved a strand of hair out of her face and put on a little smile, meeting Elora's gaze. "Hey," she greeted, moving out of the way to let Elora in.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:25 pm

(I swear, I'm gonna start shipping these two so hard very soon. xD)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:36 pm

[Haha!]

"Hey." She couldn't help it - her attempt at casualness crumbled to the ground as her lips stretched into a full-blown grin. Elora moved her way around Shay to enter the house, her shoulders lifting with a breath in and her fingers fiddling with the strap of her overnight back absently. Turning her head to look at the girl, she caught a glimpse of something that particularly latched onto her attention. "Rootbeer, hmm?" she asked, raising her brows, then grinning wider, if that was at all possible. "Could I have a little? Please?"

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:42 pm

When Elora grinned, Shay swore she felt her heart skip a beat, and she couldn't help but smile a little too, but kept it casual. When the girl entered, Shay closed to door behind them, and walked back into the living room, and turned to look at Elora, pondering about that question. She sat down on the couch, and grabbed a root beer, passing it to her. Shay's fingers brushed Elora's accidentally, but Shay took no notice of it, and chuckled softly. "Nisha is usually scared to go anywhere near my root beer," she said, not really joking at all.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Every nerve in Elora's hand lit up the moment Shay's fingers brushed against hers, murmuring a soft "thanks" while her cheeks lit aflame, her eyes lingering on Shay a moment longer, then she looked down at the root beer. Popping the tab, she took a swig. At hearing the girl talk about Nisha, the questions, once again, rose in her mind. "So, is Nisha... a close friend of yours?" she questioned before she'd even realized it.

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Shay had nodded her head in "you're welcome" and sat back down on the couch, her cold blue eyes lingering on the TV, and the movies she had stacked up next to it. The girl's attention was brought back to Elora when she spoke, and rotated her head a bit to look at her. Shay nodded, "yeah, Nisha has been my best friend since we were 7. I lived with Nisha and her parents until they moved out a little over a year ago." Shay replied, looking away. She had been living with Nisha for nearly four years.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Bump? I'm sorry I love this topic. XD
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:18 pm

[No worries! Sorry, this week's been all hectic. Sorry for the late reply. 'n']

Elora nodded at her reply - so she hadn't been dating Nisha, then. Not that it matters, Elora. You're over-thinking things. Picking up a small smile again, she motioned toward her guitar and bag and looked over to Shay. "Is there any specific place you want me to set these?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next