Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survival [ Artemis ]

Go down

Survival [ Artemis ] Empty Survival [ Artemis ]

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Araelma quietly made her way through the town, to the outskirts, where she had her adobe. The moon was high overhead and it shone down brightly on her platinum colored hair, accenting her blue eyes. She crouched down outside of her house, leaning against the wall of the sturdy wooden logs. It had been a full day. She had, having relations with the prince (and yes, a former affair), been invited to talk with the High Council about the forests. The people of the town Araelma lived in, Sylvir, was becoming overcrowded, and they were surrounded by forests on all sides. The King wanted to cut down the trees and make more room, but both Araelma and the prince knew that would be the same as waging war on the forest elves.
And now, here she was, drawing strange designs into the dirt and praying to the gods that a war would be avoided.
Just then, there was a rustle in the bushes near the forest edge, and she looked up, grabbing her dagger's hilt, alert.

Back to top Go down

Survival [ Artemis ] Empty Re: Survival [ Artemis ]

Post by Artemis Sinfeather Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Mattel had been watching the female elf as soon as she came close to his, and my, forest. I snarled quietly and found myself reaching for my bow, managing to nock a neuro-poison arrow silently, aimed for just before the She-elf's feet.
" Why have you come so close to the Forest of Sin?" A dark voice called from within the trees, yet no elven prescence was detectable," Well? She-elf that stands clad in red and bears hair reminiscent of platinum ore?" the voice seemed impatient to me.

I released my arrow quickly, it hit it's mark easily, striking the ground and as it did, it removed all life from a rather small circle area that surrounded the arrow, making the ground dark and the grass die. It was warning.
" Next time, you won't be as lucky." A more feminine voice snarled in warning before the voices vanished entirely.
Artemis Sinfeather
Artemis Sinfeather
Star Player
Star Player

Location : Watching a feather drift down.... I am adrift in a sea of torment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Araelma's head shot up as she heard the voice, slightly pointed ears straining to catch what species the creature was, but to no avail. She listened carefully, but didn't reply. Instead, she got to her feet and stared into the seemingly black abyss of the trees. "I live here." She commented casually, not sure if the voice could hear her. "I've lived here all my life. How unobservant of you." Araelma wasn't patient with creatures that talked to her out of nowhere. She was about to take a step towards the direction where the voice was coming from, when an arrow landed right before her feet, the grass withering helplessly under the arrow's tip. Araelma figured it must be another forest elf.
Instead of warning the prince and King about the forest elf's obvious warning, Araelma forcefully threw her dagger at a tree, where it hit its mark, deadly close to where she'd heard the first vioce. She had no intentions of getting her dagger back. All she wanted to show was that she could and would fight back if necessary. Scowling, Araelma made her way into her wooden home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Sinfeather Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Mattel snarled quietly, angry the female had nearly hit his sister," No Mattel!" I nearly cried as he reached for his sword, he let go as he heard my plea," We won't let anyone harm our forest, even if that means our lives." I recited the vow we took to remind Mattel of our duty. He leapt away with a quick nod, and I remained in the tree, pulling the dagger from the tree and stashing it in my pouch for later studying.
Artemis Sinfeather
Artemis Sinfeather
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:14 am

Araelma had watched the dark movement of shadows from her window before drawing the blinds. She really ought to tell the prince and King...
But no. It was dark outside now, and she shouldn't wander the streets at night, especially with that angered forest elf. They'd probably have sharp-shooters posted all over the outskirts of town, now. Araelma had some idea that she'd really pissed whoever it was off. Usually elves, even if they were of different types, respected each other. What she'd done certainly wasn't respectful. Araelma had been born and raised that way, though. She couldn't change herself now.
Sighing, Araelma laid down on her bed, yet she stayed awake, listening for noises.

[ i may or may not be on for the next 3 or 4 days. don't let the topic die.. i'll reply when i get back! ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Sinfeather Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

I quickly followed Mattel's steps to our treetop village - or what's left of the village of Zhuna'jin -, in the heart of the forest, it had been ravaged by city-dwellers of the neighboring 'civilized' settlement. Damn ignorant fools, destroyed a beautiful village all on the account of a legend, a passed down legend that 'promises' the adventurer who seeks out - and finds -, the Lost Amethyst Orb of Lady Shirisujen - the priestess and protector of Zhuna'jin. The orb is said to grant the beholder and possessor the possibility of immortality or infinite power - but they cost a high price -, the very soul of whom does possess the Amethyst Orb. I cleared my mind quickly as I looked around the village. My eyes met the decrepit corpse of a once beautiful building of tree and vine, carved by the tree itself for my mother. Daughter of Lady Shirisujen - or so I'm told -, heck if I know! I may be Shirisujen's Daughter for all I know or care. I headed toward the dying tree, half-hoping my brother was inside, waiting for my return.
Artemis Sinfeather
Artemis Sinfeather
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Araelma sighed when she didn't hear anything. Hoping any forest elves left would think she was gone, she crept silenlty out of her home and jogged silently to the castle. She stood before the marvelous white marble castle, and walked inside, with a quick nod from the guards. Araelma hurried herself up to the King's quarters and knocked on the door. Instead of the King, like she'd imagined, she was met face-to-face with the prince.
Sighing, Araelma nodded to him and said, "Krystor, the forest elves. If you don't do something about your father's absolutely ridiculous plan, they'll attack us and kill us all!" Araelma was usually nice and peaceful around him, but her tone was rigid, but not desperate.
"All right... I'll fetch my Father."

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Sinfeather Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:07 am

I stepped inside casually," What are we to do?" I heard Mattel's almost sad mutterings," We can't leave our forest, nor can we just appear anywhere and expect acceptance." he continued his ramblings on, and on. I, however leapt back into the desolate forest floor before sprinting to the edge of the treeline.
Artemis Sinfeather
Artemis Sinfeather
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Araelma was only greeted with disappointment when she Krystor (the prince) came back and said that his father was unavailable.
"Talk to him when he is." Araelma hissed. "And if you don't, I'll hear of it and I'll slit your throat myself!"
Araelma was one of the only ones in the kingdom who could get away with talking to the prince like that, and she quite liked her freedom. Even with that, Araelma was still fuming angrily that Krystor's father was probably off doing a guy thing, maybe drinking, or making love to his queen, and it disgusted her. With that, she began to walk slowly back to her house on the outskirts of the town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down