Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Another Day At The Beach... Only I'm Alone. (Saviour)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just Another Day At The Beach...  Only I'm Alone. (Saviour) Empty Just Another Day At The Beach... Only I'm Alone. (Saviour)

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 am

Kristinia
The sun's rays were oddly comforting, considering that I was alone on the beach for maybe the first time in my life. Fiona and Morgead had taken off to wherever, again, and I had been far too bored to sit around the university or the house.
"Yeah, and they say they're just friends," I mutter to myself, throwing my hair back over my shoulders and down my back with a simple toss of my chin, staring out at the beach through my tired sunglasses. Unwrapping my arms from my legs, I lean back so I was against my arms, my knees bent, head tilted up towards the sky. I closed my eyes and sighed, hearing a couple of guys messing around playing with a football, praying they didn't wander over towards me. I didn't need any of that today, God, not today. A few seagulls flew overhead, the sound of the ocean's waves crashing on the beach filling my ears. I took in a deep breath of the salty sea air, letting it out slowly and opening my eyes to watch the dazzling water.
"Reminds me of Fi's eyes," I murmured quietly to myself, sitting back up and running my hand through my long, straight hair.

( Oh wow, so so short... )
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Just Another Day At The Beach...  Only I'm Alone. (Saviour) Empty Re: Just Another Day At The Beach... Only I'm Alone. (Saviour)

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:30 am

Veronica~

I stepped out of my lime green convertible, temper flaring like the hot sun the beat above me. Slamming the door hard enough to cause the football geeks to glance over, I grab my white towel and turn around. I notice them staring at me, a look of intrigue littered on their gastly faces. I flip them off, immediately discouraging their useless glances. My uncle had come to town, and like his brother, he enjoyed scaring the living Hell out of my mother and I. I had no need nor desire to bring attention to myself in town. Wishing I could stay away from home forever, I find a spot that was away from any guys and layed my towel down, the white cloth molding to the warped and pressed sand.

The hot sun forced me to put my sunglasses on, as well as a few squirts of nausiating[sp?] sunblock. After applying a suitable amount to my light colored skin I glance around. A few guys there, a few girls there. No one caught my eyes. I sighed and layed back, glaring up at my car and ignoring my phone that was going crazy. I didn't want to talk to my uncle. Ever.

Grumbling, I turn my annoying phone off. As I was lying back into my normal position, I notice a girl. Her nicely tanned skin and perfectly colored hair intrigued me. Biting my lip nervously, I hold myself from introducing myself. Honestly, what were the odds of her being gay as well?

[lol]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Just Another Day At The Beach...  Only I'm Alone. (Saviour) Empty Re: Just Another Day At The Beach... Only I'm Alone. (Saviour)

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:46 am

Kris
The sudden slamming of a car door made me jump, my heart rate immediately picking up, though it settled soon after when I realized there wasn't really anything going on. I let my breath out slowly, watching a tall blonde woman coming from the parking lot. Shrugging my shoulders, I fix my black shorts, then my neon-splattered bikini top. Suddenly very apprehensive about my looks, I run my fingers under my eyes to make sure my eyeliner wasn't too smudged, then pulled my short, dirty blonde hair back into a ponytail that had only about 2 and 1/2 inches. I fix the wrinkles on my beach towel, staring sideways out across the beach. My eyes were drawn back again to the new blonde, who seemed to have the same idea as me as to not wanting to be too in the middle of things, and was sitting not very far away from me. I shook my head slightly, tracing a pattern on the towel mindlessly, thinking absently about putting more sunblock on, though not making a real move to get it out of my bag. Hearing a phone ringing, I lift my head up to look, seeing the woman send it to voicemail.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 am

Veronica~

My blue eyes find the blond again and our eyes meet. I flush a light pink and look quickly towards the water again. The waves cresting and crashing in a rythmic pattern. The calming effects of the water slowing my thoughts and washing my anger away. I sigh, pulling my blond hair into a long ponytail. The guys that were once playing football decided that it was awkward to play around me since I was 'rude' to them and they packed into their truck. I rolled my eyes at them "Guys are so dramatic" I mumbled under my breath, not even realizing what I had said before it blurted from my glossed lips. My small bikini was a baby blue with large white spots. I wasn't afraid to where anything. I didn't mind being who I was. Of course, it didn't matter. I was around 5`5` and my body was toned perfectly. I never worked out, but I had arms and legs that were toned and my stomach was as strong as it could be without having abs. I find myself staring at the other blond and quickly pull my eyes away, worried that she would get angry and storm over her to cause a scene. 'Wouldn't that help my anger' I thought bitterly.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:08 am

Kris
My eyes wander back over to her, and our eyes meet. I saw her cheeks flush with color, and ducked my head slightly, heart racing.
'Maybe she's gay?' I thought to myself, shaking my head slightly. Probably not. But there was always a possibility... Reaching for my bag, I fumbled in it for a moment before I pulled out the tube of sunblock, stretching out my legs to put it on, casting my sandals to the side. I dropped the tube once from my slippery hands, blushing as I picked it up quickly and snapped the lid shut, as though I were afraid it would spill out. Rubbing my legs a bit more to make sure the lotion was all absorbed in, I keep my eyes on the ground, embarrassed. Secretly hoping she was gay and wishing she would come over, knowing that I would never be able to get up and go over there myself. I sigh, running my hands through the sand, wishing Fi were here, or even Morgead, as little as I liked him, just so I wouldn't be alone, and so that they might have been able to talk me into going over there. It had been a while since I had last been in a relationship... I took another deep breath, digging through my bag for my water.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:13 am

Veronica~

I hear a small thud and glance over, noticing she had fumbled her sunblock. I giggled quietly, then catch myself and noticed how we both flushed again. Maybe...Just maybe... It was worth a try.
I stood up slowly and grabbed my towel, shaking it off in the wind. I tuck it under my arm, as well as my sun block and sell phone.
I fixed my bikini and adjust my sunglasses. "Mind?" I asked, gesturing to the spot next to her. My heart raced and I felt my face get hot. I tried desperately to return to my normal color, but knew it wasn't working.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:52 am

Kris
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her stand up, and my heart jumped, wondering if she was leaving. She started coming my way, and I swear my heart stopped beating for just a minute before it continued on.
"Of course not," I say, managing to keep my voice normal, gilded by a soft British accent. I lay back again, arms propping my up behind me and legs bent at the knees, sunning.
"I'm Kristinia, but everyone just calls me Kris," I introduce myself, looking over at the woman and unable to help myself from checking her out. She looked about my height, maybe even my age, too.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 am

Veronica~

My stomach flutters and I lay my towel down, then sit in the same position as her. "I-uh" I said then answered her question. "I'm Veronica, but no one really gives me a nickname" I smiled small, glancing over at her. She was pretty, and she looked about my height and age. I feel my face start to cool off and I le tmy eyes relax on the soft water. "Do you come here often?" I asked her, running my hands over my towel nervously. I tried to start a conversation as a normal person, attempting to sound somewhat calm.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:23 am

Kris
I couldn't help the small smile that came to my lips, looking over at her.
"Nice to meet you," I say, digging my toes slightly into the warm sand. Looking up at her again, I pause for a moment before answering.
"Every so often, though I normay come here with my friends, but they walked out on me this time," I say, shaking my head. That had sounded almost likes pick-up line, though I knew I was grasping at straws to try and see if she were gay or not. Maybe you can do this, I told myself. Coming to the beach alone wasn't all that bad, and Morgead wasn't around, so it was even nicer. I smirked inwardly at that.
"What about you?" I ask tentatively, looking back at her.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 am

Veronica~

I shrug "Rarely ever, only when my life takes a sharp turn" I said, sighing "My uncle is in town". My eyes wander to meet hers again and I break the contact quickly and nervously. "How's your life?" I asked her, hoping maybe she would say something about her relationships. Maybe she was gay. Maybe she was interested. I rub some more sunscreen onto my arms and legs, listening closely to her reply.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:41 am

Kris
I nodded slightly, wanting to ask more about her uncle and why she didn't like him, since I could tell she didn't, but let it drop since she was already talking again. I shrug slightly, knowing that this could be my chance to come out to her and see if she was gay. How ironic that would be. I looked back down.
"The usual; go out with someone you really like for a year or so just to have her dump you because she's obsessed with someone else, my typical life," I say with a shrug. "That's probably why my friends took off, they probably want me to find someone else so I can stop swooning," I admitted with a soft laugh.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:45 am

Veronica~

My heart skipped a beat and I felt a small smile creep onto my face. I wipe it away quickly and nod "Yea, you think she's the one and then, she falls for someone else" I sighed or effect, but I really just said that to tell her that I was gay also. I grab a handful of sand and watch as it slips between my fingers, falling down to the ground like a waterfall.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Kris
At her response, I felt my mind give a mental sigh of relief, feeling as though a load of tension had been lifted off my shoulders, putting me in a much better mood. I nodded slightly.
"Yeah, no kidding," I say as casually as I could still manage, looking out towards the beach and the cresting waves.

( Sooo sorry, it's shorter than I meant. )
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Veronica~

I notice her slight smile in her voice and felt mylips curl in return. Glancing out to the waves I sigh and lean back. "Got anyone special in your life?" I said and bit my lip afterwards. Wow, that definately makes me seem different. Ugh.

(Lol, same here)
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Kris
Unable to help myself, I laughed lightly, then smiled apologetically.
"Sorry, I'm nt trying to be rude, but that just sounded so, I dunno, boyish," I said win a giggle, then quickly added, "Like what someone would say on a comedy show. Not that I think you're, aw, crap, I always do this," I say, shaking my head at myself.
"Sorry," I said again.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Veronica
I listen to her babbling and smirk. "Glad you do, at least now it won't be so awkward" My blue eyes wander to hers and a giggle bubbles up through my small lips "Don't apologize" I smiled. Then I reached into my bag and pulled out a water bottle "Want one?"

(Sorry, I'm on my nook and so most of the posts I've done today are short and full of typos haha)
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Kris
I smiled again a bit shyly, pushing my hair back over my shoulders and throwing my head back towards the sky. Bringing my head back down, I look at Veronica as she offers a water.
"Sure," I say, not really knowing what else to say, reaching an arm for the one she offered me. Breaking the seal when I twisted off the cap, I took a drink, then re closed the bottle and held it in my lap, folding my legs beneath me crisscrossed.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Veronica~
She reaches for the water and I release it into her hand, then dig another bottle from the army green bag. I twist the cap, breaking the seal in a crunch ad snap sort of sound. Taking a long, refreshing drink, I lay back in the sun and fold my arms behind my head. As soon as I became comfortable my thoughts wrapped onto my uncle. Clenching my jaw, I sit back up and hug my knees. Staring blankly out into the water. The waves crashing against the shore ina seemingly cal motion, the smell of salt and fish surprisingly comfortable. Changing my mental subject, I wondered why us humans found the smell and look of the beach so calming. It seemed almost evil and disgusting if you dissected the individual parts thoroughly.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:35 pm

Kris
The sound of seagulls and the waves seemed to drown out the irritating sounds of the rest on the beach, and I happily listened. The sky, for once, was a clear blue, the only clouds way out at sea, and they were scarce and white, dissipating into the air. I watched the waves roll in and out, stretching my legs back out, feeling the sun's rays on my skin.

Bleh...
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:40 pm

Veronica~

Reluctantly, I pull my cell out of the bag and turn it on. It vibrated as it awoke its short nap. I had one voicemail and two new messages. I check the messages and sigh in disgust. It was him. I then listen to the voicemail. Wincing at his voice, a shiver of fear crawls across my back. Then anger floods my thoughts. With a flick of my arm, I through my phone out across the beach. Thankfully, most of the people had left by now and I didn't hit or draw anyone's attention. Except the woman next to me. I tense my body and grab my towel in my hands. She probably thought I was a freak now. "sorry..." I whispered quietly and toyed with my water bottle. Who wants a troubled nazi for a girlfriend?
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Kris
I hear the sound the phone made as it vibrated, watching her for a moment as she checked messages. Eventually, she threw the phone, and I jumped slightly.
"Who was that?" I ask, hoping I wasn't overstepping any boundaries. I could tell she was clearly upset, and shifted slightly so I was sitting back up with my legs folded beneath me, looking at her as I waited.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Veronica~

I force back my fright and answer her kind question. "My uncle, he's a jerk, I hate him" I said and clenched my light colored jaw. "I would kill him if I could... not to be a creep, but he is truly evil" I said and stiffled a shudder. "Sorry, I'm probably just over-reacting" I sighed and threw my head in my hands, which were rested on my now bent knees. It took all I had to keep from crying right there.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Kris
I shook my head slightly. "What could he have done?" I asked, then shut my mouth quickly. I knew I was probably stepping over the lines. I sighed softly. "No, believe me, you're not," I muttered quietly. My long-ago ex-boyfriend, my last boyfriend, was the entire reason I was gay, afterall.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:16 pm

Veronica~

I shook my head and looked over at her. Was that understanding I saw? "He.... was like my father.... but he got a shorter sentence and is now out of jail" I said and chewed my lip hesitantly. "He raped me" I said, my voice lower than before to avoid others hearing me. He and my father were why I was gay. I could never go out with a pig like them, never.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Kris
I flinched slightly when she mentioned she had been raped, looking down quickly. My heartbeat sped up, and I almost countered, but stopped myself. I wasn't quite ready to share that little bit of information. Not yet. No one even knew, except, of course, me and Andrew, but he would never admit it. I shook my head slightly and looked back up. "I'm... Sorry," I muttered, at a loss of words.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next