Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look Out, There Be Storms [Unicorn_Fluff Only] [T-M]

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Look Out, There Be Storms [Unicorn_Fluff Only] [T-M] - Page 3 Empty Re: Look Out, There Be Storms [Unicorn_Fluff Only] [T-M]

Post by Blackberry Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 am

Tarjak pulled his snout from the jug and licked his dripping snout. Nanuk. He had never heard of a dog or anybody named Nanuk. It sounded like a pretty unique name. "My name is Tarjak," he grunted. He snorted as she explained the whole 'house pet' thing. He could care less about her previous life. All he knew was that he had to survive, and he had to depend on his instincts to survive.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Look Out, There Be Storms [Unicorn_Fluff Only] [T-M] - Page 3 Empty Re: Look Out, There Be Storms [Unicorn_Fluff Only] [T-M]

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Nanuk wanted to comment on his name, but decided to bite back the rude remark. "See, not that hard to be nice, is it?" She sighed, lapping up a little bit of water herself. "I suppose I should head north. It'll warm right back up here and those bodies are gonna start stinking up the place. That is the last thing I want to smell." Nanuk grumbled to herself, trotting to the front of the store.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 am

Tarjak scratched his side idly. "Nothing smells nastier then rotting flesh," he admitted reluctantly. Tarjak reared on his hind legs and grabbed at the jerky that hung on the plate things. He wasn't hungry, but he was going to eat up before he went on his journey. The dog spirits haunted this place. He couldn't see them, but he could feel their presence, pressing down on him and making the air hard to breath.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Nanuk grinned, watching him. "See? Not that bad." She told him, tail twitching. "Tarjak, I should be going. I suppose this short amount of time we have known each other was pleasant..." Nanuk considered her words for a minute, "for the most part. Is there anything else I should know?"
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:38 am

Tarjak grunted softly, tail swishing. "The things you wish to know are none of your business," he said in a rather timid voice. He sniffed at the jerky crumbs, ears twitching. He lifted his head to stare at the female, his eyes blank.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 am

Nanuk grunted. "I wasn't wishing to know anything. I was seeing if there was anything else you needed to tell me before I left." She sighed, rolling her eyes with distaste. "It's just like that, with all you city dogs. Think you're all high and mighty."
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:38 am

"You think living on the streets when it's cold and dark makes us high and might?" Tarjak snarled, turning on her. "You have no idea what it's like, housepet. You don't know what it's like to wake up, wishing you were with your family again. You don't know..." He cut himself off to lower his head and stare at his paws, eyes gleaming as he remembered when he was a pup.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:20 pm

"How many times do I have to say this? I am no housepet! I have spent nights out in the forest with only my team for warmth! I've helped them ease out of this world, and I ever wondered if the sun would come back up again! I am no housepet, and you better remember that." She snarled, muscles shifting beneath her pelt. "I have no human family. Only my father. And they are all dead and gone, so what left is there here for me? I'm returing to Alaska, where at least I can die where I love!"
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Tarjak let out a rough growl. He didn't care about her heritage or where she died. He simply ignored her, strutting past her with his head and tail high. "I'm leaving," he said coldly. "I don't have time for this." He brushed past the entrance, entering the wastleland again.

(sorry it sucks)
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:49 pm

"You see? This is why I call you a city dog! You think you are better than anybody else! I bet you've never suffered a day in your pathetic city dog life! You've had humans around to dispose of things for you to eat! When was the last time you hunted something? All you can do is strut around and mock dog's who live with humans! If it weren't for humans, then you would have to hunt! But you are a weak, weak dog and you would die within days!" She snarled, watching him strut by. "A stuck up snob. Even in this day and age, that's all these city dogs are. Think they are better than anyone else cause they have spent a couple nights on the streets with nothing to eat but several garbage cans full of food." Nanuk grumbled, loud enough for him to hear.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Tarjak was getting sick and tired of this female. He spun around and stalked back into the store, haunches lifted and teeth bared. "I suffer everyday," he growled. "Getting food, finding a warm place to sleep, fighting for my territory. And you dare call me a snob?" He let out an outraged snarl, ears flattened to his head. "Do you think I have a right to be a snob? Living on my own? Fighting everyday, trying to survive? Do you think I've tried to live in the forest before? I can't. Even though I'm a wild dog doesn't mean I don't like humans. I like to hear them and see them walking around. I like to eat their food." His tail had fluffed up twice his size, and his eyes were in slits. "See? I guess I am a city dog. Are you happy? Are you happy now that I admitted I'm a snobby, stuck up city dog?"
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm

"Then try living in a place where there is no warm place to sleep, no food, and the territories you cross through aren't owned by other dogs, but things that are worse!" Nanuk growled, her own hackes rising, and she looked down on him. "Then why do you support the dog spirits in their cause? Murdering innocents? Why do you insist on calling me a housepet if you don't like humans? You say it as an insult, and don't say that you don't." She jerked her head around, looking at the destruction. "That is just the thing. You think you are the only one who suffer, the only one who has right to be like this." Nanuk snarled, stalking forward.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Tarjak hissed at her. Then he shook his head slowly. "I never said that I think I'm the only one who suffers. You just assumed I said that." He closed his mouth. He blinked slowly and sighed. "At least you lived with your father," he said quietly, his tone turning lighter. "I lived for mine for... what, a moon? Then I was kicked out." He shook his head once more. "You're one lucky dog, Nanuk," he said. "Do you even have any enemies?" His chin was lifted slightly. He wondered why he had gone from mean to talkative.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:59 pm

"I assume that you think that." She growled, watching him carefully. "I am not the lucky one. I had time to get to know him, grow an attachment, and then he was ripped away." Nanuk turned her gaze to the floor. "I do. I do have enemies. They are the ones you worship." She said icily, turning from him. "The dog spirits are my enemies." It was obvious she was still angry, and Nanuk wanted to turn, and bite into his throat to show him who was boss.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 pm

He muttered something under his breath. "Dog spirits, dog spirits," he mumbled. He then turned and bounded out of the store. He scrambled up the rubble and stared at the sky. He let out a long, low howl before jumping off the rubble and padding towards one of the dead humans. Tarjak sniffed at the bloody, dead creature. Should he eat it?
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:08 pm

bump)
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Nanuk rolled her eyes. Were all city dogs like this? She growled, exiting the store and turning down an alley. She used a dumpster to jump onto the roof of an old building. "What a view.." She muttered sarcastically, looking at the wreckage and ruin. Nanuk had to get her bearings, or else she would be stuck in the same town as that dog forever.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Tarjak decided against it. He kicked some dirt over the body and muttered to the dog spirits, "Let this spirit make it's way to the afterlife in peace." Then he left the body and continued down the broken street. He knew he had to find some way out of this city, unless he wanted to be trapped with that female. Tarjak saw her get on top of one of the buildings but didn't dare climb up with her. She wasn't very fond of him. He decided that their paths would split here and trotted through the ruined city, heading down the long street. From giant maps he knew there was a highway that led to another city. But should he follow the highway? For all he knew, it was just to another broken, ruined city. But he had to take his chances. With a sigh he began to walk down the road.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Nanuk jumped down, making sure to go the opposite way of that impossible brute. She hoped her inner compass was right. The destruction around her nearly broke her heart, but she couldn't let that get to her. She had to find a place to go. Nanuk noticed a small dog laying on the side of the road, dead. "You don't even care about your own kind." She hissed at the dog spirits, and walked slowly over to the dog, pressing her nose into its side. It wasn't very old. "I'd be better off dead, like the rest of them."
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Tarjak looked over his shoulder and at the broken city. He could see dead bodies like flies either laying on or around or in the rubble. Yes, it made his fur prickle. But how could he question his own beliefs? He had been raised to believe in these spirits. But he found himself doubting everything. The storm, the death, the bodies... could the dog spirits really be so angry as to kill innocent humans? Even though their blood was tainted they did not deserve to die. Tarjak tilted back his head and howled his sorrow to the sky.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Nanuk heard the howl. But she didn't care. It was over, all over. She was on her own now, and relying on a weak city dog who had crazy beliefs was not going to benefit her in anyway. Sighing heavily, Nanuk kept going, breaking into a dead run until she couldn't smell the dead bodies anymore. Her lungs were burning, but she didn't stop.

(SSS)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Tarjak howled again, his throat tightening as he held back a sob. "Dog spirits, you are all crazy," he cried. "You have killed with no valid reason. You have destroyed families. You have destroyed and killed everything!" His howl faded and he let his tail droop. Everything was over. Everything he believed in was garbage. The female was right - he was just another stuck up, snobby city dog. The dog continued to walk, his tail dragging in the bloody dirt.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Nanuk had to stop. She fell to her knees, panting. Her eyes were filled with hatred. Debris littered the highway, hiding her from sight as she caught her breath. There wouldn't be many living things left, none that had a top priority of taking out a husky. Nanuk stood, and started walking, determined to keep moving. She ran the words hate and dogspirits through her head over and over, driving the hatred even deeper than it had been. It was better that way.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackberry Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:54 am

Tarjak came to the city's end. The road ended abruptly here and below was a forest of trees. Some buildings had fallen on the trees and smoke rose from them and he could see a few dead bodies, but other than that the forest was silent. The sky was a grimy yellow-orange color and the heavy scent of blood and gas was sharp against the roof of Tarjak's mouth. The dog huffed. He searched for a way to get down and found a slope made up of debris and rocks and he carefully made his way down, paws sliding over the slope. Suddenly something sharp pricked his pad. Instinctively he yelped and tucked his paws beneath him, which was a terrible mistake. The dog hit the ground chest first and howled as something even more sharper scratched his chin. He fell down the slope, tail whirling and body moving down with dangerous speed. Finally he came to a stop as the slope leveled off. He was sent tumbling off a rather small cliff and fell into a patch of greasy bushes. Tarjak moaned. Debris and metal had tangled itself into his pelt like some kind of rubbish fashion design that a homeless man had designed. He shook himself and checked himself for wounds. Just cuts and bruises, besides the blood dripping from his chin and slowly flowing out of his paw. The dog snarled. Great going, he thought. Just what he needed - to get injured where there was probably no water or anything. Tarjak hung his head before howling again, voicing his grief and fear to the sky once again.
Blackberry
Blackberry
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3