Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Give This a Go...

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Let's Give This a Go... Empty Let's Give This a Go...

Post by Roman Empire Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:34 am

It was simple, was it not? Just find some place to live and try to better it from the inside. But ever since Caesar came to this place everything fell into a blur. He often could not even tell where he was going and resorted to wandering like a fool. He did not like looking like a fool. But all seemed like one big mess here. Everything out of place. He was a respectful stallion in a way and would not enter where he was not wanted. But really where he could go was a big mystery. There were horses everywhere, he could tell, but who he could approach was a different story. The large bay stallion moved uneasily, his hooves shifting listlessly at the ground. He knew what he aught to do, what the King had suggested he do: find a land he loved and challenge for it. But finding his way around this place was about as easy as climbing a tree after a squirrel: Impossible. He snorted, not at all feeling comfortable with his situation. What was he to do? Where should he go?

ooc: This is actually mostly me just musing about the fact that I have NO IDEA WHERE I SHOULD POST! This site is so confusing and there are so many dead threads...
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Let's Give This a Go... Empty Re: Let's Give This a Go...

Post by Nicoco177 Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 am

(I'l post with you)

So much pain and violence..... she couldn't stand it. "That is it!" she screamed, she bucked the leader of the herd in the face "I have had enough, of what seems to be fun to you! you have abused me! you have forced my daughters to death! and you have tried just now to force me?! well i'm not going to let you!" she said with a scream like whinny, she belted the lead male so hard in the sides that he could hardly breath, she reaered up and brought her hooves down on his face, leaving bruises and blood, she then reared up again and hurled off into redwood forest, she knew her place round here easily, she galloped over the leafy ground and stopped in a clearing, looking at the sore, red marks he had made on her side when he attempted to force her.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 pm

(may I join?)

Let's Give This a Go... Inky_waves_by_larissaallen-d34gh6w

Ink raised his head, wolves howling in the distance. With a nervous snort, Ink took off running. Ink was a chicken, he feared everything, even his own shadow. He only felt safe with a herd, which he had none. The smell of another horse tickled his nose, and he gently took off towards it. "Stallion, older than me." the 1 year old confirmed. His bay coat nearly hid him, but Ink had good eysight, and gently nickered. "S-s-s-sir?"
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:35 am

ooc: Sure, I don't mind who joins ^_^

bic: Caesar paused, watching the younger black horse approach him with a skittishness about him. He frowned a little, not sure what to make of the colt and his brown gaze raised as he searched for some sign that the youth's parents may have been near by. But he saw no one. Surely they would not leave him so young. Most horses sent on their own this young would never survive to adult hood. And yet here he was all alone. Some horses were just ignorant of the dangers of the world. "Do you need something?" He asked, lowering his head a little to see him eye to eye.
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 am

Ink looked up, ears laid back. "I t-t-thought I would warn you about... the wolves." The colt flicked his tail looking around and jumping forward as he stepped on a twig that snapped. Brown eyes were wide, muscles tense as he waited to run. "H-h-how far away do you think t-t-they are?" Ink asked, prancing around nervously with his neck arched.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:36 am

Caesar turned his head a little, his eyes sweeping out over the area for a moment in silence as he contemplating this new threat. He had seen nothing of the canines on his journeys so he hadn't a clue where they were. But he seemed afraid enough to show that they were a real problem here. Perhaps he had missed something. "I don't know, to be honest. But I can't say as I am all that worried either." He said with something of a shrug as he watched the vegitation boundary. "They are but canines, you see. And we have the upper hand with hooves and speed." He lifted one large hoof and looked down at it, pawing at the ground. He understood that they had their teeth and claws, but he could not imagine any canine would be able to get the better of him. He was simily just too big. And he wasn't even as big as horses come! More average sized than anything. It was different for a colt, though. He understood that. No wonder he was so afraid. A colt did not have the same advantage of speed and could be over taken by a wolf. And they didn't have the experiance either... "Where are your parents? Why are you here alone?"
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Ink looked at him, surprise in his eyes. "You aren't afraid of timber wolves? Artic wolves? Were wolves?" The colt snorted, snapping his head around as a leaf landed on his back. "I guess, but I'm as clutsy as a newborn foal." The colt said, shivering a fly off his leg. "Parents? What parents?" Ink said, "Dead."
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Were wolves? What on Earth are those? "Look kid, you might not want to be around here then. A grown horse may fair well against a wolf, but not a colt." No matter how strong they always seemed to think they were. This one, at least, seemed smart enough to know when to be afraid. Good for him. That would come in handy when he ran into trouble. With the intelligence to know fear often came the intelligence to know how to survive. He gave no real notice or measure to the dead parents, though. Caesar did not often care at all of what happened in the past, only what could happen in the future. He thought this over for a while, though, this random orphan colt in an area of wolves. "Perhaps you should stick close then. Maybe I can take you back to your herd? Where are they?" He asked, much more willing to drop the little guy off than leave him here for the wolves.
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Ink looked at him. "Where else would I go? The swamp? Redwood forest where Timber wolves thrive? Tikal Beach? Where I will beaten to death? This is the safest place! I'm not going to look like a baby in Foal forest!" The colt snapped, swinging his head around.

"Herd? I have no herd." The black colt growled, rearing. "I'm a chicken, but I'm not afraid of you!' Ink challenged, using his little bit of courage unwislely. "
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Well that was a sudden change. Caesar stared down at the black colt with a frown pulling at his mug. His ears layed back and a look of sheer boredom crossed his face. He just didn't tolerate those who over stepped their boundaries. Caesar was against the 'caste system', but he did fully believe that one should not ever disrespect those that were much stronger than themselves. Like right now for instance. "Is that so? Would you like me to give you a reason to be afraid?" He asked, turning away from him. The large bay horse smiled a little as he began to walk away, hearing the howls for the first time since he arrived. They were still a good distance away, but surely to be left alone with the wolves would scare him well enough.
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Ink snorted, "Yeah, if there's anything to be afraid of!" He tossed his head, giving the stallion an arrogant look. A walnut dropped on his rump, sending him into a panic. HE lunged forward, hoof lodging behind a rock and tripping him. He landed on his side, squealing.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:28 am

Athena heard a young colt squealing, she had heard that wolves had been roaming the lands, her ears lead her to where a jet black colt on his side squealing, she rolled the colt back onto his side "Are you okay? did the woves get you?" she whinnied worringly, checking the colt over for any signs of wounds or damage.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Caesar laughed at the colt, shaking his head at the young horse's total lack of perspective. Really, since when did something so small as a walnut falling onto your back signify the arrival of wolves? He stayed where he was, though, as the mare approached to see to the colt. Perhaps he had been lying? She looked like she might have been old enough to be his mother, and she certainly cared for him as if she were. But perhaps it was the custom here to care for orphan foals as if they were your own. They hadn't been particularly kind to the orphans where he was from. But things changed and horses were different depending on where you went. So perhaps he should give the colt the benefit of a doubt and say he wasn't a lier yet. "He is fine, the wolves have not come here."
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Ink shivered, nuzzling her leg. "I'm fine, just annoyed that he doesn't know challenge when he sees one." Ink growled. He got up, casting a nervous glance at him. "Practice of course," Ink tried to look happy, but only succeeded in looking shameful. "I never had a dad to teach me how to fight. Or protect myself."
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Athena slowly nodded her head "so your a orphan are you? where is your mother? I'm an outcast of my herd. A loner herd horses might say" she softly snorted, rubbing her muzzle into the yearling's mane lightly, exchanging a scent with the young horse.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:13 pm

"Dead for all I know." Ink said, pressing a small muzzle to her shoulder, memorizing her scent. "I want to train so when I go out on my own I can be prepared.' He told the stallion, pawing the ground.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ❥ Destiny Styles Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Let's Give This a Go... Naira_as_a_foal_by_bowdacious-d303gt9The small filly looked around and whinnied quietly. She heard a clash and turned back looking. "Mama?" she asked quietly and followed it. "mama?" Suddenly, she saw her mom dead on the ground, wolves shredding her limp body. "Mama!" she yelled. Turning, the wolves snarled at her. She gasped and turned running for her life as she ran through the forest, dodging under a tree. She then lifted her head and continued quickly. She looked and heard voices ahead and saw the wolves behind her. Suddenly they were gone and she was breathing heavily. She looked up. "Hello... wh-who are you three?" She saw a handsome grown stallion and a fairly handsome colt and a very pretty filly.
❥ Destiny Styles
❥ Destiny Styles
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Ink squealed, hiding behind the stallion when the filly burst into the clearing.

gotta go get a haircut
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:33 pm

ooc: XD Sorry guys, keep going on without me. I got swamped by homework O.o
I should be able to respond tomorrow (hopefully). Sorry for the wait.
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:57 am

"How many children?!?!" she whinnied at the top of her voice (unfinished post)
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Ink reared, tossing his head. The young stallion was instantly interested in hiding behind the older stallion when he heard the wolves howling again.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:50 am

"How many children?!?!" Athena whinnied at the top of her voice, her eyes softening into a gentle gaze thw mare felt sorry for the poor filly "Don't tell me, the wolves scared you too?" Athena asked softly.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ❥ Destiny Styles Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Naira nodded. "Uh-huh."
❥ Destiny Styles
❥ Destiny Styles
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicoco177 Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Athena gave a slow nod "the wolves got my mother, they then got my father, thats when the herd leader started to abuse and attack-" she stopped feeling a tear sliding down her cheek "I'm not going to talk about my past..." she said, wiping the tear away on her knee, She then nuzzled the young stallion that was rearing "don't worry, those wolves ain't going to get ya when I'm around." she said to Ink.
Nicoco177
Nicoco177
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Ink looked around, eyes wide. "They won't?" The black colt asked, shaking. "I'm just a big chicken. I'll never be brave, never get a herd or have a pretty mare like you." He nodded to the filly his age.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next