Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Storms A Rollin In.. (a new herd, anyone may join)

+2
Guardian Angel
Glass Prison
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A Storms A Rollin In.. (a new herd, anyone may join) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Storms A Rollin In.. (a new herd, anyone may join)

Post by Guardian Angel Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Natasha returned her attention to the young foals around her. "Dont worry about him. He is a nice one, i promise." she said and lowered her white mug to nuzzle them both before snatching some grass to munch on. "I would not let him hurt, chase or throw you out."
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

A Storms A Rollin In.. (a new herd, anyone may join) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Storms A Rollin In.. (a new herd, anyone may join)

Post by Harley's Rainbow Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:22 pm

"You won't?" He asked, looking at her happily. "Yay..." He nibbled the grass. His fluffy mane being blown into his eyes by the wind.

arhg
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Angel Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:01 am

The golen mare glanced behind her once more in the direction her mate went with the black mare. Irritation emitted off her ridgid body as she lost sight of them. He would hear it when they were alone tonight. Grunting, she decided she needed a good run. "Do you little ones want to join me for a nice run? Maybe a good game a tag will do us all some good." she offered and gently nipped both their flanks before skipping ahead of them.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Prison Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:02 am

Storm snorted and stomped his hoof as he threw his head back in surprise. The black mare had bumped him and it caught him off guard. Momentarily thrusting his ears back, he backed up a few paces and studied her before calming down. Satisfied with the scene before him, he adjusted his tall posture and kept a few feet between them to make her more comfortable.

There was silence between the two for a few moments. All around him birds sang summer songs in the branches of the surrounding trees and small critters dashed to and fro around the trunks. Because it was summer time, mosquitos and flies were at their worst and showed no mercy. Storm's white hide twitched every few minutes, trying to rid himself of the tiny pests. Growing annoyed, he trumpted and truend abruptly heading towards the creek which he entered and stood ankle deep in. He lifted his fine head to gaze at Ebony as his black tail glided over his rump.

Speaking up on his tenor voice he asked, "Are you wishing to join or are just passing through hoping to draw attention?" It wasn't a sarcastic question except he did smirk a little giving her full notion that she had, indeed, caught his attention. How could he help it? She was a fine specimen, but not better than his mate, who had come through and caught his eye. Every stallion had every right to look upon and claim if the mare was willing.
Glass Prison
Glass Prison
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Location : Im the voice in the back of your head that tells you to do it...even though its wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:27 am

A Storms A Rollin In.. (a new herd, anyone may join) - Page 3 Zandra-01Ebony was unsure of the meaning of his words, not knowing if it was safe or not to stay around him. Instinctivley, she took a tentative step backwards and away from him, lengthening the distance between them both. Storm stood in the stream, the cool water rushing around his ankles and gushing over smooth stones that lined the bottom, sparking in the summer sun. Rays of golden light filtere through the treetops, giving the forest an quiet and peaceful feel to it. Even now, small animals were making themselves at home.

The young mares tall ears perked contentedly, her hing leg lifting to rest a hoof on the ground casually. Swishing her long tail over her rump, she whickered softly and once again showed that he was dominent by licking and chewing. She was thirsty, but the stud stood in her way to get the water. It was her ultamite desision whether or not to trust him, but he had seemed nice enough so far.

Snorting softly, Ebony's muscles tensed and she raised her head to eye the stallion. Stepping carefully towards the stream, she moved to the side and made her way in a cautious circle around him. Standing a few yards off from him, she lowered her head to the stream and took in a long drink. The water was cold and refreshing, feeling so good on such a warm day as this one. Flies nipped at her flank and belly, thus she stomped her hooves momentarily and swung her head around to nip at them, splashing the stallion with a few drops of water in the process.

The mare was constantly forced to flick her tail, the silken strands brushing over her back legs and making the insects loosten their grip on her skin. Hating them, she ended up lifting her hooves and splashing into the swiftly flowing stream in an attempt to rid herself of them once and for all. She shook her head from side to side, her shining mane crashing back down over her strong neck and dark eyes watching Storm with intrest.

Now, she wasn't as warry as she had been before. His mate was busy speaking to the two others that had come to the small gathering, and she had the ablilty to loosten up slightly. Her muscles periodicly relaxed, and after she had taken a few more sips of the refreshing water she decided to answer his question.

"You called, I came. It's really as simple as that. But.." Trailing off, she gently arked her neck and looked him dead in the eye. It had been obvious that his mate hadn't been very... happy that the two of them had left the others, and she did feel bad. Ebony herself would feel the same way if she had a mate and he did the same, so she couldn't blame Natasha.
"Thank you for being so kind to me." Lowering her head to the nearby bank, she lipped a few strands of lush green grass. "I would expect your mate is looking for you. She didn't seem very happy that you wanted to talk to me."

It was true, what she had said. Kindness was a luxury she hadn't experienced much of, and it felt.... strange. But she loved it, the ability to trust another, even if it was just a tiny bit.

(I'm changing her picture.)

Last edited by Spritziekun on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Rebel pranced after her, tossing his head now and then. He picked up the pace, nipping her rump and darting away, rearing only half way.

I gotta go
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:12 am

Spartan-

The filly reared up and darted after them. Her orange legs moving her across the land in a smooth but fast steady gait. She soon caught up and switched to a canter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Angel Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Natasha trumpeted a playful call and turned abruptly to see if the children were following her. She laughed at the sight of them running after her. Tossing her head, rounded on them and went after Rebel. She nipped his shoulder as she passed him and kicked up her heels. "Tag!" she teased.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Prison Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Storm stood perfectly still and admired Ebony as she stood her ground. It was much nicer in the water than on the bank with all the flies buzzing around and making a meal out horse flesh. He shook out his black mane and lowered his head as he did so, his thin ears lightly whipping against the sides of his head. The tips of his mane touched the water and small droplets landed on his spotted coat.

The stallion shifted his position slightly as Ebony cautiously made her way to the water. By the way she licked her lips, he knew she was thirsty. Blowing air from his nose, he rested his hind hoof contentedly and allowed her to come and drink. As she refreshed herself, he watched her closely to read her body language. She seemed okay around him and irritated at the pesky flies. He threw his head to the side and lifted a leg as if to block the water she sent flying through the air after she stomped the water.

She finally answered his question and he smiled, "Nothing says you have to come to a stallions call." Looking down, he studied the pebbles at the bottom of the creek bed. There were so many different shapes and sized and colors. "My mate?" he asked lifting his head and eying her. "Oh, yeah she is easily upset but no worries. She knows she can't always keep her eye on me." he said thin in a cool manner. Smiling, he said, "Your welcome and you are welcome to stay as long as you like if you do not wish to join my family. You will find wonderful hospitality here and im sure Natasha will warm up to you. Her being pregnant has really played with her emotions."
A Storms A Rollin In.. (a new herd, anyone may join) - Page 3 Appaloosa%20Horses
Glass Prison
Glass Prison
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Location : Im the voice in the back of your head that tells you to do it...even though its wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Rebel bucked when he was tagged, laughing. His mane fell in his eyes, and he tagged Spartan. "No tag backs!" He squealed, running off.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Ebony hesitated for a moment, not sure what to say. All she could do was lower her head, again lipping halfheartedly at the strands of thin grass that sprouted from the rich black dirt of the bank. Her hide twitched as flies landed on it, nipping at her legs and flank. She ignored them for the time being however, until she gave a angry snort and swung her head backwards, baring her teeth and nipping at the things that landed on her rump. Swishing her tail with a swift motion, she raised her head and eyed the stallion carefully.

The breeze played in the strands of her long mane, her hooves sinking down into the soft sand of the bottom, littered with tiny pebbles on its surface. Would she join the herd? Still, the young mare didn't feel... right about it. This she would soon voice to Storm, who would have to understand in order to ask her in the first place.

"It's hard to choose. A life of tranquility, being alone and not having to worry, or being with a group, protecting and watching over eachother." Giving a snort that would have normally counted as a sigh, her large nosrils flared outwards and she arched her neck suddenly, muscles growing taught. Shaking her head, she nipped at her flank again and pawed at the water in exagerated movements, thinking through this all.

"I think its best that your mate has you during her pregnancy. I'm sure she would be much happier if you didn't have a mare like myself tagging along. It's... it's much better for all of us."
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Prison Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Storm grunted but not because he was annoyed or bothered by her reluctance to accept his offer, but because he already knew his mate would need him during her pregnancy. Ebony had little idea how much he tried to be there for Natasha, but even from day one she was a very independent mare and did not need him looking after her all the time."There will be lots of mares tagging along.." he said shortly. Hopefully he added mentally.

Glass Prison
Glass Prison
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Turning away from Storm, the mare needed something to distract her attention from the handsome stud. He wasn't doing much to push her away from him and his mate, and she wondered if that was a good or bad thing. Whicking softly, she turned her head and stared at a beetle who was slowly climbing across the peat of the bank, before the little bug plopped down into the stream and was quickly washed away.
"It's up to her. Really... I'll stay if you want, but its also up to her."

(bRaInFaRt)
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Angel Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Natasha had finished her game with the foals. They started to warm up to each other so she let them be for a little while. Now to go search for her mate. She had stood off behind the trees for a few moments observing but not really listening until she trotted up to them. "Whats up to me?" she asked, her perky voice eching across the shallow creek. She stood upright and erect as the playful breeze danced along her frame, picking at her milky white strands and tossing them across her golden shoulders. Her mane swayed along her arched neck as she whipped her tail across her back side. Her eyes were like stone sapphires as they swept across Ebony and her mate. She gifted both of them with a beaming smile and then a snort.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Rebel whinnied sadly as the game ended, and trotted towards a small hill. He grazed on the lush, sweet grass. His milky white mane danced playfully in the breeze.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Prison Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Storm's head slowly turned to meet his mate gaze as she pranced up to them. How much had she been listening to? Snorting, he smiled at her and tossed his head, moving around the creek, inviting her in with his body language. "We were just talking about getting her to join our family. She had decided that its up to you." he answered as he tossed his tail.
Glass Prison
Glass Prison
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:49 pm

"To bad" Spartan yelled to Rebel after he tagged her and raced after him moving in a fast rough gallop and playfully nipped him before the game ended and slowed down before tripping and falling. She stood back up and laughed she king her coat then looking around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley's Rainbow Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Rebel glanced over at her, and walked into the tree line, laying in the shade. An apricot fell on his head, making him squeal. Shrugging after he calmed down, Rebel ate it.
Harley's Rainbow
Harley's Rainbow
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Spritz Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Well, his answer hadn't helped very much. Just as Ebony had been about to make a snappy comment, the small rush of air and the sound of very slightly shifting leaves made her head snap up, nostrils flare, and body tense like she was ready to bolt at any second. Overhead, the gorgeous sun shone down and cascaded through the leafy branches, landing on the ground in shadowed splotches of golden light.
Raising a black hoof nervously, she snorted as soon as Storm's mate emerged from the trees. Great. Now was when she would probably get kicked out for leaving with the stallion, though she hadn't had much of a choice in the matter anyway.
Tossing her head into the air, her hide caught the light and flashed momentarily as she backed up a few paces, rising onto the bank and out of the stream to where the flies started to nip at her flesh once again. Swishing her tail harsly, the silken strands swatted her legs and she lowered her head in respect. Letting the stallion speak, she didn't say a thing; merley waited for what Natasha's reaction would be.
The young mare didn't blame Storm for choosing his mate the way he had. She was stunning, as gold as the sun and beautiful, even with her belly swollen with a growing foal.
Spritz
Spritz
Advanced Star Player
Advanced Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Angel Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Natasha laughed softly, her eyes twinkling as she did so and then they landed sharply on Storm. The flies did not bother that much so she did not budge from her place near the break in the trees. She swished her silken tail and stared at him a few moments, her brain working to come up with an answer. It really was not up to her so why had this mare made it that way? That frustrated her and the thought caused her to lie her ears flat. Shaking her head and snorting, she raised them and turned her gaze over to the Ebony.

The gold mare lifted her upper lip and swung her head around to attack a nasty fly that landed on her flank. Her neck wasn't long enough to reach around her bulging belly so she whipped it back around and stomped her hoof. Finding her voice she said, "I believe it would be alright if she joined, to be honest im sure ill be needing a nurse maid." A tiny smile passed her face then quickly disappeared as the foal kicked and she winced.

(i want them to be come really close friends, that sound good?)
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Prison Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Storm realized she was not going to enter the stream, so he resumed being comfortable and fly free. He watched both mares with careful eyes that gleamed with delight. He was glad they were getting along. He snorted and turned his head abruptly to Natasha. "A nurse maid?" he questioned more to himself then to her. Positions like that usually went to an older mare, not a new comer. But if her mind was set, he was not going to attempt to change it. "Sounds good.." he said as he dipped his head to lip at the water and remove himself from the conversation.
Glass Prison
Glass Prison
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Little.Goat Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Harley won't be replying for a while due to an accident, so when needed, I will post for her, as she requested.
Little.Goat
Little.Goat
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3