Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ )

3 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ ) - Page 2 Empty Re: Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ )

Post by Saviour Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Connor sighed and narrowed his eyes slightly at her following words. He nodded, and turned away, stepping closer to the creek. His leather boots seemed to float above the rocky riverbed, soundlessly coming to a halt just a foot from its edge. A heavy exhale offered only small relief to his over-worked mind. Connor screwed his eyes shut and listened to her words. She was impressed, happy, relieved by his handiwork. Connor had to admit, this pleased him. Rarely did anyone think of his magic any way but mischief and evil. His brows pulled together a moment, then he bowed his head. A strand of raven-like hair lashed out and cut through his pale skin. His emerald gaze held to the water but did not see it.
While his head remained angled, his eyes shot forward to stare across the water and into the forest beyond. A small grin lifted on his lips. "I'm glad to hear you like it, it's been a long time since I've been given the chance to help someone.." He trailed, then caught himself and tightened his lips. Connor turned around slowly, clearly taking hold of himself. This time for good.
He offered her the warmest smile his being could offer, and he clasped his hands behind his back. "I'd be glad to help you further, as long as it doesn't involve my brother's wishes" He told her. He knew she wouldn't find the latter half very appealing, but he liked the look in her eyes when she discovered the new length of her dress. He longed for such approval.

[[ Gah sorry.... I'm having trouble keeping his character...
I feel like I'm taking it a bit far, if you want to change anything please tell me ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ ) - Page 2 Empty Re: Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ )

Post by Tayssi Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:01 pm

(Don't worry about it, change him as much as you like. Everyone, even I change. In short or long periods of time, with minimal or drastic changes. It;s fine don't worry about holding his character. Change him if you want Very Happy )

Fate looked over at the man for a moment before watching the forest in silence. She watched as a rabbit bounded out the trees beofre stopping and staring at her. It completely ignored Connor. Like he wasn't there. The rabbit's gaze stayed locked on her and it seemed to tilt its head to the side, seeming to know who she really was. She gave a light shake of her head and it bounded back off into the trees, after finally noticing Connor. Fate stared at the empty space the small creature had been before she focused her attention back onto the black haired man.
But now, he stood just before the creek. She glanced at where he had been before looking at him, though she stayed where she had been standing; not making any move closer to him. He spoke a minute later and Fate nodded slowly before he turned towards her. The smile Connor offered surprised Fate, though she showed no sign that it did. When he spoke again, Fate gave a soft smile in response before she glanced away, her dark eyes staring at the running water.
"Thank you, Connor," she said after a moment as she looked back at him, "I really appreciate it," she said before walking towards him. She stopped infront of him and reached up slowly, where she moved the stray strand of dark hair away from his face before she said, "i'll keep it in mind," before she stepped back, into the cold, shallow water of the river. It played over her bare feet gently and she looked down at the water, her auburn hair falling over her shoulders and obscurring Connor's view slightly from her smile.
It was sweet and gentle and just showed Fate's innocence of the true cruelty of the world. Sure, she had seen Connor and his brother standing over her murdered parents and watched them kill her friend, but she still did not know of the cruelty and blackness the wrodl really held.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Connor turned his eyes to her as she approached, and his brows dipped as she stretched her arm towards him. His body went rigid, but his eyes remained locked on hers as she brushed a strand of his hair to the side. It shined as it caught the light, then fell back to it's deep black/ sapphire coloring as it fell back into the shadows. Connor's brows relaxed, and he eased a breath from his lungs so she wouldn't know he had kept it. She stepped back, and for a moment he almost stepped forward to stay before her. Fate seemed to glow now, her fair skin caressed by the light refracting off the water's surface. The innocence that tangled with her hair as it tumbled to veil her face both intrigued and frightened him. He had never encountered such a creature that could be beautiful and kind all in the same. There always seemed to be a dark side. He just couldn't find one in Fate.
Finally, Connor turned his gaze off of her and down to his own boots. He stepped forward once, and he felt the instant chill of the water through his waterproof boots. He exhaled, and brought his second foot beside the first. The water gurgled in response, and licked at the dark black shoes before moving around them. His emerald eyes flashed back up to Fate's auburn hair, and he felt like touching it as he had before. The feel of its strands still tingled against his fingertips. The edges of Connor's lips remained straight, but a hint of a smirk seemed to peek through. "You aren't just a girl from the village, are you?" he said, his tone suddenly dangerous and edgy, deep and sly with the mystery that showed in his attire. He wasn't threatening though, in fact he was anything but that.
His eyes narrowed slightly, and he changed his gaze down to his hands. He had spilled her mother's blood. His heart jumped in the realization, satisfied that he had discovered it. However, a new feeling he wasn't familiar with slashed at his core. Something like pain, but more intense and subtle. Guilt.
He knew the name of it but not what he had done to earn it. Connor had never known guilt, never. Nor had he known regret.

[[ Thanks =D ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Fate paused as she heard Connor step forward, into the water. For a moment, she didn't move, but then she finally looked up at him as he stood barely an inch away from her. She had to crane her neck to looked up at him as his light emerald eyes seemed to bore into her. She stayed where she was; didn't make any effort to move away from him as he studied the man before her. However, his words shattered her thoughts and she stepped away from him, looking away.
She turned her back to him and looked up at the blue sky. Why would he ask that? How would he know? Did he know who she was? Impossible. Nobody knew who she was; only her parents and Corzac. She glanced back at him over her shoulder and studied his expression before she sighed and looked away again, taking slow steps through the water, furhter away from the man. "No. I'm not," she said, "I am the princess of this country; the only person, by blood, who can rule this country. The only heiress to the throne," a certain power held her usually quiet voice. She spun around to stare at the man who now stood metres away from him.
Her eyes now held a steely look to them. Defensive. She stared at Connor and cocked her head to the side with a slight smile, "Does that mean you're going to kill me now, too? Afterall, I am the direct descendant of the people you people killed. You had a reason to do so, right?" the power from earlier had vanished and her voice now quivered.
She didn't want to die. She didn't want to be killed. She had to stay alive. she wasn't ready for her life to end.
Fate bowed her head as she stared at the water, a single tear hitting the surface of the water. He had found out. She was as good as dead now. She squeezed her eyes shut tight, another tear leaking from her dark eyes as she braced to be struck down by the man just metres away from her. She could've fought back. Could've run. But, even if she didn't want to die, she had no real reason to live anymore, now did she?
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Connor shot his eyes back to her frame as she stepped back, suddenly wishing he hadn't said what he had. She continued away from him, and a line formed between his ebony eyebrows. He never took his eyes off her, and when she turned around the look in her eyes shocked him. He stepped back, as she seemed to want to run from him just then. Her words sliced through the air like daggers. He was right. Connor didn't even think about what he had said, but now it hit him like a boulder. On the outside, she never could have guessed.
Connor repossessed the step into the water and took another deeper. They were about three meters now, and his furrowed brows had relaxed. He opened his mouth to shoot words back at hers, but she bowed her head. That single motion had blocked his throat and he watched as a tear trailed down from her prominent cheekbone over her nose and tumbled to the water below. Wait, she had said something before she bowed her head. He strained, and remembered her words. "What?" He said quietly, his voice carried on a thick breath. "Kill you?"
He shook his head, and actually chuckled once. "No, I would not kill you. It isn't my decision after all, and I have no reason to murder you" He answered. His cool appearance almost eerie in this somber conversation.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:17 am

She heard him move towards her and she tensed, but soon enough, he stopped. Fate's eyes snapped open at his words and she quickly looked up at him, her brow furrowing slightly at his next sentance. It wasn't his decision? To kill her mother? Her parents? She looked at his cool, calm expression and she shook her head. This wasn't right. ow could he kill someone if it wasn't his decision? It was impossible, wasn't it? But then again, he had controlled the leader's thoughts last night, somehow. Compulsion?
Fate stared at the man, unsure of what to say before she looked away. "But you'll tell him, right? Your brother. Surely, he'll want me dead," she said softly. The wind blew, blowing her auburn red hair over her face and she turned her back to the man and stared at the water. The wind was harsh and loud, the birds seemed to scream, the trees rustling loudly and the animals seemed restless. The noise was almost deafening to the young woman. A neverending, painful noise.
She brought her hands up to cover her ears, but it did nothing. Still, the noise persisted and she shook her head. "Quiet," Fate whispered. That's all she wanted right now. Silence, so she could think.
At that moment, the wind died, the birds stopped their noise and the animals all fell silent. The quiet that followed surprised Fate. Her hands lowered to her sides slowly and she raised her head. She ahd just said for it to be quiet. She never tohught it would've happened. Not that quickly. She stared into the trees, confused.
Confusion swam through her very being and she looked back at Connor, to see if he had done anything, but he hadn't seemed to have moved at all. "What?" Fate said to herself. Even her voice showed just how confused she was. "How?" she said, turning to face Connor, "what just happened?" she asked, confusion swimming through her, now mixed with a bit of fear.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:29 am

Connor saw the confusion flash across her delicate features and he sighed thickly. She wouldn't understand, of course. He lowered his gaze for a fraction of a moment before looking back up at her. She spoke, and he listened. For a moment, he didn't answer.
"You'll find, Fate," He spoke her name in a softer tone, as if it was something he had to dare himself to say. "That lying is something of an instinct to me... And besides. Withholding the truth is not lying," he told her, then shrugged lightly. He then noticed her change in behavior.
The way she clasped her hands over her ears and squirmed uncomfortably sent a chill through him, but he made no move towards her. She was acting as though someone was belting out orders, or spitting insults at her. She whispered something, her lips twitching with the soft hiss of breath. He failed to comprehend, however.
The next moment, she removed her hands and gazed at him in bewilderment. Suddenly, he felt uncomfortable. It was almost like she had pinned him with those eyes that matched her hair. He canted his head and stepped closer to her. Connor halted at about a meter from her, and he tried for a better look at her expression. Fate looked up at him once more, and she spoke to him. It was distracted, mangled words but he caught them. What was she saying? What does she think just happened. Somehow, this experience seemed familiar to him. He tried to force the thought away but it persisted. "What? What is it?" he managed to say, reaching out as if to steady her with his grasp but them pulling his hand away. "What are you talking about?" he added, and frowned slightly.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:43 am

Fate did nothing as she watched Connor com closer to her, stopping barely a metre away from her. He watched her before he spoke, asking what had happened. He reached towards her, but his hand paused in the air, as if afraid to touch her as he spoke again. How could he not have heard it? Fate shook her head and shuddered. "Noise," she said quietly, "there was so much noise, it was deafening. It just wouldn't stop," she looked up at him for a moment before she stared at the water they were still standing in.
It had been the only silent thing. Her only ally.
"Then I just said 'quiet' and it went silent. Utterly, completely silent. After just a single word, Connor, and everything went silent," she said, watching the water as it ran over her feet. Actually, it scared her. She didn't understand it and it terrified her. "I don't understand," she whispered to him, "how can that happen?" she asked, looking back up at him.
His large figure cast a dark shadow over her entire frame, blocking the sun from her. But she didn't mind. It was sort of comforting. Kind of like he was there to protect. Which would have been a frightening thought to Fate under normal circumstances, but at that moment, she didn't care.

(I am, so so sorry >.<)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:52 am

Connor's theory had faded, he couldn't understand. She had heard a noise he hadn't, and then silenced it. He continued to gaze at her soft features after she looked away, and he narrowed his eyes slightly. Daring, he stepped closer until their chests almost touched. He looked down at her, her head reached just to his shoulders. "Clear your mind," he told her, and reached up with his left hand. Firmly, he grasped her forearm within his pale fingers. He loosened the grip to avoid hurting her, but kept his emerald stare strong and determined.

[[ Same here, I had a nice post but then my computer spazzed and I lost it D= ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:05 am

Fate merely watched as Connor cleared the distance between them, until her chest nearly touched his. She took in a sarp breath but let it go a moment later as he spoke. He reached up and grasped her forearm tightly and she flinched slightly before he loosened his grip as to not hurt her. Fate ooked away fro a moment before she looked back up at him. A few moments later she took in a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment, trying to rid all her thoughts.
Once she finally cleared her thoughts, she opened her eyes and looked into his green. She gave a light nod, wanting to know why he wanted her to clear her mind and why he was gripping her arm so tightly.

(sorry, couldn't think of much to post to that Sad )
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:16 am

Connor watched her as she looked away, focused. He was relieved that she obeyed him, but he didn't take time to think about that. Once she looked back, he met her eyes and saw her nod. He promptly closed his eyes tightly and slowed his breathing, as though he was thinking through a difficult problem. Connor's index finger pressed into her wrist slightly, feeling her pulse and getting the rhythm quickly. With that, he was able to look past the wall she had built in her mind. He searched, ignoring the things she was throwing into her own mind. The main one, the one he found particularly hard to wind past, was how she was confused about his antics. He finally managed to pass it. Connor frowned on the outside, and he leaned a little closer to her. The closeness immediately cleared his path to her mind, and he pushed farther. Suddenly, he came to an abrupt wall that he nearly ran right into. His eyes flashed up and he took a sharp breath. His hand clenched around her arm, and he narrowed his eyes to her. She was blocking him out... But how? She didn't know his capabilities... She didn't even know hers. "What are you doing?" He snapped, letting go of her arm and trying to find the reason in her eyes.

[[ I had to make up the wall thing if that's alright, I don't know what you had in mind for her being able to silence things like that ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:34 am

Fate watched as he closed his eyes and concentrated on something. She vaguely felt something that seemed to be in her mind, but she didn't think on it. His brow creased and then he leaned closer to her, their faces centimetres apart. She was put off guard and she stared at his face which was so close to hers. She studied his face for a moments before his eyes snapped open and he was glaring at her. He snapped at her and she visibly flinched at both his words and his tightened grip.
She shook her head, not understanding what he was talking about. He let go and she rubbed her arm where he had held her and she looked away for a moment before she looked back at him quickly, shaking her head. "I have no idea what you're talking about," she said, her voice quiet and weak. She looked away, not wanting to see his stone like expession.
To be honest, he rather frightened her when he was like this. She wasn't used to anyone like that except her father when they argued.
However, Fate had noticed how the vague feeling in her mind had vanished, and she clicked two and two together. She looked back up at him and she watched him for a moment. "You were in my mind, weren't you?" she said lightly. Her intellegence was rather frightening at some points, not that she noticed at all. Fate only saw herself as an average person. Not pretty, obviously not strong, and definately not smart.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:43 am

Connor saw the sudden surprise and fright in her eyes and he shook his head slightly. He had failed to look into her mind, and she didn't even know he was there. Not only that, but she had probably never had training to prevent it. He felt ridiculously childish, stupid, like he had failed the easiest thing. He sighed and looked back to her when she rubbed her arm. He didn't apologize like he normally would have, though, he just turned his gaze to her expression. Connor saw the realization before she spoke. He lifted his nose in a sneer and glared at her a moment. "Oh... Like you didn't know!" he growled the words, and caught himself. She hadn't known, why was he so angered? "You blocked me, something I've only encountered a few times before," he frowned, and looked at her now red arm. Still, he didn't say he was sorry. He wasn't.
Connor folded his arms across his breastplate and watched her expression for a moment. He didn't mention that he hadn't expected her to notice, though. If you didn't know he was doing it before, you most likely wouldn't figure it out later. Yet she did. Connor was amused by the girl, she was very intelligent and strong. A small grin lifted on his lips and the strong angles of his face cast shadows across his eyes and cheekbones.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:01 am

Fate watched his expressions change and when he growled at her, she stepped back, away from him. Why was he so angry? What had she done to anger him? When he spoke again, explaining vaguely what had heppened, Fate looked back at him before she turned away from him. She gave a soft shake of her head and sighed. "Well i'm sorry," she said, looking down at her hands hich she held out just infront her, palms facing up. "I didn't realise I had done so... I'm sorry," she apologised again and looked back at Connor. It wasn't that she had anything to apologise for, but she felt she had to, for making Connor angry.
She stepped out of the river and looked studied Connor for a moment, who was still standing in the water. She looked away and noticed that the leader of the group was standing there. She looked up at him for a moment before he said, "come here," Fate glanced back at the man in the river before lowering her head slightly and walking over to the large blonde. He reached over when she stopped by his side, though keeping some distance between them. He draped her arm over her thin shoulders, which pushed her to be pressed against his side.
Fate glanced up at the man who was staring at her still red arm and she looked away before she looked at Connor for a moment, hoping he wouldn't change his mind and tell the man who she really was.. She didn't want to die.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:14 am

Connor shook his head at Fate momentarily, her apology only frustrating him more. "You've nothing to be sorry for," he told her, and turned when he heard his brother's heavy steps. Sure enough, Kayle was standing on the edge of the creek, and Fate had moved towards him. He slung an arm around her, and something inside Connor felt misplaced or awkward. He cocked his head slightly before turning and walking in the opposite direction of them. He held his left hand out before him, as though he was studying it for future reference.
Kayle had been looking for Connor when he heard Fate talking, and followed the sound. He had lost hope in finding out more of the conversation when he found his brother was with her. After all, you couldn't exactly sneak up on him. He called Fate to him, and glanced at his brother. Connor seemed agitated at something, and then strode away. Kayle hesitated, wanting to follow Connor but not sure if he should. He decided against it, and moved back towards the camp. He glanced over at Fate, who seemed almost frightened of something. "Is everything alright, darling?" he asked her, his voice actually sounding sincere.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:28 am

Fate watched Connor's expression change to something which seemed uncomfortable and unsure. Her brow creased slightly in mild confusion before he walked off. She watched him as he left and she noticed he seemed to he staring and concentrating on something hard, but she couldn't make out what it was that had Connor's rapt attention. A few moments later, the blonde spoke to her and she shifted her attention to look up at him. She gave a light shake of her head and looked at Connor's retreating figure before the blonde led her back to the camp. "No, it's nothing," she said softly, shaking her heaf before looking back up at the blonde. However, his genuine sincerity and concern surprised her. She hadn't thought he had it in him to actually care.
She was starting to get a little cold. Her dark eyes looked up at the bigger brother and she studied him for a moment. He wasn't as handsome as Connor. But that could be because he always wore a scowl. But noe that he wasn't, she could see that he was indeed good looking. Though she'd rather bury herself alive then admit that out loud.
Maybe, she thought, if he wasn't the leader of the group and they were simply two brother together, things would've been different. Maybe she could've even become friends with them if she had met them
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Kayle nodded slightly at her response, and looked over at her as she seemed to be concentrating. Obviously she was caught up on something, and it bothered him that he didn't know what. He frowned and looked ahead once more. The man's clear blue eyes narrowing as he rummaged around in his head. Suddenly he realized what should have been obvious. At the thought, his expression turned hard. Kayle's flaxen hair shifted as he turned towards her once more. "Was it Connor?" He inquired, although it sounded like more of a snarl. If it was his brother, which he figured it was, Kayle would definitely throttle him later. Had he not made it clear? Fate was his, not Connor's. His strong jawline pulsed and his eyes turned away from the girl's dark eyes. Yes, if it was Connor after all, he would put an end to the madness. Easily, of course. Anything physical between Connor and Kayle was quick and predictable.

[[ Oh my, please forgive me. I've dropped my muse in a ditch somewhere... ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Fate watched the man's expression for a minute before she looked away for a short moment, wondering whether or not they'd be moving soon, or wehher they were still staying here for the day and going tongiht? Before her thoughts could linger any longer, the blonde spoke and she looked up at him, surprised by his words. 'Was it Connor?'. The question was a surprise, she hadn't expected him to ask that. Shouldn't he trust his owner brother? Fate gave a light shake of her head and looked ahead, "no, not really. Connor didn't do anything... I just upset him some how, but I just don't know what I did... So it was really my fault, not his," she said and then looked back up at him with a small smile. "I just, feel bad, is all. I have no idea how to make it better," Fate said and glanced in direction of the river where her and Connor had been standing.

(Sorry :/)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Kayle's features hardened, and the fist he didn't have around her shoulder clenched tightly. He forced the frustration back, and gently squeezed her shoulder before letting his arm fall back to his side. "Don't worry about him, he is a mess. You'd be better off just ignoring him. That is, after all, what everyone else does." Kayle teased, though it was the truth. He forced a grin on his lips and folded his arms over his broad chest. He noticed her look towards the river, and felt his gut tense. Never had his brother gotten in the way of Kayle's interest in women, why now? The one time he actually wanted more than a little fun from a girl, and Connor had to get his feet wet with the matter. A long sigh escaped Kayle, and his brows slid together as he looked towards the camp in front of them.
"We're heading off again soon, I suggest you eat something beforehand," he told her, though it was more of a command. His voice was firm and strong this time, unlike it had been in their previous discussion.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 am

Fate felt his hand clenched into a fist and she glanced at his hd for a moment and watched as he forced himself to relax. He spoke a moment later and she shifted her attention to the man's face and she gave a soft nod in reply. A minute or so of silence passed between them, before he spoke again, telling her that they were leaving soon and she should eat something. "Uh, alright," she said as she glanced at him before she walked off slowly, glancing down at her dress with a light sigh. Fate ran a hand through ehr auburn hair before she grabbed some bread. Sure, she was hungry earlier, but her appitite had died down after speaking to Connor. She broke some of the bread off and put it in her mouth. Chewing slowly, Fate's thoughts wandered from Connor, to her parents, to the leader and then to the town which ahd also been raided. Taking another piece off and eating it, Fate sat down and just let her thoughts wander, not really caring about anyone who came her way.
Once she finished her bread, Fate brushed the crumbs from her dress and sighed again before she leaned back, putting her hands on the ground behind her and using them as her support. She tilted her head back and stared through the canopy, to the blue sky above. She closed her eyes and wondered what her life was going to be like from here on out. Would it get even worse? Or maybe, somehow, once she was away from these bandits, she'd live a peaceful life and settle down somewhere. Or maybe she'd even be able to restore the throne and rule the land.
A hand glided gently across her throat and she jumped befre her eyes snapped open and she looked at a man who was leaning over her. He had dirty brown hair which reached just above his shoulders and murky brown eyes. Defnately not a very attractive man. Fate stared at him for a moment and watched as he reached towards her. She glanced past him, at the camp and couldn't see the leader. Actually, not many where hanging out there at the moment. Alrighty then. The man's hand hovered closer and she glared at the man before swatting his hand away. The man frowned before he tried again. She did it again. This time, the man growled and his hand lashed out as he grabbed her wrists and pushed her back, pinning her to the ground. Fate gasped in surprise as he then started to run his hand under the skirt of her dress and up her thigh.
Fate gave a soft shake of her head before she finally noticed the smell of ale. How she hadn't noticed it before was surprising; the man's stench was amazing. He was as drunk as a man could get. She stared up at the man before she frowned and struggled to escape his grip. Even drunk, a man was still strong in physical strength then her.

(wasn't sure whether to leave it or get her out of the situation herself, but then thought that'd leave nothing for you to do I guess :/ )
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 am

[[ Haha thanks for leaving it open =) ]]

Kayle nodded at the girl. His steps were brisk as he moved back to the group, eagerly looking for something to put his mind on or throw his fist into. Damn Connor, he thought to himself. The thought made his handsome features gather in a snarl. Why now? Of all times, why did he have to interfere with this captive? He could've had any of those other women all to himself. Well, he could've at least tried to have those women. They might not have fallen for him, though. Connor was an outcast and rather strange. A sigh drew itself from his maw and Kayle called out to some of the bandits. He proceeded to gather a hunting party. They set out not long afterwards, Kayle's need to cause harm to something getting the better of him.
Connor's unbelievable green eyes danced about the landscape he had found himself in. Beneath him sat a mighty boulder, it's surface worn to a smooth texture while it's general outline was rugged and broken. He bent his knees and leaned forward so his arms could rest on his knees. It was a beautiful place, who wouldn't wish to rule it? That would be just glorious, wouldn't it? He looked back down at his hands, scarred and pale, and his brows tucked together. The magic that sparked along his fingers was itching to get out, burning against his skin as if it just couldn't take being locked up inside him. They clutched tightly in fists, causing a few veins to lift along his skin. When Connor lifted his gaze once more, the sky seemed to have darkened and the entire day had gone grey. He should be heading back, they would be leaving soon. Kayle despised staying within the forest. Connor never could see why.
With a swift movement, Connor leaped from the boulder's elevated throne. He landed against the earth silently and brushed his hands as though he had soiled them. He took a graceful step forward before he heard it. At first it seemed normal, just a small sound like a misplaced step slipping on loose top soil. Then it came again, and it was rough and aggressive. The line between Connor's obsidian brows deepened. He slicked back his unruly, raven-like mane before he stepped closer. He silenced his footfalls and shielded himself from view. Curiosity had always been Connor's weakness.
When he stepped around a bend in the river the scene he observed was not something he had been expecting. Anger welled up inside the tall man, but he held it in reserve. She seemed confused at first, but as he slammed her down against the ground her eyes widened in realization. He was taking advantage of her, and Connor could've cared less if the man was drunk or possessed. Connor let his magic down so he could be seen and heard. Just two quick strides later and the man's shirt was in Connor's fists. He pulled him back with an ease you wouldn't expect from someone of Connor's build. "Chase!" He exclaimed, his voice raised with disbelief as he recognized the man's features. Chase was Connor's friend, of sorts, and he rarely drank enough to incapacitate him. The man's smirk was disgusting, and his hot breath brought a stench to Connor's nose that twisted in his gut. He wasn't drunk, just buzzed. The wreaking alcohol came from a spilled drink on his trousers. He knew exactly what he had been doing. That angered Connor even more, and he swiftly threw the man back to the ground. Why he didn't zap him into oblivion baffled Connor. The sharp emerald pools turned to Fate and their intensity vaporized. "Are you alright?" He inquired, concern in his voice. His brows relaxed, but his features remained devoid of emotion. A small rustle could be heard behind them as Chase attempted to get up, then stumbled off clumsily towards the campsite.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Fate looked past the man and saw that Connor was standing a few metres away, watching her. She stared at him for a moment before she tried to get away from the man harrassing her. However, she was unable to. Fate then noticed Connor coming towards them and she froze, unsure of what he was going to do. His expression was furious and a sliver of fear washed over her. However, he grabbed the man by his collar and yanked him away and to his feet. She watched in surprise as Connor exclaimed the man's name and then throw him to the ground. Fate looked at the man on the ground and then looked back up at Connor as he turned towards her, his fury evaporating. She watched him, unsure of what she should do.
Connor spoke, asking if she was alright and Fate sighed in relief before she pulled her skirt down her legs, which had been moved more then halfway up her thighs by the man. She pushed herself to sit up, her heart racing strongly. She could feel it in her chest. Fast and hard. She gave a light shake of her head and then looekd back up at him, "Uh, yeah, i'm fine.. I guess. Thank you for your help," Fate said before she pushed herself to stand up. She brushed the leaves and dirt from her skirt and ran a hand lightly through ehr auburn hair to rid it of the loose dirt. "I appreciate it," she said and her head fell forward as she stared at her dress.
The truth was, she had been scared. She wasn't used to such acts and it frightened her. But she was glad that Connor had showed up to help her. After a few moments, Fate raised her head and looked up at Connor before she glanced over at the man's retreating figure and shuddered softly. She looked at Connor again and shook her head with a sigh. "I'm sorry.. You helped yet again; you're probably sick of me by now," she said with a shaky laugh. To be honest, even if they were the bandits which murdered her parents and town, she didn't like being hated by anyone. If someone did, she always felt awful; like she had failed that person somehow.. And if he did hate her, she'd do something to get him to forgive her for whatever she did. Even if he was the one who murdered her mother; until she had her revenge, she didn't want him to hate her. Actually, she rather liked Connor. He was different and that intrigued her.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Connor nodded slightly at her answer. She brushed the skirt down on her surprisingly athletic thighs. He looked over into the shadows of the trees as she stood up and brushed herself off. Where was Kayle? He would be furious to know this had happened. Connor worried Kayle would be angered that he had not been there, and would be mad at Connor for being there. Why, he didn't know. Something just felt wrong about him helping Fate. He should've ran off and told Kayle first. The thoughts slowly wrapped the man's gut into a firm knot. He sighed softly at her words and turned back.
Connor's unusual emerald gaze met her warm, crimson/brown ones and he frowned. "I do not mind." He told her. His eyes turned to a strange form in her auburn locks. Slowly, he lifted his hand and took the brown leaf from her hair. Connor turned it over in his pale hands and looked down at it for a moment. The recent rain had settled against the earth, keeping the plant moist. He turned his palm sideways and let the leaf fall to the ground once more.
Pools of emeralds flickered back up while his face remained angled towards his hand. "I'm sorry, Fate" He said softly. Connor's breath halted in his throat and his pulse raged. Did he just apologize? For what exactly, he had no reason to. He didn't need to apologize for anything, to anyone. He had never had use of the words and rarely used them. The man's raven-like brows slid down and he lifted chin to face her. The canopy's dim light casting shadows across his angular features. Connor was clearly baffled by his own words, but he tried not to let it show.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Fate listened to Connor's words and she watched as he seemed to look for someone; probably his brother. A minute later, he reached towards her and she tensed, unsure of what he was going to do. But then he gently grabbed a leaf which was in her hair and pulled it out. She watched as he turned it over in his hand and then stare at it. But then he let it drop and she watched as it fluttered to the ground before she looked back up at him. She cocked her head to the side and relaxed as he simply watched her. She wondered what exactly was so interesting about her.
But then he apologised and Fate stared at him in surprise. She shook her head lightly, unsure of hwat to say. She went to speak, but no words came out and she shook her head. "What for?" she asked softly, staring at him before finally looking away. "There's nothing for you to apologise for, Connor; you've done nothing," she said to him, looking back at him, studying the man for a long while. What exactly was it that she found so interesting? He was nothing like any other men she had met. One moment, he's murdering a woman in cold blood, the next he's being kind to her. It confused her, but seemed to pull her towards him.
She wanted to know why he was the way he was.

(sorry :/ )
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Connor listened to her words and shook his head in response.
How was he supposed to answer her question? He had just asked himself the same thing. "I... I don't know. It seems as though I should apologize. I suppose for murdering your queen as you watched.." He said, trying to sort out his reasoning. When he realized what he had mentioned the man's eyes widened slightly and he looked back into Fate's eyes. He hoped he had not offended or saddened her. The mentioning of the woman was to remain in his mind. Once again, that urge to apologize tickled his tongue. Why did she do this to him? She was clearly toying with him, but how? The woman showed no signs of being capable of magic. In fact, Connor doubted she housed a single bone of magic within her entire frame. The thought baffled him as well as disgruntled him. He had fought alongside his brother against creatures far more dangerous than she and had never once felt this way. It was as though she could pick apart his frozen mind with just one glance. The feeling was oddly invigorating. He felt known, and it felt good.

[[ Gah >___< ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next