Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ )

3 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ ) - Page 7 Empty Re: Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ )

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:47 am

Fate sighed at his first words. So he was treating her like an invalid. Was that it? However, his next words shut her thoughts up altogether and she stared at him. "Someone like you?" she asked before she shooke her head. "There is nothing wrong with you, Connor. Everyone has their own problems, I know that. And why wouldn't I trust you? You've been the only one here that is wiling to talk to me and not try to damn well rape me. You've protected me, helped me, you've been willing to listen to whatever I have to say, whether you want to or not. And I know how annoying I can be, yet you never said it," she said and looked away for a split second before she looked back at him, her words trailing off.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ ) - Page 7 Empty Re: Terrified To Die [R] (~-Making Mirrors-~ )

Post by Saviour Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:57 am

Connor bit at his lip, struggling to keep himself together when she was telling him exactly what he didn't want to hear. He didn't want to hear how everything he did was justified, he wanted to be cursed and berated for his wrongdoings. He swallowed hard and reached forward, taking her hand in his. Connor lifted it and pressed her knuckles against his lips, failing to meet her gaze and instead lingering against her skin. He pulled away and looked up at her. "Good night, Fate." He said quietly, and forced a smile. Connor turned then, but didn't head back towards the camp. Instead, he walked over towards an overgrown path and forced himself not to turn back.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:11 am

Fate was taken by surprise when he reached forward and grabbed her hand. She did not pull away and her brow furrowed in confusion. Then his lips pressed against her knuckles and her eyes widened in surprise. They lingered there for a moment before he pulled back and finally looked at her. His next words were not something she wanted to hear. He turned and walked off and she reached for him, taking a step forward, but was just out of reach. Her feet seemed to plant themselves to the ground at that moment and all she could do was call out, "Connor, wait!" however, he didn't. She shook her head as he disappeared from view and and she gently pressed the bridge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger. "Dammit," she muttered, "dammit, dammit, dammit." she ground out. "I am a moron,"
she stepped to the side, resting her forehead against the bark of a tree, letting her hand drop to her side. "What the hell just happened?" she whispered to herself, "why did I have to go and say all that?" she straightened herself out and shook her head. Running a hand through her hair, she looked at where he had gone before she gave a heavysigh and slowly walked back to camp.
She tugged at the hem on the sweater Connor had let her wear and she glanced behind her before she stepped into the light of the fires. She looked over at Kayle and the group and gripped the fabric of the sweater in her hands. "I'm an idiot," she muttered to herself as she watched them, thinking of Connor and refusing to walk any closer to tem, seeing as the man from earlier was now sitting right next to Kayle.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Connor kept his posture the same despite her words and continued walking, his eyes closing and his chest falling in a slow breath. He waited until she was surely unable to see him before reaching up and grasping a low-hanging branch, pulling himself up into the tree it belonged to. The V in the tree supported him rather well and he rested his head against the bark, which clung to his raven hair like velcro. Why had he acted that way around her? What was it about Fate that made it so hard for him to keep his cool? Maybe if he just avoided her... but then what would she think? He didn't want to hurt her. Connor cursed quietly and opened his eyes to look up at the star-filled sky; the black of the night was so thick and unvarying it was hard to believe it wasn't just a black blanket someone had pinned to the skies.

[[ That okay? I'll get back into it, I'll bet. I just need to figure out what I was talking about when he was calling himself a monster and all that 0.o hahah, I'm my own worst enemy ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Fate stared at Kayle and the group, cringing as the man from earlier looked over her for a quick moment before turning his attention back to the group. Fate stepped back, leaning against a tree, her mind flashing back to then. Her breathing became shallow and her body shook slightly as she remembered the rough, uncaring touch of the man. She folded her arms across her chest and closed her eyes, forcing herself to calm down. She was within sight of the whole camp. He wouldn’t try anything now. Not with Kayle around, anyway. Fate sighed heavily and ran a hand through her auburn hair and glanced back into the darkness of the trees, searching uselessly for Connor. She shook her head slightly, unfolding her arms and playing with the sleeves of the sweater. She gave a small smile as she looked at it before she looked into the camp again as she heard her name called. She searched for who had called her and she soon found Kayle looking over at her. He hadn’t yet seemed to notice she was wearing Connor’s sweater, which was good. He probably just thought she had borrowed it from one of the women here.
Fate stayed where he was, hoping she had imagined him calling to her. However, he called her again and waved her over. She hesitated, staring at the man with chestnut coloured hair next to Kayle, before she reluctantly made her way over to the burly man. She forced herself to keep calm and made sure she kept herself from shaking or looking frightened. She didn’t want Kayle asking questions. Connor might get into trouble. She didn’t know. The man with chestnut hair smirked at her and she paused midstep and he moved from where he was sitting. Fate glanced at Kayle quickly, before looking back into the tree line before she moved to sit beside Kayle. The man with chestnut hair moved to sit beside her and she shivered slightly. Kayle moved her closer to him, until she was almost sitting on him. Fate glanced to the side at the other man before looking up at Kayle with a slight smile. After a moment she looked back into the trees, trying to ignore the fear gnawing at her insides from being so close to the man with chestnut hair.

(It's all good, sorry I played Kayle for a moment, just wasn't sure what I should do Razz)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:11 pm

[[ That's fine Smile ]]

Connor nearly fell asleep there before he decided it would be best to return to camp. He slipped soundlessly from the tree and started off down the trail back to where they would be spending the night. With each footstep came the muffled crunch of leaves and pine needles, and each breath brought with it a familiar earthiness that calmed his thoughts. He longed to just stay there, away from the chaos of the camp and the potential anger of his brother, but he wasn't sure what creatures were in this particular forest and he didn't want to get stuck fighting off a wolf or mountain lion single-handedly. Connor reached the camp not long afterward and carded his fingers through his hair as he did his best to stick to the sidelines and shadows. If no one saw him, no one would comment about his refusal to join the feast. Not that his absence was anything unusual, of course. He caught the warm red color of Fate's hair and automatically looked up, only to see her sitting with- or rather, on- Kayle's lap. Growling at the fact that that bothered him, he turned to face forward again and continued walking.
Kayle wrapped an arm around Fate's waist and pulled her close, laughing at the story one of his friends told and tipping back his beer. He set the mug down and glanced over at her. "Are you hungry? There is plenty of food to go around, love," he said with a charming grin, his breath laced with the scent of ale.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Fate glanced down at his arm as it wrapped around her waist and pulled her impossibly closer to him. The sound of his laughter almost made her jump and she watched as he put his mug on the table before looking down at her. She looked up at him and gave a small smile, shaking her head slightly. “I’m fine, thank you,” she said lightly, trying to ignore the smell of ale on his breath. She felt very uncomfortable sitting upon this man’s lap, but she couldn’t do anything about it. It was either that, or be closer to the man beside them. She preferred being where she was to that option. At least here, the man wouldn’t even dare to try to touch her. Even so, if she had the option, she wouldn’t be anywhere near them. She’d be on the opposite end of the campsite, staying away from both men. She was mentally and physically exhausted, so she had no power to refuse Kayle at this point. She looked into the trees again, away from Kayle.
However, at that point, she saw Connor. Her eyes widened slightly and she hoped that he hadn’t seen her. It was embarrassing and shameful already, she didn’t know what she’d feel if Connor had seen them. She didn’t want to know, either. She watched the raven haired man for a long moment, wishing that she could just run up to him and apologise for whatever had upset him. But she couldn’t. She was trapped here, against Kayle, unable to get away. Sure, she had come over, but she hadn’t known he had wanted this. When she had gotten there, there was no way she could refuse to sit. Not with everyone being there. She had no choice. She didn’t have the strength left in her body to say no and resist anyone who tried to force her. Especially not Kayle. Fate gave a soft sigh and watched Connor a moment longer before she looked down at the sweater, tugging at the hem of it, pulling it further down her legs as when Kayle had grabbed her, it had slid up her thighs by a bit.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Connor ducked into his tent and let the flap close behind him, sitting down on his bedroll and resting his face in his hands. He wanted to go to sleep, but he really didn't think he'd be able too. If he didn't have to deal with Kayle and his friends he'd surely have to deal with the hell that was his own mind. Wincing as he accidentally ran his fingers through a knot in his hair, he rolled his shoulder blades and turned to reach into his bag. Inside, mixed with clothes and a few rations, were several old-looking and leather-bound books, and he pulled out one that was especially well-worn. Connor flipped through the yellowed pages with an affectionate carefulness before settling on a page and leaning against one of the support beams in the tent.
Kayle pealed a piece of bread from the loaf in the middle of the table and placed it in his mouth, grinning widely at one of the women as they not-so-conspicuously flirted with him. It wasn't until he caught the unexpected scent of his brother that Kayle actually paid Fate any real attention. He furrowed his brows and looked over at her with confusion in his soft blue gaze, which only intensified as he saw the sweater she was wearing. "That isn't yours," he stated after a moment and loosened his hold on her, narrowing his eyes.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Fate sighed as a woman flirted with Kayle and he flirted back. She glanced at his hand as it reached past her to grab some bread, his chest pressing against her back. She glanced at Kayle for a quick moment before looking over where Connor had vanished into a tent. As he ate it quickly, Fate’s gaze flicked to the other people at the table before she stiffened as Kayle noticed the sweater. He commented on it and her eyes quickly moved to Connor’s tent for a moment before her brown eyes flicked to the man beside them. He was fidgeting and glaring at her. Fate shifted uncomfortably, the fear inside her growing stronger. The man shook his head softly and she quickly looked away, her breathing picking up slightly before she tried to calm herself. She tugged at the sweater hem before she glanced back up at Kayle before she looked at her lap.
“Umm,” she started softly, unsure of how she should put it. How was she supposed to tell him that the man beside him had tried to rape her and Connor had helped her, giving her his sweater so she wasn’t completely naked. “It was because of him,” Fate said quietly, looking at the man beside them. “He, uh, he almost,” Fate’s eyes burned from tears she tried to hold back and her arms instinctively wrapped around herself. The man growled at her an Fate jumped, terror spiking within her and she started to shake again. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. “He almost.. Raped me...” she said in an almost whisper, “Connor helped me. And gave me this so I wasn’t, uh.. Naked,” she finished quietly, taking another breath to calm her nerves. She glanced at the man beside them, whose face was bright red with rage. She scooted away from him just as he leapt to his feet, growling, “She’s lying! I did no such thing!” he reached over in his fit of rage, grabbing Fate by her hair yanking her towards him. Fate yelped in surprise, trying to get away from the man, tears spilling down her cheeks. “She’s a lying bitch!” he growled, pulling her away from Kayle.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Kayle listened to her and his eyes snapped to the man almost instantly, their usually warm blue turning frighteningly darker. He was standing the next instant and his hands tightened into fists as he yanked Fate around. The blonde growled and reached out, untangling the man's hand from her hair and pushing her out of the way as he threw a punch at the man's jaw. He could have taken the brute, had he not drank his weight in mead. A couple hits and Kayle lost his balance, falling back against the table. Those sitting near the fight leapt up and stepped back as they cheered the two fighting on.

Connor tensed, his eyes lifting from his book as he heard the unruly hollering coming from outside the tent. He gritted his teeth and cast the book aside. He hated when the idiots fought while he was trying to read...

The blond brought his hand up to block the next punch and his fist cracked against the man's jaw audibly. Kayle scrambled to his feet and laughed despite his bloody nose, "come on, you little sissy, I know you've got better than that!" He teased.

Connor climbed out of his tent and went rigid at the sound of his brother's voice, fear gnawing at his stomach as he moved between the many tents and out where he could see the fight.

"Show me what you--," Kayle's words ended abruptly when the man hit him again, knocking him back against a tree. He grabbed at his shirt as the other man's fist met his ribs, coughing. "Kayle!" Connor called, already shoving past the crowd to get to the fight. He growled once he reached the two and yanked the attacker off of his brother. He didn't bother hitting him, but threw him to the ground and turned back to Kayle. "You damned idiot..." He muttered as he pulled his sleeve down over his palm and pressed it against the bleeding scrape under Kayle's eye.

[[ Sorry, I kinda went off on a tangent on that one... *sends self to the corner* ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:32 am

Fate heard Kayle jump to his feet and soon the man’s hand was free from her hair. She was pushed away and her dark eyes widened in surprise as she saw Kayle throw a punch at the guy. She winced as it connected, though obviously wasn’t as strong as it would if he was sober. She swiped the tears away and glanced at the group who had surrounded them, cheering them on. She shook her head slightly and took a deep breath, calming herself before she slowly pushed her way through the crowd. Though she didn’t exactly like Kayle a whole lot, she didn’t want him to get seriously injured because of her. She pushed through the, squeezing through the gaps in the crowd before she got through, almost stumbling. However, before she could even try to do anything, Connor had thrown the man to the ground and was pressing his sleeve against a cut that was bleeding rather badly.
She looked at the group who soon dispersed with mutters and sighs. She glanced at the other man who was glaring at all three of them before he left them alone. Fate crouched down, watching Kayle for a moment before looking at Connor. “Is he going to alright?” she asked Connor softly before she looked at Kayle, “I’m sorry, I didn’t think. I should’ve known he’d react like that. I didn’t mean for you to get hurt,” she said softly, glancing between Connor and Kayle.

(haha, it's alright)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 am

Kayle tried to push Connor off of him but the dark-haired man persisted, moving a hand to his shoulder to keep him pressed against the bark of the tree. "He'll be fine," Connor answered Fate and stepped back, letting Kayle stumble forward on his own accord. The blond grasped at his brother when he realized he wasn't all that steady and leaned against his smaller frame. With a quiet grunt, Connor shifted beneath Kayle's weight and looped an arm around his middle to keep him upright. "Don't feel bad, Fate. This was anything but your fault. My brother is an arrogant fool, and a fight would have most likely happened anyway," he told her and he rolled his brilliant green eyes as if he could care less, but he failed to hide how shaken he was after seeing Kayle this way. He adjusted his hold on his brother again and moved to lead him over by the tents.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:37 pm

Fate watched Connor as he spoke to her, cringing slightly at Kayle stumbled forward when the smaller brother stepped away. When Connor spoke again, saying it wasn’t her fault, Fate gave a soft sigh. She believed that a fight would’ve happened anyway, but she didn’t believe that it wasn’t her fault. She shook her head softly and stared at Connor, noticing how shaken he really was. As they walked past them, she reached up towards Connor, but she hesitated and her fingers merely grazed his arm. She watched them as they walked off and she looked down at her hand, turning her palm up and stared at it for a long moment before she followed after them slowly. She ran a hand through her auburn hair, combing out a few knots with her fingers. She shook her head and looked at the brothers’ backs, wondering what it was about Connor that intrigued her. He was so different, and she felt some sort of connection between them. Whether Connor acknowledged it or even noticed it, it was there. Even if she wanted it or not.

(Sorry >.<)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Connor could hear her following him and he didn't mind, really. He made it to his tent and opened it, letting Kayle climb inside before he followed him and glanced out at Fate. "You can come in, if you want," he offered her before scooting back in the tent and reaching over, digging through his bag for a cloth. Finding it, Connor took it out and turned to Kayle, only to find that he'd passed out already. He sighed and moved over, lifting Kayle's head and setting it on his own leg so he could easily clean up his scrapes.

[[ Bah, sorry, hah ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Fate followed the brothers in silence, her mind a tangle of thoughts. What would she do if another man tried to rape her? She was fine tonight because Connor had been nearby and had saved her. But what if next time, she wasn’t so lucky? What would she do then? She shook her head quickly, trying to keep her thoughts from going any further. She looked up and saw they were at Connor’s tent. She stopped outside, unsure and she looked around, wondering what she should do now. However, Connor looked back at her and said she could come in. Fate gave a slight nod of thanks and stepped in, kneeling on the ground just beside the entrance. She watched as Connor tried to find something before she looked at Kayle, who was out cold. She gave a soft sigh and looked at the tent for a quick moment as Connor put his brother’s head on his leg.
She bowed her head slightly, staring at her lap as she quietly said, “I didn’t expect that, you know.. I never thought that Kayle would get angry over something about me,” she said, closing her eyes for a moment. As she opened them, she raised her head to look at Kayle for a moment, before her dark eyes turned back to focus on Connor. “The same with you.. I know you’ve been helping me a lot since I’ve been here, but I honestly didn’t think you’d step in and stop.. that man..” her eyes searched his green ones for a moment longer, before she looked away, ducking her head slightly. She honestly would trust Connor with her life, but she hadn't expected him to step in like that. But she had greatfully been proven wrong.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Connor cleaned the blood from his brother's face and wounds, occasionally looking up at Fate spoke. He shrugged at her words and looked down again. "In a way, he sees you as his. Kayle is... incredibly protective of the things he considers his own and will often take the task of keeping them safe it incredible lengths. And no, I don't mean that he wants you. Like in any kind of creepy way. But I think he considers you a friend, and perhaps a sibling, even if you hardly know him. He feels responsible for you and will therefore fight to keep you safe," he explained quietly and set the soiled rag aside. Connor pulled his bag close to him again and searched through it. "As for me..." He hesitated a long moment, and his lips twitched oddly as he ran through his labyrinthine mind searching for a proper answer. "I just... acted on instinct, I suppose. And I don't like the sorry excuse of a man who attacked you anyway," he murmured. Pulling out a series of bandages, he returned to his work tending to his brother's scrapes.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Fate blinked in surprise to his words and she stared down at the larger man. Even if that was the case, she still didn’t really like him. Maybe it was because he had decided on his own and forced her to come along with them that she didn’t like him, she didn’t know. All she knew was, that though Kayle had his alright moments, she still did not like him and would prefer it if he had left her alone, hiding in that tree that morning instead of taking her with him. She vaguely wondered what she’d be doing right now if that was the case. Would she have made a home in some secluded village, living an outwardly peaceful life whilst actually constantly thinking of her parents? Maybe she’d even be happy doing whatever she may have been doing had she been left alone. Fate sighed softly, tugging at the hem of the sweater, something which seemed to be a cause of being uncomfortable, upset or thinking about something and lost in her thoughts. She shook her head slightly and looked back at Connor just as he started speaking. She cocked her head to the side as she listened.
She stared at Connor for a moment, trying to decipher his words. He acted upon instinct? What did he mean by that? She closed her eyes as he said it was also because he didn’t like the man. She opened her eyes after thinking about his words for a minute or so before she looked outside the tent, into the campsite where people were slowly parting and going to bed. There were only a few people scattered about, having fairly quiet conversations. Turning back to Connor, Fate ran a hand through her hair, rubbing at her eyes for a moment with the balls of her hands. “Well then, Connor, I’ve got to thank you for acting on your instincts. I don’t overly want to imagine what would’ve happened if you didn’t,” she said lightly with a smile.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Connor didn't seem to be waiting for a reply, and was perfectly comfortable with the silence. He finished with Kayle and pushed him over at bit to the side of the tent so he didn't take up the whole space. Shifting, the raven-like man rolled his shoulders and leaned back on his palms. Her words made him chuckle lightly and look down at his boots as he rubbed them together. "Good thing you don't have to, right?" He said for lack of anything better to say and lifted his gaze to hers.

[[ ERG I'm going to murder my muse if it ever comes back to me... *sigh* ]]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Fate watched as he pushed Kayle to the side and then leaned back on his palms. When he replied to her, she grinned lightly with a nod, “That’s true,” she said lightly. She met his gaze evenly for a moment before she smiled gently at him. She watched him for a long while before she stared at her lap. Who knows how long passed in comfortable silence before, without even realising it, Fate drifted into a light sleep. Around half hour later, she woke with a start and she blinked, staring at Connor. “Um, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to,” she said, glancing away momentarily, “I guess I’m more tired than I previously thought,” she said with a sheepish laugh, looking back at his green.

(gosh, same here >.<)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:54 pm

He hadn't realized he was hanging on her words until she dozed off. Connor smiled faintly at her and reached over for the book he'd been reading before the fight broke out and he was interrupted. Pulling his knees a bit closer to his chest, the man passed the time easily by reading and had hardly noticed the half hour had gone by when Fate spoke again. Chaotic emerald eyes flickered up over the top of the old book and met Fate's, a little distracted by the sentence he'd been reading but otherwise clear. "Hmm? Oh," he shrugged, "it's no big deal. You may sleep here if you want, I don't mind." Connor told her quietly before letting his eyes wander back to his book.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Fate gave a soft half smile to the man as he spoke, saying she could sleep here if she wanted. She had no other place to sleep. “You sure?” she asked, however, when he didn’t answer, Fate gave a light yawn as she shifted slightly to lay on the ground and she whispered, “thanks,” just as she fell asleep.

She woke up early the next morning and she moved to sit up with a stretch. She blinked, clearing her vision as she looked over at Connor with a slight smile, rubbing her eyes lightly, “thanks for letting me sleep here,” she said softly. To be honest, she didn’t even remember when she fell asleep. She looked outside, to see the sun hadn’t quite started rising yet. Fate ran a hand through her auburn hair lightly, her dark, crimson/brown eyes turning back to look at Connor. It seemed as if he had stayed in the same spot all night, though she didn’t question why. “did you get enough sleep?” she asked him quietly, glancing at Kayle momentarily before looking back at Connor again, focusing her attention on him.

(Ew, such a bad post >.< sorry bout that)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7