Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

Post by Daydreamer Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:46 pm

The hut’s atmosphere turned to quite a tense one. The chief eye’s followed Orrow out; he couldn’t mask the dislike in them anymore, even more so when he practically pushed Aliya over. She sent him a look of gratitude before steadying herself up and giving a last concerned glance at her father. He just gave a nod, and a bit of a smile. Aliya mentally shrugged and went outside to Alibi, grabbing a pail full of water and a brush humming to herself as she stroked her mare. Orrow just stood outside his own tent, facing the chiefs hut with a look so full of rage, when Aliya noticed it, she was honestly concerned for her father, and for Shiye. She had no idea what Orrow was capable of, and it seemed that his greed for power was starting to make him blind to what was right and wrong.

Back in the hut, the chief watched Shiye’s reaction to the scroll he could tell that the man was not absolutely jumping for joy at the idea, and the chief couldn’t help but feel sorry for his daughter and Shiye. The children of chiefs, being thrown around doing what was best for the tribe. He couldn’t help but put an arm on Shiye’s shoulder, a gesture of friendship in the tribe, and looked at him with troubled eyes. “I know you are not blind” he said his voice gruff. “You can see the trouble my tribe is in, I need to do what is best for them, do not think I am stupid Shiye. Orrow will destroy this tribe, I hoped that with the added responsibility he would think of his actions better” he lowered his hand and his eyes taking a step back. “That did not happen; the Creator seems to be testing our spirits, as well as my daughters the most” He couldn’t help but smile, “She is a beautiful women now, full of spirit, sometimes I cannot handle her, she is too headstrong like her mother” he said and looked sad. “Orrow will take that spirit out of her and crush her, You must of seen the mark he has already left on the child” he said quietly, as if ashamed that he could not help his daughter. “I am getting old, I need a successor, you would be a lucky man to have my daughter’s hand, I know that this isn’t what you want, but the spirits have given you a duty, being born into your position” His eyes could not mask the guilt that was running through his body. Here he was again, ruining the life of a young warrior, through forceful marriage, but this was the only option he could see that would keep his tribe safe. He gave him a nod of respect, “I accept the offer of your father, but Shiye you must be alright with this completely, I will not force another soul into doing something they do not want to do”. This was the only way Orrow wouldn’t bring war onto the tribe, and the chief knew that was he was doing was the right thing. Only if Shiye would accept this responsibility, he knew Aliya would not be happy with him, but Shiye would treat her better than Orrow he could see that. He needed to do what he thought he was best. He kept repeating these few words in his head, looking at Shiye with hope.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

Post by Tayssi Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Shiye was startled by the chief's sudden gesture of friendship, but he soon noticed the troubled look in his eyes as he spoke. The man stayed silent, listening to him, his mind spinning. Reeling over a jumble of questions that seemed to trip over one another, the words tangling together an forming incoherent sentences. Clearing his mind, he focused on the chief's words, deciding he'd let his mind wander later on. At the words 'Do not think I am stupid Shiye', he wanted to interrupt, to tell him he did not think the aging man stupid, but he bit his tongue and stayed silent, not willing to utter a word. He glanced at his hand when it dropped from his shoulder and Shiye took a small step back, watching as the chief did that as well before he continued to speak, his eyes on the ground. As he spoke about Aliya, the man couldn't help the smile that spread across his face. She certainly was headstrong and he wasn't wrong when he said she was beautiful. However, when he mentioned that the mark on Aliya had been from Orrow, Shiye's smile vanished, turning into a deep frown. Why had Aliya lied to him? And how did the arrogant man think he could do that to her? His brows furrowed at the thought, suddenly feeling the desire to hit Orrow - and Shiye wasn't a violent person. Not one bit, but the fact that Orrow had hit Aliya made him want to hit the man back.
When the chief finally fell silent for a while, Shiye couldn't think of anything to say to him. But then he said he accepted the offer, but only if Shiye did. Shiye took a step back, alarmed by his words. Silence crept between them for a while before he ran a hand through his hair, thinking. He watched the chief for a long moment before he sighed heavily and nodded. "No, it's fine. I am fine with it. Honestly. I will let my father know that you have accepted the proposal as soon as I go back," Shiye told him. "Should I tell Aliya, or did you want to that?" Shiye asked the chief, "or should we call her in here?" To be honest, Shiye felt sorry for Aliya. He had accepted the fact, but he knew how against getting married she was. He did wish there was another way, but the best he could do was let her have as much freedom as she wanted.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:05 pm

The chief nodded his head; relief seemed to flood his eyes, now all he had to do was deal with Orrow. Honestly, he had been wishing he could do this ever since the marriage proposal between him and Aliya had been announced. He sent up a prayer, “I’m glad you have decided this, it is what is best for both our tribe’s the peace between us will now be everlasting” he said his voice hopefully. He shook his head, “I think It would be best if you spoke to her yourself, you seem to have a friendship between you, she would take it better from you” he said. “Return to your father, and tell him we have accepted his proposal and you may return whenever you please, we shall have the celebration here, you are a welcome member of this tribe” The chief said bowing his head slightly, in welcome. He looked up, “Oh and Shiye, before I announce this to the tribe, send Orrow in here… I would like to share some words with him” he said his eyes grew cold with just the thought of the man. “it is time he was put in his place” he said as if only half to himself. With that the conversation was over, and he dismissed Shiye with a wave of his hand.

Aliya was sitting upon a large rock with Alibi standing next to her. She was staring at the hut that her father and Shiye were talking in. The curiosity was burning inside her, she wanted to know what was being said behind the closed animal skin. What would Shiye have to come all this way back for, the peace treaty was already signed. Did they need the tribes help in some way? She doubted that, his tribe was too proud to ask for help, and Aliya was quite sure that wasn’t the case. She glanced back over at Orrow who was standing in the exact same position as before, barely moving but just staring at the hut with a large frown, his permanent expression. Aliya sighed, well whatever it was about, she probably shouldn’t be too worried about it, she had her own problems to deal with. She looked at Alibi giving a stroke on the nose, “Well there’s no point staring at the hut waiting for him to come out, why don’t we go for a swim” She said to the mare. The sun was at its highest point, and Aliya could feel her skin soaking in the rays, a swim sounded marvelous to her. She grabbed some mane and swung her leg over , trotting off towards the large stream. Orrow noticed her departure and without even looking at her asked, “Where are you going?” in his signature rough voice. Aliya looked down at him with eyes narrowed, “Does it matter? I’m not going to stand out here waiting for them to finish why don’t you go do something productive” she almost muttered to herself before making her way.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Shiye nodded to the chief's words about peace. That was what his own father's wish had been. For peace. His father may be arrogant and stubborn, but he knew that uniting the two tribes was for the best. This would cause less wars. There was still the obvious threat of other tribes but Sage Mountains and White Water were two of the strongest tribes and uniting them made for stronger defence should others attack. And kept both tribes intact; war now impossible between them. The chief soon told him to tell Aliya himself and to return to his father to tell him the good news. The young man nodded with a light smile before he turned to leave. But the chief told him to send Orrow inside. Shiye's gaze went cold and he gave a tight nod, obviously not liking the idea of having to talk to that man, but knowing the chief needed to speak to him. He glanced back at the chief momentarily, "very well then," he said , not even bothering to hide the distaste in his tone before he stepped out of the tent and looked around, trying to locate the vile man.
He soon saw him glaring at the tent and Shiye groaned before he turned and strode towards him just as he saw Aliya leave. He stopped a few metres from the man, glancing at where Aliya had gone before looking back at Orrow. "The chief would like to speak to you. Now," he told him, his voice low and hands bunched in fists with the need to punch the stupid man. But he held back and instead, he turned and went to find Etu. Once he found the paint stallion, he vaulted onto his back and nudged him into a canter, following the tracks Alibi had left behind. He soon came to a large river and slowed Etu to a halt before he slid from his back. A moment later, something crashed into the back of his legs and he stumbled forward, crying out in alarm. He fell forward, catching himself on his hands and knees before he glanced behind him to see a slightly disorientated Talutah. He sighed and shook his head before he stood up and brushed himself off.
He looked around and once he located Aliya, he walked over to her. "um, hi," he said awkwardly, not exactly sure as to how he should tell her. 'I found out what was on my father's scroll. And guess what? We're to get married!'... Yeah, that would totally go really well. He could already imagine Aliya's reaction to that and he couldn't help but sigh at the thought. He honestly had no idea what to tell her.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Orrow stood seeing Shiye come towards him, he sent him a glare, hatred fuming behind his eyes. Honestly he had no good reason to hate the amount that he did, but he was in the way. He knew that he was the only thing standing in between him and taking over the tribe, and once he did he would call off the peace treaty between the two tribe’s. It made them look weak, he gave himself a smile as he thought of taking over White Water, and then maybe moving on to Sage Mountains. It wasn’t enough… he wanted the whole land to be his. When Shiye spoke to him, he could almost spit on the man, he didn’t answer he just walked past him into the chiefs hut, not realizing that everything he had been working for was about to be lost. He walked into the chief’s hut, whose eyes blazed. “What was that about what did he want” The chief crossed his arms and took a stance, “You… you have turned this tribe upside down Orrow,  you have made life for Aliya hell recently this past month, I can have no greater thing to say but you will not be marrying my daughter Aliya, you will not be the next Chief” he said a smile turning up the corners of his mouth. "We will unite the tribe of Sage Mountain and White Water through marriage, Shiye will be the one to win my daughter's hand in marriage, he will bring peace, while you would only bring destruction" Orrow just stood still, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing, the shock took over, before his rage blew up. “What… how dare you, No you cannot do that I’m already set to marry her, this tribe will crumble without my leadership” his voice rising. “No, its not going to happen not while I’m alive” he said without even waiting for a reply. He was turning red from the anger, "You will regret this, I promise you will regret this” he said before storming off. He would make them all pay, Shiye, the cheif and Aliya they would all suffer under his hand.

Aliya slid of Alibi’s back into the water, the water felt amazing on her long bare legs, her long red hair cascading down her back as she tasseled it with her fingers. It was such a strange colour for the Aboriginals, she had it after her mother. An genetic mutation, that was so exotic in her tribe.She wondered what her father and her Shiye were talking about, the curiosity was eating her alive. Right when it crossed her mind he saw Shiye cantering towards her in the distance, she got out of the river slightly stumbling along. She saw Talutah out of the corner of her crash onto Shiye and let out a laugh seeing him fall to the ground. She walked up to him, and then stopped and cocked her head slightly in confusion she started to feel concerned and raised an eyebrow at him… “Shiye…” she said slowly, “What happened in there, what did you and my father talk about?” She asked her wet hair still dripping around her.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Shiye watched Aliya as she climbed from the water and walked towards him, her red hair now wet and clinging to her skin. He had heard her laugh at him when he had fallen, but he said nothing about it, pressing his lips into a thin line momentarily before sighing ever so softly. She soon stopped in front of him and cocked her head to the side. Shiye kind of hoped she wouldn't ask what had happened, but, of course, it didn't go that way and she asked exactly that. He distracted himself for a few moments, delaying the inevitable. He watched Talutah as she ran around, chasing some kind of bug that flew just out of her reach. He watched her for a moment before he gave a heavy sigh and turned his gaze back to Aliya, a scratching the back of his neck nervously. "Well.. About that..." he started and shifted his gaze to the ground, hand dropping back to his side. But he just felt so awkward at that moment. "I read what was on the scroll...One good thing is you don't have to marry Orrow," he said and then ran a hand down his face, looking away. "But, um.. Instead.. You're to marry... Me?" the last part coming out as more of a question. Dropping his hand to his side once more Shiye looked at the ground for a long moment.
"I'm sorry, Aliya! I know you don't want to get married to anyone, but.. I can't fight my father on this, I know I can't.. And I figured you'd prefer.. me.. over Orrow and your father saw it as a way out of Orrow becoming chief, and to make the tribes stronger.. and.. and," Shiye shut himself up, realizing that he was babbling and he couldn't help but glance up at Aliya to see her reaction, expecting her to hit him or something like that. He couldn't really blame her if she wanted to do that. He wasn't sure if he could blame her for what ever her reaction might be towards the news..
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:49 pm

“Shiye…..?” Aliya said seeing that he was really putting off whatever he wanted to tell him, it was making her really nervous.  What was he going to tell her? She could feel the tense and awkward atmosphere around them, and she crossed her hands over her chest, trying to meet his gaze, but he didn’t even seem to want to do that. She heard him say the good news about Orrow and she stopped. “What…. Really?” she said in shock, she couldn’t believe it… but … why? She knew this just couldn’t of happened of the blue. There had to be catch to this, her father wouldn’t let the tribe run without a leader. She then listened to the rest of what Shiye said. “Oh…” she said… “oh…” she didn’t really know what to say, and she felt that awkwardness now and lowered her eyes, not wanting to meet Shiye’s. Honestly she didn’t know how to respond, she was glad she didn’t have to marry Orrow but at the same time, she kind of felt sorry for Shiye now. Yea okay, they hadn’t known each other for very long, but they were friends … but not in that kind of way. She rubbed her arm, still incredibly unsure of what to say.

“No Shiye… don’t apologize, I’m sorry you got involved with this.” She said quietly. She couldn’t help but think that he probably had a woman in his own tribe that he saw a future with. Not her, the gangly, stubborn, hard-headed, girl from a different tribe. She sighed and put her palm on her head. “Yea… you do have some qualities in you that Orrow seems to lack” she said with a bit of a nervous laugh.  She could see why her father did this, it made sense. Shiye was a strong leader, and it would unite the two tribes, the peace between them would now be a long one, but they were doing this at their expense and she let out a sigh. “I have to ask Shiye… how you honestly feel about this.” She said a bit of a mumble and she kept looking down.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3