Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Shiye glanced at Aliya as she spoke and nodded softly in acknowledgement. A woman going out and hunting was indeed unusual, but he had heard about Aliya. So he guessed she was an exception to the rule. Well, obviously, she was. She was allowed to go hunting. Silence passed between them for a few long moments and Shiye looked ahead, watching Talutah.
Then Aliya spoke about him and Shiye looked at her. He chuckled softly, "Yeah, I guess so. But i've grown up with them, so they seem normal to me. Just an every day to day thing, now," he said with a smile.
Shiye did most of the work around the tribe. He looked after people, did everything his father told him and did most of his father's work. Shiye was already basically chief now, but his father still punished people. Not very kindly, either. Shiye hated the way his father treated people and he couldn't wait until he overtook his father and became chief himself. Just to turn the Sage Mountain tribe around and make it a peaceful tribe which other tribes wouldn't fear terrified to enter if needing to pass on a message.
"I hope that I can become chief soon. The way Sage Mountain is right now isn't how I want it to be. Most people in my tribe aren't actually mean people, but it's due to my father that it has the reputation that it does today," Shiye said and looked across at Aliya again for a moment before looking ahead.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Collision, of White Water, and Sage Mountains, (Tayssi)

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Aliya glanced at him, she could see the surprise in his eyes, she smiled to herself, in her tribe it was usuall to see her coming back from a hunting trip or even working with the younger boys on how to handle a sword, from other tribe's it was just downright wrong. She shrugged inwardly and kept Alibi walking at a steady pace, as she tried to pull forward. He spoke of the responsibilites, like he was fond of them. "Don't you wish you could get away from them though?" she asked him a little surprised herself. She carried her's as a burden, but he carried them with pride.

She cocked her head slightly, "You have a good heart" she said softly before looking down at Alibi's mane. "I mean, wanting to change your tribe like that, for the better" she turned back to the road ahead of her, the sun had now reached it's peak and the heat was pretty bad, even worse that there were no shadow's on the prairie. She was use to it, but she wondered how Shiye would take it.

(ugh SSS...)
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Shiye glanced at Aliya again as she asked whether he wanted to get away from them. He glanced down at Etu with a gentle smile. "I do, sometimes. But then I'll see the harsh ways my father treats everyone in the tribe and I want to stop it. If I can make everyone in the tribe happy, then what does it matter if I like it or not?" he said and looked across at Aliya. As she said he had a good heart, wanting to change his tribe.
"I can see where you're coming from, though. You probably want to escape from your responsibilities. To leave them all behind and be a normal person. But then again, you have it harder. You probably have to marry someone you don't even like," Shiye said and sighed. The heat wasn't very nice, but he could take it, atleast. He looked down at Etu and could see that the heat saw getting to him more then anyone. He forgot that the only times Etu ever left Sage Mountains was when it was cool.
He wasn't a horse for the heat. He could take it and wouldn't complain but Shiye knew it wasn't good for him. The man slid from the horse's back and landed on the ground. He stroked the stallion's neck and walked beside him. Etu may not be a horse for the heat, but he could take the cold. Whereas, Aliya's mare probably couldn't take the temperatures on a cold day in Sage Mountains.
Shiye sighed and looked ahead at Talutah. He walked beside Etu and kept pace with Alibi. It helped when yhe had to work alot. He was fitter then most int he tribe.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:34 pm

She smiled at him, she didn't think that's what Orrow wanted to do, she knew that he would destroy the tribe with violence and war if he became the cheif. She wasn't just going to obey her father, when he was so blind to the man's biggest faults. She couldn't help but sigh just thinking about it.
Her gaze hardened the moment Shiye started to speak of the arranged marriage her father had set out of her. "yes, I do" she said breaking away from his gaze and staring ahead of her. She did wish she could be a normal girl sometimes, and the biggest worry she'd gave is what colour beads to put on a new necklace. Then, that was never the way fate had planned her life, and there was nothing she could do about it now, although she was still stuck with the issue of what she was going to do. She couldn't hold off it any longer, but there were no other men who were fit to lead. She shuddered imagining her life with Orrow.
She turned seeing that Shiye had dismounted. Etu was covered in sweat. She frowned and look at Shiye, "There's river not far from here, we can stop and water the horses" she said quickly. Over the horizon, she could see the faint outline of the mountains, she looked at the marvelous tall giants ahead. "They look so small from here" she could help but mutter.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Shiye glanced at Aliya as her voice hardened and he sighed softly. Nice going there, Shiye. Real smooth. He walked in silence for a few more moments before Aliya noticed them again and she spoke about water. The stallion's ears seemed to prick forward at the mention of it. He flicked his tail impatiently and Shiye chuckled.
Then he heard Aliya's comment about the mountains. He looked over at them and smiled, "Yeah, they do seem small, don't they?" he said with a light laugh. He ran a hand over Etu's sweat covered neck just s the river came into view. Shiye walked over and watched as Etu lowered his head and started to drink. He then looked over at Talutah as the fae drank the water slowly.
Shiye smiled and glanced at the mare and girl before walking over to the wolf. She looked up slightly as the man made his way over before lowering her head again. Shiye crouched down next to the wolf and watched her for a moment. Then he suddenly splashed her.
Talutah stumbled back, yelping in surprise before she looked at Shiye. She then rolled in the river, soaking up the water in her fur. then she stood up and shook herself off, spraying Shiye everywhere with water. Shiye laughed and splashed the wolf again before he ran a hand through her now wet fur. The wolf looked up at him with bright, intelligent eyes. For sure, Shiye was lucky to have been chosen by such a wolf as Talutah.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:44 am

Aliya couldn't help but gaze at the mountains with wonder, what would it be like over there? She also wondered what the people of the Sage Mountains Tribe were like. She saw the river and smiled herself. She loved water, and spent most of her free time by the river, in her village. Alibi trotted over to it and lowered her neck to drink. Aliya slid of her back, landing on her toes she stepped into the river herself. Taking one of the deer-skined canteen's and drinking some of the water out of it. "Would you like some?" she motioned to Shiye.

She looked at the man and wolf who were now splashing each other, she couldn't help but let out a laugh as she watched them. Her feet were still in the water, so she got some of the spray herself. "How did this happen, I mean, how did you become so close with a wolf" she asked him curiously. Most of the wolves in her village were vicsious so she still couldn't quite grasp the fact, that Shiye had a companion as a wolf.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:43 pm

He hadn't heard Aliya as she spoke the first time. Though, as she asked about how he had come to have Talutah as a companion. Shiye turned his attention from the wolf to the woman, looking up at her for a moment before he had water splash all over his face. Shiye blinked in surprise, running a hand over his face to get rid of most of the water. He glanced over to see Talutah sitting there looking triumphant. He sighed softly and then grinned before he looked back at Aliya. Then he simply shrugged and looked back at the fae.
"Honestly?" he said after a few moments of silence, "I have no idea. I was with Etu when I first met her. We were going through the forest and we were ambushed by the biggest pack of Sage Mountains. Talutah had been the lead female in it. I have no idea how it happened, but she just came up and sniffed me and then got the rest of the pack to back off. Since then, she just followed me. Wouldn't leave me alone, so I decided to see if she'd accept a name, which she did. took a while for her to find one she liked, though. Then she just started listening to anything I told her to do. To say it was unusual is an understatement. It was an accident I guess you could say. I never trusted her at first, but it worked out to be like this, I guess," he explained and then ruffled the wet fur atop of Talu's head.
He looked back at Aliya and smiled, standing back up. "She's a bit of a weird wolf, alright. I ave no idea why she chose me of all people. There are others in my tribe better suited for someone like her," Shiye said lightly with a grin.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Alibi drank for a while longer before raising her head looking at Aliya, and nudging her softly with her nose. Aliya took her hand and rubbed her nose, and the mare let out a content sigh. Aliya smiled moving one of her feet in a circular motion around the water. She didn't know whether or not this was the last river the would meet on their journey so she made sure she filled all of them with the fresh cold water.

Aliya listened intently to the story, her blue eyes wide. She had never heard of a wolf choosing a human. Maybe her own tribe could try to tame the wolves outside of her village, maybe then they'd be less of a nuisance and danger. She raised her head "What do you mean by that? Others better suited for her?" she asked curiously. She herself wondered what the people of the Sage Mountains were like. Were they calm and non hostile as her own tribe?
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Shiye smiled at Talutah and then when Aliya spoke, he turned his attention to her, listening to watch she ahd to say. He then shrugged softly and grinned, "Talutah is a stubborn, rough house of a wolf who likes to fight, whereas I avoid fights, or violence in general. We're polar opposites and yet she stays by my side. The people in my tribe are basically exactly like her. I'm not the type of person she should be with. I just hold her back, really, from who she really is," Shiye explained, smiling lightly atAliya.
He looked over at the mountains and sighed softly. As Etu came over and lipped at his shoulder, snortingin impatience, Ahiye laughed softly and then vauled onto his back, "I guess we better head off now," he said. A warm wind blew througth the land and Etu pawed the ground. Shiye knew he wanted to get back to the cold lands of the mountains. Shiye looked at Aliya, waiting for her with a patient, gentle expressions/
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Aliya listened with an intent expression on her face. She narrowed her eyes slightly, "So I guess your tribe's a litte agressive there" she said with a small chuckle. She saw, that they had now neared the border to the two separate lands. She looked at Shiye, she kind of regretted the fact that she wasn't going to be abe to get to known Shiye, he seemed like a very kind, patient and gentle person. She didn't know anyone in her tribe like that. She would have to go back to usual, and she knew however much she fought. Orrow would eventually become cheif, and her husband whether she liked it or not. She couldn't help but sigh. She was stubborn but she couldn't fight her father forever. She nodded her head, "Good-bye Shiye, hopefully we'll see each other someday again" she said with a small smile as she gave Alibi a pat on the neck as she shivered some of the cold mountain air was already blowing towards them.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Shiye nodded at her first statement. Completely true. His tribe was aggressive. And rash. Under his father's rule, however, it had gotten worse. Not better. Grunting lightly at the thought, he looked up at the mountains as they came closer, the border nearing them. Then Aliya spoke again and then he remember her father hadn't allowed her to come over the border. He did nothing for a moment, but then he reached over and gripped her shoulder lightly for a moment, before moving it to hold her hand in both of his, larger hands, in a simple, kind gesture. He looked at Aliya and smiled. "I'm sure we will, Aliya... No, I promise we will see eachother again," he said and a moment later, he dropped her hand. Talu ran ahead, into the mountains and Shiye gave a nod to Etu and with little encouragement and the stallion took off with a speed most horses - none in his tribe - could match, leaving a thin veil of dust behind them.
Shiye glanced back quickly for a moment, before he turned his attention back to Talu who ran infront of them with such grace in was hard to imagine she was once a wolf who had tried destroy his tribe. Shiye grinned at the thought and urged Etu to go faster before they vanished into the mountain trees. Soon enough, they came to his tribe and Etu skidded to a halt and Shiye jumped off. Talu following, he went into his father's hut just as he said, "You are late," but Shiye just grunted in response. He handed the scroll which had their agreement to the treaty to his father, "It took longer then expected, chief,"
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:21 am

Aliya looked at him, with regret. She nodded her head and didn't hold back a small smile. She felt his hand on her shoulder, then when he took her hand in both of his, she couldn't help but feel a blush creep onto her cheeks. She smiled at him, "I'll hold you to that then" she said quietly. She watched at the border, standing still with Alibi, until he vanished into the mountains. She patted her on the neck, "Alright, lets go home girl" she said turning her around and keeping her at a nice steady trot.

At sundown, they had finally reached the tribe, she got a few greeting calls from some of her tribe mates and she nodded her head in response. She gave Alibi to one of the men who took her. She started to walk towards her father's hut. Once she entered, "Father im back" she said, and to her surprise both Orrow and her father were talking. The cheif looked up and smiled. She caught Orrow's frowning glance and quickly looked back at her father. "Ill come back later," she started to trail off having to intention of staying for this conversation.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:36 am

Saying nothing more, Shiye watched his father for a moment longer before he stood up from his kneeling position and dusted himself off. Suddenly, his father said, "You need to find someone to marry, Shiye. I can't lead the tribe for much longer and it would but in peace of mind, knowing that you'll have someone you can bear a child with, to have a successor to chief," the man looked up at his son expectantly, thinking that he would go along with this like all of his other schemes. "No, father. There is noone in the tribe that I am willing to take as my mate," Shiye replied, turning to leave. "What about the woman of the White Water tribe? What was her name? Aliya? What about her? She was the chief's daughter, right?" He said, a slight sharpness to his tone.
Shiye hesitated for a moment. Aliya? Seriously? Sure, she seemed like a nice woman, but he didn't know her. "No, I don't know her," Shiye then walked out, ignoring the chief as he yelled, "you're going to marry her, whether you like it or not, Shiye! Unless you choose a woman yourself!"
Shiye sighed and walked over to Etu and took over from the man who had taken him. He brushed the paint stallion down and gave him some cool water and some food before he went and checked on Talutah. As usual, she was lying in his tent, staring at the enterance with hostile eyes, growling when Shiye opened it, but stopped when she saw it was him. Shiye grinned and ruffled the wolf's head before also giving her some water and some meat.
Soon nightfall came and Shiye went to sleep rather quickly. He hadn't noticed how much the day had worn him out.

~~~~

Three weeks passed without event, no word from the White Waters about anything and not a word from his father. An uneventful three weeks. It didn't last too long, however, because his father called him in to see him. Shiye sat down to side of the hut's enterance and looked at the chief. "Yes, sir?" he asked, watching his father carefully. What did he want now? "Take this to the White Water Tribe. It is of utmost importance for only the chief and elders to see," his father demanded harshly, before walking over and giving the young man a scroll.
Shiye nodded carefully and took it, leaving with a simple, "yes, sir," he gave both wolf and horse water and food before he went and had his own. An hour later, 2 hours after daybreak, Shiye got Etu ready and headed off imediately.

By the time they arrived anywhere near the White Water tribe, horse and rider were covered in a thin veil of sweat. Talutah was too, but it only showed as a wet kind of glistening to her fur. Though she was panting. Dismounting the stallion, Shiye decided to walk the rest of the way. His curiousity as to what the scroll said burned through him, but should he look at it and anyone find out, he was be punished.
Little did Shiye know, it was a marriage proposal for Shiye and Aliya, to unite both tribes to become something stronger. Soon enough he came to the tribe and asked to see the chief. When he would be able to see him, he would immediately give him the scroll and whatever it said inside and leave.

(Well, this was just something to pass the time for now. It can't happen right away xD They could reject the offer and if you wish, the Sage Mountains could become hostile and declare war. I don't mind whether they don't. It's up to you how this passes along.)
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:54 am

Aliya raised an eyebrow at her father as she started to step out of the tent. "no Aliya, you need to speak with me and Orrow," Aliya looked at Orrow, not even trying to hide the glare behind her blue eyes as the flashed. "im tired after my journey, I don't wish to be disturbed". Before she could even walk out of the tent, she felt herself flung back. Not expecting that she stumbled in front of Orrow, he didn't let go of his grip. She was shocked, how dare he touch her like that! "oh I wouldn't don that if I were you" she said, reaching for her dagger that was under her dress, wrapped around her leg jut waiting to be used.

The chief knew what was coming and he took a step towards them, "okay that's enough, why don't you let her go" he said looking sad. Aliya just glared at him, show grabbed the dagger and spun around to face Orrow, the grip on her shoulder had been tight, and she had wrenched it to get away. She looked at him eyes blazing. Orrow took a step towards her, "this is for. The good of the tribe" he said but Aliya finally understood what that look in his eyes was. He was power hungry.

She took a step towards him, how could She have missed this. "you are not the right chief for this tribe," she said angry, "you just want to taken over, you are power hungry, Arrogant, greedy man" through her rant she started to drop her weapon and she was not ready for what Orrow did next. He struck her, hard against her cheek, with so much force that she stumbled back a couple of paces. She looked at him in shock. "Orrow get out" the chief said quietly, but he wouldn't meet Aliya's gaze.

She could feel it already swelling, and she pressed a hand to it. Orrow stepped around her and out of the tent, she looked at her father who wouldn't look at her, she understood they were going to force her into this. She also ran out of the tent, whistled for alibi, the white mare came running towards her. Aliya ran over to her and threw herself over her back, galloping towards the rivers. Tears streaming down her stinging cheek.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three weeks passed, it was calm in the white water tribe. Aliya opened her eyes, greeted to the kiss of he warm son. She sighed and got up, the hit from Orrow was hard, and there was still a small trace of it on the side of it, but nothing like he black eye she had the next day. Orrow and her father had been spending quite some time together.

Aliya was lost, she had to no clue what to do, the chief wouldn't listen to her, and everyone already had expected that or row was going to be the next chief, they were already acting like it. Aliya was also banned from weapon use. She still fumed over that as she learnt Orrow and her father had decided to keep her in the village. She was a warrior princess, they couldn't do that. Its what she lived for. She hadn't gone hunting in at least a week and it was killing her.

She sighed as she got up out of her bed, and walked out of the tent. She whistled for her mare and she came galloping over. They couldn't take her away from Aliya, not ever. She wound her fingers through. Her mane and jumped onto her beck swinging her leg around. They took off at a gallop, towards the river. When she got there, she. Slid of her back and sat down on a nearby rock, the only place she could think alone. She refused to think she was defeated. "oh alibi what am I going to do" she said lowering her head, and pulling up her knees to her chest. Alibi nuzzled her hair and nicked softly to her.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:15 pm

After giving the scroll to him, he left the White Water tribe's chief's hut, and Shiye stepped into the sun and sighed softly. Looking around, he walked over to Etu and helped with giving him some water whilst another man went and grabbed some hay. Nodding in silent agreement to eachother, Shiye left the stallion in the man's hands before he went to the edge of where the tribe stayed with a small bowl of water. He hadn't any meat. He'd have to find some later. Lowering the bowl to the ground after taking a sip himself, Shiye watched as Talutah quickly lapped it up.
He turned around and a woman took the bowl from him before glancing at the wolf then scurrying off. Shiye chuckled and looked at the wolf for a moment with a grin. Then he saw Aliya riding off on Alibi. What was she doing? He hesitated for a moment. He should leave her be. But before he could turn to walk off, Talu raced after her, her long legs carrying her quickly and silently. Growling to himself, Shiye quickly followed the wolf.
Soon enough he came to the place in which he first met Aliya and he grinned again. It seemed so far away. Like a distant memory. He was a little out of breath after trying his hardest to keep up with Talu. Probably a very dumb idea. Resting his hand on his knees, Shiye took a few deep, calming breath and then straightened himself and walked over to Aliya with Talu. He just managed to hear her words and he was confused for a moment. What happened? Glancing at Talu who had suddenly decided to ignore both Shiye, Aliya and Alibi, Shiye shook his head. No use worrying about it.
He walked over to Aliya, placing a hand lightly on her shoulder crouching down. "Probably what you would always do," he said, "keep moving forward. Not backing down without a fight," he looked at her a grinned. He waited for a few moments before he straightened himself, looking down at the woman, "Long time, no see, Aliya," he said brightly with a smile, "How have ya been?"
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Back In The Tent...

The cheif saw Shiye and raised an eyebrow as he walked in with the scroll, not much of a word. He took it from him, and nodded his head simply as he left. He was curious, what was it. Orrow was sitting in the corner of the tent, sharpening a spear. "Can you not do that outisde?" he asked watching the splinter's fall. Orrow didn't answer, and the cheif just sighed. He opened the scroll and as he read it, his eyes widened at every line. Orrow saw his surprise and walked over reading over his shoulder. He frowned, grabbing the spear. "Where's Aliya?" he said. There was a furious look in his eyes, "how dare he, I am going to be the cheif of this tribe" he said and before the cheif could say anything he walked out of the tent. He read over the scroll once again, deeply thinking about the propsition. If he accepted it would bring two tribe's together making them stronger. Orrow wouldn't like it and he was worried about what he was going to do. He sighed and put it on a nearby table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aliya sat down on the rock, another tear falling out of her eye before she could help herself. She had no clue what she was going to do, whether or not she should just go along with it, or try and talk to her father. She knew he might not listen to her again, and she was honestly scared about what Orrow would do, as she knew he would do anything for the power that would be bestowed onto him.
Suddenly a familiar voice rang through her ears, she raised her head quickly. "Shiye!" she excliamed a smile on her face. She stood up quickly, hearing his words. Yes she wouldn't go down without a fight. She held herself back from giving him a hug, not sure how he would respond to that. She smiled at Talu who seemed to be off in her own little world. A stray thought crept into her mind. ...I hope he doesn't notice my cheek... she looked at him with a rasied eyebrow. "I've been alright," she quickly said. "What brought you here" she asked him
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Watching as Aliya stood up, beaming at him, Shiye couldn't help but smile back at her. He noticed her step towards him but then pull herself back and he grinned. He grabbed her wrist lightly and pulled her towards him, enveloping her in a hug, wrapping his arms around her. When he finally stepped out of it, Shiye grinned at Aliya again. Then she spoke and he nodded softly. "I had to deliver an urgent message to the chief," he replied with light shrug, "I wish I knew what it said, though," he glanced away from a moment, looking over at Talutah who now waded into the water.
Returning his gaze back at Aliya, Shiye noticed the slight difference of skin colour on her cheek. A bruise. It was nearly faded, so e had overlooked it. Shiye frowned and reached over, gently grazing his thumb over it and his looked down at Aliya, "What happened?" he asked softly, as if afraid of the answer. Who had hurt her? Was it on purpose? He couldn't imagine anyone in the White Water tribe turning against one of their own, expecially not Aliya, the chief's daughter. It was crazy.
Talu soon growled at something, fur standing on end despite being wet. But a moment later, she decided to turn her attention back to the water like it was the most amazing thing in the world. Shiye raised an eyebrow at the wolf but then looked back at Aliya. He wouldn't let her avoid the question.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Aliya smiled as she wrapped her arms around him, leaning into his hug. Closing her eyes she sighed as she took a step back. She cocked her head slightly to the side also curious what the "urgent" message was for her father. Well, she would probably know soon enough, unless Orrow had a say in the matter. He most likely would leave her out of all tribe matters. She mentally shook her head for thinking such thoughts, she was already worrying about something that she could still prevent. She would not become a zombie wife to him.

She immediately lowered her head, once Shiye noticed the slight bruising of her skin. Damn...she though to herself, quickly thinking up some excuse. She plastered a smile on her face and looked up again. "I had an accident riding Alibi, she spooked and I fell" she said thinking fast. She didn't know why she didn't want to tell him, but something within her didn't want to. She felt powerless, and someone like her shouldn't feel powerless. She was failing at her job. She looked back at Talu, who was acting strange but she quickly looked at Shiye and shrugged. Her blue eyes slightly glistening. She looked over his shoulder. "Oh...no" she whispered as she saw Orrow trot over on a brown stallion. Alibi paced to the side, already feeling uncomfortable as they neared.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Not quite believing her answer, but deciding to drop it for now, Shiye sighed softly. If she didn't want to tell him, she would have a good reason for it...more then likely, anyway. He noticed her look at Talu then back at him and shrug. He gave a soft grin and then it instantly faded as Aliya spoke again as she looked over her shoulder. He blinked in confusion and then turned around to see a brown stallion and Orrow. He glanced at Talu who had again changed her attention to Orrow. The wolf stalked forward to stand to the side and infront of Ahiye, hackles raised, tail straight and teeth bared.
Obviously he didn't mean for a casual chat if Talu was being aggressive. Or, like this. Shiye noticed Alibi pacing slightly and he got a really bad feeling. He didn't know Orrow much, but nobody here seemed to like him. Shiye watched as the man came a bit closer and all Shiye managed to say was "um... hi?" before he shut himself up. He needed to see what was wrong first.
He was totally lost and confused. Was it comething about the scroll? Surely not. But then, what could be wrong with this man? He hadn't done anything wrong with him and yet he was obviously hostile and it was directed towards Shiye. Talu snarled at the man and stallion, stepping forward before Shiye pulled her back. No use starting a fight just incase he wasn't planning on doing so. Violence didn't solve anything.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Aliya clearly realized that Shiye did not believe her, but it was better for him not to know the truth. What would he think of her? The brave Princess of White Water Tribe being pushed around by some power hungry warrior. It was unacceptable, and honestly she felt ashamed of herself. At least Shiye was back to visit, whatever the urgent news was, she had to admit that she was happy to see him again. Though she wouldn't admit it to herself, she liked the man, kind and soft-spoken but she could tell that he wouldn't take anyone's nonsense. Lost in thought she sighed to herself, the problems in her tribe were growing into a worse state than they already were. Orrow was taking over more and more of her fathers jobs as he was nearing his age, and wasn't as able to participate in the daily activities of the tribe. Why couldn't she have been born a man! Things would be so much easier, she could take over the tribe without having any problems of marriage, the ridiculousness of not being able to lead because she was a women was outrageous. How could they not see that?

She put a hand on Alibi's neck, "Steady girl" she mumbled under her breath as Orrow drew near. The man was already carrying an expression of contempt, looking at Shiye with a disapproving glare, as well as Aliya. Without even a greeting he rode his stallion up to Shiye, "What business do you have here, the agreement was made you have no reason to be back" he said his eyes travelling to Talu who was snarling with hackles rasied. Aliya returned the glared standing next to Shiye, "You have no right saying something like this, he has been welcomed by the cheif, and myself who are you to revoke that welcome" she said, arms crossed and eyes flashing. "Silence women" Orrow said gruffly before looking over at Shiye, "You will follow me to the cheif, and I will see that you leave the moment your business is over" he said already turning his stallion away walking towards the camp. Aliya was at loss for words, how dare he silence her? Who was he? He was already getting braver and braver with throwing himself around, ordering her and other tribe's people. He was acting life cheif, and Aliya was starting to get nervous as the people were following his orders without question. What if she had already lost her battle?

She looked over at Shiye and just shrugged, "You didn't choose the greatest time for a visit" she said still watching Orrow leave, "I guess we should follow him before he orders you dragged to the middle of the camp" with only a twist of humor in her voice. She have Shiye a concerned look before she nudged Alibi on walking her towards camp, before looking back to Shiye.

(I guess thats okay for now, I hope it's not too terrible! Damn this writing hiatus has really made me dusty!)
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Shiye cast a quick glance across at Aliya as she placed a hand on Alibi's neck and spoke to her quietly. He soon turned his attention back to Orrow as he drew near, stopping short of him, his expression showing just how much the man did not like him. Not that he had any idea why. He hadn't done anything to upset this man. But according to his expression, he obviously did something. The words which came from Orrow surprised him slightly. What did he mean by that, and why was he so hostile? Aliya soon spoke and he gave a ghost of a smile at her words, but then Orrow told her to be silent. And Shiye bristled at that. Who was he to silence the chief's daughter? He had no right to do so. He took a single step forward, ready to pull the arrogant man off his high horse - literally - if he tried to disrespect Aliya again. Shiye didn't understand the sudden wave of defensiveness that swept through him for Aliya, but he didn't reject the feeling, putting it down to that he didn't like people talking down to his friends. And he couldn't help but glare at Orrow as he looked back at him. He stayed silent through Orrow's demands and watched as he turned his horse and walked off, expecting them to follow.
Sighing, Shiye looked at Aliya as she shrugged and then told him he had come at a not-so-good time. "I can tell" he replied. When she spoke about following him, the man groaned slightly before he chuckled lightly at her comment about Orrow ordering him to be dragged into the middle of camp. "That could prove for some amusement," he said with a grin. Watching Aliya as she nudged Alibi into a walk, he stayed where he was for a moment before she looked back at him. He offered her a warm smile before he followed her on foot, flicking Talu's ear gently as he walked past her. The wolf huffed and followed him. He jogged to catch up to Aliya and Alibi before he slowed to walk beside them, thinking that Etu was probably happily munching away on some sort of food right now.
"Is he always like that?" Shiye asked Aliya, looking up at her as he ran a hand through his amber brown hair, the sun casting it a caramel colour. Shiye kept his pace relaxed, not overly caring when he got to camp - Orrow hadn't specified how long for it to take him to get back. When they were eventually back in the camp, Shiye waited for Aliya before he entered the Chief's tent, nodding politely at the Chief before he looked at Orrow and then glancing at Aliya. He was utterly confused to be honest, about what was going on. He had no clue what was on the scroll. He figured that must be what upset Orrow.. What could it be??
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:35 pm

With eyes rolled up to the sky in exasperation Aliya walked Alibi quietly along next to Shiye. She could tell he was confused, Orrow made her look like a complete fool. Like some village women that didn’t know her place. It made her blood boil. How dare he have the audacity to speak to her like that, at this point though she didn’t know what should could do to stop it. She didn’t want to admit it but she was honestly helpless at this point. How could her father not see that Orrow was going to destroy the tribe he so very cared for. Aliya couldn’t help herself but think that if her mother was still here and not in the sky, she would be able to talk some sense into him. She sent up a quick prayer before shrugging a bit at Shiye’s words. She looked at him with a shrug, Alibi threw up her head, feeling the tense atmosphere. Aliya said a couple soft words rubbing her neck before looking back at Shiye. “Lately he has been, my father is forcing me into marriage and since then he’s been taking over….” She drifted off, afraid she has said too much. Yes she saw Shiye as a friend, yes they had an agreement, but nevertheless he was still from a different tribe… but there was something about him where she felt she could trust him completely.

She rubbed her sore eye for a moment before looking back at Shiye and the scroll that was hidden away in his pouch, “I wonder what it is this time?” she asked him before slowly reaching the camp. The news that Shiye had returned had spread like wildfire and tribe’s people were sticking their heads out of the teepees watching him curiously. Heads were turning and whispers were shared. Aliya ignored it, sliding off Alibi’s back and taking a breath before leading Shiye into her fathers hut where Orrow was already standing. “…….and if he thinks he can just strut in here whenever he pleases he’s got something coming…” Orrow was already off on a rant, and the chief held a hand up to silence him seeing Aliya and Shiye entering the hut. He looked tired, his wrinkles seemed to have deepened and the bags under his eyes were darker. He was wrung out, and his eyes were troubled. He managed a smile when he saw them enter, and nodded at Shiye. “I am pleased to see you again Shiye, I hope your tribe is doing well” A scoff from Orrow interrupted the chief, but he was silenced with a long stare from him, before he continued. “I am sorry for the temper of my warrior, you must understand that we are always careful of the people we let into our territory, but you may rest and stay for as long as you need to” Aliya gave her father a quick glance of surprise. Where was this hospitality coming from? He wasn’t usually this kind to strangers certainly not other chiefs sons. She shrugged it off, maybe he just liked Shiye, the man just seemed to have the effect on people – well everyone but Orrow but who did Orrow like – The chief looked him over again, “I hear you have a message for me from your chief and father” He said. Orrow was in a corner, his eyes distrusting and staring at Aliya as if somehow Shiye being here was her doing. She couldn’t help but give that exact same stare back. She hated that man. She would not let him take over the tribe, and she sure would not let him lay another finger on her.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:35 am

Shiye could tell how frustrated Aliya was about being treated like a weak woman by Orrow. He could also tell she felt somewhat helpless with the situation, almost like she had lost a never ending battle between them. The atmosphere was tense between them after his question and he watched as the woman calmed her mare when she threw her head skyward. However, when Aliya addressed him, telling him why Orrow had been like this, Shiye faltered, stumbling slightly, but managing to catch himself. His brows drew together and he looked up at Aliya atop of her horse. "Married?" he repeated in an almost whisper before he turned his attention to Orrow, who was way ahead of them by now. He thought he could boss Aliya around just because her father had said they were to marry? That was not right. They weren't even married for one. He wasn't the chief, and Shiye felt that he never should be allowed to be. He was not suited. All Shiye could see in the future if Orrow became chief was war. Devastation. Death. He wasn't a leader. He was power hungry and could order people around but he was no true leader. "Hopefully that will not happen," he said absentmindedly. For the sake of both the tribe and Aliya.
When Aliya went on, inquiring about was in the scroll, he glanced down at it and shrugged. "I wish I knew," he told her honestly. They soon made it to camp and he looked at the people who were watching him and he merely smiled or nodded at them. He could hear them whispering, but he wasn't the type to respond to such things. They soon came the chief's hut and he heard Orrow rant but the man was quickly silenced when they entered. Shiye knew that he was talking about him, but Orrow was much like the people from his own tribe, so he was easily able to ignore him, not even deeming the man worthy of a glance. The chief soon spoke, welcoming Shiye and the man smiled, nodding silently as he asked if his tribe was doing well. He heard Orrow scoff, but still did not look at him and watched as the chief gave him a long stare, silencing him with ease before he continued. At his apology about Orrow, Shiye felt the sudden desire to reassure the chief it was nothing he couldn't handle, but knew better than to interrupt, so he stayed silent. He glanced at Aliya when the chief finished speaking, seeing her look of surprise and he grinned slightly before looking back at the chief just as he gave him another once over and then stated her had something for him. Shiye's mind went blank for a mere moment, before he remembered and he nodded quickly. "yes, I do, but this time I do not know what is written on it," he told him, pulling the scroll that held the proposal of Shiye and Aliya's marriage to unite the tribes, before he took a step forward and handed it to the chief. He took a step back, moving to Aliya's side once more before he cast her a quick glance that seemed to say 'I wonder what's on it?'

(gah, sorry this one is so pathetic :O )
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:38 pm

(No, it really wasn't, I feel like this post is crap)

Aliya watched Shiye’s reaction to her words about being married to Orrow. She couldn’t quite believe it herself, but she didn’t know what else she could do convince her father otherwise… there was no other man with the respect from the tribes people for any other warrior, everyone seemed to think Orrow was the best man for the job. Aliya wanted to scream to the creator to help her. Aliya looked at him, her face sad. “I’m afraid that it might… my father is desperate for a successor and thinks Orrow is the only one, he will destroy this tribe” she said knowing that Shiye must be thinking the same thing.

Aliya’s eyes travelled to the scroll, watching her father’s expression as he read over what was written, a first, and old glimmer of suspicion arose in his eyes, then he stopped and looked up at Aliya before looking at Orrow again, and that suspicion turned into hope. “Orrow… Aliya if you please, I would like a moment with Shiye alone to speak” he said nodding towards the entrance. Aliya looked over at Shiye with a raised eyebrow. Now she was even more curious about the scroll, what could be written on it that she couldn’t listen to the conversation but she didn’t want to fight her father about this now, he looked exhausted. Unfortunately Orrow wasn’t as ready to follow the chiefs orders as Aliya was, “What do you mean, I will not leave you alone with this man, he could attack you. This whole peace treaty is a lie and a scam he wants us weak” he said his voice raising with a finger pointed at Shiye. “Orrow silence!” he said his voice booming. He finally saw some way out.. The chief realized that Orrow was the wrong man for the tribe to lead, but he didn’t have any other choice … up until now and some of his old spark returned with the promise of a better leader for the tribe… and defectively a better husband to Aliya. He wasn’t stupid, he could see how he treated her, and how power hungry he was. Orrow looked at him in surprise and mumbled something under his breath before literally pushing past Aliya out of the tent almost knocking her over. Aliya sent a glare after him, steadying herself. Good. Finally someone put him in his place, but she wondered what had brought her father into him old self again. She let her eyes travel back to Shiye’s in curiosity “I’ll be tending to Alibi if you need me” she said, before leaving the tent as well.

The chief looked at Shiye, for a couple moments in silence before speaking. “You say you do not know what is on this scroll, maybe you should read it yourself” he said handing it over to Shiye to read with a nod.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayssi Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 am

Shiye watched as the man rolled the scroll open and carefully read every word on there. The first look that he noticed was suspicion and Shiye tensed, thinking maybe his father had done something, very, very wrong. What had he done? He certainly was a rash man. He couldn't think what might be on the scroll but he knew just what his father could request from people was usually foolish, reckless and generally very ridiculous. Sometimes even suicidal. And he wouldn't put it past the old man to ask such things to a tribe that they had only just made a treaty between. However, the chief soon looked up, between Orrow and Aliya before his gaze turned hopeful. That made Shiye relax instantly, all tension melting from him. So his father hadn't asked something inconceivable of the White Water Tribe. But when the chief asked for Orrow and Aliya to leave, he couldn't mask the look of confusion that crossed his features. He finally cast a look Orrow's way when he refused to leave, accusing Shiye and his tribe of basically wanting to revoke the treaty and attack the White Water Tribe and he couldn't help but bristle at that. How could he even think that? Shiye hated violence, he would never attack the chief. And even though the Sage Mountain Tribe was rough and no where near as tranquil as this tribe, they would never go back on their words of treaty. Shiye was almost tempted to tell the stupid man just that, but he bit his tongue and stayed silent, instead, letting his own chief tell him what for.
He watched the look of surprise pass over Orrow's face at the chief silencing him with such force, before he muttered something under his breath which Shiye did not catch before he turned and stormed out, pushing past Aliya roughly, making her lose balance. Without even thinking, he reached out to grab her arm, gently but firmly, to help steady her. He gave her a ghost of a smile before he let go, glancing back at the chief. A moment later, he could feel Aliya's confused gaze and he returned it right back at her, having no idea what was going on. The woman told him she would be with Alibi and he nodded just before she left as well. It took him a few moments to clear his thoughts, unsure of what to make of all this before he looked back at the chief.
The silence that passed between Shiye and the chief was deafening, but he dared not utter a word, knowing that the man would speak when he was ready. And when he did, Shiye was taken by surprise. He wanted him to look at it? Why? He watched as the man held the scroll out towards him and Shiye took a single step forward, reaching over and taking it with a grateful nod. He glance at the chief in confusion before he looked down at the scroll, his eyes scanning the page. His eyes soon widened in surprise. A marriage between Aliya and him? Surely not. They had only signed the treaty 3 weeks ago, this was too quick. Wasn't it? However, when he glanced at the chief momentarily, he could tell he didn't think so. Shiye handed the scroll back, saying, right, thank you, very quietly. Much more quietly then he usually was. Pinching the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger, squeezing his eyes shut for a moment, Shiye thought. This must be why his father had been so quiet. Not just holed away in his hut, but so very quiet about Shiye marrying someone. Since he had come back from the White Water Tribe last time and he suggested the marriage between Shiye and Aliya, actually. Even though Shiye had rejected the idea, the stupid man still went ahead and suggested it to Aliya's father, the chief of her tribe. Damn him. He should have realized.
Moving his hand back to his side and opening his eyes, he looked at the chief before him, at a complete and utter loss for words. He didn't know what to say or do in this situation. But, now that the suggestion was out there, Shiye felt he couldn't refuse now. That was not right. So Shiye gave in to the idea, even if he didn't want to marry Aliya, Shiye wasn't the type to go against something for the better of his tribe. And, even so, if he were to marry Aliya, atleast she was strong. And intelligent. At this moment, Shiye thought he only saw her as a friend, but he wasn't totally adverse to the idea of marrying her. She was.. Different.. He couldn't keep up with her in many different ways and that excited and challenged Shiye.He gave a silent sigh and asked the chief, "I am fine with this, but what do you think of the idea?" making sure he wasn't giving away his thought as best he could.
Tayssi
Tayssi
Excellent Player
Excellent Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next