Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bury Your Flame

Go down

Bury Your Flame Empty Bury Your Flame

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Andrew

Andrew felt his hands move with the fall of his chest, sighing quietly as he cast his eyes absently on the ceiling, fingers slid between one another and his legs propped over the side of the couch. His eyes flicked to the clock. Only a couple more minutes. Earlier today, someone had responded to an ad he sent out for a roommate, and they were due to arrive at 5:30. He hadn't gotten much information on the person, which hadn't eased him at all, since he was already nervous. It'd been a long while since he'd last lived with someone, but when faced with the decision of living another moment of boredom and enduring a brief period of nervousness, he found choosing the nervousness was the better of two evils.

He ran a hand through his hair, and shook his head. Maybe this was a bad idea. What are you doing getting a damn roommate, anyway? A ring at the doorbell caused him to raise a brow and, reluctantly, drag himself off the couch. Walking to the door, he opened it, and his brows pinched together at seeing the sight before him. Well. Wasn't expecting a woman. A sudden thought stabbed itself into his mind and urged him to retreat, though he couldn't quite pinpoint where the chilling feeling came from. His eyes inspected her for a moment, and, within that moment, he made his decision. With a forcibly friendly smile, he outstretched his hand for the woman to shake. "Andrew. You here for the roommate listing?"

Back to top Go down

Bury Your Flame Empty Re: Bury Your Flame

Post by redhead14 Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:03 pm

The hooves of an Arabian mare pounded across the concrete as she trotted into the city park. She let out a snort before going into a gallop around the only green area for miles, the sound of the city mixed with sounds of nature and the occupational shriek of people seeing a horse running loose filled her curved ears bring a smirk to her face. Shaelynn trotted behind a large rock where her book bag was before shift back into her human form. Her blood red auburn hair fell around her naked body as she quickly put on black leggings, a white tank top, and a navy blue floral kimono cardigan. She threw on her boots before dashing off to the cafe she was trying to get a job at. " Shaelynn smith?" called the manger right as Shaelynn slid into the front doors of the cafe "I'm here!" she said breathlessly as she started to put up her auburn hair revealing strands of lilac purple mixed in.

It was by pure luck that she got the job, that or the fact the manger kept checking out her butt. "Thank God that is over with" she mumbled to herself as she started to head in the direction of the apartment she had responded to form an add. Shaelynn was nervous as she walked into the lobby of the apartment heading for the elevator this would be the first time she had chose some where to live with another person. She tried to ease her breathing as the elevator bell went off letting her know it was time to find out if she had a place to hid for a while. Shay looked around and listened before stepping in the direction of the new apartment she sighed when she felt safe enough to knock on the door. she was caught off guard as a tall guy met her gaze Shay felt sick what was she getting herself into. " Shaelynn...uhm yah i saw your ad" she said as she took his hand
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:37 am

After meeting the woman's hand in a shake, Andrew allowed his own hand to flop back down to his side, and he gave a slow nod to her response. "Come in." He turned and strode his way over to the table in the assumption that she would follow after, sliding into a dining room chair and pulling out one for her. He inhaled quietly and exhaled just as so. "So, Shaelynn," he began, then clasped his hands together on the table before him, "Just Shaelynn, or ya got a last name? How old are you? Where do you work? What do you do in your free time?" He'd figured laying out all the questions at once was the way to go, raising an expectant brow for her reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:31 am

Shaelynn retracted her much smaller hand from Andrew's before tucking it into her back pocket. She nodded in response to the man's invitation to come inside, but before she could say a word he was already heading for the dinner room table leaving her to close the front door. Shay walked over to the chair Andrew had pulled out for her " Thanks" she said as she took her seat. She looked up form the table as she heard the questions come flying out of her soon to be roommate's mouth. Her eyes widen a little bit trying to take in each question one at a time " It's just shaelynn, never met my parents. I'm 25 years young, I work at the little cafe bakery about three blocks up the street and I like being outside." she answered before adding "I love sushi and mint chocolate chip ice cream...oh yeah I'm a Libra" Shay thought she would add a little humor to all the questions being asked.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:55 pm

(Hey, did my post just before yours get deleted? I'll post once I figure out what's going on. Not sure if it did or not.)

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 pm

( yeah i think it did)
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:47 am

Andrew

One side of Andrew's lips quirked up at hearing her speak, a comma-like dimple forming in one of his cheeks. At the mention of sushi, however, he stuck his tongue out and a disgusted expression settled over his face, shaking his head. "Well, at least you make up for the sushi with mint chocolate chip ice cream," he murmured quietly, his expression dissolving and reappearing as a faint smile. His hands untangled before he brought one of his arms over the back of his chair. He eyed Shaelynn quietly for a moment. "So you're an orphan?" he asked bluntly, though it came out more as a statement than a question.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:55 am

Shaelynn had caught a glimpse of his dimple and side ways smile, it was kind of cute sh thought before watching his sculpture like face turn from sweet to as if he had got a whiff of rotting fish. " oh whatever, sushi is amazing" she said as she rolled her aqua green eyes at him before leaning back in the dinning room chair. Shaelynn crossed her arms over her chest as she heard his question about her being an orphan " i guess you could say that, but what about you. I think it's your turn to answer some questions about yourself" she said trying to change the topic smoothly.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:23 am

Drew's brow shot up again at her change of topic, but quickly decided he'd allow it to slip. "All right," he began slowly, before clearing his throat and continuing, "My last name's Barnes, and I'm 26. I'm a waiter at the Mexican restaurant down the block. For now, at least. I do a mix of pointless stuff in my free time." He smiled again. "And sushi is not amazing. It's far from it. Eating raw fish isn't supposed to happen, unless you're stranded in the woods and the only choices you have for food are snacking on your arm or eating a fish without cooking it." It was a longshot to be teasing, he knew, but being seemingly friendly and guiding her thoughts away from him seemed like the best course of action.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:41 am

She was glad that Andrew willingly allowed her to change to subject form herself to him. Shay listened as he talked about his work and the other things he did in his free time, she noticed he was big on talking about himself, but could she really blame him he was having a new roommate move into his place and it was a her a girl roommate. she sighed loudly on purpose at his word about sushi being nasty again " we will agree to disagree on that one" shaelynn said with a smile.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:05 pm

Drew gave a shrug to his shoulder before standing and hitching a thumb over his shoulder. "Wanna tour of the place?" He hadn't even waited for her reply before he started off down the hallway under the assumption she was following, eyes trailing over the bland, white walls of the hallway before they met with the door at the end. He opened it for Shaelynn to peer through and gestured towards it. "Here's the bathroom. Not much, but it gets the job done." Continuing onward, he opened another door on the opposing side of the hallway. "This is your room. Decorate it how you'd like." Next to that door was another, but he didn't make a move to open it. "And that's my room." Drew's eyes directed themselves back towards Shaelynn, and, for the first time it seemed, he was able to take in how attractive she'd been. He kept his face a blank slate as he waited for her to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Shaelynn was caught slightly off guard as Drew stood up from the dinning table and started walking down the hallway. She quickly pushed back from the table and followed him thru the white walled hallway * it's so clean and plain* shae thought to herself as she reached out a hand to trail along the wall, but retracted it as the thought of her hand leaving a mark on the pure white walls sprang alarms in her mind. She glanced into the bathroom before following Andrew to her room Shaelynn had never really had one of her own much less a bed. A smile came across her face at the words "decorate it as you like", she had never been able to do what she wanted in the past. Shae was too busy thinking about ideas for her room she had seen on pinterest that she nearly missed Drew pointing out his room. " oh okay cool" she said as she turned her head meeting eyes with him.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 am

Drew's gaze remained on her a second more before he nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "So," he began, any trace of the smile he'd just had dissolving, "Any criminal offenses?" He studied Shaelynn as he waited for her answer, and debated on whether or not he should pry into her mind to determine whether she would be honest or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:38 am

Shae was looking around the hallway imagining up some ideas she would love to do to her new bedroom, when she was suddenly brought back down to earth by a simple question. She looked over at Drew with an almost expressionless face before letting a sigh slip from her pinkish lips. " Well what you consider as an criminal offense?" Shaelynn question as she turned and started to walk back towards her room. Stopping in the door way she peered in before looking back at him " I guess you could say for a while I was like a modern day robin hood...took form the rich and gave to the poor, but only what they needed" she said as she placed her hands inot the back pockets of her jeans.
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:33 am

"A thief, huh?" His arms folded over his chest as his shoulder pressed against the solid, cool wall to his side, eyes sharp and calculating. "Good thing I'm not rich, I s'pose. What made you turn to that? Moral obligation?" As he waited for her to reply, he tried to jab himself into her thoughts only to meet with a brick wall, confusion causing his brows to crease and he mentally retreated. The hell...?

Back to top Go down

Post by redhead14 Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:18 pm

She watched his reaction as she dipped a little into her past. Shae let out a soft sigh as she heard the word thief come from Andrew's mouth " I know it was wrong to steal but I would steal food for the animals on the street mainly" she trailed off as she looked away form him then looked back " an I may or may not have set some animals free from a pound back in my old town..I'm not a bad person but i hate when people miss treat animals for no good reason" shae looked at Andrew with pleading eyes but when there eyes met she could tell he was frustrated with something
redhead14
redhead14
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down