Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Alone [R] [Greed]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Never Alone [R] [Greed] Empty Never Alone [R] [Greed]

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:08 pm

[color=blue][color=blue]
The massive black male known as Diablo stalked side by side with his younger sister Nai. Diablo lifted his thick muzzle into the air to catch the scent of an elk. "It went this way." He told her. The two of them launched in the air, soon dashing towards the scent. There it stood, the large elk. Diablo crouched low to the ground, his massive muscular body blending in with the night sky. He launched himself into the air, his sharp canines sinking into the neck of the elk, killing it instantly. "Come, Nai. We must find shelter." He ordered. Nai nodded. She followed her brother whom was holding the elk in his jaws, and soon barked for attention. "Diablo hold on! I smell wolves." Nai informed him. Diablo searched her expression. "We will leave them if they are here. We are alone, sister." Diablo replied, leading her to a den big enough for six or seven wolves. There was a stream running through it into a two feet deep pool, that was surrounded with lilac.

----

Nai sighed heavily as she watched the stars. "Are you alright Nai?" Diablo, the massive brute asked. Nai nodded, "I am fine. Just tired." She replied, a yawn erupting from her maw. Diablo sighed before resting his massive head on his paws, closing his eyes and falling asleep. And soon, Nai did the same.

In the morning, Diablo awoke first. His eyes fluttered open at the sight of rain in the forest. Diablo yawned and stretched out his huge paws before padding out of the den, and towards the river. His black coat was already plastered with rain when he got to the stream. As he lapped up water, he noticed a Wolf. A female. Diablo straightened himself out standing about 6 - 7 inches taller than she. "Hello miss. May I ask why you are here alone?" He asked politely.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Never Alone [R] [Greed] Empty Re: Never Alone [R] [Greed]

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Karli rolled her eyes playfully and trotted ahead of her brother, "Come on, it's not dangerous meeting new people, Kouga," Karli stated plainly, ignoring the low growl she received from her brother. He was always so stiff, and she never really understood it. Couldn't he just lighten up some of the time? He was the reason why Karli rarely got any social time with any of the other local wolves. She knew how to protect herself, even if Kouga insisted she needed him to protect her. Karli knew it wasn't like that, but she never argued with her brother. She guessed knowing that she wasn't going to abandon him because she could fend for herself gave him a small sense of security. So, Karli dealt with his overprotective nature. She loved him the same, though, and even if she did find another brute to run off with, she'd never truly leave. After being with her brother her entire life, as children of a forcer, Karli knew she'd never leave her brother's side. Wherever their other siblings had gone was news to her, but she never bothered to ask. She had Kouga, and that's really all she needed. No matter how pushy or overprotective her brother may be, Karli knew he'd always be there for her, as long as she didn't wander off too far.

׺°”˜`”°º×

Karli looked over at her brother, who was sleeping peacefully with his head resting on his paws and his back heaving gently with each breath. Good, he was asleep. And it looked like he'd remain that way for a while, too. Perhaps now was her chance to get out and see if there was anyone else around to talk to. She needed a breath of fresh air, anyways. It would be a great day if it at least started out with her finding another fae or brute to converse with. At least...before her brother woke up. She could never be sure how long he'd sleep, but she always chalked it up to being half an hour of freetime, and if he didn't come looking for her by then, another fifteen minutes, just for good measure. Plus, Karli found she rarely ever found someone that was worth talking to for more than an hour. The only wolf she'd found she could tolerate all day and never get bored with was her brother. Big surprise there.

Setting out, the sleek-furred fae trotted through the trees, following the sound of gurgling water until she found it, her dulled golden eyes scanning the beautiful landscape. Taking a deep breath in, Karli relaxed. She'd hardly noticed another wolf in the proximity, but when he spoke she jumped, whipping around to face him. When she realized it wasn't anything dangerous, like a bear or something, Karli relaxed and offered him a shy smile. "Oh, you scared me." Karli squinted her eyes at his question. Did she really need to have an excuse for wandering around aimlessly...? Karli supposed he was just being curious, which she could relate to, and said, "I was just getting out before my brother wakes up. He's kinda protective, you know?" Karli found she had to tilt her head up quite a bit to actually look the brute in the eye, seeing as he was much, much taller than her. Or at least it seemed like it. In reality, it was no more than a foot. Karli knew her brother would be yelling at her for being at a disadvantage with a brute around, being alone and all. Pushing thoughts of her brother out of her mind, Karli pricked her ears up and said, "I'm Karli. Who're you?"
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

http://otakucastle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Diablo chuckled, his handsome blue eyes gleaming with interest. "My name?" He inquired. "My name is Diablo. Nice to meet you Karli." Diablo replied, smiling as his ears flicked. "And yes, I know what you mean. I was protective of my sister since I am 6 months older than her." Diablo told her. As he spoke, Nai came padding forward and dipped her head. "Morning Diablo. Who is this?" She asked cautiously. Diablo rolled his eyes at his beautiful sister. "This is Karli. Karli, this is Nai. My sister." He told them. She dipped her head in greeting, before lapping up the cold water. Diablo yawned a bit. "What is your brothers name?" Diablo asked politely.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Karli smiled, "Nice to meet you, Diablo." She nodded gently and rolled her eyes in a lighthearted fashion, "My brother and I are the same age. Littermates." Karli shrugged slightly and flicked her ears in the direction of the sound of padding paws. Karli tilted her head at the new wolf. She was very pretty, Karli noted with a hint of jealousy. "Hi, Nai, it's nice to meet you." Karli nodded her head in return before returning her attention to Diablo. "Huh? My brother's name? His name is Kouga." Karli turned her head around for a second, glancing in the direction from which she had come. He was probably going to wake up soon, she noted quietly. That gave her little time to talk. But she didn't want to leave so soon. "He's back at the den...He'll probably be waking up soon..." Karli added, a bit of uneasiness slipping into her tone.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Diablo nodded at her words and glanced in the direction she was looking. "I see." He retorted, sighing. "Maybe I could meet this brother of yours. I'm sure he wont be so foolish around my sister." Diablo told her, still staring in one direction. Nai nodded, and smiled. "I'd be happy to meet you're brother." She added, getting on her paws, meaning she was serious. "Nai loves meeting new wolves." Diablo told Karli, his voice deep, but handsome.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:10 pm

"Oh...well...my brother isn't exactly the friendliest," Karli stated quietly, but it was the truth. She didn't see the need to hide the truth from wolves she just met, and wouldn't likely be hanging out with for long. Especially if Kouga randomly decided to show up. She knew his first impressions weren't the best, either, and she'd rather spare her brother a bad first impression. Especially when these people seemed so nice... Sighing, Karli brightened, "I do, too! But my brother is kinda happier with just the two of us so I rarely go out and see other wolves. Only when he's sleeping do I ever go out. I don't want to worry him, you know?" With a gentle shrug, Karli turned her head around again. Maybe it wouldn't be terrible if her brother came to find her. She knew it would make for a bad first impression - if he went overboard, that is - but she hoped maybe he could be polite for once. She wanted to make lasting friends, but he always prevented that from happening. "I...should probably go see if he's awake. It'd be bad if I was gone when he wakes up. I'll come right back...?" Karli smiled sheepishly and turned around before loping off back to where her brother was. I hope he's not awake yet... Karli thought to herself. When she reached the den, she found him still sleeping. Trotting over to him, Karli gently yanked on the scruff of his neck, "Yo, bro, wake up. I have some wolves I want you to meet. They're not too far of."

Kouga growled lightly and nipped at his sister's foot when she woke him up. "W-what? So you've been out while I was sleeping?" Opening his eyes fully and lifting his head, Kouga gave Karli the death stare. "Karli, how many times do I have to tell you that's dangerous! You shouldn't go wandering off without me!"

Karli sighed, "Come on, it's a brute and his sister. Nothing weird was gonna happen, now come on. His sister's really pretty," Karli teased, "Now come on. Please? And don't make a scene..."

Kouga growled, "I'm unhappy with you, Karli! How could you go off while I was asleep like that?" After seeing the pleading look in his sister's eyes, however, Kouga gave in. "Fine, but if I get a bad vibe from either of them we're leaving."

Karli yapped happily and headed back in the direction of the two wolves, "Come on, hurry up, you lazy bum."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:19 pm

When Karli replied with her brother Kouga, Diablo glanced down at the slightly smaller brute. "Greetings Kouga. My name is Diablo. And this is my sister Nai." Diablo greeted, dipping his head. Nai smiled, and did the same. Diablo's muscular body was intimidating to most wolves, but to Karli or Kouga, he didn't feel intimidating. "I am so sorry if you are unhappy with our presence. I accidentally ran into your sister when I went out for a drink." Diablo added, trying to be polite, and friendly with this male.

(G2g. I'll be back later. Oh and sorry its so short.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:30 pm

[ All right, and no worries. It's fine, as long as it isn't like one or two sentences... ]

Karli nudged her brother gently on the shoulder. Diablo was being nice. He was trying to be a gentleman and Karli thought he was doing a good job at it, so if her brother snapped at him he'd just make himself seem like the asshole. However, Karli knew the course of this conversation, and the meeting in general, was to be depended on how Kouga reacted. And Karli prayed silently that he wouldn't be too harsh...

Kouga was rigid, no matter how hard he tried to relax. He was only there to please his sister, he knew. He didn't like the height of the male - if Karli had been alone with him and he hadn't been the 'nice guy' he was, Kouga knew it could've turned very deadly very quickly. However, Kouga couldn't hide his surprise when Diablo said something about him being displeased with their presence. Kouga guessed Karli would've said something about his unsociable habits. However, he couldn't get mad at her... he knew she just wanted friends, but he didn't trust anyone enough to allow them to be her friend. "It's quite all right," Kouga said, a slight edge to his tone that he couldn't keep at bay. "It's nice to meet you."

Karli noticed immdeiately how stiff Kouga's tone was and nearly groaned but kept it in, "Yeah, see? He's nice, and they both wanted to meet you." Karli turned and smiled at her brother reassuringly. "We could use some friends, anyways." Karli wasn't going to give him room to argue this time. Nope. Not this time. She wanted friends, and she knew he knew she wanted friends, needed them, even. So this was it. Why not these two?
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Diablo dipped his head respectfully, and smiled. "Nice to meet you to, Kouga." Diablo replied solemnly. Nai nodded and started to lap up water once again. "So how old are you both? I'm 4." Diablo asked Kouga, stepping back a bit to give him space. Diablo was a honorable wolf, unlike his father whom was a forcer and murderer.

(Again, sorry so short. ;_Wink
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Karli let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding when Kouga didn't go all-out rage on them. Maybe they'd get somewhere this time, with a relationship other than their own. Karli grimaced. Come on. Diablo was quite charming, and very polite, and his sister was beautiful to the point Karli was actually envious, and she'd never been disappointed in her own looks before. "We're both four," Karli answered before Kouga had the chance to open his mouth. "I think that you could use a friend, Kouga," Karli said, turning to look at her brother. "Why don't you chitchat with Diablo and I'll go talk with Nai." With that, Karli headed over to where Nai was getting a drink.

Kouga nearly growled at his sister for leaving him, but he realized he couldn't do much about it. It wasn't much he needed to worry about, either. With a grim look on his face, he said quietly, "My apologies if I seem a bit distant. My social skills...are lacking, to say the least."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Diablo smiled at Kouga. "That's alright." He replied, looking away. "I was always so protective of my sister because, well... My father was a forcer and a murderer. He killed my mother after Nai was born." Diablo told him, the hurt in his eyes very clear. Diablo looked at Kouga, "What about your father?"
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Kouga frowned at Diablo's confession of sorts. He could relate all too well to the feeling of hatred for one's father. That feeling of needing to be overprotective of his sister because...well...the truth was in the real world, there were still wolves like his father out there. If anything like that were to happen to his little sister... Kouga didn't know what he'd do. Of course he'd be there for her every step of the way... but he'd feel like a failure if he let anything like that happen to her. Sometimes he thought she needed a brute other than himself to keep her safe. He felt if she had a mate who'd protect her, it would be different than the protection he could offer her. But either way, he did his best. Kouga sighed and commented, "Never really knew him. He was a forcer, as well. As soon as my sister and I and my other siblings were off milk, my mother left, too. Hardly a motherly thing to do, but..." Kouga sighed, "I've taken care of Karli ever since. I couldn't bare to think of what I'd do if something like what happened to our mother happened to her."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Diablo listened to his words, not interrupting once until Kouga was finished. "I'm sorry to hear that." Diablo replied, his throat tightening. Diablo hated to see wolves that had horrible parents, as Diablo once did. "I hope my father dies. He tried to force his own daughter at the age of 7 months old." Diablo snarled harshly.

Nai followed Karli, her blue eyes searching the area. "Your brother doesn't seem so bad as long as Diablo's polite. Usually he is." Nai said out of nowhere, sitting down to rest. Nai's ears twitched, but her eyes widened as a cougar approached Karli. "Woah, Karli watch out!" Nai yowled. Too late. The cougar had struck her.

Diablo gasped. He launched himself on the cougar, sinking his teeth in the scruff before throwing it into a rock. "You dare attack a fae!?" Diablo snarled, slashing at the cougar's side. The cat yowled in rage and pain, fleeing away like a pup. "Karli, are you alright?" He asked.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Kouga couldn't help but join in with a snarl of his own at that. A father trying to force his own daughter? At that age? Kouga could at least be glad his father had left after impregnating his mother. But it was likely he was still out there...somewhere. Harming more innocent faes. The thought made Kouga want to hurt him. Badly. Kouga opened his mouth to say something when he heard Nai's voice ring out, a warning to Karli. The moment Kouga saw it he bounded forward, but it seemed Diablo had reacted quicker. Kouga couldn't say he appreciated this, but Diablo managed to successfully chase away the big cat. Kouga was, more or less, in debt to this brute now... Whether he liked it or not. Kouga rushed over to Karli and lowered his head to meet hers, a worried look in his eyes, "Karli..." Kouga searched his sister's eyes before licking his sister's wound gently. Damn it...If we'd never come here this wouldn't have happened!

Karli smiled gently. "Yeah, it's rare to see Kouga be civil like this." Karli had been about to take a seat across from Nai when Nai's eyes widened and she cried out a warning. Karli twisted her head around, only to feel a sharp pain. A pained yelp escaped Karli's maw. She would've fought back if it hadn't been so sudden. It was a flurry of fur and pain for a second before everything was over. Diablo had chased the cat off...saving her life. Diablo had just saved her life...after less than an hour of knowing her! Karli nodded softly to Diablo when Kouga came rushing over, licking her wound. It stung and for a second she recoiled, but released her tension after a second, "Really, I'm fine Kouga." Karli didn't move to get up, however. She knew she would be too shaky to stand properly. "Thank you, Diablo..." Karli said, looking up at the black wolf, who looked like a complete giant from her position on the ground. "Thank you."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Diablo stared into her eyes for a moment, which felt like forever. "You're welcome Karli." He replied, now helping her to his paws. And now, Diablo realized he was falling in love with Karli. But how would her hostile brother Kouga react? Nai tended to Karli's wound. "It'll take a few days to heel."
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Karli sighed, but stopped mid-sigh when she and Diablo locked gazes. She wasn't sure what went on between the two of them for that short period of time, but... it felt different. And it wasn't a bad kind of different, either. She had to say...it moved her. She liked it, daresay. But she couldn't place a finger (...paw?) on it. Karli looked over to Nai when she started to treat her wound and flinched lightly. It did hurt, she realized now. More than she thought it had originally. "T-thanks, you two..." Karli said, glancing over at Kouga, who had his back turned to the others.

After Kouga had realized he didn't fit in for the time being, he'd turned and lifted his muzzle to the air, sniffing out the cougar. He would make sure it had gone away for good before going to be with Karli. And after she was treated enough to take her away. She was leaving with him, no later than tonight. He'd carry her if he had to. But they were going away, no matter what.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:18 pm

At sunset, Diablo was with Karli alone on a Cliffside. Her wounds were healing fast. "So how are you're wounds?" He asked politely, sitting a bit close to her. Diablo was in love with Karli yes, but he wouldn't tell her until he felt it was a good time. Diablo sat there, awaiting her answer patiently. His dark blue eyes were searching her amber-gold. "Look, Karli. I think I should tell you something."
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Karli had been told earlier that evening, just before the sun had began to set, that she and Kouga would be leaving. Karli hadn't said anything. She knew why Kouga wanted her to leave. She knew he was afraid she'd get hurt again. She knew he secretly blamed it on her. 'If they hadn't come here, this would've been avoided,' was his line of thinking. He'd never say so, but Karli knew. But how could she refuse her brother? She had gotten hurt, and no matter how fast the wound healed, it wouldn't erase the fact that it'd happened. Karli knew Kouga's pride had been damaged, too, with not being able to save her before Diablo did. But Karli was glad Diablo saved her. She hoped it would be proof enough that the black wolf could be a good friend...protect her...much like a mate would. As if on que, Diablo came up behind her and asked her how her wounds were doing. Karli refrained from shrugging, as the movement still caused a sharp pain, but instead settled for a quick nod, "Much better, thanks." Karli glanced at Diablo out of the corner of her eye, but when she met his gaze she quickly turned her eyes back to the sunset. Not long after, Diablo spoke again. Karli suddenly felt nervous as she turned her head to look at him, "Y-yeah...?"
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Diablo was glad to hear her wounds were feeling better, and nodded. He took a deep breath, and glanced at her. "I think I'm starting to fall in love... With you." He told her, catching her gaze for a heartbeat. Diablo waited for Karli's reply, not knowing how she would react. Diablo has never loved anyone this way before. Diablo was hoping for the best out of Karli, and wished that Kouga wouldn't be against this if he found out.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Diablo's confession caught Karli off-guard. For a second she just blinked and stared. What could she say? It was so sudden, but Karli couldn't deny she felt something, too. But she was young and didn't know what to call it yet. Was it love? Really and truly? Or was it just something she felt because Diablo was a brute, and the only brute she'd ever really been around was her brother? She'd never know unless she found out, right? Karli opened up her mouth but shut it again shortly afterwards. She turned her head back to the setting sun and said quietly, "I...me too. But...but my brother is taking me away tonight. He doesn't want me to stay here anymore...not after what happened."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:54 pm

"Your brother cant be your guard forever, Karli. And you have the freedom to do what you want." Diablo replied, letting his eyes search hers. Diablo licked her ear swiftly, not being able to control himself. "I mean. If you want to go, I'm not stopping you. But maybe me and Nai could go to. Your brother needs a friend."
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 pm

Karli couldn't lie, the words stung slightly. But she knew they were true... truer than she'd like to admit. And she didn't want her brother guarding her forever, either. She wanted her freedom, and she wanted to start a family. Kouga was preventing that, but how could she tell her brother she wasn't as happy as she could be...? Karli flicked her ear softly when Diablo licked it, "I know... and I know. I know he needs a friend, but he's too afraid to leave me to go find himself one." Karli got up and padded closer to Diablo, settling herself down and laying down beside him, "He's insecure, and he doesn't know how to make friends. I feel like you and Nai would be good for him...but I don't know how to make him see that, too."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Diablo inhaled her scent as she got closer, and rested his head on hers. "Just tell him. I'm sure he'll accept the fact that you are not his baby sister." Diablo replied, grooming her forehead. Diablo sighed, feeling like telling Kouga himself, but that would make Diablo look like a terrible friend. Diablo locked his gaze to Karli's golden brown, searching them for a few long heartbeats. And for some reason he felt like Kouga was watching them right now.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Karli knew that Diablo was right. And feeling him so close to her felt right in itself, and she knew in her heart she didn't want to leave. Instead, she quietly gazed out as the sun continued to set, waiting for that ticking time-bomb of her brother to go off. But she couldn't leave... no... she couldn't.

Kouga stood at the treeline. He'd just come to fetch his sister, but she was...busy. Kouga couldn't help but feel hurt. His sister wasn't...his anymore. At least she wouldn't be. Not for long. He knew that, after today's display, Diablo could take care of her, if he needed to... Kouga wasn't needed by her anymore. And she was making it loud and clear, whether she knew it or not. But Kouga wasn't so cruel as to take away her newfound happiness. Instead, he turned on his heel silently and trotted off to the water's edge where everyone had congregated earlier.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Diablo nuzzled Karli's shoulder, closing his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again, he saw Kouga pass by and just completely ignored it.

Nai followed Kouga. "Are you OK?" She asked, now a bit concerned. She nudged his cheek lightly, her beautiful blue eyes searching his amber. Nai had to admit, Kouga was a handsome brute, and felt some connection to him.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next