Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG)

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG) Empty Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG)

Post by Stormsong Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:57 am

Crest galloped inbetween the tall trees and through the undergrowth of the forest. Her scrawny was like a black blur to all squirrels and chipmunks that she passed. She whinnied and bucked her heels. "I've never felt so alive!" she chanted to the wind that was whipping through her fuzzy mane. Crest paused at a small stream and drank the cool water. She nestled down by a nearby tree and went to sleep. "I'll wake up in a few minutes," she told herself before the darkness over took her.

Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG) Images13

Last edited by Stormsong on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I wanted the readers to get a picture of Crest. I forgot to put it in there earlier.)
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG) Empty Re: Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG)

Post by Stormsong Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm

(Anyone?????)
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG) Empty Re: Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG)

Post by Stormsong Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:21 pm

(Someone?????)
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow-Walker Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:38 pm

(May I join?)
Shadow-Walker
Shadow-Walker
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 pm

(Yes of course!)
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 pm

(And may I? I have a colt I would like to use)
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Location : Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 pm

(Sure, the more the merrier! Very Happy )
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Oliver lifted his head from the stream, water dripping from his damp muzzle. The ground beneath him vibrated, and the foal felt panic rise in his chest. He spun around, digging his large hooves into the mucky ground as he leaped into a gallop. His old herd, the one he had tried so hard to flee from, had found him. What was he to do? Nothing but run. Branches whipped Oliver's face as he crashed through the undergrowth, forcing him to duck his head and take the sharp snaps on his neck and ears. If he knew his father, the chase wouldn't last long. With all the mares in the herd, there were no shortage of foals. His mother would be crushed, punished for failing at raising a foal to adult hood, but Oliver couldn't think about what his kin were feeling, only focusing on escaping the prison that loomed behind him. The scent of a filly crossed his path, and Oliver swung around to follow it, wondering if she could help him.

Wild and Free- Crest's Introduction (other horses only!) (PG) Shire_Horse_Foal_by_chalk42002
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Crest felt the ground vibrate beneath her, arosing her from her sleep. "Wha-?" she looked around her drowsyily.
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Oliver saw the small cave the filly lay in, and skirted around it, nearly tripping as he did so. He had hoped for a larger cave, but the trail lad led up the small overhang worked to. The ground was weak beneath his hooves, and he reared and brought his heavy hooves down upon it, causing dirt and small pebbles to fall on the filly below. It finally broke through, and Oliver landed next to her with a heavy thud. "Hey..."
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Crest scrambled to her hooves, the colt had come out of no where. "Who are you?" she asked, her scranwy legs shakily from the scare that the colt gave her.
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:46 pm

"I am Oliver. I did not mean to scare you, but it is very important we remain quiet until that herd passes." He whispers, dipping his head in a silent greeting. "Or you will be trapped as well." Oliver lay down, motioning for her to do the same.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow-Walker Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 pm

(Sorry it took so long.)

http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.7280411.8815/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
Sea Dreams

Her bio
https://horseisland.rpg-board.net/t11360-sea-dreams#300141

The young mare walked silently as her head hung a bit, she had lost her first and only foal to a pack of wolves who had separated them. Nothing else was on her mind until she heard the sound of thundering hooves pound into the ground as if they were chasing or being chased by something. All of a sudden she was hit with a traumatizing memory that still haunts her to this day.

~~Flash Back~~

A large herd of about 35 to 45 horses grazed on the lush green grass of early summer everything was quit and peaceful until heads started to pop up and look around as hoops and hollers filled the air. All of a sudden shrill neighs sounded in the herd and everyone galloped towards the valley entrance. Other humans on tamed horses raced forward and drove the herd into a large pen that wasn't there before. Everyone was being separated and the smell of burnt fur and flesh filled the air. From the distance you could see a frantic beautiful stallion rearing and fighting against ropes to get to his family. Others were loaded onto trucks and sent to a place that smelled of death. Through the caos of being herded she managed to get away and she ran back to the wild.

Dream snapped back to realality as she saw a colt racing away from the herd and hid. She stood there for a moment and watched as they passed before walking over seeing a filly and the colt. "Hello there."
Shadow-Walker
Shadow-Walker
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Crest pinned her ears and moved away from the mare.
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow-Walker Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Dream brought her head up and snorted softly before backing up a little watching the filly and the colt "It's alright, I won't hurt you." She Decided to show she was no harm and lowered her head and began to graze on the grass of the forest floor.
Shadow-Walker
Shadow-Walker
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Crest eyed the mare wearily. "What's your name?" she asked.
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow-Walker Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Dream brought her head up and looked at the filly "My name is Sea Dreams. But you can call me either Sea or Dream." She went back to grazing and flicked her tail slightly. She could still smell the slight scent of giving birth on her and she started to get depressed again. She let out a sigh then looked at both the colt and filly "Where is your dam and sire at?"
Shadow-Walker
Shadow-Walker
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Oliver looked at the new mare, blinking as he tried to comprehend. "If any of those big horses ask where I am, say I fell off of a cliff please." He whispered, ducking down behind Crest, his hears just barely going over her back.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow-Walker Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:50 pm

"Do not worry, the herd has been gone for a while now." She lifted her head and looked around seeing the sky turn from lIghts to dark."What are your names little ones?" Dream shuffled her hooves a bit and looked at them.
Shadow-Walker
Shadow-Walker
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 pm

"I got seperated from my herd a couple of weeks ago," Crest told her.
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:58 pm

"Good." Oliver sighed, standing back up and shaking some of the dust off of him. "I', uh... Oliver. My herd called me Tuwra, but I found that I hate that name and will never go back to it. So Oliver. Call me Oliver."
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:00 pm

"My name is Crest," she whinnied and turned to trot away.
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow-Walker Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:07 pm

"It's nice to meet you both." She looked over at crest as she trotted away "The same thing happened to me when I was a few months old." She looked at Oliver "I am guessing that was your herd?"
Shadow-Walker
Shadow-Walker
Super Player
Super Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormsong Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:13 pm

When Crest was a good ten feet away from the mare, she lowered her head to graze.
Stormsong
Stormsong
Good Star Player
Good Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Oliver nodded, shuddering dramatically. "Talk about a terrible herd... I pity my mother. I would of brought her with me, but..." Oliver's voice broke, and he turned his head away. "But my dad kept an eye on her. He acts like a human, how he talks about her." He dug his hoof into the ground, nostrils flaring, and put on his deepest, manliest voice. "We are keepin' yer mother here for a long long time! She makes some darn strong foals, and I can't afford to lose her! I ain't gonna!" Oliver made sure to emphasis his father's annoying accent, and looked up at the mare. "There was never any compassion in his voice. He doesn't love her. In his eyes, all she is a foal maker!" His eyes flared, and he turned his again. "I'm sorry for dumping all that on you, but you have to understand why that herd is horrible."

(Should I bring his mom in later on? She seems interesting to play)
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum