Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Forgotten Pain~ (Open) [R]

2 posters

Go down

~Forgotten Pain~ (Open) [R] Empty ~Forgotten Pain~ (Open) [R]

Post by Harley Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Shadow lifted his head from the cave floor, sensitive nose catching the scent of a lone elk. His growling stomach reminded him that he had not eaten in several days, and this was not a meal to pass up. Lifting himself from his resting position, Shadow padded out of the cave, long tail dragging behind him. He lifted his nose to the air, testing it with taste and smell. Pinpointing the location, Shadow spread his wings. They were stiff from disuse, making the young dragon groan in discomfort. He flapped them a few times before taking off.

The thermals were wonderful that day, but Shadow took no notice. He had a heavy heart, and wasn't very alert to the world around him. The scent of the elk became stronger, telling him it was a young bull. "The best kind..." Shadow muttered beneath his breath, tucking his wings.

His claws brushed the tree tops as he descended, sharp eyes locked onto the target. The animal spotted Shadow all to late. Ivory claws had already sank into the thick hide, smashing the spine as well. Content with his meal, Shadow rose above the tree tops again.

A jet of flame erupted from his maw, his spirits lifting a bit. The extra weight of the elk hardly strained him, and he felt as if he could fly for miles. Shadow tossed the elk in before him, and slid to a stop behind it. The scent of fresh blood made his nose tingle, and he wasted no time tearing into it.

For a beast his size, the elk was a small meal. It was just enough to fill his empty stomach. Perhaps, he thought, I could go terrorize the nearby village. I'm sure those puny humans have plenty of animals I could eat. Normally, Shadow wouldn't think of hurting humans, but what they had done to him was unforgivable.

A roar made his ears ring, and he peeked out of his home, eyes widening as a dragon much larger than him approached. Nudging the remains of his elk off the cliff, Shadow retreated to the back of his cave, ready to shoot flame at the intruder.

(Dragon and rider please? His bio is called Afraid to Love in Fantasy Bios)
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Location : Following you, asking the chicken inside my coat if this is the one

Back to top Go down

~Forgotten Pain~ (Open) [R] Empty Re: ~Forgotten Pain~ (Open) [R]

Post by themagus Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:40 am

Hev was hungry, and he was on the hunt for about an hour, soon enough he'll have more than lunch, the long journey seemed to get to one of it's peaks at moments like these - alone and after long days of walk he needed his supplies replenished badly, and his hunger was making his petience run away from his body like a hare runs away from a hound. He was stalking the young elf for an hour now, first noticing it when he was looking at a nearby valley, his quest will have to wait for his belly to catch up. He was crouched in a bush underneath a tree bow in hand and he took out an arrow, notching it to the string and aiming at his targer 'delicious target' the thought crossed him mind. He took in a breath to hold it and stop his body from moving and feel his own heartbeats. Just as he was about to let the arrow fly a dragon came down from the sky and snatched the elf right in front of his widening eyes. He wasn't just surprised for the unseen onslaught, right before him was the dragon he was looking for 'I must be luckier than four leafed clover!' he thought, as he was sprinting the a nearby clearing so he could see which way the dragon flew. By the time Hev made it to the clearing the dragon was high up, nearly reaching his cave above a high cliff. Forgetting the hunger he made the distance to the base of the cliff and got set to the climb - he left most of his equipment behind, taking only his combat gear and a rope, he could come back for his backpack later. He began climbing, a task that wasn't as hard as he estimated and he was climbing rapidly. In mid-climb, when he was halfway up the distance between the ground and the cave a deafening scream made him freeze and a large dragon entered his sight. He waited till the dragon passed, this wasn't the same, smaller dragon he was after and drawing his attention was a very bad idea, he was like a sitting duck there. He heard something getting closer, something falling. He prepared to look up just as the carcass of the elf hit him making him loose his footing with one leg and nearly dislocating a shoulder. Fighting the pain and regaining his footing he kept on going, slower this time, and wary. He foud a spot to rest, and he sat there for a moment, searching for the larger dragon in the horizon, nothing. The knight continued his climb that just got harder and harder with the pain in his shoulder till he finally reached the surface of the cave. Arm reaching, hand grabbing and legs struggling he eventually got up to his feet, and found himself standing before a coal black dragon, clawed wings, spiked head and spikes at elbow and knee joints, and a tail ending in a leaf-like scale, it was definitely him. He quickly flung his shield over his shoulder and placed it in front of him, ready to defend a fire breath. He didn't think one will come as the dragon let him get up from the cliff, unless he was insurmountably lucky and the dragon noticed him just now, plus, the dragon just ate so he shuold be less agressive, or that's what the last man he talked about dragons with told him.

[Hope that's fine, I don't have a dragon to play as a character, but in case you don't - I have a plan]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:41 am

Shadow saw the dragon turn, and realized that that wasn't the threat. His keen ears heard something making its way up, and with a snarl he awaited it. The scent undoubtedly belonged to a human. 'A stupid one at that' Shadow thought, watching as the tiny human clambered over the edge. Not seeing this small being a threat, Shadow raised himself his full height, the cave ceiling barely allowing it.

"You seem to have a death wish!" Shadow wondered if his challenger could understand him or not. It would be easiest to just force him out with flame, but why not give the little thing a little fun? Shadow advanced forward slowly, locking his eyes onto Hev's. "Pitiful." He commented, sharp ended tail presenting itself beside him.

It would of been fun to roast the human while he was climbing, but Shadow thought that death was to quick for a human. I am being cocky, maybe this tinfoil clad human does pose some sort of threat... Shadow considered it for a moment, and decided to be cautious.

(Its fine, and sorry this is soo much shorter than yours)
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Hev was standing there, facing a dragon. It wasn't the biggest he'd seen but it was much bigger than him anyways. He nearly shouted at his hand not to draw the sword, something which will surely make the dragon roast him, he decided to keep it in sight, just in case it'll decide it should go for the sword so he placed it in front of him palm open and facing out, showing the dragon he wasn't here to fight "I met Night." he stopped for a moment, still breathing heavily from the climb "Night!" He repeated the name to give the dragon a moment's thought, he was in a bad position to fight and rathered the talking by much. "I know where she is, soldiers, a long way from here" He kept moving his free hand a bit, to easy the pain in his shoulder as much as to keep it from going to his sword "She said you'll help" another few short breaths "If i could find you, and I think I did, do you know her?" 'You better do' he thought, it was a long way and a hungry ending and he wouldn't want to have to jump from the cliff he just climbed on to flee from a raging dragon, or would he dare take on him? Alone? Tired? Hev dismissed the thought, that was crazy... He didn't test his new shield yet, though... No, no one on one human-dragon fighting, and not this dragon out of them all. He wanted to help, and he needed this dragon to co-operate.

[That's totally fine! Besides that was the inroduction, it's always longer... I'm worried about me being a slow writer, apologies in advance! P.S I'm out for today]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Shadow staid where he was, watching the humans sign of supposed peace. "Night? That is a cruel lure for one so small." He edged closer, wanting to force the human to the edge of the cliff. "I am positive that she has already been murdered." Shadow growled, reptilian eyes scanning over Hev.

"If you are telling the truth, which I doubt you are, Night wouldn't talk to the likes of you! I myself am not even sure why I waste my time." Lowering his tail a bit, Shadow cocked his head. "If you are, I suppose you should point me in the right direction and I'll let you escape."

The dragon had to be ready to fight, but the pitiful creature seemed incapable of that. The spikes on the back of his head raised slightly in aggression. "And if you insist on anything else, I will personally shove you out of my home. I'm sure it would be no trouble to introduce you to my last meal!"

(its fine, I dont always have time for really active posts. )
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:53 pm

When the dragon advanced Hev didn't budge, he couldn't, almost technically as he was close to the edge of the cliff yet if he could he didn't mean to, not by a dragons' show. By now he regained enough stamina to relax his breath and he could feel the heaviness of his limbs as they rested from the climb as he kept an even expression toward the dragon. "My name is Hev. I'm a knight protector of my kingdom. If my name doesn't speak before me my title should, I'm sworn to good." If the dragon was on evils' side Hev will find out now, following his proclamation - an evil dragon won't let a goodly knight say another word. But the dragon react when he mentioned Night and might put aside his alliance for now, if Hev will have anything to offer him "Night's not dead, not when I last saw her, five days ago. If you think me a fool coming all the way over here to tell you fairy tales you underestimate humans, my friend. If I wanted to attack you I wouldn't be standing here and talking. She needs my help and she put me in your direction, I can't do this alone and neither can you - they captured her and they'll get you too, but we might be able to pull it off together." Hev cursed himself for not looking for a fallen scale, something that could sustain a proof for his story, but by the time he figured everything out he had to flee or fight a small camp of militia, he decided to try some logic "If what you say is true how could I find out about her, and about you? Where you are, how you look like? I wouldn't know that if she was dead, and I wouldn't know that much about you even if I myself was the one who killed her, no, I met her, and she trusts me well enough to bring me to you" He fell silent, letting the black dragon take in everything he just said and hoped he managed to put some conviction into the dragon.

[Wahh I did have time to write it up, even at 3am >.<']
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Shadow listened carefully, running a sharp claw along the smooth stone floor. "And if I or Night were to terrorize your kingdom, you would have to capture us and put us to death, right? I have no way of knowing this isn't a trick...." His words fading as Hev continued. "If you were anxious to please someone, win the heart of a girl... impress the king... humans do strange things." Shadow growled, tail flicking angrily. "What difference would you make? Against an army you would be stuck down in seconds, and I have armor much stronger than yours. You would be of no help to me."

The stubborn young dragon refused to see the sense in Hev's words. "And how do I know her captors aren't torturing information from her? They could give that to you, and she wouldn't be useful to them anymore." Shadow shook his head, looking towards the ceiling. "But if your words are indeed true, you may tag along."
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:11 am

"Now it's me tagging along ehh?" That was good, it meant the dragon was already set on going "Look, Shadow." He refered the dragon by his name, hoping it would encourage him to listen "I don't know what they do to her right now, but it's probably something to do with a cage and a wagon and travelling further away from here and yes, I will indeed hunt you if you will terrorise the land and I'll happen to pass by and hear complaints from the folks, but Night isn't the terrorising type and to me it looks like you found a nice far away nich to live in, so no terrorising needed. If you are willing to believe this then you also accept that I am a Knight Protector, and one of my title is sworn to justice and good, I am not trying to decieve you." By now he managed to return the controll over his sword arm, his shield arm was more presistant though, and wouldn't budge. Hev needed the dragon to co-operate though, not to lead "To be quite honest with you, you do need my help, pretty much the same way I need yours. These people are dragon hunters, and if they're not they sure know how to bring one into a cage. I can't take on a group that can hunt dragons by myself, and in this case neither do you but if we worked together we might manage it. There are about 20 of them and not all the bravest souls, we could surprise them, create some mayhem and get out of there before they'll come to their senses, but we can only do it together, I don't have time to recruite fighters and get back before they'll get to their destination." He was able to bring his sword arm to try explaining the shield arm that this dragon wasn't going to kill him but it seemed that till the dragon say he'll come and help it won't be convinced, not even for an aching shoulder.

[At the end I felt like I was writing absentmindedly, so I'll just let it be at this point.]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Shadow cast a annoyed look at Hev. He flexed his claws, eager to use them. "So you aren't trying to deceive me. That is good. But I was looking forward to killing something that fights back...." A hint of sarcasm edged his voice. "I am much larger than you, than any of them, and unless they have their own dragons to fight me, I fail to understand how you would be of any help to me."

Shadow swung his head around until he was nearly face to face with Hev, reptilian eyes looking him over.. "I can remember only one human as truthful as you, who actually tried to help me...." The dragons words faded for a moment, as his strange eyes set into a hard stare. "But she disappeared with Night, so I know not of what happened to her."

He noticed how Hev moved his arms. "Climb up here takes a bit, huh?" Shadow pulled away, his head brushing against the high ceiling as he stood. Tilting his head slightly, Shadow spread his wings, looking them over for any cuts or small wounds.

Shadow leaped forward, pushing Hev out of his home. He wrapped his claws around Hev's leg before he fell to his death, and spread his wings so he could glide. "So which way?"

Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:55 pm

Despite his words the dragon was charging, Hev knew it was the easy part, given that he'll survive the escape, the harder part will be going back. Hev thought of this outcome ofcourse and he rushed back before the dragon could get him, he couldn't see the point of resisting something of that weight, caught the rope and jumped off the cliff like a semi-professional swimmer taking his dive. He hoped the knot he made at where he rested will hold and if it didn't, well, nothing else would. He wasn't half way the the knot when he felt a large claw that could only be owned by a dragon and by instinct he unsheathed his sword and slashed so fast it was a single motion. The dragon carried him away all the same and glancing up Hev found he missed most of his strike, there was only a small lightly bleeding scratch that not even a gnome would make a fuss about. "This is no way of treating friendly knight protectors" he proclaimed hanging upside down and partly to himself, he grunted and continued "I can't figure anything like that, need to have my head toward the sky." He didn't want to suggest to the dragon how to achieve that since it seemed not very keen on letting him get to the ground in the first place and besides Hev wasn't the best flyer, not because he didn't like flying, the sensation was... exciting, if he wanted to put it in a positive spirit, it was just that he never did it before. He couldn't sheath his sword or it would fall, his pendant was tossed by the wind, sometimes pressuring the throat and making it hard to breath, his shield was suddenly heavy in an odd way and his helmet clung to his nose in a desperate attempt to stay on his head "Come on! Get me to a proper position! I can't think!"
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Shadow's eyes widened as the knight made a attempt to slash. "And that is no way to treat the one that keeps you from falling to your death. "Would you rather walk?" The dragon tightened his grip, letting Hev know he was in no position to be picky about the way he was being carried. He flapped his wings once, rising higher on the warm thermals.

Quickly annoyed by the way Hev complained, he tossed him up, catching him right side up around his waist. "Happy?" Shadow lowered his claw, so the knight was on his back. "You humans are picky, aren't you?" The dragon growled, rising higher into the sky. The higher they went, the colder it got, and it took Shadow a moment to realize humans were warm blooded, and froze easily. He dove back down rapidly, into the warmer air where Hev would be comfortable.

"Which way?" Shadow growled, hoping the knight answered him this time.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:34 pm

The world finally was in order, sky and earth at the right place. Hev chacked all hit equipment was still on him and it took Him a moment to realized where the were and where they were heading, and after a visit to some different layers of the atmosphere which now he knew got colder as you climbed, he said "Go south-west, toward the hill with the huge oak and keep going that way, we've got a day flight at this speed and don't you hurry, there's no point in getting exhausted before the fight, and we'll need to camp somewhere away from roads, it'll take them a few more days to reach their destination." After a moment of getting more comfortable for the benefit of both himself and the dragons' he raising his voice over the wind "Now, would you rather I walk, and you could catch up just every now and then? 'No' lad, the answer is 'no', and if you think either of us will fair better than the other versus those thugs you're wrong. They can bring you down from the sky and they can gang on me so I'd say you can quit the cocky attitude and play along and it'll save us a lot of silliness on the way." and after a moment he added "And maybe better chances on the fight." Now that he got more used to the sensation flying wasn't all that bad, you didn't get to see every branch of every tree but you didn't really needed to, when trees were the size of twigs and you were going as fast as the wind Hev found he could let the hills and trees and boulders slip under him the same way he looked at water when he was watching a river. He could get used to it, given time.

[Sorry it's the best I could come up with, I couldn't think of how to make him say something that'll break the ice in a friendly way.]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:26 pm

(I apologize, but I won't be able to write up an acceptable reply until sometime this weekend. I recently started 6th grade, so the homework level is quite high. But, I do know a site that I have joined that is very active. It would be perfect for you, if you don't mind wolves.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 pm

[That's completely alright and understandable, take your time! And err... though I don't see it as odd as I used to, I still feel something uncomfortable RPing as animals, can't explain it O.O ]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:03 pm

(I'm so so so so sorry! I thought I would get you a reply only a couple days later, but here it is a month later! Gah! I feel so bad... I don't have any excuses for not replying, except the death of a pet. Thats it.)

Shadow laughed, the great noise ehcoing off the mountains. He, a dragon, carrying a human. He hated humans! What was he doing helping one? The idea came across so funny to him, and he could barely focus on flying. Shadow recovered himself, feeling the human shifting in his large claws. Adjusting his wings a little, he turned in the direction Hev told him to go. "I just ate, there is no tiring me out yet." He growled, picturing Night in his head. Shadow wondered if she still looked the same. No matter, Night was Night. "Lad? Let me remind you, 17 in dragon years is several decades older than you, little human. I am a young dragon, but 'lad' doesn't quite fit." The dragon sighed, exhaling a little blue fire as he did so. "Remember, I am the one who holds you from falling to your death." His eyes clouded, and he felt himself sinking back into his daydreams. "I have every right to be cocky... after all, I am the dragon who could crush you right now. All you are is my direction to Night. No more. So don't think of yourself as an equal, got it?" Shadow said, his tone flat and annoyed.
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Do you think this is an ok reference for Night? And I might as well throw that girl shadow was talking about in for a short period of time. I won't keep her in for very long, long enough to meet shadow and stuff, but yeah.

~Forgotten Pain~ (Open) [R] Black_Dragon_by_leCCio

~Forgotten Pain~ (Open) [R] Dragon_huntress_by_kimsol-d5bl07y
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 am

[First off it's alright, I told you that you can wait till you're up to a reply and I meant it, so we're cool. About Night - yes, definitely, and about the girl - it's alright, too.
Hmm, I didn't think about this up till now but we should rate this thread, how about PG13 for descriptive fantasy violence (sounds like it's coming)?]

Hev rolled his eyes at the mention of the meal, he didn't had to be reminded of the dear that he nearly just ate and when the dragon kept going he had to resist rolling them again, but he came up with a reply of his own "Don't you see? That's why you're called 17, because after all this time your head is still hotter than a firefly's behind! So stop patronizing." The dragon just had to keep talking, and kept saying the wrong things to a titled Protector, even orcs knew what that mean - his head on the shiny plate, not the simple wooden one, but they did know. 'Ohh you didn't. You didn't just go there. Hev thought, the dragon won't treat him as a minion, not when they should be working together, he saw a horse herd passing below him, grazing and drinking from a wide river. "Alright mighty dragon, put me down then, release me down if you like, and you could thank me for my direction every day one of you will put an act in a circus while the others' life is threatened or make an errand for a wizard who will bend your will to his woth magic, because those are dragon hunters and they certainly can take on you, too. They have a free fireproof cage near Nights' you know, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to chat. Now, since you ALREADY know the direction I'm sure you can handle this all by your own mighty self, I'll be fine if you let me down right here, no need for a 'thank you'." Hev reminded himself that there were types of dragons, and not all of them were wise and respectful like the golden ancient one he met in the capital, thought this one was surely far from being as cruel as the acidic black one he heard of that was said to be living in a swamp to the north-west. Nontheless, if this dragon was so keen on life of servitude under some big fart out there he could as well go for it, even he wasn't as hardheaded as this flying lizard when he was a boy and that dragon should better come to it quick, or they'll all be in a big trouble. He eyes the beast from his spot, asking himself if this really was about Night or about ego, and thought he'll know soon enough. This kind of attitude, in addition to leading for defeat, could drive him mad and he didn't mean to let it happen, even if it means he'll have to make all this way back to a city or a village.

[OK, that reply got SO nearly deleted! phewh!]
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Shadow listened to the human, and looked down at him. "I can always let your lifeless body down, if you please. Night is far more important to me than you, so it would be no tragedy." He glanced down at the horses, but kept on. Shadow kept silent. "But I don't think I will. I could eat you, to fill in the corners, but I would rather die than eat something like you." He mumbled, tightening his grip and started to descend. Shadow landed with a growl, and pushed the human onto the ground. "I can remove that pretty armor of yours, and fling that sword into a lake. Just how useful would you be then, hmm? You rely on heavy clothing and iron sticks to make you powerful, but take that away, and you are weaker than a new born dragon. I'd rather be a hot headed dragon than a human who doesn't know when to shut up. I'm loyal to Night, and I don't think she would be very happy if I killed you, so I won't. Now, are you going to shut your annoying little mouth for the rest of the trip or should I remove your tongue myself?"
Harley
Harley
Excellent Star Player
Excellent Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down