Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who let the Dogs out, Man?

Go down

Who let the Dogs out, Man? Empty Who let the Dogs out, Man?

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Who let the Dogs out, Man? Australian_shepherd

~Dapple~

Dapple laid in the raggety cage, her coat matted with mud and debris. Why was there debris on her fur? She had just fallen into a manhole, hitting debris rocks. Now she was on her way to the vet; to see if she had any broken bones or anything. Dapple was in a blue Vet Van; or as the dogs callled it: The Blue Danger Machine on Wheels. 20 minutes later, Dapple arrived at the Vet. The men grabbed the cage and carried her into the Clinic. "We got a appointment with Dr. Mable Parker." The first man said. He was wearing a blue jump suit and a Orange Yankees baseball cap. He wore raggety sneakers with muddy old socks. His teeth were yellow and his breath smelled like ciagerretes. The man that was carrying Dapples' cage wore blue jeans and a dark green sweater. His eyes were light green and his teeth were as white as snow. He wore blue shoes that looked like they were brand new; Totally different from the other man. "Ok. Go down to room 201 and knock on the door." The clerk said in a snobby voice. The two men carried Dapple down the hall and to room 201. "I don't understand why we are the ones that have to do this. Couldn't Samuel and George do this?" The man with the yellow teeth sneered. "Don't you remember? They're in alaska pulling sled dogs out of broken ice." The man with the green sweater retorted, rolling his eyes. The man with the yellow teeth pounded on the door. "Hey! Open up! We got a dog that needs to be seen!" He yelled, pounding harder using the other hand to open the knob. A doctor opened the door. "Alright Sarah. I think Galb will be feeling better in about 2 hours." She said, turning her head back to the girl in the room. A little girl was holding a young lab. She hurried out and scurried out the door. Now it was Dapple's turn...

It took 2 hours. There was alot of snarling, growling, yelling, crying and screaming in there. Dapple was put in a cage, a muzzle strapped firmly on her face. "I thought you'd be calm..." The man with the sweater sighed and walked out the 'pound'. It wasn't a pound. It was where strays went until a little girl or boy, woman or man came along and took them home. There was a fluffy blanket on the cages' floor, two dog toys, and at the back there was a tiny dog flap the lead to a room with food. Dapple got to her paws and walked into the room. It was impossible to eat with the muzzle on. Dapple took a paw with sharp claws and it took 30 minutes to get off that muzzle. Dapple trotted over to the door, the muzzle under the food bowl. She pawed at the door, her claws creaking over the lock. "Get me out of here...." She moaned, collapsing on the carpet. "If only I didn't fall into the manhole..." Dapple mumbled, covering her face with her paws.

Back to top Go down