Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Story (Really more of a dream I had...)

Go down

Short Story (Really more of a dream I had...) Empty Short Story (Really more of a dream I had...)

Post by • Echo Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm

She took a deep breath as she looked up at the massive building before her.

It's walls the dark gray shade of iron, rising from the Earth, as out of place as a lion in the ocean; Metal barred the windows and only one door, locked with enchanted bolts and guarded by elite soldiers, led in, or out.

Her black hair was pulled back into an untidy ponytail that jerked her hairs across her scalp every time she moved, bangs falling into ehr face as a guard shoved her harshly forward. Her opaz eyes glittered like gems and flashed in anger as she eyed her captors. On her feet dragged heavy chains, andher wrists were bound behind her back too tightly, rough leather that cut deep into her skin. Ruby red blood dripped from the tips of her fingers.

Yet despite the mental as well as phisical pain covering her body that she felt at the hands of these cruel murderers, she still held her head high. Was still proud, still had hope, still believed, that even after everything she hand endured for as long as she had, that not everyone in the world was mericless. That not everyone was twisted and evil, taking pride in others pain to make themselves feel stronger and more powerful, killing those who spoke or acted against them. And although she would never get the chance to love again, even if she ever recovered from this, that the Lord had created ones like herself to change the world from its cold grasp and start a new era; an era of peace and happiness, fearless love and emotions.

She raised her head once more to the sky, dark with heavy rainclouds, as the water began to pour down on her, like a blessing to a starving child, like the welcoming rain that comes just after a massive fire, destroying the flames and helping rebuild. And as the heavy metal gates creaked forward, she knew that she was walking forward to her own Death.

But she also knew that she had completed her mission in life, and that, behind those dark gates of &*#%, lay Heaven, and inside of that Heaven, would be the final end of her road, and with that end, would finally come merciful, blissful peace and happiness.

For those of you who are sitting there staring at this, not understanding, let me summarize: The world is full of Hate and Evil, as it has been since the dawn of time. In this world, a young girl barely 19 stepped forward and spoke against the ones torturing other souls, leading a whole protest against the ways of Life. She lifted teh spirits of others, finally sacrificing herself at 23, knowing that she ahd made a difference and that others would be following in her previous footsteps after she was gone, changing the world from Dark to Light.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down