Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Mares With Nowhere To Go

Go down

3 Mares With Nowhere To Go Empty 3 Mares With Nowhere To Go

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:59 am

"Is it safe?" I call to my mother as she sniffs the clearing ahead.
"Yes... Yes." Sage answers, stepping out of the brush and towards the open space. I turn around and nudge my sister, Sapphyre, forward. We had been on the move for days and kept getting the scent of wolves, so now we could finally rest. When my little sister stepped into the sun, her whole coat seemed to light up, transforming from what had looked like the black of night to a more deep, metalic bronze color. Her beauty sometimes made me envious, but my own golden pelt and cream mane and tail gave me a look all my own. I fell into step beside her, occassionally looking into her chocolate brown eyes. That was one thing we shared. Our mother called from ahead.
"Cider, Sapphyre, hurry up. I've found a soft spot to lie down for a while." We went to join her as the daylight faded, all too tired to try and graze just yet. I lay down my head, sighing in the soft, sweet-smelling grass.

Back to top Go down

3 Mares With Nowhere To Go Empty Re: 3 Mares With Nowhere To Go

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:27 am

When I awoke, my left side felt cold. I tried to scoot closer to Sapphyre but just met more cool night air. My eyes snapped open, and my head turned... There was just a space of flattened grass where she had once been. I panicked, we were all we had and in a new place. But I didn't want to leave my mother or wake her up, just seeing the shape she was in told me that she needed the rest or she might not make it. Sapphyre's young and smart, I told myself. She couldn't have possibly gone far... Probably to stare at the stars again... Before I realized, I had fallen back to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Angel Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Duende~stallion~ Cinder~yearling colt~
I trot along the worn path through the forest following the scent of 3 mares. Cinder trotted behind me, keeping close because the darkness was hard to see in. I exit the trees silently, the moonlight dancing across my stearling silver coat making it look all glossy. I lifted my head and sniffed the air with flared nostrils. I survayed my home and gasped softly as my blue eyes rested upon a mare and her filly. I cocked my head to the side. I had smelt 3. I shrugged and walked past them to the far side of the clearing and stood perfectly still as I prepared for slumber. Cinder laid down at my feet and curled up into a tight white ball of fur. He looked so young and vulnerable in the moonlight. It hurt to see him motherless and me too feeling her loss. I nuzzle his flank and fall asleep.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down