Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forbidden Love [R] [Dark**Light]

2 posters

Go down

Forbidden Love [R] [Dark**Light] Empty Forbidden Love [R] [Dark**Light]

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Forbidden Love [R] [Dark**Light] 396887
Credit

N e x u s

The bright sun shone through the trees of what they considered "their" forest, lightening up the grass a bright light green color. One's full and muscular body moved through the bushes quickly, almost carelessly as he smelled the fresh morning air, his gorgeous amber/hazel eyes gleaming in the sunlight, with flecks of green in his orbs, almost like the fallen leaves of Autumn. Nexus padded quickly through the forest, his thick tail swaying side to side, and massive paws carrying him through the soft, but prickly grass underneath his pads. "What a day!" He exclaimed happily, sniffing the air for any trace of prey. He caught a whiff of rabbit, that lead down to the creek that separated the two packs. Rain Pack and Sun Pack. Nexus belonged to Rain Pack, and was proud of it. He quickened his pace, breaking out into a light run, dodging rocks and trees as he raced through the forest, his beautifully colored pelt swishing in the wind as it rushed past him, speed getting the better of the brute. Nexus was fast for his size and strength, making him was he was considered, a fortunate pack member. He was in the Warrior ranking, but the Alpha of their pack, Shadow, often considered him too carefree and fun loving for his rank. But he stayed a Warrior because of his excellence in fighting and battle tactics.

----

Nexus shook his head, and continued running, his large paws carrying him effortlessly through the forest. He could see the creek a distance a way, and a wide grin formed on his maw. Nexus picked up his already fast pace, surging forward and swiftly dodging rocks and logs, ignoring the cramps that began to burn in his chest and stomach. As he neared the creek, he leaped into the air, latching onto a tree branch with his jaws, and swung himself forward, yelling out, "Kalabunga!!!" and landing into the creek, which was about four feet deep. Nexus emerged from the water, water dripping from his chin, cheek, and nose. He looked up, only to see a fae was covered in the water he just splashed everywhere. His hazel eyes widened, the green and golden flecks brightening in the sunlight, and with surprise. Nexus dragged himself out of the water, and shook his pelt out, droplets of water flying all over the place. "Sorry about the fae! Didn't see you there!" He called humorously, sitting a few feet away from her. It was then he realized that he was in fact, sitting in Sun Pack's territory, his own pack's worst enemy.

Forbidden Love [R] [Dark**Light] Large
Credit
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forbidden Love [R] [Dark**Light] Empty Re: Forbidden Love [R] [Dark**Light]

Post by Dark**Light Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Storm padded slowly through the Sun Pack territory. Despite the name, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows over there. If anything, it was almost as dark and gloomy as Storm's fur. She was often made fun of for it. Everyone in the pack had a light brown, almost orange coat. And then there was Storm. She didn't quite fit in at the Sun Pack camp so she slept on the outskirts of the camp. One of her favorite spots was right on the outskirts of the territory. The division between Sun Pack territory and Rain Pack territory. There were times when she'd see groups of wolves playing and having fun over there and she'd long to join them and play and run away from the horrors of Sun Pack. But a part of her loved it in Sun Pack. And she loved her pack enough to protect it. But not enough to enjoy being there. She enjoyed sitting alone and would often volunteer to be scout at the border between the two packs. Nobody complained because they insisted that it was the most boring job. But she enjoyed the serenity of sitting and just observing her surroundings. Despite her name, Storm was actually a very nice, peaceful wolf when she lets her guard down. But that rarely ever happened.

It was just another normal day for Storm. She'd woken up and immediately volunteered to be Scout at the border and then made her slow journey to the edge of the territory. Her dark fur gave her enough camouflage that she could often be overlooked by wolves who weren't looking for her. Which was exactly what happened. A Rain Pack wolf had leaped into the water, disturbing Storm's daydreaming. Her pelt became covered in tiny flecks of water from the wolf's pelt. He made a comment to her but she just waited until he'd realized what he'd done. Watching the look in his eyes change ever so slightly from fun to worried, it was then that she chose to strike. She bore her bright hazel/green eyes straight into his and she snarled just a little bit. This was often what she did to the intruders. She was never violent unless she needed to be. She knew how to assert herself. Slowly standing up, she approached the intruder, showing her teeth a bit more. But something about him made her stop. She stopped mid step and then gave him an inquisitive look.
"What are you doing?" she asked, genuinely, her voice a low scratchy voice that most expect from her (judging by her appearance.) Often when intruders would come over, they had the intention of messing with her and sometimes ever attacking her. But he showed no signs of that. She was interested in his reasoning for coming over. to the Sun Pack side of the water.

(well that was bad... I'm sorry.)

Last edited by Dark**Light on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Location : Curled up in a hole ready for the cold embrace of death

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:39 pm

(No, it's fine!)

Nexus looked up at the Run Pack female with his warm, caramel-like gaze, a cheeky grin forming on his wide maw. "Oh, you know. Takin' a quick swim, not bothering with my duties with the pack. The usual," he chuckled, sitting back on his haunches and licking his forepaw. He gave his multi, autumn colored pelt one more good shake, blinking his apology. He curled his tail over his large front paws, looking back at the odd female, looking her over. "My name's Nexus! What's yours, love?" Nexus asked, tilting his head curiously. He took a quick inhale, the scent of his brother wafting into his nose, causing him to tense. Nexus let out a silent, little growl at the thought of his older brother, Ashton. Smoky, dark gray almost black fur, bright yellow eyes, and "humble", Alpha-like stance. He hated it. His father barely paid attention to Nexus.

(THAT, was bad.)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:28 pm

(It wasnt that bad. You're exaggerating.)

Storm still remained on guard, but she relaxed her muscles a bit and sat down. She scoffed slightly when he made a remark about ignoring his duties. Of course, everything is all fine and dandy over in Rain Pack. Tuning away when the male shook his coat again, she sighed, thinking I really shouldn't be doing this. I mean... He's part of the enemy pack. I'll never be allowed to be scout again if I'm caught. Storm turned back to the male, listening as he announced himself as 'Nexus.' She could feel her gaze softening as he called her 'love.' But immediately Storm caught herself and returned her gaze to the hardened look she'd been giving him. "Storm." she replied simply. If she was going to fraternize with the enemy, she wasn't about to do it in any cheerful manner. But he wasn't causing any harm to the pack, or at least looked like he had no intention to, so there was no reason to drive him out other than the fact that he was a Rain Pack member.

Hearing him growl slightly, she changed her stance again and tightened her muscles, ready to attack. She knew she shouldn't have trusted him. Then she caught a whiff of another wolf's scent. Another Rain Pack member. Their scents had some similar aspects and not just the general Rain Pack smell. They were related. Storm stood up, snarling. "Get off of our land." she snarled, "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you to even let you stay this long. I knew you'd pull something like this... Get out of this territory. And never put another paw in it again." Storm approached the male, not afraid of the fact that he was a bit bigger than him. He was clearly a warrior for the pack, judging by his large paws and build. There was no way she would be able to win a full on fight with him but all she had to do was make him think that she could. She was, of course, trained for fighting in the event that a wolf refused to leave but she never really let it come down to violence. She wasn't that type of wolf. That was why she couldn't be a warrior. Not because she was small or incapable of fighting, but because she wanted to be peaceful, despite her feisty personality.

(Geez... I am really out of practice. I need to get back into the swing of things...)

Last edited by Dark**Light on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Nexus was genuinely surprised by Storm's sudden aggression, though he just scoffed. "That's just my good-two-shoes brother. He has no interest in looking after me, and I don't care to take after him." He muttered, rolling his eyes. "He's too busy being the heir of my father, and I'm just.. Here," Nexus added, sighing softly. Then, he heard a snarl. On the other side of the stream, back in Rain Pack territory, was his father. "What the Hell are you doing? Get back here you nuisance!" Shadow snarled. Nexus sighed irritably, and nodded goodbye to Storm before leaping over to his side of the land. Coming to walk up to his father and speak, Shadow pinned him down and bit his muzzle. "What do you think you're doing? Are you trying to get us in trouble?" Shadow demanded. Nexus flattened his ears. "No, I was just-" Shadow cut him off by snapping. "If you want to be anything like Ashton, I suggest you clean up your act!" He sneered. Nexus's blood boiled with anger, and he snarled. "I don't want to be like you or 'oh so perfect' Ashton!" Nexus spat, shoving his father off and racing to the edge of the territory. His caramel eyes blazed with anger and hurt. Nexus looked at his reflection in the stream, sighing softly.

(Thank you thank you. Yours is good too!)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Storm forced herself to calm down, lowering the fur that was standing up on her neck. She sat down and was about to speak when she was cut off. Her gaze snapped over to the other side of the water where a large wolf, similar to her in color, was standing. She looked back over to Nexus before watching him leave. To be honest with herself, Storm didn't mind the company. He wasn't like most of the other wolves from Rain Pack who would come over just to mess with her and pull at her last nerve. He was different. She hated to see him go but she knew it would've happened sooner or later. Its not like they would be able to run away together and be rogues just for the fun of it. Suddenly she was snapped out of her daydreaming again by the Rain Pack wolves. She listened closely only to hear Nexus's comment about not wanting to be like his brother. Then he went racing back to the stream. Storm suddenly stood up and did something she never thought she'd do. She followed Nexus about as far down as she could go on her side of the divide before dipping a paw into the water and leaping across. She approached Nexus from behind and then stopped.
"You alright?" she asked softly, "Sounds like you're having a rough day..." she muttered. Storm paused and looked down at her paws. "If it is any consolation... You're still better off than I am." Storm mumbled. She wasn't one for comforting other wolves. But she felt wrong by not addressing that he was having problems. She felt obligated to help him out and make him feel better. But she had no idea why...

(It bothered me that we weren't typing in the same font/alignment...)

Last edited by Dark**Light on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 pm

(Ahah, it's cool. xD)

Nexus stared at his reflection, eyes ghosting every feature he had. To his bright eyes, to his gorgeous colors, to the scar over his muzzle from a fight. He felt a tightening in his throat at the nick in his ear, which had been given to him by Andrea, his deceased mate. When they first met, it wasn't all fun and games. He teased her, she attacked him. Nexus pictured her snowy white pelt that shimmered with light silver, and her lovely blue eyes. He snapped out of his little daydream when he heard Storm's voice and lifted his head, caramel eyes meeting yellowish green. Smiling, he sat up properly and chuckled. "I'm more than alright, I suppose. Rough day sure, but not awful." He replied, shrugging his broad shoulders. Nexus just shook his head. "No actually, I'm not. Rain Pack isn't all dandy and friendly like most expect. We avoid fights, but punishment is harsh if we step out of line. And as the Alpha's son, I have no choice but to listen." He replied.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:10 am

Storm scrached at her ear a bit as Nexus continued talking. She could've sworn she'd heard something from the Sun Pack territory. She ignored it and continued listening to Nexus, who went on about how Rain Pack wasn't all that great. Then it hit her. Nexus was the Alpha's son. And he, of all the wolves in the pack, was the one who was hanging out with a wolf from another pack. "Ya know," Storm muttered when Nexus had finished talking, "I never would've guessed that you're the Alpha's son... I mean, you have no problem being around a wolf from another pack. A wolf from Sun Pack, for that matter." Just as she'd finished her statement, Storm heard a twig snap across the river. She was immediately on guard and her fur spiked up as she snapped her head back in the direction of the sound.

Someone was watching her.

(I'm sorry this is mildly terrible.  I haven't written in forever. But at least I'm writing again.)

Last edited by Dark**Light on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Nexus's beautiful honey colored eyes glanced the female's way, shrugging his broad shoulders. "It's not like I want to be Alpha, or that I'm ever going to be," he responded, rolling his eyes. "That privilege goes to my perfect, goody-two-paws older brother Ashton." The brute shook out his lovely colored pelt, smiling kindly at Storm with that charming, goofy grin. He rolled onto his back, paws sprawled up into the air has he stared at her from upside down. "You look silly upside down," he observed playfully, giving the Sun Pack female a wink.

(SSS. I'm at a friend's house. xD)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Storm was slightly taken aback by the fact that Nexus didn't really want to be Alpha. Most of the males in Sun Pack would have lunged at the chance to be Alpha, asserting their dominance over anybody who so much as looks at them the wrong way. When he flopped over onto his back, Storm chuckled a bit. "You look pretty silly, too." she remarked, smiling a playful smile. Then her expression changed as she looked down at him. She smirked a bit before tapping his stomach and saying "Tag, you're it!" Storm dashed off and ran down the bank of the stream that served as the border between the two pack territories, kicking up water as she splashed into the stream and laughing a bit. For once in her life, Storm wanted to have some fun and be a happy wolf. With a friend. Though she wasn't sure whether she could call Nexus her friend, after all he was in her rival pack. But she didn't seem to care. She certainly felt something for him. Though, she just wasn't sure what it was yet.

Last edited by Dark**Light on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Nexus never really was one for authority. Of course, in his own group of friends, he was like their leader. Coming up with shenanigans, talking them into it, and causing any trouble he possibly could. As frustrated as higher ranks got, they never scoffed at Nexus's fighting and tracking skills, or his gift of making anyone smile. The idea of Alpha to him felt like too much of a responsibility. When Storm tagged his fluffy belly, he shot up so fast he couldn't even register moving. "Hey! You didn't even announce a game was happening," he whined mockingly, with a slight pout. Oh wait... I do that to my friends all the time... He chuckled and raced after the Sun Pack female playfully, splashing into the cold water with enthusiasm. As much as he knew wolves at home would kill him for this, he was prepared for any blow. This was tons of fun! Nexus tackled Storm in the flank, knocking her into the shallow part of the water. "Now you're it," he remarked with an egotistical smirk.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark**Light Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Storm laughed as she dashed through the water, hearing Nexus's playful shock. As she felt the cool water on her paws she was suddenly knocked over and on her back. She grinned playfully up at Nexus before he made his remark. Her expression fell as she leaped up and chased after him. "No fair! You tripped me! That was fowl play!" she called, dashing through the water. She leaped forward and barreled into Nexus's side before pinning him on his back. "Gotcha." she said, smirking. She lingered for a moment, staring at Nexus's features and his kind eyes. Then, as if it never happened, Storm leaped off and dashed into deeper water, paddling with her large paws when she couldn't feel the river floor anymore.

(It bothered me that we both weren't doing the dialogue in color thing. I'm all for continuity. So tbh I'm probably going to go back and edit all of my posts. XD)
Dark**Light
Dark**Light
Advanced Player
Advanced Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down