Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Like the rain that falls." [R] [Daydreamer]

2 posters

Go down

"Like the rain that falls." [R] [Daydreamer] Empty "Like the rain that falls." [R] [Daydreamer]

Post by P r o m i s e r Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:04 pm

"Like the rain that falls." [R] [Daydreamer] 2148826
"I cant change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to reach my destination."

Like the rain that fell upon the cold Earth's surface, a massive figure made his way through the trees and mud that clung to his russet colored pelt, he blinked the rain out of his gorgeous silver eyes. Arrow was no ordinary, asshole kind of brute. No, he was focused, and cunning. An Assassin, but no blood thirty beast. Arrow felt his fur stand on end as a cold rush of wind harshly blew in his direction, forcing him to move faster for some kind of shelter. Breaking out into a run, Arrow sprinted quite easily through the snow, considering his sheer size. He dodged several trees and rocks, the sound of his paws hitting the ground pouncing off the trees and echoing into the misty forest within, sure to disappear as if the echoes was the mist itself. Arrow felt the flexing of his muscles underneath his enormous frame, and sprinted faster, in hope of a den, or even a badger's burrow to rest in. His stomach growled, and he quenched of thirst. "This wasteland is nothing like Lakota promised! He swore that Pine Forest was full of healthy wolves, and food. I should return to Blackberry Hill right now!" Arrow growled, but he took a deep breath, and calmed himself down. He thought out what he was going to do. Blackberry Hill was no better than this place. Full of wolves, maybe, but Pine Forest was denser, and surely more dens would be found. Arrow shook his massive cranium, and slowed into a trot, almost wagging his tail at the sight of a river, not frozen over. He dipped his head, and lapped up the cold liquid, swallowing fast, and satisfying his thirst. Arrow followed the bank of the river, praying to find a dead carcass of something.

----

Arrow slowly approached a half eaten doe, sniffing the air for any trace of wolf. Nothing. He shrugged, and dug into the flesh, his sharp canines tearing through it with ease. It had been two days since Arrow had eaten, and this doe would be enough for him until tomorrow morning. He ate his fill, and turned away from the carcass, continuing on his journey to find shelter. Then a sweet, but familiar scent filled his nose. Not a familiar scent to just him, but to any male wolf. It was a fae, and she was in heat. Arrow narrowed his eyes, as his tool poked out of its sheath, but quickly resisted the urge, and followed the scent. Arrow was no forcer. He was polite, and kind. Wise for his age. What came to his sight made his blood boil, but he remained calm as he looked at the bloodied female. Arrow approached her slowly, and barked softly, careful not to startle her. "Pardon me, miss. But are you alright?" Arrow asked in his slight Australian Accent, stopping a few feet away, in case she was hostile, or he scared her.

----

Arrow sat down, and patiently waited for her to reply, his silver eyes showing a soft and kind emotion. 'Jesus, is she alright?' Arrow thought to himself, a bit worried for the fae.

(Well, it's better than most of my posts. Credit for photo goes to original owner. xD)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Like the rain that falls." [R] [Daydreamer] Empty Re: "Like the rain that falls." [R] [Daydreamer]

Post by Daydreamer Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:17 pm

(I hope this is okay!)

Alone. The word rang clear and strong in Kaya’s head. She was alone, and every step she took, she could feel pain shoot up her wounded leg. She lowered her head, giving the mangled flesh a soft lick before pulling back, with a sharp whine. The young fae felt completely lost, and betrayed. She looked around the unfamiliar territory, her snow white coat was dotted with blood, and she couldn’t put weight on her paw without cringing. She felt like howling to the sky, about all that had been lost to her. She would never see her mother again; she would be killed if she tried to return. The only child of a beta female that shouldn’t of had pups. The rest were still born, Kaya was the only one who survived. The pack was furious with her, threatened to chase her out but it was the middle of winter and they weren’t completely stone cold killers, even if the alpha of the pack had a bad reputation of being heartless. They allowed her mother and her to stay, but not before she was ranked down to an omega. Kaya never knew her father, probably some wolf that was just passing through. However the moment Kaya was old enough to fend for herself she was chased out, but not before being attacked by some of the stronger male cubs of the alpha, who seemed to have the time of their lives chasing out the much hated fae. It wasn’t her fault! Why should she have to suffer?

She looked around again, tail tucked in between her legs, she hoped that some brute wouldn’t come along and find her. She was already small for a wolf, and her eyes gleamed with innocent and a naïve spirit. She sat down, trying to lick her paw again, cringing at the blood and the pain but she had to keep it clean, she knew the dangers of an open wound. Her stomach grumbled and she let out a sigh, how was she supposed to hunt like this? Her ears pricked listening to the sound of the forest, but she didn’t hear the other wolf coming until he was standing before her. His scent rushing into her nose, she stood frozen to the ground. She wanted to run, but her hobbling along would be pointless. So she pressed herself to the ground, showing her completely submissive side. It was the only way she had survived the two years with her pack, and the only thing she could think of to right now in front of this massive wolf. He was much bigger than in her, in height and frame. He could snap her in two. She looked at him with wide mistrusting eyes. He spoke, in a gentle bark but she was still cautious. She looked down, not meeting his gaze. “I’m alright, just a bit banged up” she said, her voice slightly shaking. She pricked her ears at the sound of his strange accent, she had never heard any wolf speak like that, and she became slightly curious about the wolf sitting before her, but she didn’t dare rise from the ground and kept her eyes to the ground in a respectful state.

(All credit to original owner http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/34629157.jpg ) If you want a pic!
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

"Like the rain that falls." [R] [Daydreamer] Empty Re: "Like the rain that falls." [R] [Daydreamer]

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:20 pm

(Ah, it's great! c:)

Arrow looked down upon the small fae, his gorgeous russet colored pelt gleaming a bright orange now that the sun was out, and he looked the female over. He stood about 9 inches taller, at least, and he was definitely much bulkier than she, but Arrow did not take this to his advantage as the snow white wolf lowered herself to the ground submissively, almost surprising him. Arrow was respected, but he wasn't shown submission without being fought. This fae must have been through something quite rough. He took a step forward slowly, and sniffed her gently, the metallic smell of blood hitting the roof of his mouth, and filling his nose. The smell of blood was a scent that Arrow was very fond of, but didn't quite enjoy.

----

He couldn't point out what might've happened to the fae, but he merely smiled, and softened his gaze. "Well mate, we should find you some shelter, shouldn't we? The rain is bound to return, and I was looking for a den anyway." Arrow said, and looked her over once more. "By the way, my name is Arrow," then he added, "can you walk at all?" And stood up, ready to catch her if she fell. What a gentlebrute.

(Teehee. I like making up words. cx)
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:28 pm

(Okay great thanks! Hehe gentlebrute)

Kaya looked up at him, finally meeting his gaze for a moment before looking down. She had to admit she felt extremely tiny next to him, but she could feel herself start to relax. He didn’t seem as if he wanted to hurt her in any way, he wouldn’t be offering to help her if he was. She didn’t let her guard down though; she had been beaten up by brutes too many times to just let it go this once. She raised her ears and slowly rose from her submissive pose on the ground. She couldn’t help but flinch away as he got closer to sniff the blood that was on her coat. The once beautiful white fluffy coat was now matted, ripped, and covered in blood. She didn’t know what this wolf was thinking of her right now, in this state.

She watched him as his gaze softened, she relaxed again. She nodded her little head, her piercing blue eyes met his again and this time she held it. “I’m Kaya” she said, her soft and sweet. She started to stand up, favoring her leg but she could hold herself up standing, “I’m alright, I think I can walk” she said holding her paw up as she took a step. “Thank you for helping me” she said shyly.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Arrow had started to walk, then stopped dead in his tracks and rotated his head around at the sound of her voice. 'Kaya'.. That was a gorgeous name, Arrow thought to himself, and smiled gently. "You're most welcome, Kaya." He replied politely, and slowed his pace so he walked by her side, just in case she lost her balance. Arrow sniffed the ground for any trace of a den, and his eyes brightened as he could smell stale, almost vanished wolf scent on the ground. Arrow could see the den up on the hill, and smiled, padding towards it and peeking inside. No wolves. Just a couple dead rabbits. He looked over his shoulder and nodded at Kaya approvingly, then walked in.

----

"Burr, it's cold out there!" Arrow barked, shaking his coat then laying down, looking at Kaya with his silver colored eyes, looking like splinters of ice in this light.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Kaya returned Arrow’s smile, feeling a bit more comfortable around the brute. If he wanted to hurt her, he would’ve done that by now. She felt steadier on her feet now, and every other step she would slightly lean against Arrow’s shoulder before taking a breath and forcing herself to keep going. The drying blood on her coat was uncomfortable and it still hurt. She didn’t want to re-open anything, and make it start bleeding.  They finally reached a small den, and Kaya couldn’t help but let out a loud breath of relief. Finally, she stopped and leaned over to lick at her paw, trying to clean at least a bit of the blood off. Her ears pricked as she looked around, tasting and scenting the air for any nearby wolves but it seemed that it was long-abandoned.

She followed him in, and lied down next to him, their fur only slightly touching. She shivered a bit as she continued to try and clean herself off a bit, and see the damage of the wounds. She glanced up at Arrow, “Nice job finding this place” she said softly, her sweet voice echoing in the small cavern.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by P r o m i s e r Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Arrow looked around the cavern walls, seeing long claw marks along the smooth stone, and a few dry splats of blood, but the scent was so stale, not even a badger with the most acute sense of smell would be able to scent it. The massive brute swung his head to look at Kaya, then dropped his cranium to pick up one fish, dropping it next to her. "Eat. You'll need strength." He encouraged, Australian Accent flowing which seemed to sound rugged and husky, but smooth like silk at the same time. Arrow padded a couple feet away, and sat down, blistering silver orbs glittering, despite the small amount of light in the cave, it was still bright enough to meet his eyes. He dropped into a laying position, and began thinking ahead of time. 'Tomorrow, if Kaya is strong enough, I'll take her to the river to cleanse the blood on her coat. If not, I'll get up in the morning and hunt for her. She must be hurting.' Arrow thought, thinking everything through.

---

Arrow looked up at the sound of Kaya's voice, and blinked once, realizing their fur touching. "Quite a nice little place, eh?" He smirked, looking around and smiling, his gaze dropping back on Kaya. "If I may ask, how old are you?" Arrow asked politely.
P r o m i s e r
P r o m i s e r
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down