Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baldrick M. Haney - "Double Tapper"

Go down

Baldrick M. Haney - "Double Tapper" Empty Baldrick M. Haney - "Double Tapper"

Post by Amalgamator Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Name: Baldrick Malthore Haney
Alias: Bal, Al, or Rick, "Double Tapper"
Race: Caucasian
Class/Status: Middleclass
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Relationship(s): N/A
Time Period: Modern
Profession(s):
-He is trained in Muay Thai, concealed carrying and has firearm proficiency. He has taken multiple firearm and self-defense classes, and has completed pre-requisite courses for monitoring and running a firing range, sailing, babysitting, driving, fire department volunteering and tutoring.
-He has assisted in monitoring a firing range for three years, babysat sporadically for five years, and has instructed sailing for two years. He has also worked as a life-guard, a tutor and as a volunteer at a fire department, and has won a few shooting competitions and Muay Thai matches.
-He is sporadically called to work at a firing range to teach lessons and to manage the gun-shop section.
-Known as the "Double Tapper" for having a ridiculously fast trigger pull at 5 lbs of trigger pull weight on a single-action, semi-auto pistol. It took him 5.63 seconds to hit a target 20 times while standing unassisted.

Appearance:
-6' 4" or 1.93 meters
-194 lbs or 88 kilograms
-He wears short-sleeved collared shirts, ultra-thin dragonscale vest, crew-cut socks, steel-toed hiking boots, a plain jacket or hoodie, and a pair of hunting pants or denim jeans.
-He tends to favor practicality over any remote fashion taste and usually has a disheveled and rough around the edges look, clean enough to be "hygienic" and nothing more. He will never be seen in shorts, a tank-top, or an overcoat.
-His gear usually consists of a waterproof watch on his right wrist along with a black paracord wristband on his left wrist. Dog tags hang around his neck. When working at the range, he will wear a belt with a holster and a FNP-45 along with three extra magazines, a F.T.W.S. knife with sheath, and a taser with holster. Out of the field of work, he has a concealed carry license for his Sig Sauer p226(.357) paired with a hip-holster and a Screaming Eagle 5.8" with sheath. On his college campus, he usually sticks to just his p226 for legal backing.
-He has light brown hair cut short at about two inches and left more-or-less untended after waking up in the morning.
-He is highly active and muscular, moderately flexible, no permanent injuries, and is usually tired, sometimes shaky from shooting too much. His vision is 20/20 and he has optimal hearing.
-He eats like a horse and usually goes for trail mix and beef jerky, avoiding chips, fries and pizza at all cost while dining on any medium or high-quality meat available. Cliff and granola bars can sustain him indefinitely. He drinks a healthy 3000 mL of water a day and supplements vitamins as needed. He is also addicted to fruit snacks.

Personality:
-Cattell's 16:
Spoiler:
-Quirks:
Spoiler:
-He is right handed, however capable of writing or shooting with either hand.
-He is primarily introverted, however no problem with communicating or socializing with others, so long as they don't make too much small talk.
-He is highly assertive in formal or high-stress circumstances, and mostly passive in informal situations.
-He uses a great deal of honorisms, enunciates very clearly, pauses as opposed to using "um" or "uhh," and sometimes changes accent or language depending on his company.
-He makes use of APCO 10 codes, sometimes cracks binary or Morse Code jokes, and has been known to give nicknames to guns, techniques, rounds, materials, and even co-workers.
-Bad Habits – He has an addiction to fruit snacks, tests sharpness of knives with fingernails, cleans insides of fingernails with canine teeth, practices tai boxing without hand protection, uses sleeping pills to get a good night's rest, and sometimes forgets to clean up after a day at the range.
-Strengths – He is proficient in combat, impeccable reflexes and reaction time, steady hands, physically fit, calm in high-stress or panic situations, very understanding of fear and other abnormal emotions, unfazeable, highly observant, highly proficient at survival, knowledgeable about weaponry, munitions and fighting styles, and predictive of hostile or emergency situations up to an hour before occurrence.
-Weaknesses – He is seemingly unfriendly, addicted to fruit snacks, highly awkward with flirtatious socializing, intimidating, dominating, he occasionally makes incorrect psychological observations, judges suspicious or hostile (things) with prejudice, is ticklish, overprotective at times, quick to blame self, and is not accepting of defeat.
-Phobias/Fears - No phobias; he is only afraid of failure or of the death or injury of friends and family.
-Morals - "There is no safe place, only secured locations. I secure everywhere I go," "It's not so much that I don't like flirting, it is that I don't think I'm worthy," "If I see you doing something stupid, you better bet I'm going to stop you," "I don't work for money, or for people, or for gratitude. I work for pleasure, because life is a ***n fun job," "What is the first step to defending yourself? Running the ***k away. Step two? Cap the *****r," "Nothing can separate you from a good knife, because a good knife separates anything that tries," "Okay, look. If drugs had a jelly form, this would be it."
-Likes - Fruit snacks, firearms(except magnums), SOG and TOPS knives, yelling, ballistics sunglasses, a good Muay Tai match, Cliff and Granola bars, hiking, running, weight lifting, psychology, work, babysitting, justice, soda, and aluminum can tabs.
-Dislikes - Fruit snacks, magnums, Harley Davidson, reloading, dud rounds, being hungry, tripping, sleepless nights, annoying kids, rebellious citizens/anarchists, terrorists, viscous mud, stepping in dung, gun jams, switching calibers, range ninjas, scanty-dressing women, hot weather, being tickled, cutting himself, "romance," ignorance, excuses, and pop-, rap-, dubstep- and electric-genre music.
-Goals - "I don't have a clue as to what exactly I expect of the future. Knowing my luck, I'll have a led in my head by tomorrow," "You won't have a head long if you touch her," "It would be nice if people got to know me better," "If only I could eat fruit snacks without my hands..."

Skills:
-Exceptional accuracy and proficiency with most firearms and knives.
-Competitive Muay Thai boxer.
-Predictive with psychological observations.
-Exceptionally observant at all times.
-Able to run quickly for moderately long time spans and lift heavy weights.
-Fantastic babysitter.
-Great with mnemonic devices and remembering things.
-Highly proficient wilderness survivor.
-Fantastical Abilities:
(Specific to role play)

Origin/Back-Story:
-Date of Birth - 25 January, 1990
-Place of Birth - (Specific to role play)
-Education - Pre School to 8th grade were completed, switching back and forth between two public schools and a home-schooling curriculum. High school was completed at a very formal Liberal Arts school. He is currently learning at a university and pursuing a Major in psychology.
-Parents – Baldrick’s father was an abusive man who, despite being violent and inappropriately vulgar, knew his limits. He was extremely disciplinary and strict, bestowing punishments for even minor transgressions of family behavioral expectations. He was a working man who was only home on weekends, often gone even on holidays for his job in biomedical engineering. While at home, he often drank whisky until he fell asleep, eventually incurring his death.
Baldrick’s mother was a submissive and embarrassingly lustful woman who also gave her children strict punishment. She presented more sympathy and usually did not chastise her children, however she was the first to take away privileges. She worked at home, pursuing research and occasionally teaching at a university.
-Friends - Three main friends:
Johnny was your average perpetually tired boy in 5th grade who seemed likely to be carrying drugs at any particular moment based on his appearance and attire. He was a highly trust-worthy friend who always got Baldrick's back whenever they decided to go on an "adventure," or do something dangerous or stupid. Relatively shy, and sporadically appearing, but always worth the time when around.
Midrith was an action-loving girl who lived in the same neighborhood as Baldrick. Whenever either of them got a new ballistics toy or some sort of weapon, they would invite each other over and test it out on some target in their back yards. Unfortunately, she died in a car crash while Baldrick was in his Freshman year of high school. He cried the longest in his life that night, a record of one minute and 26 seconds.
Garry was a wild-card who Baldrick met in his junior year of high school. Few people could relate to Baldrick's sentiments in high school, but Garry was one of them. The two got together "like peas in a pod," but Garry ended up in an ROTC scholarship and the two never saw each other again. Prom night of their junior year, Garry and Baldrick decided to do the worm on the dance floor together, getting an entire page in the yearbook solely for them.
-Traumatic Experiences - Two in particular:
11/20/05 - Midrith and her mother were taking a left turn at an intersection when a drugged-up truck driver slammed on its accelerator, instantly killing all occupants of both vehicles upon impact. Baldrick's mother spoke too loud on the night of the event, Baldrick heard, and cried for a whole minute and 26 seconds, the most tears expelled in his life. After this event, he could not fall asleep for two nights straight, later being diagnosed with chronic insomnia after habitually falling asleep during Health class.
06/08/01 - Baldrick's father drank to the point of intoxication at midnight and violently woke up Baldrick. The situation escalated to the point where he drew a gun, his Model 629(.44 magnum), however he was knocked out by his wife via frying pan immediately after. Baldrick would not speak to his father for the next month, even upon incurring punishment. After this point, Baldrick decided to train himself and to practice self-defense so that nothing of the sort could happen again.
-Memorable Experiences - Too many to count. Many involve firearms, running, training, sharpening knives, camping, hiking, sitting in a tent or around a campfire, and friends. He occasionally flashes back to memorable experiences during everyday activities.

(You can comment if you want, but if you want to start a role play I would prefer it if you would PM me.)
Amalgamator
Amalgamator
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum