Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows of the Heart [ R ]

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Shadows of the Heart [ R ]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadows of the Heart [ R ]

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 am

(It's all good. Very Happy)

Thor took a step back as the beast groaned in its suffering. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Loki stepping forward to send another blast at the bilgesnipe. The god took another few steps back to give his brother an open target. As the blue blast came forth, Thor looked on with the lust of battle in his eye. The creature burst into another session of guttural moans then all became still. Well, I was hoping to get the death blow, he thought to himself, walking over to the beast and nudging it with his foot. "Good show, Loki!" Thor congratulated his brother, hitting the creature on the head with his hammer to clarify its death.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Loki watched as his brother moved over to the silent bilgesnipe. It was nice that the thing had stopped making those wretched noises. Quite bothersome, they were, but then again, bilgesnipe were nothing but beasts, so why should they sound angelic? It made sense they had the gravelly voices of the underworld, or so Loki would describe it. Loki snorted quietly when Thor nudged the beast, seemingly disappointed it was already dead. Loki had a good reason to believe Thor had wanted to kill it. Perhaps next time; if there was a next time. He'd gotten a feel for how powerful the tesseract was, and what was in his scepter wasn't even the full package, it was merely like a prologue into...more powerful things to come. He welcomed the actions others might call monstrous. However, he didn't think them as monstrous. Merely innovative ways to use the mind to get what one wants...who could ask for anything more, anyways? Getting what you want is all humans wanted, the selfish creatures, and he could respect them only in that aspect, but their ambitions were futile. After all, what could a human, who had practically no control over anything, do to get what they truly desired? They have tons of money? They're unhappy. They don't have any money? They're unhappy. They can buy whatever they want? They realize money can't buy happiness. He smirked at his brother's praise. "Why thank you, Thor. Maybe next time you can kill it," Loki said offhandedly, although he didn't at all plan on there being a next time. He shook his head when Thor dropped the hammer on the beast's head. Well, if for some reason it hadn't been dead before, it was most certainly dead now. "Shall we head back, or do you wish to spend a bit more time out here?"
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

http://otakucastle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Thor picked up his hammer, attaching it to his belt easily. Satisfied completely now that the bilgesnipe had died although upset at the fact that he himself did not get to deal the final blow to the beast, he turned to Loki. The god eyed his brother's scepter warily then transferred his eyes to Loki's face. At his brother's comment, Thor nodded slightly. "Maybe, if we ever go hunting like this again," he said as he looked back down at the bilgesnipe, earning himself a smile. "Yeas, perhaps we'll go back to the palace. I've worked up an appetite during our outing," Thor replied, taking a few steps towards Loki, making up the space between them quickly.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Loki nodded, resting his hand holding the scepter by his side, looking over the beast. It was such a waste, leaving it here, but he supposed other animals would eventually come and feast on its remains. So, he supposed, it wasn't an entire waste. They'd just fed a bunch of other animals by killing the beast, if animals even ate bilgesnipes. If they didn't, he wouldn't be surprised. Foul creatures, they were, and if he were an animal he wouldn't step within ten feet of them. He caught Thor looking at the scepter for the second time, and a smile ghosted his lips, quickly disappearing when Thor looked at him again. Thor had every reason to be wary, and he very well should be. Thor could probably figure, if he got past his state of seemingly endless naivety, what Loki planned on doing. But this time, he had a plan. A plan that didn't necessarily involve completely destroying Midgard... No, not completely. Not this time. It would be very interesting, however, to see what happened, and how it all played out. He was confident it was foolproof. Loki nodded, turning slightly when Thor moved closer. "Alright, then, let us head back and get something to eat."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Thor nodded, stretching momentarily before heading back into the trail they had followed into the forest in the first place. "I wonder if the cooks have anything prepared," he thought aloud, tinkering with his belt buckle. Honestly, he was still trying to figure out why Loki still had his scepter. Not that he was completely against it since the scepter was a valuable weapon. He tilted his head to look back at Loki. "Do want to request anything from the kitchen, brother, when we get back?" Thor questioned.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Loki nodded a bit, highly disinterested in the topic of conversation. He wasn't all that hungry; he'd never eaten much anyways. Nothing like his brother. Of course, their differences were bountiful. There wasn't much they had in common, other than they were alive, and in Asgard. Otherwise, he didn't see much similarities in them. He cast a sideways glance at his 'brother,' wondering what life would be like now if he'd never been told he was a Jotun...if he'd never figured out why his father had favored Thor all of these years. Of course, he couldn't have a monster sitting on his throne, now could he? His precious, golden throne that only the golden boy could sit upon. Oh, all hail the royal highness. Loki jerked his head back to looking at the path in front of him. It wasn't good for him to rile up his temper now, when he had the scepter in his hands that could no doubt do formidable damage to his brother. Put him in his place. Loki gritted his teeth together, letting out his breath through his nose, calming himself before his anger reached his brother's senses. He shook his head a little bit, "No, I'm alright. I'm not very hungry, so I'll probably retire to my quarters. I've been out all day, it'll be nice to return to the palace and relax."

Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:27 pm

"Alright. I can send someone to bring you anything if you need it," Thor nodded, honoring his brother's choice. He then returned to his own thoughts, starting to worry about becoming king. He'd have to give up so much of his freedom, stuck in the palace all day listening to people's troubles and figuring ways to keep peace. He would never have any chances to go to Midgard to see Jane or protect those mortals. No wonder father is always tired, the blonde male thought as the duo entered the cobbled streets of Asgard'd fine city.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Loki nodded a bit at his brother's comment. As the two fell into silence, Loki welcomed it. It gave him a chance to be left to his own thoughts, to finish formulating the plan that had already sprouted in his mind. There was no possible way out of this one, no possible way for him to fail. Some may think him heartless for the plan he'd created, but in all reality Loki wondered if he'd ever really had a heart to begin with. A kind one, he meant. Not one in general. Whatever he had now was not what his brother had, for instance. His heart was shrouded in ice. He preferred it that way. The only thing that frustrated him now was he only had the skeleton, he didn't have means for execution and he wasn't sure how he'd fit all of the puzzle pieces together. Sure, he knew he'd get it in time, but time was something he wasn't willing to waste. The sooner her got the plan into motion the better, considering it wasn't a "take over the world in a day" type plan. It was intricate. It was going to take time. Loki let out a quiet sigh as the sound of his feet changed from that of a wood trail to that of cobblestone. Loki looked over at his brother a bit, seeing a slightly discomforted look on his face. "Is something troubling you, brother?"
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Thor looked up at the blue sky, shaking the thoughts out of his head. He heard his brother's question, tałibv a minute to think before replying,"Just thinking about becoming king. I honestly worried me." Of course he thought he could tell Loki anything, forgetting multiple times that they weren't really brothers. "Don't worry yourself about my thoughts," he then advised.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Loki continued to look at his brother for a moment longer, watching as he looked up at the sky, and when he didn't get an answer right away he inwardly shrugged it off and continued walking towards the palace, eager to relax finally, and be alone to brood, like usual. He nodded slowly when Thor finally spoke. "Mm, it is a big responsibility, becoming king, and you'll have much more on your plate than you do currently," Loki commented offhandedly, somewhat a jab at trying to knock Thor's confidence down a notch and him just saying something Loki would say. The two were really one in the same, but that was beside the point. He shrugged at what Thor said, "I may be a liar and a trickster, but I am being sincere when I say you can confide in me if the burden becomes to heavy on your shoulders," Loki replied, continuing to look ahead at the palace that grew ever closer. Of course he had his own motives for having Thor confide in him, but as long as his brother thought it innocent enough, he'd play along with actually caring.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Thor frowned at his brother's words when he heard the reply. How much more? he thought sarcastically, rolling his eyes subtly. "Thank you for that, Loki. It is a relief to be able to talk to someone around here other than that drink trio who I call my friends," he smiled at the thought of them laughing and feasting in the hall. As they neared the palace, Thor slows his gait so he was walking beside Loki.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Sometimes he wished he could read minds. It would be very interesting to know what exactly was going on in Thor's head. How worried was he to become king? Was it a weakness, this worry, that he could possibly play on to get his brother away from the throne once and for all? If it was, that weak link in the chain would make his job a lot easier. Or, of course, he could always go out drinking with Thor one time and see if he could coax his drunken brother into saying something he could use against him in the long run. Either way worked, but if Thor's weakness was being worried about being king, Loki's job just got a lot easier. "Of course," he replied with a curt nod. "Sometimes it's best to forget our differences to help each other out once and a while, is it not? Contrary to popular belief, I'm not completely heartless." Mm, Loki, you are definitely a liar. Loki nodded once more in a sort of thanks when Thor slowed slightly so the two of them were walking together again. When they reached the doors of the palace, he turned and looked over at his brother, "I enjoyed today. Perhaps we'll speak again later, perhaps tomorrow. Either way, enjoy your night, brother," Loki said with a small, rather forced, smile as the doors opened and he made his way inside, immediately heading in the direction of his bedchambers without another word.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:19 pm

"You're not all that different, Loki. You can be quite Asgardian when you choose to be," Thor said with a warm look in his eyes. He held open one of the wooden doors to let Loki pass through first. "Thank you again for being here to listen to my mindless rambling. I wish the same as well for you. Don't spend too much time in your room, it's not good for one to be so secluded," he said, resting against the door casually. "Perhaps we can go to the mead hall later and drink tomournhealth," Thor suggested quietly, zoning out for a second.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Loki smirked and chuckled, "I was raised by two Asgardians, in Asgard, with an Asgardian prince. I suppose it rubbed off on me in the slightest." He had to admit sometimes he wished he were more like Thor. Well...that was a lie. He'd always wished he was more like Thor. If he was...perhaps his father wouldn't love Thor more than he did Loki. Maybe if Loki had been anything other than a Jotun...maybe if Loki had been lucky enough to be an actual Asgardian. It hadn't started out with him wanting the throne... No, that's not what he wanted. All he'd wanted was to be Thor's equal, but when he found out what he truly was, all of that shattered. It appeared to him the only way to get his father to recognize him was to show how he was better than Thor. That he could be a king. "It is not a problem," Loki replied, stopping his walk towards his chambers when Thor suggested they go out drinking. He paused, turning halfway around and nodding at his brother, "Yes...I'll return later so we can go do that."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Thor smiled, chuckling lowly. "Meet back here in about three hours then? That should give both of us e nought one to do as we please," he suggested, turning on his heel. He was quite ready to start his meal, a feast to normal Asgardians, but as this god had a large gut, he had a larger appetite and could put down anything set in front of him.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:50 pm

"In three hours it is," Loki responded in a more quite voice, watching as Thor walked away. Loki stayed in place, thinking, before he started to move to his bedroom. Once there, he shut the door behind him and placed the scepter down, moving over towards a window. With his hands clasped loosely behind his back, he stared out over the Asgardian landscape, thinking of what life would be like if he was still a part of Jotunheim. How different would life be? He would've been a deformed Jotun anyways - he had never grown to be the size of a Jotun, but it could very well be because of the magic Odin had used on him when he had first found him. Loki sighed and turned away from the window, starting to pace back and forth, staring at the ground as he did so. If only more Asgardians saw things the way I do. It would make life so much easier. Besides. Thor is too naïve to be king. I am the one who could properly rule Asgard in Odin's place... Lets hope this is the last time I ever have to try and claim the throne. I grow weary of the Asgardians' ignorance.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Thor waltzed into the warm kitchen, various scents hit him as he entered. "Ho! Hello, cooks. I'd like some food please," he said in a booming voice, giving the chefs all a start as they turned and bowed. "Yes, Your Majesty. Is there anything particular you crave tonight?" The head cook asked, wiping his greasy hand on his stained apron. Thor raised a hand. "No, just bring me enough to fill this," he said, patting his midsection. Surprisingly, when the prince ate nothing was obvious on the quantity he took on every meal. He took a seat at the table in the kitchen as he was too tired to actually go to the dining hall.

Soon enough, the god was presented with savory food, filling the air of warm scents. Thor nodded a thanks and dig into the meal prepared for him, eating sloppily as he had never been told not to.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:41 am

[ I am time skipping three hours xD ]

Loki's had not wanted to leave by the time three hours was done. He'd wanted to stay and think more, but he admitted he hadn't gotten too far from where he'd started, so taking a break wasn't going to hurt him any, it seemed. He wasn't a mead drinker, either, so why he'd agreed to go drinking mead with his brother was purely for his own benefit. He'd never really been around his brother while he was drunk, so he wasn't sure if he was going to get the information he needed from Thor while he was drunk or if his brother was one of those strangely in-tact drunks. Loki quietly left his room, closing and locking his door behind him with magic before heading down the stairs to where his brother and he had first come in. He was somewhat curious to see how much Thor had eaten, since his stomach seemed to be a never-ending abyss, but he doubted any amount of food he was told was going to surprise him. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Loki paused in the main room, glancing around at what was his 'home.' It was nice, he'd give that to Odin, but it didn't feel like home. It'd ceased to feel like home a long time ago, but there was naught he could to about that now. Sighing, Loki clasped his hands behind his back and waited for the unmistakable shape of his brother to appear.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Thor returned from the kitchen to the main hall, coming a but late as he was full from his vast meal. He wiped his large hands together, making sure any crumbs left on them went scattering to the polished floor. He came up to Loki wearing a smile. "Hello, brother. Are you ready to head out?" Thor asked, looking him over.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Loki saw Thor coming out of the corner of his eye and turned so he was facing his brother. He gave a small smile to Thor, nodding a little bit at his brother's question. "Always ready," Loki said, "But I must warn you that I'm not a big drinker; I have a feeling a drunk god of mischief is not going to be good for Asgard." Loki smirked a little bit. Honestly, him getting drunk sounded like a terrible idea, but the fact that he was a bit more self controlled when it came to drinking than his brother (seeing as his brother had seemingly absolutely no control over his drinking) he doubted him getting drunk was going to be a problem. He just needed to make sure he got information from Thor while he was drunk...however hard that may be to deal with a six hundred pound drunkard. It probably wasn't the smartest thing he'd ever done. "But anyways. Let's go."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Thor nodded and pushed open the double wooden doors that stood in their way, leading them into the street and heading down towards the left on the stone-laid streets. "I know you're not that much of a drinker, Loki, but perhaps you'll make some acquaintances at the hall," he suggested. The blonde god glanced up at the darkening sky, smiling to himself at how long the night may go before he got himself drunk on that glorious mead.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Loki shook his head. How naive did Thor get? Did he really think he'd 'make some acquaintances' there? "I think you might be slightly mislead, Thor," Loki replied, shaking his head. "I'm not necessarily a social person; I'm going with you, why do I need to talk to other people? It's not like they're going to try and make conversation with me." Loki had a feeling that was true - people would know who he was, definitely, but because of that he highly doubted anyone was going to try and make conversation with him, and that suited him just fine. He just needed the information, and then he'd find a stupid excuse to be somewhere else that Thor might just buy depending on how drunk he was.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:13 pm

"Well, you should try. It's for your own good," Thor sighed heartily as they entered the noisy mead hall. The rampant smells of alcohol and such other scents one encounters in a bar. A few citizens slapped Thor on the back with good intentions as the prince dragged his brother through the crowd towards the bar. He took a seat and waved for two mugs of mead. "To our health?" Thor suggested, raising his drink high.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Loki shook his head a bit, "No, I really don't think so," he replied. He'd never been fond of alcohol, nor of making friends, so putting the two together didn't seem like it would be, in any way, good for him. If anything the night would end with him with a small buzzing in the back of his head and in a foul attitude from getting lip from some other stupid Asgardian who seemed to think of their ranks as equal. Loki shook the thoughts from his head and sighed as they entered the bar, the noise and smell hitting him full force before he even stepped through the door. Good for my health? Ha! Brother, your sense of humor is amiss. Loki watched as Thor was greeted, a look of disdain on his face as he refused to make eye contact with any of the citizens. As soon as they'd seated themselves, Loki sighed, taking the mug that was soon after offered to him. "Ah, Thor, what a sense of humor," Loki said, a bit louder than he was used to due to the noisy atmosphere. "But why not?" Loki said after a moment's hesitation, also raising his mug in cheer.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wolverine Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Thor smiled,"Ha, that's more like it!" He took a swig out of his mug and exhaled, downing half of the cup's contents. "Come, enjoy in the merriment of the mead," the prince grinned.
The Wolverine
The Wolverine
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next