Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

мυѕι¢ σf тнє иιgнт [ Reserved, R ]

2 posters

Go down

мυѕι¢ σf тнє иιgнт [ Reserved, R ] Empty мυѕι¢ σf тнє иιgнт [ Reserved, R ]

Post by Greed Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Even in the gloomy streets, cluttered with people, faces dismal and unemotional, Arion walked with a defined air, his moves lithe. From his toes to his neck, Arion seemed to be a normal man walking down the busy streets filled with uncaring people and their harsh faces. But as soon as one looked up at his face, they were met with an unexpected surprise. Arion slipped quietly into the alleyways, his face paled with the pure white mask that covered it. Only his eyes shone through, piercing into the hearts of whomever he dared to look in the eyes. And today…today, Arion had a mission of his own to accomplish. Walking through the alleyways he knew so well, Arion emerged in the lesser known parts of town, where only a single carriage and horse was parked, unattended. Few people wandered the dark streets, dirt being sprayed up on their feet and bottom of their dresses or pants. Standing by a lamppost was a woman garbed in a flashy red gown, her blonde hair curled into perfect ringlets sitting atop her head in a bun that appeared to have been mixed with a ponytail. It looked quite elegant on the shapely young woman, and Arion straightened. He’d been meeting her for quite some time now. Abellana, was her name. And he knew everything about her, from where and when she was born, to whom she loved and when she wanted to get married, and how. Arion knew everything and more. With graceful strides, Arion pulled himself behind her, gently planting a slightly-feminine hand on her shoulder. Abellana turned, bright green eyes trained on the man in the mask.

“I was wondering when you’d show up,” she murmured, trying to read his eyes underneath the mask.

“I have a small favor to ask of you, Abellana,” Arion said, running a finger down her jawline, stopping and resting on her chin. “I need to meet someone, and I was hoping you could help me find her. Her name is…Celeste Quinn.” Arion lowered his voice, staring at Abellana’s face, a look he’d seen in countless women before showing brightly. Soon enough, Arion was going to have to leave her, and find someone else to help him find Celeste, if she couldn’t do it for him.

“I’ve heard of her, but I don’t know her, nor do I know where she resides,” Abellana continued, “You still haven’t told me your name.” A pale hand reached up to lift the mask from Arion’s face, and in a swift motion, Arion had captured the young woman’s wrist in what seemed to be a gentle, perhaps loving, caress, but in reality it was a loose grip as cold as ice.

“I’m the Phantom,” Arion whispered, stepping closer to her and gently placing her hand back at her side. “And this, my dear, is the last time you will see me.” Arion turned and walked away, ignoring the sound of Abellana’s hurried footsteps trying to catch up with him. Eventually Arion got ahead of her in the maze of back alleys that he knew like the back of his hand. Grimacing, he thought to himself, If Abellana’s curiosity has grown to strong…it appears I’ll have to find Celeste Quinn on my own. The Phantom has his ways of finding those he needs…finding Ms. Quinn will be no different. Straightening as he reached the main roads, Arion said under his breath,

"The Phantom will strike again."
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

http://otakucastle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

мυѕι¢ σf тнє иιgнт [ Reserved, R ] Empty Re: мυѕι¢ σf тнє иιgнт [ Reserved, R ]

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:50 am

Celeste pushed her way out of the tavern, grumbling in disgust. She hated that place, but her father had needed to see her, so she went. The people on the street looked grumpy and particularlly annoyed, but at least they were sober. Celeste sighed, and brushed a stray curl out of her face. If they wanted to live their lives in there, then she would let them. It wasn't as if Celeste didn't have her own house, which she shared with a close friend and a dog. Together, they earned enough to live comfortably, with dresses that weren't hand made and enough food to give away now and then. She smiled, thinking of the little visitor that often came to their doorstep. A girl who couldn't of been more than five, and they spoiled her. Someone bumping up against her shoulder ripped the pleasant thoughts away, and Celeste kept going, hoping to find a quiet or at least peaceful place. She knew her dress was dragging slightly, but didn't care enough to lift it or hold it out of the way.Something knocked into her leg, frightening her. Celeste relaxed when she saw it was only the little girl. No words were exchanged, only Celeste taking the girl's hand and whisking her away to buy her something.

She pushed her hair from her face again, watching the child with a small smile. They hardly ever spoke to each other, just exchanged smiles and looks that said more than anything. Celeste liked it better that way. Often she would find the girl's eyes focused on her necklace, and took it off to let her examine it. Celeste made a small vow to buy the girl one of her own some day. She wanted to give every child in the city something, but even her money went only so far. Besides, none of them were quite like this one, who was currently watching Celeste with intelligent green eyes. She held a large apple in her hands, not sure if she should eat it or treasure it, but when she departed, the young woman had a small feeling that she was going to share it.

Celeste resided outside of her house, twiddling with a small flower. Her friend wasn't home yet. The flower broke, and fell from Celeste's fingers, and with a small huff of disappointment, she stood, watching the busy streets for a moment before disappearing into the house. She could always make a meal for them. That was alway pleasant to return to. A warm glow came from the windows as she busily lit things up. She leaned against the table, tapping the smooth surface impatiently as she tried to remember the recipe to her friend's favorite dinner.

(Blah sucky post. My muse isn't the best, but it should get better)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:35 am

[ It was fine! I’ll admit I gave you little to work with, too, so it was fantastic, all things considered. ]

Women were curious creatures, Arion mused. Such generous, kind creatures. Easily manipulated, easily duped, easily seduced into his web of deceit. It was all so simply and delightfully artless. There was no real thinking that was put into Arion’s plots. As soon as he’d seduced a woman into his arms, he got whatever he wished from her. And unlike most men, Arion was not attracted to the woman anatomy. No…he was much more interested in the characteristics of humankind that were specific and unique to women. It was astonishing, really, and Arion enjoyed his little adventures, seeking out and capturing the innocent hearts of young women. And Celeste…she simply seemed to be more generous than most women. Arion would take advantage of her kind heart, and Arion felt no remorse for doing so. From first glance, she didn’t seem to be the curious type, who would stick her nose into business that wasn’t hers. And for Arion, that was a huge relief. But still, he didn’t completely ignore the possibility. Women could be surprising sometimes, and it was women like those that Arion knew he needed to avoid to keep himself and his identity safe. Arion frowned underneath the mask that covered his face, watching her interact with the young girl who appeared to be homeless.

Arion had found Celeste Quinn without much trouble. Asking around had proved fruitful, and now his mask had resumed its position on his femininely structured face, and he was coming in, ready to strike again. Arion had followed Celeste from the shadows until he’d found her place of dwelling, and took his leave. Without much thought to it, Arion began to work his magic, to spin his web. The fabled Phantom bought an expensive bracelet, heading back and quickly seeking out the girl that Celeste had been with. Taking his mask off of his face as not to scare the young girl – he didn’t think younger woman was a threat to his identity – and kneeled on the ground, presenting the golden bracelet lined with emeralds to the young girl. “Here, this is for you. Don’t let any of your friends steal it, all right? Keep it close by you at all times, and only show Ms. Quinn, the wonderful woman you were with earlier.” Arion gently took the little girl’s hand and opened it, dropping the bracelet inside of it and closing her small fingers around it. “There.” Arion cupped his hands around the younger girl’s hand and smiled a heart-melting smile, “Next time you see Ms. Quinn, let her know the Phantom gave it to you.” With that, Arion stood, patted the girl gently on the head, and turned, replacing his mask and heading off to the dwelling place of Ms. Celeste Quinn.

He stood outside for a few minutes before straightening and rapping his knuckles against the door. It wouldn’t hurt for him to introduce himself, now would it? It was the least he could do…seeing as Arion was going to be seeing her a lot more often. He’d already started to spin his web, and all he needed to do now was catch her in it.

[ Sorry it took me so long to reply! I went to church, and then my grandma took me shopping xD ]
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Celeste hummed quietly to herself as she set two plates on the table beside her, glancing outside every now and then. Her hand caressed the necklace without her even knowing it, and she quickly dropped it back down. She bit her cheek, sighing. It wouldn't be the dinner she hoped to make, but they didn't have all the necessary ingredients. Making a mental note, Celeste made her way upstairs, finding the rather stiff gown she wore uncomfortable and unnecessary. A soft, springy green evening dress would do. It was simple and easy to move in, and Celeste loved it. She reclined onto her bed, dark brown eyes filled with exhaustion. Sleep sounded wonderful, but then her friend would come home and have to make her own food, which in Celeste's eyes, was unacceptable. Grumbling quietly to herself, she descended the short flight of stairs, and checked on everything, making sure nothing was going to burn.

A knock on the door startled her. Celeste tucked her hair back, and slipped over to the front door. It squeaked slightly as she opened it, slowly, cautiously. Her eyes filled with confusion at what she saw. A man, in a mask? That was odd. "May I help you?" Celeste asked, glancing around nervously. What was the mask for? Was he scarred, and was too ashamed to show it? That seemed strange, since the women of her generation seemed to love warriors, or the rich men at least. It didn't really make sense. If she got a good explanation out of him, then she'd have to ask. Asking right away would be rude. Celeste opened the door a little wider, and pondered the idea of letting him in or not. "You can come in if you like..." It was said hesitantly, but she wasn't about to slam the door in his face.

That wasn't the smartest thing she had ever done, but it was polite and surely her friend wouldn't mind. Suppressing her natural curiosity, Celeste backed away, nodding slightly.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Arion waited, patiently. When the woman opened the door, Arion bowed in an elegant and graceful fashion. The woman he met eyes with was no older than twenty-five, but beyond that her age was unknown to him. Either way, he was several years older than she, as well as a shockingly large amount taller. She had a short and slim stature, but her beauty seemed all contained in her face. Which, Arion noted, he didn’t mind at all. He was slightly surprised when she let him come in. Originally, Arion had planned nothing more than a simple introduction, yet he simply could not refuse the offer of a young woman. “Thank you,” Arion said in a suave voice, stepping languidly into the house. “May I say you look quite elegant this evening, ma’am, and I’d love to entertain my time with you, however, I’m only here for a short period of time. A small, slightly confidential, matter has come up and I wish to discuss it with you.” Arion straightened, clasping his hands loosely behind his back and continued speaking, not giving her a chance to butt in. He had to get everything out before he let her speak again, for as soon as he was done talking, he knew he’d have to leave the residence of this lovely young woman. She seemed perfect for the job, however… she appeared more curious than Arion thought, and it was dangerous. Very dangerous.

“You see, I am old acquaintances with your adopted father. However, I cannot seem to locate where he resides, and he has not seen me in ages, I fear he wouldn’t recognize me,” Arion said in an off-handed tone, never taking his eyes off of Celeste. “And it’s quite tedious having to track someone down and try to re-jog their memory of oneself. So, I decided the next best thing was to talk to his daughter. My apologies if my knowledge of you and your family seems a bit startling. I’ve known about you for quite some time, Ms. Quinn, and it’s a shame I don’t have the time to stay tonight. Anyways.” Arion reached inside his jacket and pulled out a locket that was attached to a golden chain, the locket itself a strange teal color. “I believe this belongs to your father, long ago to be a gift to his wife. However, it appears as if it might never have gotten to her. I was wondering if you could give this to him, and see if it is his. If it isn’t, I will come back in two days’ time to retrieve it and start my search elsewhere.”

Arion handed the locket to Celeste, smiling even though it wasn’t seen underneath his white mask, “Tell him it was from the Phantom.” Arion’s only hope was Celeste had yet to hear the rumors of the Phantom, that dangerous man about to bring chaos into the known world, that man spinning cords around the hearts of young women and seducing them into God-knows-what. That was only a distant dream, however, if Celeste remembered the name. Either way, she would’ve figured it out sooner or later, considering the bracelet he’d given the small child earlier. But Arion didn’t need to worry. He was the Phantom, after all. He could get himself in and out of anything.

Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Celeste's eyes widened when he bowed. She blinked stupidly for a moment before shaking her head and turning to take care of things while he spoke. The compliment caught her off guard, and Celeste nodded as he continued. When the topic of her adopted father came up, her eyes widened, but she turned her head so he couldn't see her surprise. Despite his many flaws, she was still very defensive of him. If he was in possible danger, Celeste was going to get him out of it. This strange man who masked his face could be a possible threat to her family, and she didn't like it. She pushed the compliments and good behavior aside, and focused on trying to read his eyes for any lies or deceit. Celeste watched him pull the locket out, and accepted it. Her father ran a tavern, for God's sake, how could he not know? If he was trying to pull the same innocent act she was, Celeste didn't like it, or him, one bit. Throwing him a suspicious look, Celeste looked the locket over. A gift to her mother? How had it ended up in this man's hands? It was her turn to question him.

"Well, first of all, thank you. And if you can't find one of the most popular taverns in town, then you are either not very observant or very new here. Everybody I know has even a slight knowledge of where he lives, and I find it very, very hard to believe that you don't know." Celeste replied, her voice still soft. "Now, I'm trying not to scare you off with my questioning, but I have every right to question some stranger who comes in and tells me all this. Don't I?" Her eyes hardened, and she put her hand down on the table, lifting her head slightly to get a better look at him. "I'd like to know how this locket fell into your hands, and why I should even believe this story of yours." The Phantom? She wanted a straight name, but decided against it. Celeste hadn't heard of him. "And just why are you so anxious to see him again? I wouldn't recognize you either, with that mask on." Her hand found its place on her hip, and she sent him another burning look.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:03 pm

With each passing moment, it was becoming increasingly obvious she had more of a backbone than many of the women he’d dealt with. However, Arion was determined not to force her into his web. It would be much easier to handle her if she walked into it willingly, without knowing what she was getting herself into. That was the only way it would work properly…the only way the web could be completed. Still, Arion kept his façade of the proper gentleman on and listened intently. “I’m quite new here. My…occupation causes for constant movement.” He couldn’t help but smirk underneath his mask at her words. Every right to question him, did she? He supposed she did. But that didn’t mean he’d answer all the questions, nor answer all truthfully. His web of deceit had often called for situations like this. With a smile, Arion said quietly, “I don’t scare easily.” Arion fell silent for the rest of her speech before letting out a deep sigh and relaxing his shoulders ever so slightly.

“The locket belonged to my mother. She told me to keep it on her deathbed, two weeks after I had turned fifteen. A tender age, too naïve and selfish to let his mother go. However, I knew – and my father knew – your father and my father knew him around the time he was getting married. I was told I had to bring a nice gift, and I removed the picture from my mother inside that locket and offered it to him. He said he’d be delighted to have it and promised me he’d visit my household shortly after his honeymoon to retrieve it. Unfortunately, he never did. And that is why I am bringing it to you. I had no idea of his general whereabouts until just recently, and that explains my absence. And as for the reason of you believing my story… Don’t you think that me coming up with excuses would be a tad bit sketchy? Therefore, it is up to you to decide if you believe me or not, all I can do is give you my word that it is true.” Arion knew in his mind that half of that story was true – unless the old man had completely forgotten, the locket was his, offered to him by the young and foolish Arion Cross. But it was possible years had weathered away his memories, and he’d no longer remember. In that case, he just might have to visit him himself, in the end.

Tilting his head a bit, Arion shrugged lightly, “Anxious? I wouldn’t use a word as strong as that. Interested, is more like it. It’s not mandatory that I meet your father. No, I’d rather give him what belongs to him and be on my way. My job calls for me in other places.” Arion straightened himself when she pointed out the mask, deciding to turn her words on her in an underhanded way. “I wear this mask because it is better if people don’t recognize me. I find it quite surprising…every time I meet someone who has not heard of the legend of ‘the Phantom.’ Although I admit, they do me no justice. But my name is not the Phantom for no reason. Close your eyes and count to ten, and I’ll have disappeared completely, vanished without a trace. Me and my mask of white, and the hidden man underneath.”
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Celeste watched him carefully. She knew a way to prove whether he really was new here or not. The young woman hated being lied to, and if that was what he was doing, then she'd confront him about it. So he didn't scare easily? Celeste hadn't aimed to scare him, and it irked her that that was what he thought she was trying to do. She wasn't very big, so intimidation wasn't big on her list of things she could do. Celeste dangled the locket between her fingers, glancing back at forth between it and the Phantom. She still listened to his story carefully, and suppressed the urge to flutter her eyes and tell him how touching it was. Sarcastically, of course. "Sketchy, yes, but that doesn't mean that some people wouldn't do it. I can't guarantee I am getting the whole truth here, but I suppose I should just go against instinct and believe you? If no harm comes to my family, then I'll gladly show or direct you to his place of dwelling." Celeste let the locket slip from her fingers and rest on the table with the light glinting on it.

"I've never met any body who would still keep their word after so many years, and I'm not sure if you're any different. But..." She sighed, telling herself that he had no reason to lie to her. "I guess I can assist you." Celeste turned, shaking her head slightly. "I think it makes you easy to identify. You are the only person I have ever seen where a mask for no real reason, so why should it help?" Celeste cast him a dull look, but didn't chase him out, a sign that he was tolerable. He was different, strange, weird, any other word for bizarre she could find fit him perfectly. It made her uneasy.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:44 pm

[ Do you think that maybe if she shows him to her father’s tavern he takes his mask off to help him remember, and she’s snooping or something and sees him with his mask off? That could play into giving her reason for taking it off later in the roleplay. Just an idea, we can toss it if you think it’s unsuitable or too hard to incorporate. ]

For some reason, Arion was surprised when she mentioned harm coming to her family. “Harm to your family? Why would a family friend bother to return a gift to a family just to harm them?” Arion shrugged, “I can assure you I mean no harm to your family.” Arion grinned under his mask at her next comment, “Well I’m not just anybody, ma’am. Quite the contrary. You will never meet another man like me. I am the one and only, whether that be for the best or the worst.” Arion nearly rolled his eyes at her next comment, but managed to restrain himself. It wasn’t as if the question, or her statement, hadn’t come up before. But stating it always seemed to remind him that whomever he was dealing with was someone he needed to get rid of, quickly, or abandon altogether. And right now, Arion knew he couldn’t afford to completely abandon Celeste. He needed information from her father, and he could only hope that he would not believe the legends of the Phantom. If he had not heard of them and ran a tavern, Arion would be appalled. How could one work in such a busy place and not hear every piece of gossip that spread through the city like wildfire? And it wasn’t just this place that had rumors about him. No, they varied from town to town, and Arion had yet to find a town that was on the dot, or at least close to it. However, Arion hadn’t heard many rumors of himself from this place, so whether or not they rang close to the truth or not was as good as anybody’s guess.

“Because,” Arion stated, his tone going mildly monotonous, a drastic change from the usually sweet and flowing way of his everyday speech, “If ever the time comes when I should like not to be recognized, I can simply take the mask off. There is not a person in this world who has ever seen the man behind the mask, and I could easily escape whatever perils were trying to befall me, with the simple flick of the wrist, and the mask would disappear. As would the Phantom, and all his splendor and dirty rumors.” Arion eyed her with a strange flame in his eye. “However that has yet to happen, and it is a precautionary measure I must take so that I am not falsely accused of crimes I did not commit.” Damn her curiosity. Women should learn to keep their mouths shut and their curiosities to themselves sometimes. Has she never heard of allowing a guest to walk within her walls without being questioned to no end? Surely, she is a different kind of woman. I could use more women like her, if they only were not such a pain to handle. And if she continues asking questions, I just might have to take my leave for the night. Suspicious as though that may seem, it would be necessary. Curious women don’t sit well with my stomach. I cannot let anyone find the man behind the mask. Even if my face is revealed…I cannot let anyone know the ‘me’ that hides behind it. However, I doubt this woman’s curiosity could get the best of me. It’s highly unlikely she’ll ever truly figure me out. No woman has been that curious before, and I do not see why she would be any different. But it’s too soon to let my guard down…too soon to capture her in my web. …When will ‘too soon’ be over, I wonder?
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Celeste wondered what kind of perfect world he came from. "People lie. I shouldn't trust you, but I choose to, so I'd like it if we could just get this over with?" That came out snappish, and she blinked, looking down at the floor. It was a wordless apology. She chose not to reply for a minute, instead busied herself with gathering the things she would need. Her cloak, for one, and a recipe for a differenttype of whiskey she had forgotten to drop off. Celeste scratched a note on a small piece of paper, tossing it onto the table with a sigh. "Being known as one person, yourself, has it's benefits too, you know. You have to think things more clearly, and even if there isn't a second chance if things get too tough, then.." Her words faded, and she shook her head. "But don't let me judge. I'll let my father do that." Celeste threw the cloak around her shoulders, trying the drawstring and tucking the recipe away. She brushed past him, heading out the door and only paused to glance back at the Phantom. "And I won't wait." Celeste counted to ten quietly, wondering what had gotten into her. She knew that she was always so polite, charming. But back there she had been snappy and very quick to judge. An apology was an order. But not now, not here.

The crowds were thinning, either retiring to their houses or any nearby tavern that they could stumble over to. Celeste squeezed her eyes shut. What a way to make a first impression. Her head was spinning, and she wondered if she had a sudden fever. Maybe it was just the way he spoke about himself that got her all worked up. It didn't matter now. Celeste saw the building she had spent her teenage life in, and turned sharply towards it. He could keep up. It wasn't like she wanted to stay by his side and make small talk. No, instead, slipped inside, searching for her father. He must've been in the back. It was time to wait, as much as she didn't want to, it was the 'polite' thing to do.
(Blegh, bad post. But yeah, that sounds good.)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Arion didn’t react to her snapping, nor seemed to acknowledge her unspoken apology. He could care less if she called him every name she could think of; it wouldn’t faze him. He’d gotten used to flimsy words. No longer did he find any meaning in apologies or words spoken kindly out of love. No…no longer did he even believe in love. But then again, when had he ever? When his mother had lie dying, his sense of positive emotions – hope, joy, love – had died with her. And he couldn’t say he cared. At least, not anymore. It had been eleven years since that day, and he’d grown into the mold he’d made for himself. However, he couldn’t help but smile blandly when she started counting to ten. “Lead the way, then, m’lady,” Arion said, and just as he slipped past her, he whispered into her ear, “I’ll be right behind you, whether you can see me or not.” And with that, Arion slipped into the crowds and made his was with fluid movements to the alleyways, keeping strictly to the shadows. Numerous times he’d had to jog around long, maze-like alleyways to get within a comfortable distance of her without showing up in the busy streets.

As soon as they reached the tavern, Arion slunk in and slowly fell in step beside Celeste when he’d caught up with her, barely out of breath. “Interesting place your father keeps here. Quite busy. Must be very popular.” Arion said, the comment someone sarcastic, meant in a dull tone. He cared little for taverns. Too many people to possibly recognize the Phantom’s white mask…to possibly point him out in the crowd…to possibly force him to flee. And that’s the last thing he wanted. Straightening himself, Arion asked, “Now where is the dear old man located?”

[ Your post wasn’t a faillll. It was really good! :D ]

Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:13 pm

(Sorry I didn't sooner. My computer thought it was a good idea to delete my nice long post.)

Celeste leaned against the wall, wondering what had gotten into her. She was usually so polite, and never snapped at anybody. Maybe it was just him pushing her buttons. Normally she kept her cool, put on a smile that anybody could believe. But not him. Her father entered from where she did, not noticing the masked man who shared the same room with them. "You should be home." He pointed out. "I was, but someone has requested an audience with you. Something about this?" Celeste held out the lockete, letting it fall into his hand. "I remember this. But who?" He looked around, and jumped when he noticed the Phantom. "I don't know this man." Her father said, brows furrowed, showing his already obvious confusement. "You will." Celeste slipped out of the room, knowing the Phantom would want his privacy. Too bad he wasn't gonna get it.

She worked alongside her mother, helping with the never ending flow of orders. Often, she caught the woman staring at her, as if questioning why she had entered with the strange man. She had obviously heard of this Phantom, and didn't approve of her daughter fraternizing with him. Celeste shook her head, silently reassuring her that there was no friendly connection between them. Frankly, she couldn't stand him at the moment, and if her mother knew that, it would save her a whole lot of badgering later. Celeste held quiet conversations with the customers, offering kind smiles and accepting the many tips she received. Why not? They were willing, and she wasn't going to refuse.
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 pm

[ >_< That sucks, I know how that feels, it's happened to me before. ]

Arion remained silent for a bit. He wasn't about to reveal himself with Celeste in the room, and if on que, she left the room, leaving Arion alone with the elder. Arion stayed rigid for a second before allowing himself to relax. Looking over at the old man, Arion couldn't help but smile. Age had changed him very little, and that certainly wasn't a bad thing, for age hadn't deteriorated him much at all. Arion wondered if it was a family trait. Arion quickly got himself together, however, and bowed low, sweeping his hand over his face and removing the mask promptly. "Don't remember me? Quite a shame." Arion straightened, his mask by his side, and smiled. "Arion Cross, only son of Tomas Cross. I'm sure you remember him, at least, if not me?" Arion felt oddly at ease with the old man, a content smile playing on his feminine features. "Age has treated you well, old friend, I must say. And I will have to give my regards to your lovely daughter who brought me here. Years upon years of harboring that locket and never being able to give it to you. I hope now is not too late?"

Arion couldn't help but feel slightly rigid, not completely trusting the curious adopted daughter of the man in front of him to not spy on them, but Arion trusted him. And if he trusted his daughter enough to leave them well enough alone, Arion was in no position to doubt his faith in his daughter. Even if Arion and his counterpart as the Phantom were known for using people, Arion had always remained loyal to the people that he'd known before his days of being the Phantom. Leaving so unexpectedly before the winter holiday break must've been a shock for many, and Arion could only hope this kindly tavern owner wouldn't hold it against him. Arion had had his reasons at the time, though if you'd asked him, none of them would've pointed him in this direction. He'd never intended to become the manipulative 'womanizer' he was today. All he could do was give reassuring smiles and un-suspicious words to people. "I came for two reasons. One, to give you your locket, and two, to ask if you had seen my father anywhere recently. I must admit I'm ashamed to say I don't even know if he's currently alive or not." Arion offered a sheepish grin, folding his hands behind his back, the white mask gripped tightly between them.
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Celeste's father, who went by the name of Mathin, leaned back on the wall, inspecting the man. He couldn't be sure if he could trust the claims this man made. Arion? There was only person he knew named Arion. "Ah, my old friend. I'm surprised you couldn't find me. You could've asked anybody here, they would've directed you. My daughter holds just as much information as any other person in this town." Mathin said, amusement sparkling in his eyes. He radiated an intimidating aura, and his impressive height of 6'6 only helped that. Slowly, he lifted the locket, watching it spin and twinkle in the candle light of the room. "Never too late." Mathin didn't have the same suspiscions as his daughter. To him, Arion was completely reliable. He refused to believe any of the rumors he heard.

She had a natural curiosity, and suspected more than just talk of that locket was being held in that room. With a heaping plate of food balanced on her hand, Celeste slipped by the double doors that never really closed, daring a single glance towards the Phantom. His mask was off! He looked nothing like she expected. Celeste snorted, setting the plate down in front of the man who ordered it. There wasn't anyway he could've caught that, could he? No, there wasn't any way. But he had managed to prove her wrong more than once. Celeste returned to her mother's side, hoping he hadn't seen her.

Mathin had been facing away from the door, and had only heard the soft foot falls as Celeste walked by. "No, I do not know of your father's whereabouts. He passed through several years ago, but hasn't been heard from since." He replied, noting the sheepish smile. "I didn't know of my father's death until several years after. Nothing to be ashamed about."

(school had been draining my muse.)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 pm

[ No worries! ]

“Yes, well…” Arion started, “I’ve been many other places; this is my first time through here, I supposed your daughter would know best.” Arion smiled gently. “It’s been too long since I’ve last seen you.” Arion had lots to think about – he knew after unmasking himself he’d have to leave. The look in the older man’s eyes clearly stated that he didn’t have suspicions against Arion…and in silence he regretted it. It was better to know the truth than to have heard and denied it. Arion wouldn’t – couldn’t – face Mathin if he knew that Mathin knew about who he really was. Arion had changed drastically from the man that he was years ago. How sad it was, really, that Arion had become the man he had become today. However, he lived a successful and wealthy lifestyle, and always got what he wanted. And he knew what he wanted right now – and that was more information than just on his father. But that’s when Celeste would come into play. And Arion knew she would be harder to crack, but hopefully her father would put in a good word for him, helping her to open up a bit more. Once she was ensnared, Arion prided himself to know he’d make sure she could never back out, willingly or un.

Arion’s eyes flitted to the crack between the two doors when he heard a noise, and his eyes hardened for half a second, slowly and somewhat reluctantly removing his eyes from the door and returning his attention to Mathin. However, the guarded expression in his eyes didn’t go away. He was in a public place – anyone could just chance upon the open door and look inside because of curiosity. Arion was tempted to replace his mask, but after revealing his true identity, putting it on would just be a sign he didn’t trust the people that were constantly around Mathin. Arion wouldn’t do that, no matter the costs. After all…after he got what he needed from Celeste, he was leaving. He would leave and never come back. It was a bittersweet idea for him, but he knew for sure he was going to do it, unless fate intervened somehow. It never had before, so why would it now? Everything would go smoothly.

Arion nodded sadly when Mathin said he didn’t know. “At least it’s good to know he passed by, whether or not he is dead now.” Arion sighed. “I’ve been many places in the years I’ve been gone. The world is so much bigger than the little slice of ‘heaven’ –” (Arion said the word with contempt) “ – when I was younger. I supposed I’d drop by and see how he was doing, seeing as I left so suddenly.” Arion shook his head and chuckled grimly, “I wouldn’t be surprised, nor offended, if he didn’t forgive me. What’s a father to do when his only son, his only heir, disappears? Either way…at least, if I do not see my father, I’ve gotten to see you again, which is always a plus.” Arion shifted slightly, glaring at the ground, lost in thought, “Although, I don’t know where to go from here, now.”

[ This is what Arion looks like, only with a full-faced mask. http://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/andrew_lloyd_webber_s_the_phantom_of_the_opera/gerard_butler/phantom1.jpg ]
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn_Fluff Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Mathin crossed his arms over his chest, looking down at Arion with his emotionless eyes. "He was traveling with a small group, if that helps anything. All men, but there was a young boy. He couldn't of been older than 14." He glanced around the room. Mathin shifted his weight from one foot to the other. The man seemed to trust able, so truthful. How could his daughter be so suspicious? Hopefully her suspicions weren't true, or never would be. "I did have the opportunity to speak with one of the men from his group. Dies Irae. Ring a bell?" Mathin asked, working his jaw for a moment. "Sadly, he was the only one I had time to speak to. If you wish to know more, I gathered information that you mind find useful on your father's whereabouts. "It all depends on your reasons for leaving. To chase after some girl? Not very forgivable, but there are some things that I would understand."

Celeste ran the image of this 'Phantom' through her head, picking out the smallest details she possibly could with the quick glimpse she had been able to catch. Why was he so secretive? Sure, he had given her his reasons, but Celeste had grown up in a world where all people did was lie. Why should he be any different? Shaking her head to clear the confusing thoughts, Celeste returned to her work. The man would be gone soon, and she could return to her every day schedule. To be truthful, his secrecy angered her. The woman was curious, and he hid the things she wanted to know most. She knew what he looked like now, so that was always a plus. Smiling softly to herself, Celeste wiped down the counter. Questions and their unknown answers swamped her, but it was something to get used to. After all, she had managed to live with not knowing some things her entire life. When this was all over, she could tuck herself away in the library and make up for the information she lacked.

(Grr. My posts haven't been what they should be.)
Unicorn_Fluff
Unicorn_Fluff
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:16 pm

[ They’ve been great, I love reading them! Don’t be so harsh on yourself. But seriously, I really do love your writing. It’s not short, but it’s not too lengthy, either, and you have great descriptions which add a very desirable way to give the reader a mental image. I like it a lot :3 ]

As much as Arion wanted to, he simply could not take his guard down, nor hide the hardening look in his eyes. It wasn’t fear that ate at him, definitely not, but anger. If someone had seen him it would be bad, very bad, for him. Arion, for a split second, wished he’d chosen another path to follow. However, he got everything he wanted now, so why would he go back and change things? He could answer his own question: he wouldn’t, even if he got the chance. The only thing he would’ve changed was his leaving. He would’ve left much, much earlier. He hardly used the education he received, anyways. Only his wit and born persuasive skills were ever used by him, and never the things taught while sitting at a desk. The tidbits of information would never be wielded, either, he knew, but it did comfort him to know he was at least knowledgeable. Arion brought his attention back to Mathin as he continued to speak. “Probably a bastard child they picked up along the way,” Arion murmured, so only he could hear. “I want to say the name sounds familiar, but I cannot put a finger on it and be confident in my memory on this one.” Arion snorted when Mathin mentioned running off for a girl. Had he ever seemed the type to want a relationship, Arion wondered? He wouldn’t have had the time, with all the things he was being forced to do. With a shy smile, Arion shook his head, “No…it was far more selfish than something that trivial. Besides, I would not chase a woman whose heart would never truly be mine to begin with.” Young women are fickle beings. If I’d chased a young girl at that age, she would’ve been mine for a year before deciding to move on. Can’t men see that women are unreliable creatures? After years of tinkering with their emotions to get what I want…I still do not know if a woman’s heart is truly mine or not. Not that I want it…but it’s a curious trait the woman has. But I dislike it strongly.

Shaking his head and gazing at the floor by his feet, Arion continued, “No…nothing so inconsequential.” Lifting his head, Arion met Mathin’s eyes. “Freedom. That’s why I left. I had no interest in being a businessman, no matter what my father wished of me. Nor did I want to be cooped up in a boarding school where the young men only cared about mathematics and the sciences. No, I’ve always been more free-spirited than that, old friend. I put up with it, finished most of my needed education – though I can’t say I have ever used it – but finally decided it was time for me to go.” Letting out a deep sigh, Arion glanced at the mask in his hands before tossing it onto the nearest chair. “Even today, I leave without word. I suppose it’s become something of a bad habit.” Backtracking in Mathin’s conversation, Arion nodded. “Yes… any information on where my father might be would be extremely helpful. It’s quite vital that I see him as soon as I can…assuming he is not dead, of course.”

[ Oopsie, sorry. That was kinda bad. It ended kinda weirdly and stuff… so yeah XD Sorry if there isn’t much to work with! ]
Greed
Greed
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down