Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rating Bios

3 posters

Go down

Rating Bios Empty Rating Bios

Post by Roman Empire Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:07 pm

I am... quite confused. Why on Earth are we rating the bios? I don't know about everyone else, but I don't put anything R rated in my bios. Sometimes I do roleplay with R rated content, but none of that ever ends up in a bio. Might I suggest that instead of rating bios we rate the threads themselves? So, say if an adult wanted to start a role play that didn't have any limits. If the thread itself was R rated then people who don't want to read or join in on that sort of stuff can stear clear. And if someone wants to start a kid friendly roleplay they can put PG or PG-13 in the title to keep R rated posters out.

Because, honestly, I have roleplayed the same exact character in a range of ratings before. It all depends on the threads I am joining, not the character I am using.
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Rating Bios Empty Re: Rating Bios

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:34 pm

We put it so people know what topic raiting the charater will be in but I do agree with you. It makes more sense but talk to the admin or Echo, our moderator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:00 am

Oh, I posted it here instead of contacting them because this seems to be the suggestion thread (of sorts)

I also suggest activity checks, sort of. Getting rid of the massive number of accounts that haven't been used in years. I wonder how many people are actually active on here...
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 am

Oh I just use it as a board for questions to anyone willing to reply and other stuff.

Not many are active but I think a little less possibly a little over 20. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by themagus Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:36 am

Roman Empire wrote:
Might I suggest that instead of rating bios we rate the threads themselves?

Good point.
themagus
themagus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by • Echo Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 am

I do see your points. Here is DayDreamer's insight on the ratings: when many people here make a bio, they make it with a specific plot or thread in mind. And so, the rating is somewhat a warning to people who would like to role play with the character as to what sort of thread they will be in. And, quite frequently, when bios are made, other bios are posted on the same thread to form a plot of some sorts. Day wanted the bios to match the threads they are in, since many characters are used in one thread and then thrown away. (I know I didn't explain this well enough here, as I'm short on time, so feel free to pm me if you want more details ^^).

Activity checks. I am so glad I am not alone in this opinion. In all honesty, I've been pondering that for a while now, and I have really been wanting to change a lot of things here. However, I am not an administrator. DayDreamer is. And she has not been active for over a month now. I am very hesitant to change things without her approval, for obvious reasons, and she left without providing me with an outside way to contact her.

Right now, nothing can change. Whether we're changing something that isn't working out or adding something that will help improve the site, it's all on hold for until the administrator comes back on. But I am listening to everything you guys are saying, and I appreciate you actually suggesting change rather than just complaining about certain things. I'm keeping a list, and I keep forwarding it to DayDreamer, but until I get a response from her, I don't have the ability to change anything.

And yes, this "Other" board is used for suggestions / complaints or whatever you want. And you can always pm mr for clarification if you ever feel you need it.
• Echo
• Echo
Honorable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Really? Huh, I didn't know they were mostly temporary characters. Wow. None of you people better respond to my posts with temp characters, you hear? =P
I was wondering why everyone kept posting in each other's bio pages. I was so afraid they would start doing it to mine DX

What if we had separate bio sections for temporary and long term characters? I don't understand how a horse herd could be started if people usually only use temp characters. It would fall apart very quickly. I think I'll try to start actual herds soon. Anyways...

Did she say she would be gone for a while or did she just disappear? I wish people would leave someone in charge if they themselves where going to leave for an extended period of time. Not that anything can be done about it now, but it would ensure that things were kept in order.
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:45 pm

I tried to make a herd once and claimed half of the rose garden while bay micky took the other but none of the herd members helped keep us active and it fell apart. :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Empire Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Well I will start one up and keep the dang thing active XD
You can join that one if you would like. Just know that I always write at least a paragraph, and often times more.
Roman Empire
Roman Empire
Beginner Player
Beginner Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Awsome! I'd love to join all my herds topics died but I bet yours won't. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content