Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Life, If You Are Not Living It? [ Open, Please Join ]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What Is Life, If You Are Not Living It?  [ Open, Please Join ] Empty What Is Life, If You Are Not Living It? [ Open, Please Join ]

Post by Saviour Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Gale

My breath slowed and the steady thrum of my heartbeat pounded in my ears. I pull the bow taught and catch a deep breath in my throat, captivating blue eyes tracing the buck's movement with a slow glide. I release the breath and my arrow simultaneously and a small thud silenced the creatures of the forest. My scarred hands set the bow on my back and a steady gait brings me to the kill. I gut and clean the animal before bundling the meat and hide into my pack. The carcass is left behind in the mercy of scavengers and I head back to camp. I lazily toss my bag onto the ground and spark a fire up from the warm coals of last night. I thought briefly about moving to avoid conflict with anyone, but ignore the idea and cook the venison thoroughly. The meat was just tender enough, and was only a little bit gamey. I lie back and watch the day turn to dusk, and then from dusk to night. I slowly connect the stars, finding this shape and that, but no matter the placement I always found her face. I grumble and roll over, drawing in the soft dirt with my index finger. A rabbit hopped along slowly, stopping at a bush around fifteen feet from me to nibble on some berries. After a while, I rest my eyes and soon drift into a light sleep.

[ Looking for another player who will give me something to work with, preferably playing a female but anything will do ]

What Is Life, If You Are Not Living It?  [ Open, Please Join ] Adam-Gregory-as-Gale-the-hunger-game-trilogy-12060996-369-462
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

What Is Life, If You Are Not Living It?  [ Open, Please Join ] Empty Re: What Is Life, If You Are Not Living It? [ Open, Please Join ]

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Emily walked out of her tent unable to sleep, her brown hair tangled. She didn't care though, just walked over to the fire and pulled out her brush and stroked her hair a few times making it ok looking but not as good as usual. She sat down on a log and reached her hands out rubing them over the crackling fire. She then noticed Gale, "Hi, I'm Emily."Her tender voice was hard to hear over the crickets. She looked him up and down but it was to dark out and only the part of him seable was in the fire's light otherwise then his bright geen-ish colored eyes that stood out in the pitch black surroundings. She looked up to the sky and mumbled to herself, "beautiful." She started to look for consolations; spotting both dippers and pegasus. She then looked back down listening to the chirping crickets, whispering wind, frogs, and fire. Peacful. She thought then looked to Gale smiling her lip smile, hiding her perly white teeth. She then got an idea, starting to hum a tune that seamed to go perfectly with the nature around them but stopped thinking not every one likes misic. She wouldn't want to desturb Gale. Her eyes reflected in the fire as she got lost in thought but snapped out of it when her belly growled she went into her ten and got a hot dog and a clean stick to roast it on. "Want one?" She asked starting to cook her's..

(Sorry it's horrible, would be better if my dad would let me blow dry my soaking wet hair where I can get on Britt's PC.)

Last edited by wild one on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

What Is Life, If You Are Not Living It?  [ Open, Please Join ] Empty Re: What Is Life, If You Are Not Living It? [ Open, Please Join ]

Post by Saviour Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm

[ Are you going to post or no? ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:54 pm

(Done.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Gale

I jump slightly at the girl's voice but relax shortly after. She mutters something under her breath, about the stars I think. I nod silently and listen to her as she hums. Her small voice glided gracefully over the notes. She stops, and I get up slowly to stir the fire. "You have a beautiful voice" I say, adding a piece of firewood and then settling into a sitting position. I shake my head at her offer for food and pull off a piece of the venison I cooked earlier. It was cold, but it was just as good as when it was fresh off the fire. It held a smoky flavor that added to the sweetness of the meat. I pull out my water bottle and take a drink, taking a small glance at the girl. She had a cuteness to her, but not in the little kid sort of way. Her slightly tousled hair indicated that she hadn't been able to sleep. I realized that it had grown quiet and attempted to spark a conversation. "So, where are you from?"
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Emily
[color=white]I blushed slightly at his comment, "Thanks." I look back to my hotdog and rotate one more time before getting into my tent and wrapping it up in a bun walking back out to my seat taking a bite, delishos was my only thought on the tender juicy pig meat. I watched him pull out a piece of meat, possibly a steak of some kind? I wounder listening to him ask a question, "Panama city, Florida. You?" If he asked I would tell him why I was here. I twisted a strand of hair around my finger for the fun of it. I look over to him, still smiling my eyes seamed to shine in the dark, I was told by my mom before the acadent.[ /color]

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Gale

I nod silently in the darkness and pull my hands behind my head. Gazing up into the stars and for once ignoring all those painful memories of the past. "Florida, huh? I've heard it's pretty nice there" I say, casually ignoring her innocent question. I flick my eyelids close and take a sharp breath of the cool night air. It was heavy, like it is before a storm. I look back into the sky and find no clouds though, and decide that I ought to be safe from rain until morning. Besides, it was fairly warm tonight and I had a tarp in my bag that I could easily make into a makeshift tent. That settled, I stir the fire, which gave off a soothing yet slightly mysterious glow.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Emily
I ignore the fact he didn't answer my question, "Yea, it's great down there bit so many hurricanes all the time. Hmm I think it might rain." With that said I pull my tarp over my tent and lach it, "So why you here?" My voice was like a nife though the sudent silence as I gazed up at the sky then looked back down, "It's awfully quite." All the night animals had grown silent as if a danger was near.

(Epic fail sorry)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Gale

I watch as she pulls a tarp over her tent and then pull my knife from my belt. I twirl it once around my index finger then get to work slicing a chunk out of an apple. I chew in silence, looking absently into the darkness that was the forest's company. I nod slowly. "Yea, it is isn't it?" I say, taking notice to her observation. I shift uneasily and try to find life. A bird, a cat, something. I furrow my brows and stand up. "I'll be right back, alright?" I say and throw my bag over my shoulder. I step quietly past the fire's reach and into the night. A glimmer of eyes shone in the crevice of a tree branch and I notch an arrow quickly, walking to the side while keeping my bow steady.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Emily
I nod and watch him wounder off I heard a yowl in the distance and shot up, sounded like a big cat a grab a stick just in case he doesn't shot it right with his bow and the animal go kayotic. The stick was long and the kind you'd usually get a splinter from, it broke in to two at the top. Perfect for stopping something and holding it back from you by the neck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Gale

The eyes faded, then reappeared closer by me. I let out a long breath and shoot, a small yip then a loud snarl told me I had missed. The glow fo the eyes was brighter than ever, and one more shot to the right white orb brought the beast down. I step over and pull the arrow from its eye, then the first one that I had missed with. I grab the mountain lion by its scruff and pull it onto my back, leaving the head to hang down so I didn't get soiled from the blood. When I get back by the fire I drop the animal and sit down by it. I decided to gut it and such after the girl went to bed, since she seemed like the sort with a weaker stomach. "Must've been avoiding the cold snow up on the mountain" I say.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:59 am

Emily-
I calm when he appears and sit down aging. "Yea must have." She giggled slighty. "Well see you in the morning." She got up and went to her tent unziping it then reziping it and crawling in and pulling the blankets over herself."Good night pugzly. " She whispered to the photo of her male dog at home who was getting very old. Soon she was alseep and perfectly still.

When morning came and all the noises filed the air of birds she didn't awake just slept on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am

Gale

I nod slowly and watch as she crawls into the tent. She zips it back up, and I pull out my knife. I make a long, deep cut down the stomach of the animal. The insides fell out and I quickly took them far from the camp. When I returned, I separated the muscle of the animal from the skin and bones, then took them to the same spot as the insides. Finally, I made a stand atop the fire and let the meat cook overnight. I hadn't gotten very soiled during the whole process, so I decided I would wash off in the crick when morning rolled around. I settle into the my bag and close my eyes. Within seconds I was asleep, nestled in my sleeping bag but alert as ever.
A loud robin called and chirped from one of the nearby trees like an alarm clock. I crawl out of my bed and stretch, a yawn waking me up most of the way. I slip into my Carhartt jacket and stir the lightly glowing coals. I take the smoked meat off the stand and put it into my bag. I left some out for the girl though, in case she wanted some. I add a couple logs to the fire before grabbing my bag and heading down towards the stream.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Emily

When I finally awake I smell meat and my mouth waters so I get out to see some on the fire, I figured Gale must have left it for me and took it taking a bite and savoring the taste but once done I grabbed some stuff and headed for the creak. My hair was tangled and I looked like a living Zombie. When I arrived I didn't notice Gale and set my stuff down looking towards the creak and spotting a sucear spot where I'd be hidden behind a large rock. I started striping and garbed my bathing soap and hair stuff head over to the spot. Once there I started washing up.

(Sss & Ssb)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Gale

I pull off my shirt and pants and ease down into the water. It was cool and soothing. I rub off the dirt and blood from my torso and arms. I hear a shift of leaves behind me and turn around quickly, I catch the sight of the girl and dip down lower into the water. I take a few deep gulps and then come back up. She was gone when I surfaced. I dress myself quickly and take a few more drinks before I leave. The bag seemed lighter now that I wasn't groggy and every movement was easier. I slowly climb back towards camp, but stop to sit in a tree and take a short nap in the morning light.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Emily

I'm soon putting in conditioner and waiting three minutes before washing it off and getting out through my dirty close on and walking back to camp with my stuff. I enter my tent and get dressed and come out in jeans and a gray jacket hiding a blue tank top. It was still a little breezy out so I would keep it on for awhile. I sat by the fire watching it strangely intensely.

(Hey so what kind of camp they at?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 pm

[ It's just where he was staying, I was thinking it would just be them and a few other people maybe ]

Gale

I wake up an hour later and jump down from the tree. I pull the bag over my shoulder and walk back to camp. The girl was by the fire, watching it intently as though it was something she was hunting. I set down my backpack and run my fingers through my slightly damp hair. It must've sprinkled where I was napping. I sit down and pull out a piece of venison. I offer some to the girl before taking a bite of my piece.

[ sss ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Emily

I was still starring at the fire when he came thoughts like, wounder how life existis, how can we make fire and do all the stuff we do why we all here? I then snapped out of it, of course I knew that stuff but really deeply wounder truly how. When I'm offered the meat I smile and take it in my hand, "Thank you." Munching on it I notice how cute he was and got slightly nurvious but kept calm and pulled my eyes off him, "Sorry." My voice was haste but calm I slowly chew the meat bite by bite savoring the taste till my shares over.

(Kay.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Gale

A small chuckle came from me and I shake my head "It's fine" I say, even though I had no idea what she was apologizing for. I lay back against my bad and cross my legs at my ankles, putting my arm behind my head. "So why are you here?" I ask her "In the forest, I mean?"

[ Oh. My. God. Sorry. ]
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:55 pm

"My father said it would do me good to get away for awhile after my mom died." My words where blunt-ish. "You?" I say getting up and going into my tent garbing my brush coming out and comping though the wet mess till it dried more and looked pretty once aging long and brown.

(It's fine, Smile )

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Gale

I catch myself watching as she combed through her long, silky hair and quickly look to the fire. "I've nothing else, pretty much." I say slowly, and turn over the log in the fire so it would keep burning. "My mom left my dad after she had me, beens how she was only around 21 and he was almost 30." I say roughly. "They were murdered by some pyschopath who was obsessed with my mom and I ran before he could hurt me too bad" I leave the story at that and take another bite of the venison.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:25 pm

"Sorry to hear that." I don't say anymore, not wanting to taunt him with what ever memories he had. "I was holding my mother's hand when she passed." I say before adding, "Lets talk about something happy. You like fishing?" I say switching the subject quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Gale

"Not necessarily" I chuckle lightly "I haven't got the patience" I say and look over to her "You?". My dark hair shifted around as the wind picked up in the area. The sweet scent of rain was dancing on its toes. I pull the tarp into a tent and then sit back down.
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:39 pm

"I love it, mainly because I'm use to going to the small places where you get a bunch of bites but usually no big fish. It's so annoying when the small Minos steal your bait." I say then chuckle slightly. "So you like hunting? What's the whole key to it. My father said he teach me but never ever got to it." I smile at him in a friendly way feeling the butterflies leave my stumic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saviour Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Gale

I relax when it comes to hunting. "It's simple really, and in our nature. All you have to do is be stealthy, and have a weapon you're good with." I say and look over into her eyes. Only then did I realize her true beauty. It was a raw, natural one that was so rare. Today, most of the girls you meet are so caked with crayola makeup that they are scary, but her, she is beautiful in her own way. I smile small and look back to the fire. "I prefer bows, they are silent and more natural.."
Saviour
Saviour
Super Star Player
Super Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next