Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanora, a mare of interesting characteristics (mature post)

Go down

Sanora, a mare of interesting characteristics (mature post) Empty Sanora, a mare of interesting characteristics (mature post)

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:05 pm

The minute the paint coloured mare entered the land she could here mare's and stallions roaming about. Pricking her ears she hastened her pace to a fast walk then into a smooth trot. Her hoove's picking there way through the dead grass and tumble weeds with deadly accuracy. Dark blue eyes roamed the land from under a thick black forelock that turned into a yellow white at her neck. Snorting softly she looked at the dead grassy land that seemed to be dying. Her brown and white coat blended well with her surroundings. Sand turned up under her hooves as she continued to trot lazily along in search of more horses. Having come along ways, she was covered with a layer of sweat having run most of it. She had just avoided being killed...barely. Sanora thought grimly as she licked her lips.

A few days before her herd had been killed by a Dark herd. Though hers had only been a rogue herd, since they would not join the Dark's the Dark's decided punishment by death would be suitable. Though when the killing began Sanora had been far enough away to make her escape with only minor injuries. A few scrapes and bruises. But that was the last of her concerns. Right now she just wanted a herd, because being out here in this land was hard enough without being alone. Sighing she comes to a sliding stop and lowers her head to sniff at some tracks of a big stallion. There had been many tracks but so far this one was the biggest she had seen so far. Raising her head with interest she looks towards the direction in which they lead and let out a loud and hopeful neigh.

Rearing up she lashes out in the dry heat determinedly, and almost with a hint of hatred. Though her tale was sad, Sanora was a strong mare. Never did she let one bad day ruin the rest of her week. Still on her powerful back legs she lets a terrifying scream rip free of her thirsty dry throat before settling back down on the hot sand. Swishing her tale, she looks out from under her thick forelock and waits.

http://www.davidburkenature.com/photos/mustangs/7412_wild_mustang_horse_stallion_stud_mccullough_peaks_wy.jpg

Back to top Go down

Sanora, a mare of interesting characteristics (mature post) Empty Re: Sanora, a mare of interesting characteristics (mature post)

Post by Emoticon Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Olaisis

Olaisis stopped and looked around him. He saw tracks and grass and weeds ripped right from the roots. He froze, sniffing the air."smells like a mare, though I can't say if its in heat or not." He said out loud though he didn't mean too. He heard hooves moving but short, he could tell the mare turned and faced him but he was hidden with his color matching the tree bark. He walked quietly to the other side of the mare, he was spying on her. He came closer to see her eyes, they were dark blue. He raised to see her head and shook a branch then stepped on thorns. He Neighed in pain. Just then the mare looked at the bush walking slowly closer he knew the mare would find him then run off.I shouldn't have done it this way, but it is too soon to back out know. He thought to himself.

He grabbed a branch of the ground and hit a branch 15 feet away from him. I walked over to another side, then I rustled though the branch and appeared. Looking at her for a minute, she turned around and i saw her eyes. I read her expression, she was suspicious. I tried to look friendly, but i didn't know how i looked in her eyes."Hello mare, I saw you and wanted to study you. I didn't mean to frighten you. I looked at her, she was standing there saying nothing. She looked even more suspicious Ok, not working maybe I should be more persuasive.No that won't work!, I'm trying to hard, just be myself"I see your hurt, fight maybe? Your wounds haven't healed completely, they still look red.My name is Olaisis, leader of High fields. I was hoping to get more mares for the herd when i found you.Can you tell me about you?"
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Sanora, a mare of interesting characteristics (mature post) Empty Re: Sanora, a mare of interesting characteristics (mature post)

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:52 pm

Sanora~
Hearing the branch break I flinch slightly as my head whips in that direction and eye the bush. Snorting I toss my head up and down acouple times then relax a tad. But my muscles remained tense, ready to spring away in any given moment if it was danger. Flicking my long black tail again I snort more loudly and dip my head towards the ground for a moment before bringing it back up. Extending a foreleg I rub my head on it ridding of the itch that was on my right cheek.

When he steps out of the branches my head instantly flies up and I whip around to face him with slightly flattened ears. Once I realize it was just another horse I relax some and listen to his words. Flicking my ears back an forth I shake my head and after a few minutes rest a back hoof, my dark blue eye's settling on his with ease. "No, I wasn't in a fight." I say softly, my voice like sweetened honey. "My name is Sanora. I have come from far away.." As I speak I venture to look around us for a split second but not long enough for him to make a move before I refocus on him. I dully noted he was taking more mare's, though my kind weren't keen to respect those in higher ranks then them. Snorting I arch my eyebrow slightly, my thick forelock moving to the side slightly to reveal clearly one of my dark blue eyes. "I am a wild rebel..a rogue. Of the purest Spanish Mustang descent."

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 am

Olasis
~I look at her, puzzled."She is a sturdy mare, maybe i could invite her to my land if she would come""If you want mare you could come to my land if you want. If you don't want to breed thats fine, i just want a herd, thats all.

(i goota go i'll finish the rest later)
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Sanora~
I prick my ears and look closely at him. "Don't you already have a herd?" I ask slowly with some interest. Lowering my muzzle I nose at the dead grass. Its stiff bristle like texture poking me. Licking my dry lips I look at the creek a few feet away. Sighing I flick my gaze back to him and make my mind up.

Figuring I could be more at ease with him, I pick my dainty feet up and walk to the creek. Once there I press my nose to the water and lip at the water. Then after a few seconds I submerge half my face in it and blow bubbles. Flicking my tail happily I raise my head just enough to get some water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Olaisis
I look at her, trying to be more friendly. maybe I could invite her to my herd, she might come.I go to graze and some soft moist green grass. The mist from this mourning has turned the grass into a mushy green mix. I stomped my foot in disgust from the color and texture but kept on eating. I realized I was starving, and it was a couple of hours since I've checked on the herd. I went to graze on some grass by the creek, walking 10 feet from Sanora. [i] maybe it won't be as gross looking from the other grass.[i] I got a quick drank and splashed it on my hooves. I put my muzzle in the grass and I felt something sharp, with needles like a cactus. I looked at it and It was a rose bush, just about 3 inches in length. I winned and reared as the burning sensation in my mouth wouldn't stop. Then I stepped on a thorn, i tried to step but both my feet tangled with each other, and I fell neck first in the river. I caused a big splash and got myself all wet. I get up and shake it off."Do you want to come to my land, I'll show you the other mares."
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:13 am

Sanora~
As he falls into the lake my head shoots up with pricked ears in surprise. But as he gets up all soaking wet I try to refrain from giggling, but it was to no avail. For in the end I lost and ended up giggling softly, the noise the chiming bells. I calm myself enough to answer him and look at him. "Yes, I will go to look at your herd." I say with a smile, that fades slightly. "But I will not make a promise to stay." I say gently and look away. He sure was a nice guy, but I didn't know if the herd was the same. Lowering my head I nose at the softer grass next to the creek, pulling some up I chew on them thoughtfully before going up the rather steep incline of the bank and sighing once at the top. Stopping I turn to look at him slightly over my shoulder before walking over to an apple tree. As I walk though I couldn't help but smile again as the image of him falling into the creek after eatting a Rose bush, of all things!, and then stepping on a thorn and finally falling into the creek. Chuckling I shake my head and come to a stop under the tree whose branches offered a very much needed and appreiciated shade. Nickering lowly I flick my tail rythmically to keep the flies off and turn to watch him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:20 pm

(It's high fields you can make a topic or you could post on the topic too.)
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:02 pm

(where is it??)

Back to top Go down

Post by Emoticon Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:06 am

(It's by painted ledge. It's High fields)
Emoticon
Emoticon
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am

((Okies I posted there))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum