Call of the Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreaming of Land(M) (Infinity)

2 posters

Go down

Dreaming of Land(M) (Infinity) Empty Dreaming of Land(M) (Infinity)

Post by Guardian Angel Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:03 pm

"Over here, its this way!"
Obrylin kicked her legs faster gliding effortlessly through the water, her fin like hooves making it easier for her move. She was following her six legged friend towards a secret spot he had discovered that morning while she was at school. Her teal eyes were dead set on his little tail waving back and forth ahead of her. The two weren't racing as they usually were because this was a spot in the ocean Ob had never been before. She was the adventurous type, but when it came to the south side of her home, the young mer-mare hadn't explored there yet.
"Its right up there!"
Ob tilted her head up as Sal swam upwards along a rock wall and disappeared over it. She paused for a second, admiring the beauty of the large rock formation she had only ever seen from a distance. Up close it was grey, almost metallic and little glimmers caught her eyes when the sun above glinted off of it.
"Well, are ya coming or what?"
"Im coming, im coming!" she called back and kicked after him. She scaled the wall and came nose to nose to her little seal like friend and laughed. He had hidden himself inside a hole. "Now where?" she asked.
"Down here. Its the only way."
Sal swam deeper into the hole and Ob went after him, working her way through the hole barely big enough for her to fit through. It was dark at first, but then the hole leveled out and opened up into a large cavern. It was well lit from the sunlight beaming down from the larger hole above them.
"I figured you could keep all your treasures here so your father wouldn't find them." Sal explained and did little back flips through the water.
Ob smiled at him and moved around the cavern, inspecting little crevices that would make perfect shelves for her objects collected from the surface and sunken boats. "Its perfect!" she beamed and pulled her best friend into a hug.
"You haven't seen the best part!" he cried and tugged away from her, racing upwards.
Ob tilted her head and followed him upwards until they broke the surface. Sun blinded her for a moment, but when she was able to see, the mare was mesmerized by the beauty around her. Sal had found the perfect from which she could gaze at the beach not far from where they were. Lush green trees covered the back edge of the white sand and swayed in the gentle sea breeze. She could make out large rocks and birds flying over head. "Its amazing." she breathed.
"Thank you! And Look, if you watch long enough, one of those land horses might come out!  I saw one earlier." Sal said, winking at her.
The two settled together, Sal up on the rock and Ob with her forelegs straddling the edge and waited for one of Obrylin's favorite kind of land creature to emerge for the trees. She had only ever seen one or two in her life time since her father wouldn't let her near the land. What was he to worry about anyway? Its not like she could walk up onto it.

Dreaming of Land(M) (Infinity) Maf_66_obrylin
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Dreaming of Land(M) (Infinity) Empty Re: Dreaming of Land(M) (Infinity)

Post by ∞Infinity∞ Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Orion looked at the deep blue sea. His red roan coat dark under the cover of the trees. He was a wild stallion, his mom had been a palace horse though. She had been released to foal though, since his father was unknown. After he was born, she had been caught again, and he had learned to survive on his own.

He was a big, gentle stallion. And had never had a mare of his own. But, that wasn't unique. He was still very young. He was a handsome stud though. His cherry red coat, mixed evenly with silver hairs. He had four whit stockings, that went all the way up to his knees. He also had a long blaze, that turned blotchy around his eyes. And then his spectacular trade mark, three pure white specs on his rump that looked like Orion's belt. 
«««««««««»»»»»»»»»
I gazed at the sea, wanting it so badly. But I couldn't, I must stay hidden in the trees. If I didn't, I would be captured. A red roan horse like me, was worth a lot of money in a land of greys. I almost laughed at the thought. Me being worth anything!!! I'm just a wild stallion! 

My thoughts were again attracted to the beach though, and the blue sea beyond it. I snorted in annoyance, trying to weigh out the pros and cons. Pro...I could cool myself, con... I could be seen. But the lure of the ocean was just to great, and I stepped into the sunlight.

The hot sand soothed my aching hooves, as I traveled slowly toward the water. I kept my ears pricked, awaiting anything. Then I reached the water. The strong salt scent burnt my nostrils, and eyes, but the cool water lapping at my hooves kept me going. I smiled and went deeper, so the water went halfway up my sides. Then I went a little farther, till the water reached my withers. That's when I heard it... The screeching sound of yelling men, and the thunder of multiple horses.

I was caught, I was vulnerable...  I turned back toward the shore, but the water slowed me. Soon the riders were almost upon me, and I was still stumbling in a foot and a half of water. I felt the rope tighten around my neck as I reached the sand. I squealed, my eyes rolling. I pulled away from the rope, but it only tightened. Then another one caught my front, left leg and I stumbled. I bucked, and from behind me heard a soft bang, and a swoosh of wind. Simultaneously, I felt a sharp prick in my rump. I looked back, and before everything went black, saw a colorful dart had punctured one of my stars.

I awoke later, not sure how much later, but later.  I was in the belly of a ship, I realized right away. All four of my legs were tethered to little rings in the corners of my makeshift stall. I also had on a tight halter, and two ropes around my neck, each rope was connected to a wall of the stall. Two lead lines protruded from the halter, and we're also tied to each side of the stall. I could hardly move. I had little memories about my trip here. They had dragged me to the port, where they had harnessed me in a sling, and hoisted me onto the ship deck. By then the tranquilizer was wearing off, but I still wasn't in my right mind. At least I could stand though. Then all they did was undo the sling, halter me, and lead/push/pull me to the stall.

And that's where I am now.
∞Infinity∞
∞Infinity∞
Good player
Good player

Location : Standing alone in the clouds. Looking down on everything I ever did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Angel Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:18 pm

"Hey look!" Sal almost shouted, pointing with one of his six arms at something moving along the white sandy beach. Ob perked her head up and squinted against the glaring sun, doing her best to focus on what Sal was motioning towards. At first, all she saw was a red blob, but upon staring closer, she made out a horse.
"Oh wow! One of those land horses!" she squealed and then ducked down when her voice echoed off the stone walls.
Together, the two watched as the red roan creature made its way across the sand towards the lapping waves. Ob felt a smile come across her face as she watched it draw closer and enter the welcoming waves. "They can swim?" she asked aloud, completely mystified. "But it doesn't have any fins.."
"Its a he." Sal told her with a twinkle in his eye.
"How can you tell?"
Sal squirmed for a minute and then said, "Their sex organs are between their back legs. Iv done a lot of studying."
Ob just nodded her head and went back to watching the stallion move through the waves. She admired his beautifully colored coat and marveled at the silver that etched his pelt. "He is so wonderful.." she breathed.

What happened next totally caught the pair off guard. The loud sounds of hooting and hollering drew their attention to the direction it was coming from. "Oh my!" Ob cried. Her instinct was telling her to dive beneath the surface but curiosity held her in its vices. She stayed put, frozen in time, as her new obsession was captured with ropes and dragged away down the beach. "We have to help him!" She wailed and dove back down into the water weaving through the cavern with Sal close behind telling her that it was a terrible idea.

"He is on that ship.." Sal told Ob as they broke the surface near the large boat.
Ob swam forward, ignoring Sal's pleas to stop, and hurried through the water towards he ship. The little mer-mare swam right up to the boat, fighting fear, and touched the hard surface with one of her fins. Sal swan up beside her, shaking with worry and fear.
"I dont think this is a good idea.. How are we suppose to get in there anyway?"
Ob ignored him and moved along the ship, looking for a way to see in. With luck on her side, she found a large port hole and stuck her head inside. "I see him!" The stallion looked terrible. He was all roped up with something all over his long face. There was a pain in her heart. She hated seeing creatures all tied up. "I want to get his attention."
"Ob, im sure this boat is going somewhere.." He jumped up to peer inside the ship. "Maybe..." he paused and took a deep breath. He couldn't believe he was saying this. He was instructed by her father to keep her safe and out of harms way. Messing with land folk was totally the opposite. "Maybe we could follow it?"
"Wonderful idea, Sal!" she cheered and nuzzled him to her.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ∞Infinity∞ Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:54 pm

I snorted when I heard murmuring. It was coming from my right, but I couldn't turn my head enough to see who it was. Instead, all I saw was quick moving shadows, and little flashes of color. For once in my life, I was truly scared.  I shuffled away from the murmurs, as far as my ropes would let me go. Which was only a couple inches. I huffed a warning, my nostrils flaring. From what I could tell, the murmuring was coming from a horse. But a horse that was either talking way to fast, or in another language. I also heard little squeaks, which hurt my ears. I nickered, my eyes showing white. "What ever you are... leave me be!" 

Then the ship lurched forward, bringing my body forward too, but the ropes jerked me back. I gave a small grunt of pain, as a I felt us moving forward slowly. I pinned my ears, as the great, wooden ship swayed beneath me. I cod feel myself getting sick already. A low grown passed from my maw, as we moved faster. I pulled at my ropes, trying to get away. But all in vain, for they held tight. I screeched, and kicked, and attempted to buck, but again the ropes held.

My ears were drawn forward from stomping noises from above. The only source of light now that it was darker out. From somewhere above me thunder roared. I could smell a storm, and a big one at that. My heart lurched, as the great ship groaned. A light rain began to fall, but I could only hear it, and see it collecting on the ground around the port holes. A deep, frightened whinney escaped me as I heard yelling from above. "Watch for the rocks! Watch for them!" They all screamed. Then, there was a sickening crunch. I heard men yell and curse, and water rushed down the stairs in front of me. "Free the animals!" They were saying now.

A moment later, a bearded man clamped down the stairs, slipping and almost falling. He pulled something from his pants, and a flash of lightning reflected off the thin blade of his knife. A shrill whinney escaped me. My eyes surrounded my white, my nostrils so flared they looked like they were bleeding. "Easy you wild thing!" The man hollered over the wind, as he approached me. He leaned down, and cut the rope holding my left front hoof, then he did the same for the back. Just then the ship lurched to the side, and we both slipped, me hitting the wooden side of the stall. Him sliding across the floor till, he hit the side of the ship. He righted himself, and trudged toward me, through the ever increasing water at our feet. "Sorry beasty..." He said as he again bent down and cut the rope holding my left hoof, and then my back one. Now I was completely free, except for the halter. The man reached up, and fumbled with the buckle, the minutes ticking away like seconds.  Finally he cursed and just sliced the ropes, including the ones around my neck.

Then with a mighty leap, off was off up the stairs. I slipped once and collapsed, but eventually made it up. Then I was stuck in a horrible chaos! Men running, and screaming everywhere! Some giving orders, some pulling ropes. The ship groaned again, and lurched to the side. Heavy rain fell from the dark clouds, and a bright, flaming light showed throughout the Windows of the ship's cabin. That's when I smelled it...FIRE!! I stumbled around, in a confused daze, and then I finally saw it. The edge of the ship. I lunged toward the side, running over men on my way. Then the ship again lurched, just as I jumped. And all of a sudden, I was falling toward the water.
∞Infinity∞
∞Infinity∞
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Angel Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:04 pm

(promise i havent forgotten, just super busy !! Ill reply soon!)
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ∞Infinity∞ Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Ok thanks!!
∞Infinity∞
∞Infinity∞
Good player
Good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian Angel Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Ob and Sal floated along behind the big wooden ship, occasionally moving along its side to peer into the port hole on the wall. Every time the little mer-mare stuck her head into the window to check on the stallion they were hoping to save, her heart sank deep within her chest. Why were land folk so mean and cruel? Horses and other animal were not meant to be tied up and locked away from the outside. They were meant to run free.
"The sky isnt looking to nice right now." Sal observed, his furry head tilted up towards a group of ominous looking clouds that loomed over the horizon. Obrylin followed his gaze and frowned. She had never been this far away from her underwater home before and now a large storm was coming in.
"We will be okay if we just stick close to the boat." she said, swimming faster to stay close to its base.

Within the hour, the storm was upon the ship and crew. As the wind picked up, the waves became harsher and crashed over each other. They knocked into the boat, tossing it back and forth like a ball effortlessly. Sal and Ob had ducked under the churning water to watch the bottom of the boat from safety. Beneath he dense surface, the two could hear the angry sounds of thunder and see the flashes of lighting light up the dark sky.
"We have to make sure the horse is okay!" Ob cried.
Sal glanced nervously over at the large boat rocking above them and whimpered. "But the storm is so strong. Even if we help him, there is no chance he could survive!"
Ob swam in tight circles, her mind racing to come up with an idea that could help her save the land creature but nothing was coming to mind. It then that a loud explosion above had the two friends looking up and seeing red. Ob gasped and rushed to the surface. She broke the water just as another loud bang echoed around her and shielded her eyes from a massive blaze of red, yellow, and orange. "Fire.." she whispered. Sal hurried up beside her and gasped, too. The boat rocked even more violently now and the sounds of humans shouting mixed with the roar of the night. Another explosion blinded them and Sal cried out as he jumped onto Ob, forcing her below the water just as a large wooden beam crashed into the water right where they were.
"Oh my Goodness..!" Ob cried as she looked up and saw the massive beam swaying on the waves. "That was close!"
Sal nodded and tried to catch his breath just as another loud crash boomed over head. It sounded like a sloppy splash. The two looked up and saw the stallion!
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Big Star Player
Big Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down